Finch On The Run Entertainment

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married
This review is currently being verified.
Nicki
12/13/2014

He did a great job!! He played everything we wanted and did awesome on keeping the dance floor full!!

Services Used: DJ

Brian and the Staff of Finch on the Run Entertainment provided an incredible experience for all of our race participants during the 2014 Mark A Hecker Staching Through the Snow 1 Mile/5K Memorial Run. Brian's energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to others helped me provide all race participants a once in a lifetime experience. Brian thank you for all you do, for all you've done, and we can't wait to work with you in 2015!

Services Used: DJ

Ok lets just start out with, Brian your the bomb!! I would never recommend anyone but Finch on the Run for a wedding DJ! We planned my sisters wedding in a month and Brian helped us by juggling his schedule so that he could come HIMSELF and help us out! I had a special maid of honor speech which he played my music to so that I could sing, he mixed my sisters and fathers dance so that they weren't just dancing to one song, and he even made the crowd die with laughter as he and my sister, the bride, played a huge prank on me, the maid of honor! He kept everyone entertained and I have never been to a wedding where the DJ did as great as Brian did. He is definitely #1 on my list for my wedding!

Services Used: DJ

Brian was great! He DJ'd our wedding in August 2014 in Albion, NE and was fantastic. He took requests from guests and kids before we arrived at the reception - even the LSU fight song. He was flexible to some last minute song changes (the Nebraska Tunnel Walk for our intro) and kept EVERYONE on the dance floor until the last call. He was great to work with! He joked with the bridal party and made everything so much fun. He even took on the role as MC so we didn't have to! Great music, great energy, just all around awesome!

Services Used: DJ

Brian just DJ'd my daughters wedding. He did a great job of keeping things going and everyone had a great time!

1+ year ago

Brian Finch did an amazing job entertaining the guests at our daughter's wedding. His professionalism to do business with was very much appreciated. His witty "sound effects" during the speeches was hilarious. I was cautious as my daughter and son-in-law lined up Brian Finch for their wedding. I had not heard of him nor spoken to him. I did talk to him on the wedding day as he called to verify some set-up issues and assure me he would be travelling to the reception, soon.

From the initial consultation, my daughter and son-in-law, to the clean-up after the reception went great. Brian was funny. His comments were appropriate to any age group. He had 300+ people laughing and dancing all night.

Brian kept the dance floor packed. Really appreciated the mix tape he created for the father / daughter dance from the input given by my daughter. Crowd loved our break-out from the traditional father daughter dance.

The only reason I rated him a 5.0 is because there wasn't a 6.0. I will recommend him to anyone interested in a DJ that provides a memorable experience.

Thanks Brian, hope we can get you in a couple years when my son gets married.

Bruce (proud father of the bride)

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer

Brian is the best! We received numerous compliments on our reception dj and recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Brian is so accommodating and was very willing to make a special father-daughter mix for us. He kept the dance floor packed until the end of the night.

Services Used: DJ

We had a wedding this weekend and had the BEST DJ ever, Brian Finch, makes it fun and will make everyone laugh and you just have a wonderful time. He interacts well with all the families and gets them involved together to help with the new transition. Music is great and he listens to the families on what they want and bends over backwards to be excellent, I would have him do any event that music was part of and would hire again ( which I did) you will never go wrong with Brian he is aces!!! Thank you Brian and crew for being so wonderful!! Tom S. (Father of the Bride)

Services Used: DJ

I attended a wedding DJ'd by Brian Finch October of 2012. I was blown away!!! We danced our butts off all night long. There was never a dull moment. I was engaged at the time and just knew I had to have that same experience at my reception. I talked to Brian that night and told him I was interested. I contacted him shortly thereafter and he offered to give me at GREAT discounted rate for booking through a friend. Very affordable DJ for what you get. I've been to many weddings where the music just sucks. Nobody is dancing and the DJ is just wandering around not paying any attention to the empty dance floor. Not Brian. We played the "shoe game" at our reception to get everyone loosened up. Guests loved it and got some great pics. I didn't have any communication problems with Brian. I know he is busy, and as a bride we get a little flustered. Have to remember that we aren't the only client. Cannot expect immediate responses. Brian spent about 45 minutes on the phone with my fiance and I discussing what we wanted and didn't want. He honored all our wishes and went above and beyond what I expected of him. This guy knows how to have a good time and get the crowd involved. I have had countless friends tell me how much fun our wedding dance was and ask about our DJ. Great service, great time, great company, great person. Thanks again Brian we will never forget how special our dance was!!!

Services Used: DJ

AMAZING!!!! Brian was incredible! I would recommend him to everyone! Everyone at the reception could not stop complimenting me on how wonderful he was doing! He was fun, flexible, entertaining and incredibly talented at what he does!! He truly made my night so unforgettable!!

2.1

Brian had booked with some friends of our and then changed DJ's on them at the last minute. When we met with him (which was hard to do because he has a hard time returning emails) we asked him point blank if he would be our DJ and he told us yes. On the Thursday night before my wedding I got a call from a different DJ telling me he was going to be at our wedding. So instead of having a nice dinner with my out of town family, I spend about 45 minutes with the new DJ going over what we had already gone over with Brian. I got no prior notice from Brian, although he did manage to send me a very quick email the next day, but I never did get a phone call from him explaining the situation. The new DJ did ok (although he called the groom the wrong name about 4 times), but it was totally unprofessional of Brian to ditch out at the last minute. I should have known when he did it first to my friend. If you want a responsible DJ who will not add to your stress level, Brian is not the one for you.

Finch On The Run Entertainment responded with the following comments:

We are certainly sorry to hear this for feedback. However, the statements made are not accurate. We reply to our emails, social media and phone communications promptly, even in the evening, or on a Sunday when we are closed or unavailable. It would be nice for you to contact us so we can discuss how to move forward and if there's a way to compensation or anything both parties can agree on to satisfy the client. Warm regards and congrats on your wedding!!!

1 person found this review helpful
0.0

If you are looking for a stress-free DJ service, do not book with FOTRE.

Why? Put simply: Brian does not deliver what he promises.

1)Brian was late to our planning meeting (by more than an hour), and had confirmed date/time/place via phone and an email message beforehand.

2) (as previous poster commented) Brian assured he would be the one doing our wedding at our planning meeting, but ended up emailing and switching people the day before our ceremony. I did not learn of this until mid-morning the day of when I called to confirm what time the DJ was setting up (because I hadn't heard from Brian since our meeting and was beginning to wonder if we would have a DJ at all).

3) The "replacement" DJ (who I suspect was actually a replacement for the replacement) did a terrible job. Period. My family had to take over 90% of his responsibilities. And, the DJ was texting all evening and had two ladies show up to my wedding asking for him...?).

4) After I informed Brian that I was dissatisfied, we agreed on compensation. Yet, more than 10 weeks later I am still awaiting my check -- even though I was promised it on several occasions -- via multiple methods (email, facebook message, etc).

And, I DO have emails and other messages to back up this review.

In fact, I submitted my story to the BBB. And at this point have given up hope on receiving any compensation at all.

Brian makes big promises. My review is a 0/0 because he didn't deliver on any of them.

Be leery when hiring FOTRE.

Finch On The Run Entertainment responded with the following comments:

We are certainly sorry to hear this for feedback. However, the statements made are not accurate. With this issue we even had to seek legal guidance from our corporate attorney which now he apparently ended as we have not heard any more on this situation. We are very sorry once again to hear this type of feedback and do not fully understand some of these comments as we've visited with the proper staff and their management also with guests from the event. Thank you again and we truly wish the best for your families and your journeys.

1 person found this review helpful

Finch on the Run entertainment was an amazing vendor at our wedding. We got lots of comments from our guests about how fun our reception was all thanks to Brian! The minutes flew by with lots of dancing and laughter. We had so much fun. Brian also DJ'ed our ceremony last minute and I can't thank him enough for that. He tried to help me stress less. I would recommend Finch on the Run to anyone!

Services Used: DJ

Brian was great to have at our wedding and made sure we got what we wanted from him. More than helpful and very entertaining. Would love to do business with him again in the future if the situation arises.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

We were privileged to have Brian Finch from Finch on the Run Entertainment to DJ our 2013 high school prom. Brian was friendly and helpful from the very first phone call. He was very conscious of what we expected as far as music, dress code and fun. He was friendly to staff, students and parents and worked to include them in on the festivities. At some dances by the end of the night the students are sitting waiting for it to be over, but this year they danced to the end. Brian had a nice mix of music and easily fit in requests. My kids and staff were very impressed with his work. One person commented that they could tell he had a passion for the job. I look forward to working with Brian again in the future!
Staci MacDonald