Energy Event Group - Sioux Falls Wedding DJ

Modern Entertainment and Design

3101 West 41st Street
Suite 209
Sioux Falls, SD 57105 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic Rock...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot express how great Jason and the staff at Energy Event Group are. From the very first day that I emailed Jason he called me back within 24 hours. He is very professional and really makes you feel special throughout the whole wedding planning process. At one time we had to change our wedding date because conflict with the church and I called Jason freaking out and he made me feel so much better and we got another date figured out.

This past weekend was amazing. When the wedding party got back to the reception site Jason and Darnell met us outside and explained to us what was going to happen. I had not seen the reception hall yet and Jason showed me a picture on his phone. To be honest I almost started crying because the lighting and the monogram, and the backdrop looked AMAZING! It was everything that I dreamed of! The night was amazing! Jason took control and made everything run very smooth! Craig and I didn't have to worry about a thing. He had the place rocking from the moment we walked in. I can't tell you how many people said that they have never had this much fun at a wedding. Also many people talked about how great the place looked and how much energy that DJ's had.

Energy Event Group was the best decision that we made for our wedding. It was worth every penny and I would suggest to anyone that is planning a wedding to book these guys. They treat you like royalty and they truly keep the party rocking!

Thank you again Energy Event Group for everything! You made our wedding a day that Craig and I will never ever forget!!

• Wedding: 01/24/2015
Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'd like to give my highest recommendation for booking Energy Event Group for all of your future DJ needs. Our experience with EEG was nothing but positive from the beginning. We had 2 meetings with Jason prior to our big day in order to go over all of our wants, needs, likes, and dislikes. He worked hard to get to know us and tailor the services to our specific personalities. He was organized, professional, and fun.

Darnell provided his services for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception on January 3rd, 2015 at The District. We had not previously met with Darnell and this worried me a little bit - but he contacted us the week of the wedding to ensure that we were all on the same page for the upcoming event. We had a long conversation with him to go over all of the details and got off the phone feeling quite confident with how things would go. To put it simply, Darnell killed it. His energy and professionalism were off the charts. He constantly kept us informed of what was coming next and was always checking on us to see if we needed anything. We received several compliments related to Darnell from our wedding guests. We would highly recommend both EEG and Darnell for any future DJ needs you might have!

• Wedding: 01/03/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Energy Event Group is amazing! Jason was very helpful in answering any and all questions while preparing for the wedding - even during Christmas and New Years! Jason and Eric did a great job as the DJs. People of all ages were out on the dance floor all night. Everyone was having such a great time that we even extended the reception for another hour! The pin spot lighting on our tall centerpieces, up lighting and monograms on the walls really enhanced the reception. We received numerous compliments from many guests on all aspects of EEG's work. Many guests have said how they wish we could go back to the reception and do it all over again! We also love all of the photographs taken by EEG. They are all beautiful and the candid ones are especially fun to look at! We loved working with them and would highly recommend them to any bride and groom who are looking to have a great time celebrating with their family and friends!

• Wedding: 01/03/2015
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason, Darnell, and Eric did a fantastic job of keeping everyone moving at our reception. It was truly a night that we won't forget any time soon, and our guests continue to talk about the fun they had that evening. The EEG team was easy to work with, and it felt like we had all been friends for years! The moment we walked into our reception, we were in awe of how incredibly well-done the lighting was - it completely transformed the room. Throughout the night, energy was never lacking from any of the DJs, and it didn't go unnoticed. They kept us informed, listened to our questions, and added a personal touch wherever they could. Michael and I would recommend EEG without a doubt in our minds, they all do fabulous work!

• Wedding: 01/02/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Darnell was amazing! He kept the flow of the reception going and we had such a fun time!

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
Johanna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EEG was overwhelmingly everyone's favorite part of our wedding! Darnell was so much fun and knew exactly the kind of reception music we wished to have. He was very helpful in guiding us through the night, we always knew what was coming next.

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys were awesome! I received several complements how well they worked with us and the crowd. will definitely recommend them to anyone I know!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OMG, EEG is the best ever! I still remember my fiance (now husband) telling me I spent WAY too much on our DJ when I booked them before I even had the location set in stone...he has retracted his statement since the wedding. He says it was worth every penny! (I win!) The whole process with Jason was smooth and helped to settle our nerves. During my ceremony he was there holding open doors, giving advise, and encouraging words (he didn't even start getting paid yet) and then when the reception started he rocked it out! He took control of the party and made sure everyone was involved at ALL times. He had the timeline set-up and kept everyone on track. When it felt like people were slowing down he would mix things up and maneuver a way to get everyone, even the back tables, up and involved in the party! To top off everything he also had some amazing pictures too! We couldn't have been happier with the whole process and end result we received from Jason. He was so involved in our group, party, family, personality styles that it meshed perfectly and he did an amazing job. We just got home from our honeymoon and are still receiving compliments about how awesome our DJ was and how much fun everyone from 5, to 30 to 50 had all at the same time! We wouldn't change anything about the evening and loved having Jason as a part of our special day!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason Yoshino was awesome to work with. I did not have to worry about a thing! His lighting and ideas were awesome. Anytime I had a question he was always there to give me an answer. He truly has a gift for what he does and I would recommend him to anyone!

• Flexibility: 5.0

If you are planning a wedding and need a dj you dont need to look any further than Energy Event Group! Jason and his crew will have it all under control. As a bride or groom you will have no worries, and can really just enjoy YOUR day and party on all night!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Darnell was the best DJ! He did a fantastic job and kept the party going all night long! I would highly recommend Darnell and Energy Productions!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We knew three and a half years ago that EEG (then, Energy Productions) would some day DJ for our own wedding. One of their guys had done a wedding we were both in and we had SO much fun! It finally came time to plan our own and Jason was so easy to work with through the whole process. He gave us great ideas and was very supportive, whether it was through emailing back and forth or Facebook messages, he was always there to respond. We received a phone call the week of the wedding from Darnell and between the 3 of us, I felt like we became best friends in the first few minutes getting to know each other!! We couldn't help but be impatient waiting for the big day/night with him in charge! Our guests immediately fell in love with Darnell! He was very educated and entertaining to not only listen to, but always knew just what to do next to keep the crowd going. Three weeks later and people of all ages are still talking about "Darnell, that DJ guy" and it warms our heart to know all of our family and friends will forever remember the fun, laughs, and memories that were shared on our PERFECT wedding day 10/4/14! EEG was worth every penny paid because they definitely made our night exactly what we had ever dreamed of!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife, Katie and I, had looked at a few different options for DJs as we were planning our wedding. The initial DJ we met with was a little out of our price range and when we approached that issue with him to see if we could work out a better deal, we were told that some people just can’t afford his services. Needless to say, we were disappointed. After some additional searching, we heard about the Energy Event Group and what a great job they had done for some friends and acquaintances of ours. We immediately set up a meeting with Jason Yoshino to see if he would be available and willing to help us out on our special day. From that meeting through the wedding day itself, Jason was constantly engaged and helpful as we planned our wedding. At every step of the way, he brought a certain calmness to our discussions when we would be stressed about every detail of the wedding. Most of the time when we would ask questions and be worried about whether we had picked the right music, Jason would simply respond with, “Don’t worry. I’ve got this.” Truer words have never been spoken. From the moment the reception started, Jason kept our timeline on track and checked in to see if there was anything Katie, myself, or our families needed throughout the evening.

When the dance started, Jason and his partner, Darnell, kept a strong majority of the wedding guests on the dance floor all night. From those at 14 all the way up to 80 years of age, both Jason and Darnell kept our guests dancing and having a great time. It was incredibly fun to have Darnell out on the dance floor with us, teaching new dance moves and having a great time. Jason and Darnell added some extra memories throughout the night by putting focus on my new bride, taking some great candid photos, and ensuring that everyone had a night they would never forget. It is because of Jason and Darnell that we now have wonderful memories of our wedding day that we, and our guests, will never forget.

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reading the reviews and seeing them in action really speaks for itself.

We have one word for all of it: SPEECHLESS

Thank you Jason and Darnell for everything you did for us, have done for others, and will continue to do!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

No amount of preparation on our part could have negated Jason's preparation. At our first meeting he had tips, pointers, and ideas for how the order of events should go and we agreed and are glad we did. The setup was amazing. When the wedding party arrived, Jason was waiting for us and had everything totally under control. Even if we wanted to worry about a small detail we couldn't because Jason had already had it taken care of. Everything flowed perfectly and we owe all of that to EEG and their coordination with our reception location. He kept us on the floor all night. Everyone one was very impressed with the music and energy. They even brought some party favors for people toward the end of the dance. Energy Event Group was worth every penny and I even feel like we robbed them a little bit. Couldn't imagine our evening going any better. Thanks Jason and EEG!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason did an amazing job of keeping in touch with us during the planning process. At the reception he greeted us when we got off the party and bus and touched base about timing of when were planning on entering the reception hall etc. Our dance was such a blast! All of our guests continue to talk about how fun & amazing the night was! All I can say is our DJ was the reason! Jason did BEYOND AMAZING! I would recommend him to every single bride & I will continue to do that!:)

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
605-376-5170
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards