Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Since 1992. Gimmick free, DJ Music custom suited to you and your guests.

10 E.39th St
Suite 1126
New York, NY 10016 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Classic Rock, Cla...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Dave was absolutely amazing!!!! WE had such an amazing wedding and so much of it was due to the music. We danced so much and all of our guests had a great time. DJ Dave was able to feel the crowd and know exactly what to play. I am still getting compliments about the music. He was so easy to work with and an absolute pleasure to have at our wedding.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014

DJ Dan was fantastic!
He spoke to my husband and I prior to the ceremony not once but twice so we could chat about the music we wanted played and how the night would flow. He was open to having music sent to him so he could incorporate special songs into the evening.
Most importanty he kept everyone dancing all night long.
I would highly recommend as he's incredibly professional and easy to work with!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Dan was excellent. He responded to emails promptly and made sure that we had the music that we wanted for our wedding. He was easygoing and flexible and had our guests on the dance floor all night dancing to our favorite tunes. I would highly recommend him for your wedding day!!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Expressway Music was one of the first vendors I booked 1 year before my wedding ; the music at our wedding I have to say was probably one of the most important factors for us ... being that my husband and I love to dance and have fun we didn't want long dinner breaks and slow music to kill the mood . All we wanted for our wedding night was for everyone to dance the night away and I have to say our wish came true. From the second we were announced to the last song no body left the dance floor ! David a variety of music from 50's,60's,70's ,80's,90's and today ; I watched how when each song was played my guests went nuts with excitement especially when hearing ones they haven't heard in years!!!
David I can't thank you enough for such an amazing night. You went above and beyond to make Justin and I happy and I can honestly say we had the best night of our lives! Our guest are still raving about the music ... you were everything I was praying for in a DJ ; cool , calm and collective :) ( and I know I probably over whelmed up with 7 sheets of music hahaha ) You played everything I asked and threw in songs that I didn't even think of that I loved ! You never took a break and had everyone on the dance floor with smiles on their face! If I asked you to play a song with out hesitation it was played ! The Music was very important to both of us as you know and you nailed it!! From the first day I spoke with you on the phone 1 year ago I knew that we would click :) We cant wait to use you in the near future :) Maybe our 1 yr anniversary party LOL. Justin and I would recommend Expressway DJ's to everyone that is looking to have the time of their lives !!!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
Alexandra
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding we were always suspicious about vendors rated 5 out of 5 stars. But we give David 5 starts because that's what he and his company deserved.

We found Expressway Music through Weddingwire and Yelp. He had decent reviews so we decided to schedule an interview with him. From our first meeting until end end of our reception, David and his team were very professional, helpful, flexible and friendly which is quite a rare combination. He asked us questions about the format of our wedding, what kind of music we like and explained us what he thinks would be the best mix of music for us. We knew that he was going to customize the playlist based on our taste but also add something from his experience which worked perfect at the end.

His office staff are very professional and made sure that the administrative side of this was handled very quickly and easily. Following the first meeting, we were never pressured to make a quick decision -- they did not act like salesman -- they looked like a group of professionals who like what they do. A few weeks before the wedding, they sent us a few online questionnaires on the event details and our music preferences which we submitted and discussed with David in the final meeting. This hole process didn't take more than a few hours of our time and at each stage David and his team were very helpful and professional.

David did a spectacular job at the wedding. We picked 10 must-play songs and let David choose the rest for us. He read the crowd so well and made sure the dancing did not stop all night. We are very happy with the choice we made and strongly recommend David and Expressway Music for everyone!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave was the DJ at my wedding last week and he (and Expressway Music) are absolutely wonderful! They are reliable, professional, responsive, helpful and extremely talented. During our first meeting Dave asked us about our vision, took detailed notes and really listed to what we wanted.

A great example of Dave’s expertise is when we had our final meeting we told him that we wanted a short first dance and asked him to cut the song short (Cant Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli & The Four Season). He suggested that we play the whole song because its such a great song with a great chorus and people would look forward to it. We told him that we trusted his opinion (but I was still a little nervous). Understanding that we were uncomfortable being the center of attention for a long period of time he had the crowd join in singing the chorus and it was a huge hit. He then invited the rest of the guest to join us on the dance floor. It was the perfect transition without taking anything away from our first dance or the song.

Multiple times during the wedding people told us how great the music was and how amazing it was that Dave was able to keep the partying going on all night (we had non-stop dancing for 4 hours). We highly recommend Dave and hope we have an opportunity to work with him again.

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David and his team were great to work with for our March 2014 wedding. Our wedding guests loved the music David played (as did the bride and groom!) and danced the night away! Additionally David and his team were extremely responsive and professional in all of our dealings w/ them. 100% recommend!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We met them at a friends wedding and they really took over the show!

David was/is a TRUE gentlemen, a classy DJ and really LISTENS to his clients. Whatever we asked them to play was played and whatever we asked them to exclude was excluded (despite the fact that some of guests cannot take no for an answer, LOL!)

Many thanks and I will be sure to recommend you guys to all upcoming friends and family events.

Thanks!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014

Would recommend him 100%
He was professional yet so very friendly, his knowledge of music is vast and he really was able to work the crowd to where the dance floor was never empty... We loved him and we were thrilled with his work, one of our best wedding memories is the music and David!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

we can't say enough good things about Expressway Music and especially - DJ Alberto. From the beginnong of the process to the wedding day, he/they were so great. Charissa and Alberto made the process very easy and they were extremely responsive and accomodating. But on the wedding day, Alberto was just so awesome. Always calm, cool and collected...but more importantly, he was so patient, flexibile and really great to work with. He is CLEARLY knowledgeable about wedding flow and what works/what doesn't, but he also was so awesome about staying later as needed and ensuring we were happy. He extended his hours on the spot because people were having so much fun and never sacrificed quality. The guy is top notch - i can't say enough good things. You would be well-served to hire him.

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David was the DJ at our wedding and he was fantastic. The fact that he had all of our guests packed on the dance floor during the entire wedding says it all (and this includes our parents and elderly relatives from Korea!) and shows that he is really able to read the audience. Our guests didn't want to stop dancing and got the venue to play 3 songs after our end time. We got so many compliments on the great music and fun wedding and clearly this is all due to David. He also MC'ed and has an amazing voice (listen to his podcast when you have a chance).

David was helpful in providing music suggestions and in the end, we gave him musical license to play whatever he thought was appropriate to keep the guests dancing, which worked out perfectly.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used DJ David Swirsky for our wedding yesterday. He did an AMAZING job. A lot of guests were telling me how great the dj was. People danced the most of the time, including me!
Good music+ people dancing = one happy bride :)
Highly recommend!!

• Wedding: 10/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Worked with Expressway for our wedding. Dan Kingman was our DJ. I highly, highly recommend them. My wife and I are very detail oriented, and had a lot of ideas about how we wanted each piece of the wedding to play out. Expressway and Dan worked with us every step of the way. We wanted to use nice oldies background music for the cocktail hour and Dan accommodated. We had a song play when I came out for the bedeken, and it came on at just the right time. We had several songs in the processional set to play for different family members and again Dan navigated that seamlessly, which really added to the vibe of the entire ceremony. During the reception he played our first song right on cue as well. Dan's real talents came out during the reception. We gave him a must-play list about 12 songs long, together with Israeli music off of a jump drive. He played everything we requested and gave him but also used that information to weave in other music he thought we would like, and we did love all of it. He was a master at reading the crowd and knowing when to keep the volume on a little lower and when to blast the sound. He kept people dancing all night and every time the music shifted, people had a smile on their face that basically said "oh wow, this is a great song to play right now." That really was the ultimate test for me - the fact that people were up on their feet through the evening and our Rabbi yelled "one more song" at the end, which of course Dan obliged even though we had already gone over the official ending time by a few minutes. Dan was also a genuinely nice, chatty guy who was ready to accommodate any changes to our plans or to toss in something new on the fly. Really recommend Expressway and Dan in particular.

• Wedding: 10/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ and all our guests had an absolute blast at our wedding thanks in large part to the awesome music that he played throughout the night. Dave was a pleasure from the moment we stepped into his office months before our wedding to discuss our vision with him, and he brought a level of professionalism and sincerity that no other DJ we met matched. He was more than willing to go the extra mile in terms of playing whatever music we wanted at our wedding, and varied it up enough so that both older and younger guests felt welcome on the dance floor. We had so many compliments at the end of the night about our DJ, and I couldn't recommend him highly enough.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David was amazing! My husband and I were so happy with the music he played and the way he read the crowd. When trying to pick music, we weren't really sure what we wanted. We just gave a few suggestions to David and from there he totally got the vibe we were going for. He was able to accomodate the needs of our venue (with a very quick set-up) and he had guests from all generations out on the dance floor the whole evening. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were absolutely thrilled with the great music provided by Expressway. Everyone at our wedding raved about the music--the deejay kept all of us. dancing all our night long. He created a fun, lively atmosphere, and was so warm, flexible, and easy to work with. We couldn't have been happier!

• Wedding: 08/18/2013
212-953-9367
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards