Ediths Bridal

• Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I was not very happy with my experience here. I felt very pressured at my first appointment I had there which was why I ended up getting my dress from here when it would have been more ideal for me to get it in Green Bay which is where my wedding took place. Many other bridal stores allowed me to take pictures of the dresses I tried on so I could compare them to each other in photos. This place would NOT allow pictures being taken unless you put down a $300 non-refundable deposit. They wouldn't even tell me the name of the dress designer unless I had put down a $300 deposit. I had never heard of that before either. I felt pressured so I put the deposit down which basically made me feel like I had to get the dress from them.
Also, I thought I was going to get my bridesmaid dresses here too but they required a $50 deposit in order to even get us a color swatch and that color swatch ended up being only about 1 inch x 1 inch. Luckily I ended up getting the $50 deposit back after having talked to the owner of the store.

3.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I was extremely happy with the price and quality of the gown I found. It did need a lot of alterations which ended up costing more than the actual price of the dress but the quality of the work was really great so it was worth it. Their customer service could use a little work however. There were 2 phone conversations that were pretty unprofessional. They called once at 9 p.m. and wanted to change my appointment time for the next morning which I thought was a bit late notice but was willing to comply and then when I called to change my appointment time for the next week, 6 days before my appointment, they were unwilling to accommodate but finally gave in after I pushed back a little. They always seemed just a bit disorganized every time we went back for appointments but the dress turned out beautiful so I guess I can't complain.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am very pleased with ediths bridal. I found my perfect dress there and was always taken care of by the staff. They were mor than happy to help me find what i was looking for, as well as offering water to me and my family that came along. For purchasing my dress, I got $100 credit toward a head piece. I wan't going to wear a headpiece so I asked if I could use it toward jewelry, and tey said yes! I got my bridal jewelry for free!
Happy girl right here, and my dress was stunning.

3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My experience was very pleasant and the staff was very helpful and professional.

1.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

They have a great selection but they were rude & unresponsive after they made the sale. I had to ask numerous times if my dress was in & being from another state made picking up my dress when they were not communicating with me very difficult. I tried on my dress when it came in & no one helped us check out for 45 minutes. What a nightmare!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Simply put, do NOT go to Edith's in Fond du Lac. They don't apologize for any errors they make and now we are hoping to get our dresses in time for the wedding. We ordered them 6 months out.

4.0/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Overall great experience, but some bumps along the way: we got everything from my gown, bridesmaids, tuxes, flower girl dress, MOB dress, etc. Stephanie in bridesmaid dresses is fabulous, and Jane in alterations was amazing to work with. Sometimes we had snotty girls at the alterations desk counter. Overall my main complaint is that I was told I was too "well endowed" to wear cups, so I searched forever for a bra that would work. Bought a bra that was not returnable for over $100; when I came back and said I was uncomfortable and this was the best I could find, was told to try and cups, which ended up working and had to pay again for alterations. Also some of the alterations are over priced--I paid $90 for a little bit to be taken in on the bust by my armpits.

Lastly, my sister got pregnant unexpectadely, and one of the alterationists was very rude, questioning her if she knew she was pregnant when she ordered the dress, if she knew she was preganant when she picked up with dress (she didn't), and that they would charge her a rush fee, My other sister was preganat at the time and they told her they make special exceptions for preganant women because they continue to grow and need to make changes closer to the date of the wedding. Once we complained that we were told there would be no rush fee because she is preganant, they removed the charge. Overall, stick with Jane for alterations--I worked with her later on near my wedding--she was very knowledgeable and helpful, while making us feel comfortable. Ediths has a wide variety, beautiful dresses, and way better customer service than David's Bridal.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

My fiancée went to Edith's bridal twice looking for bridesmaid dresses. Both times the attendant assigned was attempting to juggle several different appointments and could not devote much time to what my fiancée needed; the second time the attendant's attitude left something to be desired. Once a couple of dresses were singled out, she wanted to purchase a color swatch for me in case I went somewhere else for my tuxes. They made her bridesmaid sign a contract for a dress even though a final one wasn't actually selected or ordered and charged her $50 just to receive the swatch.

The next day my fiancée opted to go somewhere else but still wanted to purchase the sashes from Edith's. She called in order to tell them and see if the $50 could be applied towards a different purchase in their store as the dresses would not be bought from there and nothing had actually been ordered. The Edith's rep on the phone stated they followed their policy and that the $50 was non-refundable or transferable. My fiancée tried explaining she was not looking for a refund and wanted to conduct business with them but not for any dresses just sashes. The rep refused and said the $50 could not be used elsewhere in their store and that they had followed policy and nothing further could be done. Needless to say, they made my decision easy on not going there for my tuxes.

Shortly after my fiancée called David's Bridal in Appleton to ask for a swatch that she found in one of their catalogs. They charged her $1 per each sample and agreed to mail them to our house. Now that's some excellent customer service!

I wouldn't recommend Edith's as they seemed fairly unprofessional and somewhat uncaring. I understand and respect that businesses need to have policies, but requiring a $50 payment for a business card sized swatch of cloth seems a bit unnecessary.

• Wedding: 10/11/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I purchased my dress from Ediths and was extremely happy with it. The lady that helped me was Carol Ann and she was very sweet, worked with me even when I had no clue what I wanted, and gave helpful opinions and quality customer service! I didn't purchase the dress the first day I tried it on, but went back later after I found it more expensive at another bridal shop. They don't allow pictures until you put money down, which sucks...but I guess they expect you'll try to find it cheaper elsewhere if you know exactly what it looks like and who the designer is...They did tell me to order up several sizes from the sample, which I was shocked by..I chose to order a 10, instead of the 12 they recommended and everything worked out just fine even without me working out, so go with your gut on what size to order! I did opt to take the dress out for alterations and was happy I did that. I met with my alterations lady at least 3-4 times in the city I live in, had it shortened, cups put in, steamed 3 times, and busseled for $100- the lady was amazing! I would have paid at least double that in the store. We also got our suits from Edith's and were very happy with that service as well! The guys looked great and had no real problems and I got many compliments on my dress.

Anonymous
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I loved my dress and the seamstress did excellent on my alterations!

4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Thank you so much for your help last week while I tried on dresses. Your patience and expertise were greatly appreciated not only by me, but by my mom, aunt and cousin as well. You had so many different suggestions and your willingness to go the extra mile certainly made a great impression on all of us. I can’t wait to see the final product.
Corinne

Anonymous
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Just writing a quick note to thank Edith’s and the wonderful staff for helping me look my best on my wedding day! The dress looked beautiful! Keep up the great work. My Mom got her dress at your store and I hope you will be around if we have daughter who needs a dress.
Sue

• Wedding: 12/31/2011
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The service at Edith's was just right. I didn't want someone hovering or overbearing. They were professional and helpful. Our dresses and tuxes were beatiful and fit great.

• Wedding: 12/18/2011
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Do not buy from here - beware! I was asked to be in a wedding and then due to extenuating circumstances was no longer in the wedding. I do not live in Fon du Lac, I'm out of state, so had to pay someone else to fit me and I submitted my measurements to Edith's. They literally provided NO SERVICE to me. The dresses were not even ordered, yet when I had to cancel my dress, they charged a $50 "service fee." They said it was their policy - how was I to know that if I've never spoken to or even seen any of these people in person? It's really quite an exorbitant fee considering they did nothing. No dresses were even ordered. Terrible customer service!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
3.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I had no promlem with my dress but &my flower girl's dress ended up getting discontinuied & they never contacted me & by the time i found out about it we couldn't get it i was so mad that i ended up having a friend make her a dress.

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

I found my dress at Ediths - the first place I looked. Of course after finding the dress I looked at two other bridal shops to be sure, but nothing measured up to the first one that I found here. The staff at Edits were all very friendly and helpful and they did my alterations beautifully. My only concern was the pressure to purchase a dress that was at least 2 dress sizes larger than the one I had requested. The "floor model" that I tried on fit me well - if only a little snug. Based on this and my measurements I was recommonded to purchase a dress two full sizes larger and then pay for alterations. After much discussion I decided to purchase the dress in the current size but in a "wider" size. This dress fit perfectly, however it wasn't explained to me that the wider size would require a side panel that shifted the side seam on the dress. With the beading on the dress and the shifted side seam the overall look was one that made me actually look *much* wider.... In the end I'm sure I'm the only one that really noticed, but I would have been happier in the original size that I wanted without the pressure to purchase up.

• Wedding: 09/17/2011
920-921-2420
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.5