Events at Independence Grove

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

We had our wedding reception at Independence Grove on July 17th, 2015 and it was amazing! Everything was beautiful and Steven and his staff worked very hard to meet all of our needs. The reception ran smoothly and anything we asked to done they took care of quickly and exactly to our specifications. The bartenders and wait staff were amazing and attentive all night long! Every single guest raved about the food from the hors d'oeuvres to the entree. The quality was spectacular and the options were unique and delicious! Leading up to the wedding Steven was extremely attentive and very flexible when it came to last minute changes. We would recommend this venue to anyone for any event and want to thank Events at Independence Grove for an amazing experience! - Lauren & Kevin

Lisa
06/28/2015

Independence Grove was the perfect venue for our wedding and reception. The outdoor garden setting for the wedding was beautiful. Steven and his team were phenomenal. He was extremely organized, knowledgeable and flexible. I was confident with him leading the project that I no detail would be missed. With him overseeing the services at Independence Grove I didn't feel the need for a wedding planner and we pulled together our wedding in under 5 months. The food was incredible. Many of my guests including two that are in the food service industry said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. The choices were extensive. Everyone loved the appetizers, main course, and passed desserts. We are so happy with our choice of venue it was beautiful, elegant, and the perfect choice for us! If you choose Independence Grove you will not be disappointed!

Recently Married

I have heard non-stop, amazing reviews from all of my guests! The staff at Events was PHENOMENAL! They were always close by, ready to answer a question, direct a guest, or help out. The food was delicious, the room was gorgeous, and the people were beyond helpful. We worked with Steven, and he seemed to always be available! If not by phone, by e-mail. His responses were extremely prompt and helpful, and when he felt there may be further explanation needed he always took the time to make a phone call. Also, being that my husband and I were paying for our own wedding, we greatly appreciated Steven's consciousness about our budget. We came in almost exactly at our minimum, and Steven worked with us the whole way to make sure we were able to have everything we wanted and could stay within our budget.

Our day was absolutely perfect, and that was accentuated with the professional, friendly, amazing services provided by Events at Independence Grove!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Terri
05/16/2015

Alyson was very helpful in planning my daughter's wedding. Independence Grove is an absolute beautiful facility to accommodate a wedding. Alyson was very responsive to all of our requests via e-mail and/or telephone. I would highly recommend Alyson and Independence Grove to others.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Dan
05/09/2015

Independence Grove was the absolute perfect place to have our wedding! My wife wanted a place that had a "nature" atmosphere and IG was absolutely beautiful with the lake and all the trees surrounding the hall. Inside couldn't have been nicer with all the windows, candles, and indoor fireplace. The outdoor patio was also amazing with an outdoor fireplace and plenty of space for people to congregate and take in all the beautiful scenery.

As for the event coordinator. Alyson Vondruska was an absolute pleasure to work with! I can't possibly describe how nice our experience was with her. She was very prompt with communication and answering all of our questions. There is so much planning involved with a wedding and she was with us every step of the way to make us feel comfortable and all be on the same page. She was even there the night of to ensure everything went smoothly. Again, I couldn't speak more highly of her!

Now for the main event.. I have never received more compliments on how perfect our wedding was! Every guest there that night said that we had the BEST FOOD EVER! All the cooking is done in house, so food doesn't come out in heated cart like I've seen at other places. All meat was cooked to a perfect medium rare, presentation was perfect, and the tastes were simply incredible. The late night "taco bar" simply topped off the perfect night of food!

The service from the staff was top notch! They paid careful attention to my "dietary needs" guests and ensured that they received the appropriate meal. They always had a smile on their face and were just very courteous to everyone!

Typically there is always some "hiccup" during one's wedding. I can honestly say that our experience with Events at Independence Grove was flawless from start to finish! I really wish I could experience the entire night again! I cannot recommend IG enough!

Marcia
05/09/2015

Independent grove was the best venue for a wedding. Alyson Vondruska was a superior wedding coordinator. The food was outstanding! The staff was professional and friendly. Our every need was met. The service was amazing. The whole wedding experience was excellent thanks to Independence grove, Alyson, and the staff. Beautiful!

Colleen
04/11/2015

Alyson was a wonderful person to work with in planning our daughter's wedding, from the first moment that we met, through all the planning she was a joy to work with. The bride & groom lived out of state and Alyson made sure that she was available to meet with on their schedule. She said that she would handle everything we were to enjoy and not worry about anything & she did exactly what she promised

We were hoping for an outdoor cocktail hour and if Alyson could control the temperatures of the day, I know she would have! We were blessed with a bright, sunny April day! Unfortunately, temps were just shy for a comfortable outdoor cocktail hour, however, our guests had access to the patio to enjoy. The indoor set up was absolutely gorgeous and all were happy. The presentation of the appetizers, not to mention how delicious everyone said they were, was beautiful.

Alyson's attention to detail was greatly appreciated. She offered us the opportunity to add little extras for our guests, nuts at the bar & cocktail tables, bathroom baskets, and set up a beautiful display of our family photos moving them around until all photos were exactly where we wanted! She worked with our vendors, coordinating and making sure everything was as they needed at Audubon Hall and everything was perfect when we arrived!

Our Banquet Captain, Dave, & Michael's Catering staff were wonderful, too! During dinner if I left my seat I would return to find my napkin folded on the table! Many guests expressed how impressed they were with the staff & also their napkins were folded when they returned to their seats. We were complimented on the beautiful atmosphere, delicious food & great service!

We highly recommend Audubon Hall at Independence Grove and Alyson if you want stress free planning, an amazingly beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, first class service and fabulous time at your event - worry free!!

Jamie
03/28/2015

We had our wedding at Independence Grove on March 28th 2015. Everything was beyond perfect we couldn't have asked for anything more! My aunt married us and she has never done anything like that and Alyson was awesome helping us coordinate everything and making sure things went perfectly! If there was any problems through out the night we were never aware because she was making sure everything was under control and everyone was where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there. We had 7 groomsmen and 7 bridesmaids so that's a lot of people to keep track of! When we have kids and they get bar or bat mitzvah'd we will 100% use this venue for that event!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Events at Independence Grove is beautiful and Alyson Vondruska is extremely helpful throughout the entire process. They are very accommodating, flexible, and really help to reduce the amount of stress the bride and groom have! We would highly recommend this venue for everyone looking for a romantic, cozy, and beautiful location to hold their ceremony and reception!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Emily
12/27/2014

We were extremely happy with the way our wedding reception turned out. Many of our guests made sure to tell us that our wedding was definitely one of the best they've ever attended.
After going to another wedding this past weekend, we reminded of how exceptional the service was, how professional the staff was, how beautiful the venue was, how delicious the food was and how perfect the most memorable evening of our lives came to be. Most of all, we were reminded of how lucky we were to have our wonderful Alyson Vondruska at the helm. It was perfect. Beyond perfect. Even to this day our guests are still raving.
Having worked in the industry, we have high expectations when it comes to events and the way Food and Beverage programs are run. You met and exceeded all of them.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Kimberly
12/27/2014

Our daughters wedding couldn't have been better. The food was hands down one of the best of all weddings I've been too. Our service was superb. the staff was professional and the service exceeded any expectation. I wanted it to last all night it was so great.

Recently Married

Alyson was amazing. She was so responsive and made the day so effortless and stress free. The quality of the food and decor was worth more than we paid. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for the best bang for your buck.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I considered getting a wedding planner, or at least a day-of planner. But when I met Allyson at Independence Grove, I knew I wouldn't need one. Allyson makes planning your reception a breeze. If you work with Allyson, she will make life easier by thinking of everything and letting you enjoy your day. I had no last minute surprises for my wedding reception, because Allyson had communicated with all the vendors and she most likely just took care of business behind the scenes! Other than saying yes to my husband, choosing Independence Grove was the best decision I made. I absolutely loved the beautiful reception I had at Independence Grove--its beautiful without being fussy (I really didn't want a traditional ballroom). The food was amazing (my coworkers said it was the best "wedding food" they had ever had), and I was happy that we had so many choices within our budget. The service was fantastic, and everyone I worked with was very professional. Thank you Allyson and your wonderful, professional staff!

Recently Married

We cannot thank our coordinator Alyson enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. I grew up in Libertyville so getting married at Independence Grove carried special significance for me and my family. Our ceremony/cocktail hour was on the North Patio and the reception was inside the Audobon Hall. The floor to ceiling windows permitted lovely views of the lake and the votive candles lining the windows lent a romantic, intimate feel. My husband and I were able to sneak out of the reception at sunset to take extra pictures along the waterfront.

Honestly, planning this wedding could not have been easier for us (although I'm sure Alyson and her staff worked their butts off!!) Because catering was on-site we only had to worry about contacting vendors for flowers, photography and music. We were happy to use local vendors suggested by IG and were thrilled with the results. Alyson was a fantastic coordinator. She always responded to our questions and requests in a timely manner and her sensible advice/suggestions were much appreciated. We hired her to run things the day of the ceremony as well and everything went perfectly. None of us spent a single minute worrying about details or logistics because Alyson took care of everything. And I have to mention the food at IG - our guests are still raving about the dinner and over-the-top dessert buffet! I'm happy to give IG a 5 star rating - we could not have asked for a better experience both in the planning stages and day of.

Recently Married

We can not be happier with the service they provided. I am so glad that we picked this venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

First and foremost, what can I say about Alyson? Alyson is simply amazing. I have never seen a person work so hard and with such passion. She was always available for questions or advice, and her positive energy is contagious. Alyson fought for us as if we were her own children, making sure everything was as perfect as we dreamed it would be. The venue was beautiful. We used the Native Garden and Audubon Hall. Our personal waiter was flawless. The food was incredible. They went above and beyond to specialize an ethnic dish for us. My husband and I talk about our wedding all the time. And we are still getting compliments on the regular about our big day. We just got one yesterday! We've been married almost 6 months. Can we renew our vows yet??