Ella's Garden

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.6 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My name is Ashley Heffernan and I had my wedding at Ella's garden the weekend of April 5th, 2014. I seriously could not have imagined it going more perfectly than it did. I was nervous at first, because I was doing a sort of "diy" wedding with some detail and a lot of customized things. I will say, Ella's isn't the type of place that normally does that kind of thing, at least from pictures it normally looks like they handle EVERYTHING for you (which is really nice for some people). They do ask you to fill out a form listing everything you will be bringing on the wedding day and you can't set up early (one of the things I was nervous about). They let you bring all of your decorations on friday night and when I arrived on Saturday several hours before the ceremony they had set up every little thing I had brought perfectly (centerpieces were stacks of books with vases and scrabble tiles with words, very detailed), I didn't have to tweak a single thing. I had heard a few things about the wedding coordinator there, named Shelley, but I really don't understand what those people are talking about. She is a "get things done" kind of woman, I don't think there's any way for a wedding coordinator to be successful without being that way. She handled everything, never seemed stressed and calmed me down so many times. Every time someone would come to me with a question or complaint she would intercept them and get whatever needed to be done, done. I loved her, she was great. Everyone there was great. We set up our contract and everything with Pat, who we loved and were hoping would be our DJ. We ended up getting the other DJ, Andrew, who was awesome as well! I have nothing but nice things to say about this place. Such a pretty venue for an outdoor wedding. I never actually take the time to write reviews, but I felt like I had to write one for them after all the work they put in to make my wedding perfect. They could charge way more for their venue than they do, in my opinion.

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ella's Garden made gave me the wedding of my dreams. My guests still talk about it and how much fun we had. Maria and her staff treated me and my guests like family and the wedding day was well planned and organized. The Ceremony lighting was perfect and it came out very Shabby Chic with a lot of personal charm like I wanted. The Dj had my guests dancing and even my grandmother got out there. I cant wait to see my pictures. I highly recommend this venue and would do it again and again if I could.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had such a great time at Ellas for our wedding. Maria and Pat did a tremendous job helping me and guiding us. We were so pleased at how they were willing to go above and beyond to make sure we were happy. We would highly recommend this place to anyone. Our wedding was at night and there was enough lighting to see everything-which I was really nervous about. I got to see some sample pictures and they turned out great! Great Job Ellas!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Amy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellas garden was very accommodating to help me have my dream wedding! I worked closely with the owner, Maria, she was so helpful and professional. The venue is beautiful, they have great staff and great food. We had so many guests say this was the best wedding they'd been to! I would definitely recommend Ella's Garden.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
Hannah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The wedding at Ella’s Garden was wonderful in every way! Thanks to the wedding coordinators and the DJ and the rest of the crew for making it such a special day for my daughter and her new husband and their family and friends. Everyone cannot stop talking about how beautiful the wedding was as well as the venue! We all had a great time and appreciated all of your attention to detail and your tolerance of our “modern family” wedding!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue is so beautiful and well kept! Shelley basically becomes the wedding planner/coordinator when the wedding is booked and she did such a wonderful job! She is professional and goes above and beyond to help! She had great ideas and is on top of everything!

• Wedding: 05/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything about this place was perfect. I had good communication with my wedding planner through the whole process. At the wedding, she kept everything going perfect and everybody loved her. I would recommend this place to anybody.

• Wedding: 01/31/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant
cristylr
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I fell in love with the quaintness and beauty right off the bat. I had the best coordinator a bride could ask for--we emailed back and forth almost daily and she was very informative and kind. We had a loooovely ceremony and reception with delicious food for a great value. :) It was the perfect event and I would seriously do it again because it was so wonderful. I would highly recommend this venue if you are having a small wedding.

• Wedding: 03/29/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue is absolutely FANTASTIC. It was great - They have all-inclusive packages that allow you to have a one-stop-shop for all the wedding aspects - Catering, ceremony & reception music/decorations/minister, limo, photographer, wedding planner, wedding & groom's cake. They manage it all so well. This was a beautiful location, and they were so nice and helpful, and inexpensive! So great for two recent college graduates with little time to plan a wedding!

I cannot recommend highly enough!!!! Our wedding date was 04-08-2006.

The owners of this location also created Centurion Palace in League City, which is a little more luxury, but I'm sure just as wonderful!

• Wedding: 04/08/2006
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography, Wedding Cake
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Really glad I chose Ella's Garden. Great staff and wonderful venue.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
Kerri
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Shelley at Ella's Garden is amazing! My wedding was perfect. She made sure there was no worry on my wedding day! The venue is cozy and beautiful. The value for the size wedding we had (80) was perfect! I could not have picked a better location!

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Kept ceremony moving in a timely manner, almost rushing at times, but everything was beautiful and I am still getting compliments on the whole ceremony and reception!

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
Laura
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

My wedding could not have been more perfect. Thank you so much Ella's Garden for making our day memorable.

• Wedding: 09/19/2009
Cindy30
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ella's Garden was a fabulous venue for our wedding reception. The staff was friendly, energetic, and well organized. The DJ provided was exceptional and understood the mood of the guests throughout the evening. This is an excellent, inexpensive (comparatively) choice for a wedding ceremony and/or reception site. My only negative comment would be concerning somewhat slow responses to emails and phone calls at times.

• Wedding: 07/18/2009
4.3/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Ella's Garden was beautiful and affordable. The cake was exactly what I requested decor wise, although the Italian creme layer was a little dry. The D.J. did an excellent job with the music, kept everyone entertained and out on the dance floor! The food was delicious, all our guests raved about it. The set up was gorgeous and prettier than expected. The only real issue was with the coordinator. She was a little too pushy and demanding. I feel since we spent a pretty penny on our special day, she should have been a little more flexible. The owners are great and were very accommodating!

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Cake
Christi
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

This place is so beautiful! I am so glad that we chose this venue. The garden is gorgeous and looks so pretty in pictures! They do everything and you have to worry about almost nothing on your wedding day.

• Wedding: 03/10/2013
Eva
281-290-0998
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire