Energy Event Group - Sioux Falls Wedding DJ

Modern Entertainment and Design

3101 West 41st Street
Suite 209
Sioux Falls, SD 57105 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic Rock...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Darnell was amazing! He kept the flow of the reception going and we had such a fun time!

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
Johanna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys were awesome! I received several complements how well they worked with us and the crowd. will definitely recommend them to anyone I know!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OMG, EEG is the best ever! I still remember my fiance (now husband) telling me I spent WAY too much on our DJ when I booked them before I even had the location set in stone...he has retracted his statement since the wedding. He says it was worth every penny! (I win!) The whole process with Jason was smooth and helped to settle our nerves. During my ceremony he was there holding open doors, giving advise, and encouraging words (he didn't even start getting paid yet) and then when the reception started he rocked it out! He took control of the party and made sure everyone was involved at ALL times. He had the timeline set-up and kept everyone on track. When it felt like people were slowing down he would mix things up and maneuver a way to get everyone, even the back tables, up and involved in the party! To top off everything he also had some amazing pictures too! We couldn't have been happier with the whole process and end result we received from Jason. He was so involved in our group, party, family, personality styles that it meshed perfectly and he did an amazing job. We just got home from our honeymoon and are still receiving compliments about how awesome our DJ was and how much fun everyone from 5, to 30 to 50 had all at the same time! We wouldn't change anything about the evening and loved having Jason as a part of our special day!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason Yoshino was awesome to work with. I did not have to worry about a thing! His lighting and ideas were awesome. Anytime I had a question he was always there to give me an answer. He truly has a gift for what he does and I would recommend him to anyone!

• Flexibility: 5.0

If you are planning a wedding and need a dj you dont need to look any further than Energy Event Group! Jason and his crew will have it all under control. As a bride or groom you will have no worries, and can really just enjoy YOUR day and party on all night!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Darnell was the best DJ! He did a fantastic job and kept the party going all night long! I would highly recommend Darnell and Energy Productions!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We knew three and a half years ago that EEG (then, Energy Productions) would some day DJ for our own wedding. One of their guys had done a wedding we were both in and we had SO much fun! It finally came time to plan our own and Jason was so easy to work with through the whole process. He gave us great ideas and was very supportive, whether it was through emailing back and forth or Facebook messages, he was always there to respond. We received a phone call the week of the wedding from Darnell and between the 3 of us, I felt like we became best friends in the first few minutes getting to know each other!! We couldn't help but be impatient waiting for the big day/night with him in charge! Our guests immediately fell in love with Darnell! He was very educated and entertaining to not only listen to, but always knew just what to do next to keep the crowd going. Three weeks later and people of all ages are still talking about "Darnell, that DJ guy" and it warms our heart to know all of our family and friends will forever remember the fun, laughs, and memories that were shared on our PERFECT wedding day 10/4/14! EEG was worth every penny paid because they definitely made our night exactly what we had ever dreamed of!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reading the reviews and seeing them in action really speaks for itself.

We have one word for all of it: SPEECHLESS

Thank you Jason and Darnell for everything you did for us, have done for others, and will continue to do!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

No amount of preparation on our part could have negated Jason's preparation. At our first meeting he had tips, pointers, and ideas for how the order of events should go and we agreed and are glad we did. The setup was amazing. When the wedding party arrived, Jason was waiting for us and had everything totally under control. Even if we wanted to worry about a small detail we couldn't because Jason had already had it taken care of. Everything flowed perfectly and we owe all of that to EEG and their coordination with our reception location. He kept us on the floor all night. Everyone one was very impressed with the music and energy. They even brought some party favors for people toward the end of the dance. Energy Event Group was worth every penny and I even feel like we robbed them a little bit. Couldn't imagine our evening going any better. Thanks Jason and EEG!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason did an amazing job of keeping in touch with us during the planning process. At the reception he greeted us when we got off the party and bus and touched base about timing of when were planning on entering the reception hall etc. Our dance was such a blast! All of our guests continue to talk about how fun & amazing the night was! All I can say is our DJ was the reason! Jason did BEYOND AMAZING! I would recommend him to every single bride & I will continue to do that!:)

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason went above and beyond not just during the wedding day but the weeks and months leading up to it. As the groom I was trying to keep my soon to be bride calm, trying to make sure everything was in order calling around and checking with vendors, but with Jason, he took care of all that. Calling and checking in making sure everything was going as planned. His site was incredibly easy to pick the main songs we wanted and make sure the songs we didn't want, were never played! Jason kept everyone on the dance floor from beginning to end! We've been to weddings where things get a little stale and the party dies down...not at ours! The dance floor was full until the last song!! He surprised us and the guests with light up foam sticks for a short rave, and the little kids absolutely loved it too! It's hard to keep everyone satisfied at a wedding dance when you have parents, little kids, and the wedding party and guests, but Jason hit every songs just right to keep everyone happy! He was also amazing at keeping everything on perfect timing without being pushy about anything, which again, is hard to do especially when you have all those people you just want to hang out with. We highly recommend him to everyone, by far one of the best wedding dances I've ever been too!!

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EEG was so wonderful to work with! Our wedding reception was a BLAST!! It's two weeks later and we are still hearing about how awesome our wedding was and I couldn't agree more! I would highly recommend EEG to anyone and everyone looking for a good DJ to keep a party going!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We met Jason and Darnell back in 2013 at a friend’s wedding. From the second we saw the entertainment they brought and the fun everyone had we knew these 2 were the guys we wanted for our big night. After giving Jason a call when we got back he not only booked Darnell and himself but helped us book our reception hall too!
Jason is a very organized profession individual who made our night go very smoothly. At our final meeting with us he made sure we had the night all set up from our intros to the final dancing which was comforting to know. When we got to the reception hall he made sure the bridal party was ready for their intros and also made sure everyone knew how things were going to happen. Throughout the night he was there to make sure everything we needed was there, and that everything we planned would happen. He played music that kept everyone on the floor at all times which was nice to see people from the age of 3 to 70 dancing and having a blast!!
Darnell is full package!! He knows his music, he can dance the night away to any and every song, and he is a true entertainer. Darnell had the whole place going at all times. Like I stated early we have family from 3-70 on the floor. He had so many people on the dance floor that it flowed out into the table areas. I received so many comments from Family and Friends on how he keep the dance floor always alive and making sure everyone was having the time of their lives. He also made sure we have one final Wobble battle at the end of the night!!
And finally Eric, he was the perfect touch to wrap the 3 entertainers together. Eric was there the whole time snapping photos of the night as well as getting on the dance floor to assist with Darnell in making sure the night was a success!
Kelsey and I want to thank all 3 of you for the greatest night of our lives and hope to see 1 or all 3 in the future at weddings!! Best of luck to all 3 of you and the joy you will bring many more couples!!! Peace be the Journey!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding day. He was able to keep maintain the flow of the day and keep our guests entertained and energized. We couldn't have imagined a better guy / company to DJ for our special day.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jason was very helpful through the whole process of deciding what we wanted our wedding reception to look like. He was very great to work with and made us feel very excited about our big day. We really enjoyed the new POSH machine it was a great hit at the wedding and so much fun to have those photos to look through to see everyone having fun. Also, our Dj was Darnell and he was AMAZING!!! He kept everybody on their feet and dancing which is what I wanted to make sure everyone was having fun. He did an excellent job! We knew we wanted Energy Event group when we started planning because everyone said that they were the best and they definitely lived up to the expectation. Thanks Again !

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with EEG was one of the best decisions we could have made for our wedding day. We wanted the best for our reception and dance & Jason was the perfect choice! He was on top everything from the beginning: making sure that the reception flowed smoothly, providing beautiful lighting, fun party favors, as well as pointers for us to think about with our own decorations. Even when we forgot to give him names for an activity that he was doing during the evening, he went out and socialized and learned peoples names on his own and got everyone engaged in the fun! Our friends and family loved the music played, the group dances, and the group photos that EEG coordinated. That dance floor was full the whole time! The night was better than anything I could have ever wished for and our guests couldn't stop complimenting us on how amazing the reception was as well as our DJ. We already have recommended EEG to numerous individuals and will continue to do so. EEG went above and beyond to make our day one of the greatest days of our lives and made it such a stress free experience every step of the way & we are so grateful for that. EEG is worth every penny!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
Services Used: DJ, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Photography
605-376-5170
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards