Fiona's Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Fiona did a fantastic job with our wedding cake. From the introduction, to the little details, to the finished product. We were thrilled with our cake. And that's just the look. The cake tasted WONDERFUL. Fiona put her heart and soul into the cake.

We truly appreciated Fiona's professionalism and quality of work!

Recently Married

Fiona was great to work with and the cake was not only beautiful but so delicious! We couldn't have wished for a better cake. Fiona was very responsive - even when I was wavering back and forth between a few designs. Everyone raved about hwt delicious the cake was and how elegantly it had been decorated. She really did a great job! We couldn't have been happier with our experience.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Beautiful! Delicious! Fiona had lots of great suggestions and pictures for inspiration. Our guests loved having a choice of two different flavors with the different layers. Only problem was that we had cake leftover and had to eat it for breakfast the next few days - no wait, that's not a problem. That's a bonus!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

AMAZING wedding cake!!! Not only is this the best cake I've ever tasted, but Fiona also provided the exact vision of what I was looking for in a wedding cake!!! It was beautiful and all of my guests loved it! Highly recommend Fiona's cakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake and two sheet cakes that I added on were beyond amazing. My husband and I never considered the cake to be one of our priorities, but after our consultation with Fiona we knew we had chosen the right place. All three cakes - lemon cake with alternating raspberry and lemon flavors, chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, and amaretto cake with an amaretto icing - were beyond delicious. We gave Fiona our topper, a Princess Leia and Han Solo action figure to be put on top, and dark and light gray ribbon to place all around the three layers. I couldn't have imagined anything better. Fiona truly took everything we had asked for and made it better. I do not think I have ever had better tasting cake in my life. I would use Fiona again for any occasion and I truly recommend her for all weddings.

Mrs Schmidt
Recently Married

It is hard being an out-of-state Bride. Searching for vendors online and trusting everything on their websites....well I trusted Fiona and she made us an amazing cake! Fiona was extremely welcoming through emails and then when we finally met in person with her. She made the effort to explain to us that the cake is a reflection of the couple and that it was up to us on how it should be decorated-mind you i was with my parents at the time too, so lots of opinions. Fiona walked us through every step and, confirmed that she received payment each time we snail mailed her a check. She really goes above and beyond as a person and a vendor.

When I finally saw the cake in person, it was gorgeous. The ruffles on every other layer were perfect and matched my dress. We provided her two colors of ribbon for my husband's tiers and she decorated his beautifully. After a few hrs sitting out the cake was still moist. All the flavors of each layer were present in every bite. I would recommend Fiona to anyone. She hit it out of the park! We had every intention of taking our top tier home and saving it, but it was just too good. I never thought I'd ever have a tiramisu cake, but Fiona made it happen and it tasted like the real thing!!

Thank you Fiona, we'll be back next yr for an anniversary cake.

1 Review
Recently Married

Fiona's cakes are beyond amazing. I received her name from a family friend which ended up being a wonderful experience. Our wedding cake was beautiful and was a great focal point at our reception. Everyone raved about how moist and delicious the cake tasted. During cake tasting she had a great variety to choose from. She was organized and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend her cakes for any occasion.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious and beautiful! What else could you ask for? Fiona was so helpful and answered all of our questions. She gave great advice and worked with us throughout everything. The cake display was gorgeous! Thank you so much!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Fiona was a delight to work with! We met with Fiona for our initial consultation and booked her that same day. Since I already knew what look I wanted for the cake we were able to provide her with all of the details during the consultation. Fiona was very responsive to my questions leading up to our wedding day and she gave us exactly what we wanted in a wedding cake. Our guests loved the cake too! We had lots of wedding cake left over so I brought some in to work and my coworkers raved about the cake and it was a few days old (refrigerated of course)! Also, her prices are the best I have seen in the area. I strongly recommend Fiona's Cakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We first tried Fiona's cakes at a bridal show. They were absolutely fantastic, so we followed up with a tasting. We tasted about 8 different types of cake, and were were able to select two flavors for the wedding cake, with no extra cost. Our entire tasting party (bride, groom, bride's parents) were in complete agreement on the two we chose.The almond cake is unbelievable, and very different. And you can't beat chocolate! We didn't even visit any other vendors to taste cakes. The day of the wedding, the cake looked beautiful, and tasted fantastic. Very moist and the buttercream frosting was excellent. We received many compliments on it! Fiona is very easy to work with - I would absolutely recommend her. Also, her price was in line with or slightly below most of the other cake places we initially researched.

LJwedding14
08/02/2014

Fiona was amazing! I first tasted her cakes at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club Bridal Show...then booked her shortly thereafter. I loved her as a person and her cakes were delicious!! We had a wonderful time at our tasting and she was very flexible with design and we brought in our own personalized cake-topper and ribbon for the cake. The cake looked and tasted even better than we imagined. Our guests loved the cake and several weeks after the reception, we are still enjoying leftover cake, it is delicious even after the event! She was very organized with the details for pricing, # of guests, decoration deadlines, etc. Fiona also is very helpful when it comes to envisioning your cake. I had difficulty picturing different ribbon sizes on the cake and she actually showed me what it would like and provided her own suggestions. We are so glad we went with Fiona's, highly recommended!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Fiona was the ideal wedding vendor. From start to finish she was a dream to work with. From cake tasting, to responding to emails and questions right away to the actual cake come the wedding day everything was perfection.

She was wonderful at the tasting, because while I wasn't 100% sure on everything I wanted she had a way to ask the right questions and make the perfect recommendations. We had three different flavors and all were incredible. Guests told me all night long how it was the best wedding cake they ever had. We took home extras and had cake the next day gathering with family and not a piece was leftover.

The cake itself besides tasting amazing was also beautiful. My florist left flowers and she decorated it herself upon delivery. She made the frosting look exactly the way I wanted it to. She is incredible!

Price is great, and since she does not have a typical storefront bakery you avoid sales tax. I will definitely be recommending Fiona to all my friends and be using her in the future for anniversary cakes and such.

Anne
07/26/2014

We picked Fiona's Cakes right away as our wedding cake vendor! We attended a Bridal Event and could instantly tell that Fiona's cakes were the most delicious - and that was before we realized that her decorative touches were so beautiful and intricate! My daughter, the bride, is an artist, so of course she wanted each layer to have a distinct style and decor. Fiona assured us that was no problem - and the result was the most beautiful delicious wedding cake we've ever known! From the first meeting, Fiona was approachable and creative and willing to deliver exactly what we wanted. My husband enjoyed the cake testing experience and having input on the icing - he was right about the Italian Buttercream, yum! We all agreed on the Almond/Almond Brickle combo and all our guests commented on the fabulous wedding cake! Fiona is a treasure - she is professional and fun and you can tell she enjoys doing what she does so well. Our entire experience was personal and friendly and positive - we never had to worry about the wedding cake! We highly recommend Fiona's Cakes and we look forward to calling her again!

Recently Married

Fiona was wonderful. She brought my vision to life:) I had a 3 tier cake, with 2 being chocolate cake and one was carrot cake. The cake was delicious and the icing was a beautiful natural looking stucco style. It worked perfectly with my natural looking bird nest cake topper that I made and Fiona was flexible with. I would definitely recommend!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We definitely recommend Fiona's Cakes! It was very important to my husband and I to not just have a beautiful cake, but one that tasted good as well. Our cake was not only beautiful, but was absolutely delicious! Our flavors were red velvet and almond w/ raspberry filling, both which were amazing, but she has a wide variety of other flavors, fillings, and icing, so anybody could find something they like!

Fiona was wonderful to work with throughout the process as well! She was responsive, flexible, and thought of things we would have never known to ask about (preserving our top tier, providing "to-go" boxes for leftover cake, etc.).

Overall, a great experience and even better cake for our big day! She does not disappoint! :-)

Margo
1 Review
07/18/2014

Thank you so much for the delicious cake that you made for our recent wedding. It not only looked stunning, but tasted as good as it looked. We have kept the top tier for our 1 year anniversary, and I am looking forward to enjoying it all again. The addition of my Clan Ribbon helped make the cake more special to me after emigrating from Scotland recently. This is not the first time I have tasted your cakes, and I am sure it won't be the last. Thank you once again.