Fanfares Catering, Inc

Fanfares Catering, Inc

742 East 95th Street
Chicago, IL 60619 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeu...
Maximum capacity: 1000
Bar services: Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Al and his entire staff did a fantastic job catering our wedding reception. We were quite impressed with the fact that they paid close attention to every detail and was right on point. We had a wonderful time and our guest continue to rave about the wonderful time that they had. We can't thank Fanfare enough for making our event one to remember for years to come.

This catering company comes with high recommendations, the owner and staff really know how to make you feel special and they work hard to ensure that your event exceeds your expectations.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My new wife and I absolutely recommend Fanfares Catering and I'll tell you why.

1st, Thanks to Charisse and all the staff and the owners for their attention to detail and flexibility in what we asked for. I had my reservations because of some of the other experiences we had with other caterers and tastings, etc. and almost settled on another caterer due to time constraints. Then Fanfares stepped in with roughly a month before our reception day and prepared both an IN-HOME TASTING experience with food, linen and beverage options provided and edited our proposal on 2 or 3 occasions.

To add, they altered recipes in accordance to our very specific menu and provided some unexpected surprises for my wife and I. The price was very reasonable and actually tasted extremely better than all the other "big name" caterers we tried. Keep in mind, we had about 5 different tastings before we went with Fanfares.

Charisse was excellent! She is very down to earth and willing to work with you regarding your personal preferences. She is familiar with many venues including Promontory Point where we had our reception. They have done many events for high profile individuals and I can see why.

The day of the reception, my wife and I were some of the 1st to arrive because of traffic and a marathon that day. Fanfares, however, had already setup the outside and inside area and we walked in to a relief of joy. If I could post pictures, I would.

Everyone loved the food.
Everyone loved the table settings.
Everyone loved the staff and yes some of them can get down on the dance floor too!!!
The signature drinks were very refreshing and I heard that the passed hors d'oeuvres were some of the best guests have had.

If you are in the Chicago area and you are looking for a great experience for your event or great food in general (They do Bistro in a Bag weekly meals as well), checkout Fanfares and tell them that Ervin and Melissa sent you through wedding wire.

• Wedding: 08/24/2014
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fanfares catered my wedding with more than 145 guests and I was in complete amazement of how great they handled everything. The staff was a superb, the meals and hors d'oeuvres were delicious. The evening went over flawlessly and I cannot give them enough praise for making my special day truly special in all forms. Everyone complemented the menu and some said that it was some of the best food they had ever received from a catered event. GREAT JOB!!!!!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married 6 months ago, so I've waited way too long to write this, but Fanfares deserves a lot more great reviews than are here so I hope others will join in as well.

This is a great catering company in every way imaginable. They were flexible and kind about our budget and food selection from the first minute we worked with them all the way through our reception. We had a very set budget and also some specific food requests and they absolutely nailed it. They provided friendly service and our guests raved about the food. On top of it all, they are just great people. I would work with Charisse and Robert again no matter what they were selling. It just so happens they are selling great food and excellent catering service. I highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married at Promontory Point in May of 2013. Because Promontory Point is part of the Chicago Park District, we were limited to the list of caterers that were on that list. I wouldn't have thought I'd be saying this when I first started the planning process, but I'm really glad for that list. If it weren't for that list, I'm not sure I would have learned about Fanfares. We met with several caterers and found that Fanfares was the one that was most willing to work with our budget while still giving us delicious and elegant food. We weren't willing to compromise on the quality of food for our guests and Fanfares didn't make us have to do that.

Charisse and Robert are pros that understood our vision for our wedding. Renting Promontory Point means renting an empty room. Fanfares was able to transform it into a magical space filled with delicious food and friendly faces. Have I mentioned the delicious food yet?

The day of our wedding they were perfect. Just perfect. They were punctual, they did everything just as they said they would, they were friendly, and they made sure my husband and I ate that night! Everyone raved about the food of course and everyone commented on what a great job they did.

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I was recommended this caterer from the people at the Stan Mansion, where I had my extremely expensive wedding. They were horrible and the fact that they were going to serve my guests wine in a damn bear mug and didnt have REAL silverware, they gave them plastic silverware..still makes my skin crawl. NEVER EVER USE THEM..EVER

I wish I could take them to court but its been so long now why even bother.

• Wedding: 07/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fanfare was suggested to us by Stan Mansion. The food was absolutely phenomenal. The service and presentation was professional and on time. Fanfare took their time to help us custom design the menu to our theme. Everyone loved the food I'm still getting emails and phone calls about how good the food was.

• Wedding: 09/02/2011
773-568-4437
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire