Events at Independence Grove

Flexibility
4.7
Jamie
03/28/2015

We had our wedding at Independence Grove on March 28th 2015. Everything was beyond perfect we couldn't have asked for anything more! My aunt married us and she has never done anything like that and Alyson was awesome helping us coordinate everything and making sure things went perfectly! If there was any problems through out the night we were never aware because she was making sure everything was under control and everyone was where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there. We had 7 groomsmen and 7 bridesmaids so that's a lot of people to keep track of! When we have kids and they get bar or bat mitzvah'd we will 100% use this venue for that event!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Events at Independence Grove is beautiful and Alyson Vondruska is extremely helpful throughout the entire process. They are very accommodating, flexible, and really help to reduce the amount of stress the bride and groom have! We would highly recommend this venue for everyone looking for a romantic, cozy, and beautiful location to hold their ceremony and reception!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Emily
12/27/2014

We were extremely happy with the way our wedding reception turned out. Many of our guests made sure to tell us that our wedding was definitely one of the best they've ever attended.
After going to another wedding this past weekend, we reminded of how exceptional the service was, how professional the staff was, how beautiful the venue was, how delicious the food was and how perfect the most memorable evening of our lives came to be. Most of all, we were reminded of how lucky we were to have our wonderful Alyson Vondruska at the helm. It was perfect. Beyond perfect. Even to this day our guests are still raving.
Having worked in the industry, we have high expectations when it comes to events and the way Food and Beverage programs are run. You met and exceeded all of them.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Kimberly
12/27/2014

Our daughters wedding couldn't have been better. The food was hands down one of the best of all weddings I've been too. Our service was superb. the staff was professional and the service exceeded any expectation. I wanted it to last all night it was so great.

Recently Married

Alyson was amazing. She was so responsive and made the day so effortless and stress free. The quality of the food and decor was worth more than we paid. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for the best bang for your buck.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I considered getting a wedding planner, or at least a day-of planner. But when I met Allyson at Independence Grove, I knew I wouldn't need one. Allyson makes planning your reception a breeze. If you work with Allyson, she will make life easier by thinking of everything and letting you enjoy your day. I had no last minute surprises for my wedding reception, because Allyson had communicated with all the vendors and she most likely just took care of business behind the scenes! Other than saying yes to my husband, choosing Independence Grove was the best decision I made. I absolutely loved the beautiful reception I had at Independence Grove--its beautiful without being fussy (I really didn't want a traditional ballroom). The food was amazing (my coworkers said it was the best "wedding food" they had ever had), and I was happy that we had so many choices within our budget. The service was fantastic, and everyone I worked with was very professional. Thank you Allyson and your wonderful, professional staff!

Recently Married

We cannot thank our coordinator Alyson enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. I grew up in Libertyville so getting married at Independence Grove carried special significance for me and my family. Our ceremony/cocktail hour was on the North Patio and the reception was inside the Audobon Hall. The floor to ceiling windows permitted lovely views of the lake and the votive candles lining the windows lent a romantic, intimate feel. My husband and I were able to sneak out of the reception at sunset to take extra pictures along the waterfront.

Honestly, planning this wedding could not have been easier for us (although I'm sure Alyson and her staff worked their butts off!!) Because catering was on-site we only had to worry about contacting vendors for flowers, photography and music. We were happy to use local vendors suggested by IG and were thrilled with the results. Alyson was a fantastic coordinator. She always responded to our questions and requests in a timely manner and her sensible advice/suggestions were much appreciated. We hired her to run things the day of the ceremony as well and everything went perfectly. None of us spent a single minute worrying about details or logistics because Alyson took care of everything. And I have to mention the food at IG - our guests are still raving about the dinner and over-the-top dessert buffet! I'm happy to give IG a 5 star rating - we could not have asked for a better experience both in the planning stages and day of.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

First and foremost, what can I say about Alyson? Alyson is simply amazing. I have never seen a person work so hard and with such passion. She was always available for questions or advice, and her positive energy is contagious. Alyson fought for us as if we were her own children, making sure everything was as perfect as we dreamed it would be. The venue was beautiful. We used the Native Garden and Audubon Hall. Our personal waiter was flawless. The food was incredible. They went above and beyond to specialize an ethnic dish for us. My husband and I talk about our wedding all the time. And we are still getting compliments on the regular about our big day. We just got one yesterday! We've been married almost 6 months. Can we renew our vows yet??

Recently Married

Alyson picked up our event weeks before the day and was a dream. We were shocked and concerned when we found out that our coordinator was leaving. She was amazing and after all we were relieved that we had her.

Recently Married

Alyson from Independence Grove was more than helpful, she really helped with every aspect of the planning process and we were not disappointed with the final product. I highly recommend using these services again.

Recently Married

Alyson Vondruska was the coordinator for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding, I cannot say enough about the very professional and caring way that she dealt with every detail of the event. She went out of her way to make sure that she understood exactly what my daughter wanted and then saw to it that every detail was covered. We were especially grateful for her sensitivity and responsiveness to making special accommodations for several aging grandparents in the group. They were looked after with special care which made the event more enjoyable for them as well as easing our responsibilities on the day of the event. As for the venue--it was lovely! We enjoyed a lovely outdoor cocktail hour with the lake and sunset in the background. The food was excellent! We had many compliments from our guests about all the courses. Our guests with dietary restrictions were very pleased with their special meals. Thank you, thank you, to Alyson and the whole Events at IG staff. I would highly recommend them to my friends.

Kathy
07/27/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better place for my daughter's wedding. My family is still talking about the venue and the food. A five star experience.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Independence Grove is an outstanding wedding venue!!!

I grew up in Libertyville, IL and visited IG all the time to take in the beauty and go for walks and bike rides, so when it came to picking a wedding venue IG was the only choice! We had our ceremony in the Native Garden, cocktail hour on the veranda, and reception inside Audubon Hall.

From the first meeting at IG with Stewart and Dan we were immediately blown away at their professionalism and what the venue had the offer. IG is highly sought after and you can tell why, from the stunning views, to outstanding catering, to the wonderful staff, IG puts on a fabulous event!!

Leading up to the wedding Dan was always available by email providing monthly updates and checking in. He truly took care of you from start to finish ensuring you received all of your wishes for your wedding day! On the actual wedding day we hired him as our coordinator and he made me feel at ease as he took care of everything from the rehearsal, to setting up the venue with my decor, to keeping us on time and even checking the food as it came out of the kitchen!

IG is truly a spectacular wedding venue, they created the classic and elegant wedding we were hoping for and I would HIGHLY recommend Independence Grove for your wedding!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Recently Married

Independence Grove was lively. Food was fantastic, and the service was amazing!

Recently Married

I had never heard of Independence Grove before planning my daughter’s wedding. What a treasure! The grounds are just beautiful. A superb setting for a wedding! Allyson was wonderful to work with. She went above and beyond to make this a memorable day from the rehearsal to the last dance! She has a remarkable eye for details. Every girl has a picture of their perfect wedding and Allyson worked with us to make it happen for my daughter. She really knows her stuff! The entire event was perfect. The food was so delicious and plentiful, the atmosphere was spectacular, the room bathed in the glow of candlelight and the sunset…wow! The staff was so accommodating! So many of our guests commented on the food and the grounds. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Thank you for making this my daughter’s perfect wedding

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Independence Grove is one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen and my now husband and I were blessed enough to have our wedding reception here. Everything was perfect from the beginning when we booked the venue all the way to the end of the reception. It was great working with Dan. He knows his stuff and isn't afraid to give his opinion which was very helpful and appreciated. He went above and beyond for us and with that he definitely made our reception unforgettable. The food was delicious and we are still getting compliments on it. When the room is decorated, its breathtaking. We had no complaints, it was the best day of our lives.