Duvall Events: Catering, Floral & Decor, Bar

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Duvall's Amanda McCarthy helped orchestrate our dream wedding this past Saturday (7.11.15) at the Confederate Home and College. From the venue, to my bouquet and her impeccable wedding coordinating, not a single detail was overlooked by Duvall's Amanda and her team. What I appreciated the most about Amanda was that even though it was a destination wedding, when we first met in person a few days prior to the ceremony, it felt as if we had been friends for years. With her top-notch attentiveness and spot-on intuition, she understood immediately the elegant, understated celebration we hoped to paint for our guests. I also highly recommend the beautiful Confederate Home and College for any serene outdoor wedding. While we'll always remember the Charleston humidity of our wedding day, we will equally remember Amanda's cool, calm demeanor which allowed everyone to stay relaxed and enjoy the celebration. Thank you Amanda and Duvall!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

I'm the mother of the groom, and Shannan Caldwell with Duvall Events handled heavy hors d'oeuvres for our Thursday night welcome as well as the rehearsal dinner at Charleston Distilling Co. in downtown Charleston, SC. Duvall's Hannah Archer headed up decor for the dinner. (This dynamic duo then did the wedding and reception on Saturday, too.) My husband and I have been inundated with comments about how incredible everything was -- from the food to the flowers to bar service. Duvall's attention to detail impressed even the admittedly intense and obsessive planner in me! I cannot find fault with a single element of their performance. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Catering

I was the mother of the bride for a destination wedding at Sullivan's Island with the reception in Mt. PLeasant, SC. Duvall Catering handled florals at the church, and florals, decor and food at the reception. Our guests raved about the food, and we we so happy with the florals and decor. The team prepared a special meal of my husband and myself to enjoy due to personal dietary restrictions, which was absolutely yummy! I highly recommend Duvall Catering, and Shannan Caldwell, too!

Jennifer
06/19/2015

Duvall exceeded every expectation we had by leaps and bounds. They were so accommodating during the planning process and made me feel as though we were the only wedding they had. The day of blew us away. The decor, flowers and food/bar were perfect. The guests have raved about everything. Thanks for making our day so special!

Andrea
06/19/2015

With DuVall everything was done to perfection! EVERYTHING!!!
The food was delicious. We had so many compliments from our guests. I have been to many wedding receptions and have never had food this good. The presentation was exactly as we wanted. The wait and bar staff were great. They were as good at the end of the night as they were in the beginning. Always professional, smiling and tending the needs/requests of the guests.

Duvall helped make our daughters' wedding perfect.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Private User
Recently Married

We were able to use Duvall for just about everything for our wedding! We were lucky enough to have Isabelle as our event coordinator. She is so great and helpful and made the whole process so much less stressful! We used Duvall for our food, bar, dessert, decor, flowers, lighting, rentals, and AV equipment. Everything was wonderful and the food and dessert was so good! Our guests were so impressed with the dinner and cake! Duvall helped make our dream wedding a reality.

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

I really can't say enough good things about our experience with the entire Duvall team at the wedding on Saturday. Everything was perfect. The room flip went off without a hitch (ceremony space to reception space), the food was absolutely wonderful (everyone seemed to agree that the food was the highlight of the evening), the drinks were great, and the staff was all excellent. Isabelle Donovan was our event coordinator. She was absolutely wonderful start to finish. She was attentive, prompt with returning emails and phone calls, and also helpful in keeping our stress level down!! Thanks so much for helping us pull off a fantastic wedding in 12 weeks! :)

Services Used: Catering

Duvall catered our daughters wedding this weekend at @ private residence in Charleston. We worked with Amanda McCarthy. She was very helpful and fun to work with. We received several complements on the food and bar service. We would definitely use them again! Thanks again Amanda!!!

Brian
05/21/2015

Our wedding was May 21, 2015 at Magnolia Plantation and we loved everything about working with Duvall Events: Shannan Caldwell was our day of wedding coordinator; Duvall Floral provided the flower arrangements, table decorations, etc.; Duvall coordinated all the rentals; and the Catering team produced a first class sit down dinner that all our guests raved about. We live in Mentor, Ohio and found all the staff at Duvall very easy to work with via email and phone. Only one extra trip to Charleston was required for tastings and to meet everyone, I can't say enough good things about Shannan and her team and we would recommend them to anyone interested in holding a wedding in the Charleston, SC area.

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

We used Duvall Catering for our wedding on May 17. The food was excellent and the service stellar! So glad we went with this vendor. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Catering

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Magnolia Plantation and used Duvall Events s our caterer. We live in NYC and planned our destination wedding from afar. We worked with Isabelle as our event lead and she was absolutely fantastic! She is so professional, polished, thorough, organized and knowledgeable. Isabelle made our long distance planning so much easier and less stressful. When planning a wedding, it is hard to decide on all of the details and she was so accommodating to our evolving needs and wants. I trusted her judgement from the start and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. The entire Duvall staff handled everything from set up, to service, to breakdown without a hitch. All of our out-of-town guests RAVED about the food and so many said it was their best meal yet during their stay in Charleston (which I think means a lot considering all of the amazing restaurants around!).

It meant so much to us to put on a great wedding for our friends and family. The Duvall team helped create a fantastic, lasting impression on all. Their staff, food, service and overall quality is impeccable!

Private User
Recently Married

Duvall provided the floral and decor for my wedding and they did a phenomenal job! I was so impressed by how well everything came together and how they brought my vision for the reception to life. You will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers
Morgan
04/10/2015

The food, service, decor and flowers were all amazing!

Services Used: Catering

I was required to use Duvall Catering as the catering service for my wedding venue, but I was delighted that they were the caterers as soon as we had the food tasting. The She-Crab soup is a must for the appetizers! My guest are still talking about how good it was. All of the food was delicious but the soup is very memorable. Also, they have a variety of selections to help you work within your budget. For example, I was able to substitute some of the adult meals for children plates to reduce the overall cost. Wish they had a restaurant so I could stop by anytime!

Dot
1 Review
03/20/2015

The staff at Duvall did a fabulous job helping with planning my niece's wedding. Isabelle was very professional and helpful in the planning phase. We had a lovely setting, beautiful bride, perfect weather…and fabulous, delicious food for the reception. Jack and the staff were outstanding – great service – attentive without being overbearing. Food was constantly coming out of the kitchen to replenish. All in all, a great job. Thanks for everything and for the perfect service and food during the wedding reception.

Services Used: Catering

Duvall Events did an amazing job on my daughter's wedding in July. The food was absolutely delicious and plentiful and they worked within my budget to make a wonderful menu. The catering captain, Whitney, made sure everything went smoothly and the stations were constantly replenished. Ashlyn and the décor team did an awesome job helping to make this the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. Everything from the bridesmaid bouquets, draping, café lights, and dozens of other fine details made the venue even more perfect . They even went above and beyond and helped with a couple of things that were not expected. Ashlyn saw our vision with a magical, vintage, romantic wedding and ran with it. She was very professional, made a perfect time line and saw everything to fruition. I can't say enough good things about this company and I would definitely recommend them.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning