Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

My best friend recommended Five Star to me and I went to have my gown clean and pressed before my wedding. I had no clue all of the other things they did there and had I known, would have gone there to get my alterations done as well. My gown got pretty filthy after bridal portraits and they got it back to its original condition very quickly. I was one happy, less stressed bride when I saw how clean and perfect it was after. Thank you Five Star!

Recently Married

I came here to not only get my gown altered to fit better, but also to get it cleaned and pressed before my wedding day. It definitely needed it after my bridal portraits were taken! The staff is knowledgeable and attentive and answered all of my ten thousand questions. Would definitely go back to get other special occasion gowns or dresses altered, cleaned or pressed.

Recently Married

I had a little too much fun on my wedding day and it resulted in my dress looking pretty horrific by the end of the night. There were not only some nice grass and dirt stains, but I somehow managed to spill red wine on my dress as well. I thought it was a lost cause. I took it in to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to see if it could at least be cleaned before I put it away. Marissa and Veronica were knowledgeable, helpful, and professional throughout the entire process. They ended up doing much more than just cleaning my gown. They preserved it to an even better condition than when I first bought it! It came out beautifully and is safely put away in the hopes that someday my daughter might want to wear it. Thank you, ladies!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The ladies at the this venue were EXTREMELY helpful and assisted me when I needed it the most (within 10 days of the actual wedding for my bridesmaid dress). The final product came out fantastic, and the ladies were completely flexible with my needs and added valued feedback about what alterations/changes were appropriate. I would definitely recommend Five Star to anyone who is needing help with formal wedding attire. Thanks again!

Recently Married

My wedding dress needed some major alterations and I wanted it to be done right the first time. I was very impressed with all they were able to do. I will definitely be going back to get my dress preserved! I highly recommend them for any bride!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Marissa and the ladies at Five star wedding gown specialists were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They are friendly, professional and answer all questions thoroughly. They produce quality work and take alteration of the wedding dress as seriously as the bride. I would recommend them to anyone.

1+ year ago

These ladies do it all! I had my gown altered, cleaned & pressed, as well as preserved. It was money well spent. Great attention to detail and they really know their stuff!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I got my wedding dress preserved here and couldn't be any happier with how it turned out. The finished product is absolutely stunning and I am still in disbelief that it is the same gown I dropped off. The staff is excellent too!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Words can not explain the divine talent that was put into re constructing my entire ( extremely detailed vintage wedding dress) this was a blessing to have her do my dress, I recommend them to anyone considering any type of work on a dress. I also had the take apart a old vintage dress I had bought and design a one of a kind veil and it turned out better than I could imagine. Thank you ladies for all you have done to make my day very special:) Sincerly ,
One satisfied bride;)

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was married in November 2013 and my dress sat in my basement until I was able to find the right company to clean and preserve my gown. I was so excited when I stumbled upon Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. I sent my dress to the team at Five Star as I am not local to San Antonio. They were so great with communication as they called me to let me know it arrived and they would take special care of my dress. The quality of service that Five Star provided was not only outstanding but exceeded my expectations. It took a few weeks for them to preserve my dress and then they sent it back to me. They called me with all the shipping information and to let me know when to receive it, I was beyond thrilled with the quality of service and care that was given to my dress as well as me. Thank you to the Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for helping me finish the final task of my wedding!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Super impressed with this place and the ladies who work there! I highly recommend them if you are looking for exceptional care of your wedding gown. They did a major overhaul in alterations on my wedding gown and I ended up going back after my wedding to have my gown preserved. That was the best thing I ever did! I highly recommend any bride preserve her wedding memories for her kids and grandkids by coming here!

1+ year ago

The staff of Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists are great to work with, they are very helpful and professional. They helped me with alterations to my wedding gown and had it ready in time for the bridal portraits and are cleaning it for the ceremony. Their staff is very experience and showed my maid of honor how to tie a corset back. I would highly recommend using Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for any alterations, cleaning or gown preservation needs.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I went to Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my gown preserved and it was the best thing I ever did. It turned out beautifully and I could not have been any happier with the service or the quality of what they do there. Since then, we have gone there for other things, including pretty much having them redesign a prom gown for my daughter. They can seriously do anything!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

They are fabulous!!! They literally had to remake the back of my dress due to the dress coming from the designer unable to be wore and not enough time to order it again. They were very understanding and worked and reworked to make this dress look exactly like it should. I am so grateful!!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Wow amazing work! Receptionists helped right away, they acted immediately. Great customer service, totally satisfied :)

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My husband and I wanted to renew our wedding vowels. Even though we'd only been married for five years, we have had a very difficult And hard marriage with me Having a great many health problems among other things. I've been sick for five years and it's been a very difficult time for both of us – there were times when we weren't sure if we were going to make it. So, doing this renewal was extremely important. It reaffirmed our feelings and goals for our marriage. My husband and I have little to no money (Due to my illnesses, disabilities, and medical bills I can no longer work) and to make things even worse, extremely limited budget to have a wedding on. The only reason we were able to have a vow renewal ceremony was because of the blessings that were bestowed upon us. One of those blessings was from Five Star cleaners. My original plan was to try and spot clean my gown myself. I also had planned on adding my own train. My father advised against me trying to clean them myself and really wanted to contribute to the wedding and so he decided to take care of the cost. We couldn't afford very much at all – getting it cleaned it was a huge expense for us to begin with. Then, the idea of getting the gown bustled – even though it was really needed, the cost again was concerning…. But, we went ahead and did it and the ladies at Five Star assured me that everything would be beautiful and it would look perfect.
A few days later, I called Five Stars wedding department and ended up in tears. I found out that my wedding dress would more than likely would not fit due to Medication and weight gain. The last time I taken this medication for a week I gained over 20 pounds and even though the medication was extremely necessary, it scared me to no end. I was going to have to take the medication for at least a month – all the way to my wedding day. I am Already extremely Self-conscious about my weight inside – to gain even more weight really freaked me out.