Face the Occasion Makeup Artistry

Value
Flexibility
Christine
06/07/2015

I was so relieved to find Kelly.... she did a beautiful job while keeping us all true to ourselves. I had several disastrous trials with caked on make up etc. Not only did Kelly do a beautiful job, she is lovely to work with and is quick without making you feel rushed. Also, love the fact that she uses Bobbi Brown products. Highly recommend :)

Private User
Recently Married

I hired Darien from Face the Occasion for the make up service for my May 2015 wedding. She was extremely professional, and very fun and easy to work with. Darien came out to our home to perform the make up trials and then to the hotel on the day of the wedding. She did an amazing job of applying make up to my wedding party, who do not typically wear much make up. We all looked natural, just a better version of ourselves. I've already seen photos from the wedding and our make up was perfect - not too much or too little. I would highly recommend working with Darien and Face the Occasion for you wedding make up.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Kelly did my makeup for my wedding and was incredible to work with. I credit her with helping to make me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt! She came to my house for a 1.5 hour trial and during this time she truly listened to what I had to say in order to create my perfect look and play up my features in a natural way. On the day of the wedding, she was attentive, flexible and efficient with her time. She was also extremely calm and patient, and brought a wonderful energy to the bridal suite. I would absolutely recommend Kelly and Face the Occasion to any bride!

Lauren
11/08/2014

Jill was an incredible makeup artist with patience, skill, and an amazing ability to take one picture and create a work of art! Jill completed various makeup trials from her home for my mom, my sister, and for me. She was incredibly patient as we changed our minds and worried about covering up blemishes. On the day of, she matched the energy of our day and was able to complete just the looks all the girls were looking for. My makeup was amazing and truly made me feel like the bride rather than just another attendee. I would certainly recommend Face the Occasion for anyone looking for a makeup artist, without a doubt!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Kelly is absolutely amazing! As soon as I finished my trial appointment with her, I knew I made the right decision booking her. Since I had never had my makeup done professionally before, I was really nervous about having it done for my wedding day. Fortunately Kelly was really attentive and took the time to listen to all of my concerns. She was really responsive to all of my emails and always was prompt in responding.

On the day of my wedding, I absolutely loved my makeup! My skin looked flawless and I felt beautiful. I didn't look like I was wearing a ton of makeup either--it just looked natural and was exactly what I wanted. It also stayed put all night through all of the tears and dancing! Kelly also did my sister's makeup which looked amazing.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Kelly again and have already recommended her to my friend who is planning her wedding!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Kelly did my makeup and the makeup of my two bridesmaids and mom. I was SO happy with the results all around! At the trial, she listened to what kind of look I wanted (I'm a makeup fiend, so I had some ideas, haha) and she created something that was SO beyond what I could have done myself, at that moment I was grateful that I hired a professional. It was glamorous without being overdone. Kelly flawlessly contoured my eyelids using some warm khaki shades (she even showed me her technique), applied a strip of black liner, and added some false lashes, and I loved the result. In terms of foundation, blush, and lips, she recommended some great products and shades that I ended up purchasing and am still using on myself on a near daily basis. On the day of my wedding, my makeup lasted all day long, and though I brought stuff to touch up, I hardly needed to touch my face, except to redo my lips. The other ladies in my party reported the same. Getting ready for my wedding there was a bit of a time crunch when it came time to do my makeup, but Kelly worked quickly and it still came out exactly like it had in my trial. She is an absolute pleasure to be around, and I would use her again in a heartbeat! I can't wait to get my wedding pictures to see how it looks!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Face the Occasion provided makeup services for my June 2014 wedding. From the beginning, Kelly was wonderful to work with. She was quick in her response time, and was very helpful in answering my many questions! She was extremely professional, and very fun and easy to work with. Everyone in the bridal party loved their makeup! For me personally, I was worried that my makeup would look overdone or out of place on me, since I don't typically wear a lot. Kelly did a fantastic job of making me look my best, while still natural and like myself.

Kelly, thank you!
Katie Hoge (Campbell)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Kelly is the absolute best. I have never looked better. She knows exactly what you want and never makes you look too made up. I wish I could have her around every day!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Darien did such an incredible job on the make up for my wedding. I loved how it looked on me, and on my bridesmaids and the moms and grandma! Her timing estimates for the day were perfect, pricing reasonable, and my make up got tons of compliments and stayed in place all night. Thank you Darien! I can't wait to come up with a reason to have you do my make up again :)

No running makeup!

I danced and sweated for several hours in a warm ballroom and still looked as crisp as I did when I got my makeup on that morning. Jill did a wonderful job on me and my wedding party. She was warm and friendly with my makeup-shy mama, and worked quickly to make sure we were done with plenty of time to spare.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Darien Wildstein was an absolute gem! My make up was so natural, I just look like a slightly enhanced, more formal version of myself. I would recommend her and Face the Occasion to anyone!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Jill was absolutely amazing! She made us all look so beautiful. One of the top five BEST wedding decisions was definitely booking with Face the Occasion Makeup Artistry. I did A LOT of research before I booked, and I can honestly say that based on quality and price- Jill's team is a definite! I highly recommend. If you book a trial, you WILL choose them for your big day!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I was told I shouldnt skimp on my hair and makeup, and so I searched for makeup artists that were rated 5 stars. Face the Occasion (FTO), rated five stars and let me tell you, they deserved this and more!

I was fortunate to have Kelly (one of the founders) as my artist for my day of services. She was absolutely talented, but reasonable with prices. She did makeup for myself, 2 bridesmaids, my junior bridesmaid, my aunt and my mom and it was all just under $400. Everyone loved how they looked.

Being the bride, I had a trial with her. Our wedding was held in the Philly area, but I lived in Central Jersey. We corresponded via email on where the best place for me is to have the trial. She was so flexible that she even asked her mother-in-law for us to have the trial at their house! Thanks Kelly!

On the day of the wedding, Kelly brought her notes on what we did on the trial. I originally wanted a very natural look, but when one of my bridesmaids suggested for the photographer to take a picture of me with makeup on, I decided that I wanted more color. Kelly was totally ok with that, and she was happy enough to cater to the changes I had requested. I am very happy with the results, everyone kept telling me how great I looked, haha!

Kelly lives up to FTO's Five star rating. I absolutely recommend, and if you can, ask for Kelly :)

Private User
1+ year ago

Face the Occasion did a beautiful job for my wedding - all my bridesmaids, the moms, and even me looked amazing. They showed up early - set up and had us all looking fabulous in no time. Great vendor - so nice, and so amazing to work with :)

Amy
05/03/2013

I had talked with a few make-up artists who had an additional fee for just booking the appointment (not a deposit to be applied to the balance, but an additional fee). I found this to be highly unethical, so I was very picky about my choices. I was very happy with Face the Occasion. I originally spoke with Kelly, who was very nice and flexible. She then told me that Jill was going to be available on my date. Jill was fantastic! She was very accommodating with my maid of honor who wanted a specific look. She made us both look beautiful! :-) Even friends from work who saw pictures noted how amazing my make-up looked. And it was fun talking about our Bay Area connections.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Darien and Kelly were our make-up artists for our wedding. They were fantastic! Prompt, professional and so much fun to be with! A few bridal party members were worried about looking too "overdone", but Darien and Kelly made us all look like better versions of ourselves! Their wedding application was very natural and stayed on all day and night. And Darien works magic with false eyelashes! I would highly recommend them to anyone!