Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Dave was absolutely outstanding!! He read the crowd, he listed to my suggestions and he planned the night to perfection!! I loved working with him and his team, they made my wedding the most incredible day of my life and my friends cant stop talking about how amazing the night was and what a fantastic party!!!! Thank you Dave!!!

Services Used: DJ

We had an amazing time at our wedding. The DJ David and his assistant did an incredible job coordinating everything from the ceremony music to the party after. David can definitely get a party started right! Charissa who I spoke to on the phone was very caring and efficient. I would highly recommend this DJ and company.

Private User
Recently Married

Dave Swirsky is amazing! We received countless comments about how amazing our DJ was - not just his music choices and amazing cues, but his personality. Our venue was classic and sophisticated and he didn't try to make it into a downtown nightclub. He knew how to go with it and still make it incredibly fun for our guests. Several people asked for his info after to book him for future events. I can't wait to book Dave again for another event - he was amazing! So easy to work with, so flexible and just warm and genuine.

Services Used: DJ

Not a lot of people get to say that they had the perfect wedding... but honestly, we did. Everything was just right. Things ran so smoothly, from our introductions, first dances, big moments, and even the subtle background music setting exactly the tone we envisioned for our big night. We owe it all to Expressway Music! Every request we asked for was accommodated, and things we didn't even think of (like additional lighting) was brought to the table, without being "pushed on us" like some of the other guys out there. They had an online form that was easy to fill out that would say exactly what we wanted and even had a library of songs to choose from to help score the evening, and they were able to get any song we wanted. They really understood how to get the perfect balance of music that everyone could enjoy in 2014. They knew every detail of the event that was happening and they literally didn't miss a beat. Their professionalism every step of the way was only exceeded by the way they treated us like family. A+++++++ from a very happy couple. You are in great hands with Expressway Music.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Dave was absolutely amazing!!!! WE had such an amazing wedding and so much of it was due to the music. We danced so much and all of our guests had a great time. DJ Dave was able to feel the crowd and know exactly what to play. I am still getting compliments about the music. He was so easy to work with and an absolute pleasure to have at our wedding.

Private User
Recently Married

DJ Dan was fantastic!
He spoke to my husband and I prior to the ceremony not once but twice so we could chat about the music we wanted played and how the night would flow. He was open to having music sent to him so he could incorporate special songs into the evening.
Most importanty he kept everyone dancing all night long.
I would highly recommend as he's incredibly professional and easy to work with!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Dan was excellent. He responded to emails promptly and made sure that we had the music that we wanted for our wedding. He was easygoing and flexible and had our guests on the dance floor all night dancing to our favorite tunes. I would highly recommend him for your wedding day!!

Kate
07/26/2014

David was a delight to work with. He was always full of good cheer, and was extremely attuned to what we were looking for, even though we only had a vague sense of what we wanted (more accurately, we had a strong sense of what we didn't want). For every thought we had, he was able to come back with several different ideas and themes, almost all of which fit the mood we were going for. And on the day itself, he absolutely delivered- he was also gracious and flexible about staying an extra half hour. We had never been to a wedding where the crowd was so eager and happy to dance, and it felt even better that this was happening at OUR wedding, so we cannot thank David enough for making our special day so entertaining.

Services Used: DJ

David was an amazing DJ! We wanted someone to provide our wedding with a fun soundtrack without all of the DJ hype and with David, we got just that. All communication with Expressway Music was so easy, professional and most importantly stress free. I would highly recommend them!

Alexandra
06/14/2014

Expressway Music was one of the first vendors I booked 1 year before my wedding ; the music at our wedding I have to say was probably one of the most important factors for us ... being that my husband and I love to dance and have fun we didn't want long dinner breaks and slow music to kill the mood . All we wanted for our wedding night was for everyone to dance the night away and I have to say our wish came true. From the second we were announced to the last song no body left the dance floor ! David a variety of music from 50's,60's,70's ,80's,90's and today ; I watched how when each song was played my guests went nuts with excitement especially when hearing ones they haven't heard in years!!!
David I can't thank you enough for such an amazing night. You went above and beyond to make Justin and I happy and I can honestly say we had the best night of our lives! Our guest are still raving about the music ... you were everything I was praying for in a DJ ; cool , calm and collective :) ( and I know I probably over whelmed up with 7 sheets of music hahaha ) You played everything I asked and threw in songs that I didn't even think of that I loved ! You never took a break and had everyone on the dance floor with smiles on their face! If I asked you to play a song with out hesitation it was played ! The Music was very important to both of us as you know and you nailed it!! From the first day I spoke with you on the phone 1 year ago I knew that we would click :) We cant wait to use you in the near future :) Maybe our 1 yr anniversary party LOL. Justin and I would recommend Expressway DJ's to everyone that is looking to have the time of their lives !!!

Services Used: DJ

When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding we were always suspicious about vendors rated 5 out of 5 stars. But we give David 5 starts because that's what he and his company deserved.

We found Expressway Music through Weddingwire and Yelp. He had decent reviews so we decided to schedule an interview with him. From our first meeting until end end of our reception, David and his team were very professional, helpful, flexible and friendly which is quite a rare combination. He asked us questions about the format of our wedding, what kind of music we like and explained us what he thinks would be the best mix of music for us. We knew that he was going to customize the playlist based on our taste but also add something from his experience which worked perfect at the end.

His office staff are very professional and made sure that the administrative side of this was handled very quickly and easily. Following the first meeting, we were never pressured to make a quick decision -- they did not act like salesman -- they looked like a group of professionals who like what they do. A few weeks before the wedding, they sent us a few online questionnaires on the event details and our music preferences which we submitted and discussed with David in the final meeting. This hole process didn't take more than a few hours of our time and at each stage David and his team were very helpful and professional.

David did a spectacular job at the wedding. We picked 10 must-play songs and let David choose the rest for us. He read the crowd so well and made sure the dancing did not stop all night. We are very happy with the choice we made and strongly recommend David and Expressway Music for everyone!

Services Used: DJ

Dave was the DJ at my wedding last week and he (and Expressway Music) are absolutely wonderful! They are reliable, professional, responsive, helpful and extremely talented. During our first meeting Dave asked us about our vision, took detailed notes and really listed to what we wanted.

A great example of Dave’s expertise is when we had our final meeting we told him that we wanted a short first dance and asked him to cut the song short (Cant Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli & The Four Season). He suggested that we play the whole song because its such a great song with a great chorus and people would look forward to it. We told him that we trusted his opinion (but I was still a little nervous). Understanding that we were uncomfortable being the center of attention for a long period of time he had the crowd join in singing the chorus and it was a huge hit. He then invited the rest of the guest to join us on the dance floor. It was the perfect transition without taking anything away from our first dance or the song.

Multiple times during the wedding people told us how great the music was and how amazing it was that Dave was able to keep the partying going on all night (we had non-stop dancing for 4 hours). We highly recommend Dave and hope we have an opportunity to work with him again.

Services Used: DJ

David and his team were great to work with for our March 2014 wedding. Our wedding guests loved the music David played (as did the bride and groom!) and danced the night away! Additionally David and his team were extremely responsive and professional in all of our dealings w/ them. 100% recommend!

Services Used: DJ

We met them at a friends wedding and they really took over the show!

David was/is a TRUE gentlemen, a classy DJ and really LISTENS to his clients. Whatever we asked them to play was played and whatever we asked them to exclude was excluded (despite the fact that some of guests cannot take no for an answer, LOL!)

Many thanks and I will be sure to recommend you guys to all upcoming friends and family events.

Thanks!

Would recommend him 100%
He was professional yet so very friendly, his knowledge of music is vast and he really was able to work the crowd to where the dance floor was never empty... We loved him and we were thrilled with his work, one of our best wedding memories is the music and David!

Services Used: DJ

we can't say enough good things about Expressway Music and especially - DJ Alberto. From the beginnong of the process to the wedding day, he/they were so great. Charissa and Alberto made the process very easy and they were extremely responsive and accomodating. But on the wedding day, Alberto was just so awesome. Always calm, cool and collected...but more importantly, he was so patient, flexibile and really great to work with. He is CLEARLY knowledgeable about wedding flow and what works/what doesn't, but he also was so awesome about staying later as needed and ensuring we were happy. He extended his hours on the spot because people were having so much fun and never sacrificed quality. The guy is top notch - i can't say enough good things. You would be well-served to hire him.