DOBA by Miriam Dobano

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

My husband and I had the privilege of meeting Miriam through our wedding planner. From the beginning, she was professional, punctual, caring, and detailed- she made us feel very comfortable and confident in our wedding décor/design and worked well with our budget- we knew she was the one! She is detail-oriented and does her best to make sure she incorporates everything her clients want into their wedding. The love she has for what she does definitely shows in every aspect of her work. Not only is her work incredible, she makes her clients feel like friends and goes above and beyond for them. There were many times when Miriam stepped outside of her role as a decorator to make sure our wedding went smoothly. She is the best and we can not emphasize that enough. We are so blessed to have had her as our decorator/florist throughout our wedding planning process- she was there for us every step of the way! To all who want to bring their visions for their dream wedding to life- we can not recommend her highly enough!

Recently Married

There are no words to explain how beautiful and amazing my flowers by Miriam were! The table settings at our reception were simply unbelievable and the flowers for our wedding party were perfect. Every guest / friend spoke about how gorgeous our reception was from beginning to end! Miriam is not only remarkably talented but she was like a friend every step of the way! Love her!!!

Zahira
11/08/2014

I can describe the service provided by Miriam and her team in a few words: PERFECT, FLAWLESS, GREAT TASTE, ORGANIZED and COMPLETELY AMAZING!

I told her before, but she was My Angel!

Services Used: Flowers

Miriam gave for our wedding day more than expected. She showed me that she is interested in genuinely helping you with everything you need.

We loved everything she did for our wedding!!! The decoration and arrangements of flowers were phenomenal. Miriam has an exquisite taste and shows a great passion for what she does. Simply, the church and the venue were much much beautiful than we dreamed of!!!

Vanessa
10/11/2014

We had the wedding of our dreams and Miriam was an important part of making it become a reality. I can say a million things about Miriam but I will need more characters to express how wonderful she was and how incredible she met our expectations and delivered more than we were expecting. Since the first day she was on top of everything. She listened carefully to every detailed I wanted and made it happened at our wedding. We spoke over the phone on multiple occasions and she was always available for any recommendations or suggestions regarding what we wanted at the weeding. She was very responsible, on time with everything and most important very creative with an amazing sense of good taste. The wedding flowers and decorations were beautiful. We had tons of compliments form our guest. I loved every single detail, every single flower, I loved everything she prepared for us. I would 100% recommend Miriam!!!!! Thanks for everything and for making our special day more special than we imagined.

Services Used: Flowers

I was absolutely speechless when I saw how Miriam completely transformed my wedding venue. Despite the sneak peeks she gave me during the days leading up to the wedding, I was blown away to see how she brought it all together. And, to be honest, I wasn't very much help! All I told Miriam was that I wanted were purple flowers (and I had no idea as to what KIND of flowers) and tiffany blue tablecloths...not exactly traditional colors. What Miriam did was amazing. A month later, guests are still telling me how beautiful they found the decoration and flowers. Not only is the value for the services and product she provides amazing, but Miriam's support and responsiveness in the planning stages really gave me peace of mind, especially in that hectic last week. Most important, Miriam truly loves what she does and her energy and passion for her craft is contagious. Thank you Miriam for making my wedding day unforgettable!!

Services Used: Flowers

I cannot express how amazing Miriam made our wedding day. She was such a pleasure to work with, so professional, and willing to work with any request we had. I'm sure in comparision to a lot of the other brides Miriam has worked with our budget was not huge but when I walked in our reception at Casa de Espana, it was breathtaking and more than we could have ever asked for. Miriam went above and beyond to give us extra touches to make our day perfect. I only gave her a few Pinterest photos of my ideas and she took it from there and created what I could have only dreamed of. Every detail was beyond beautiful and SO personal.

Miriam is so honest, creative, and down to earth. I would ONLY recommend her as a florist and decor designer for any wedding in Puerto Rico. I didn't think our venue could be more beautiful but Miriam did just that. All of our guests were amazed and took time to admire every detail. I really appreciate every effort she made and meeting we had to really accomplish exactly what I wanted. No doubt Miriam is the very BEST! WE love you and wish we could do it all over again Miriam! Thank you for a perfect day.

Love,

Vian and Victor Morales Wedding: August 29, 2014 Ceremony: Catedral de San Juan Bautista Reception: Casa de Espana

Services Used: Flowers

Words can't make justice to the dedicated, creative, unique work of DOBA at my wedding. I found her thanks to my wedding planner, Maria Lugo, who is also a very dedicated professional in the industry (found through WeddingWire.)

My wedding ceremony was meant to be at the beachfront of the San Juan Marriott, followed by an indoor reception. As my wedding day was approaching, a tropical storm was also approaching the island, hitting exactly on my wedding day. Miriam efforts to make me feel more relaxed within the whole deal of the storm and her execution made the weather conditions seem completely irrelevant. After all, she found a room with big glass windows in which we could still see the palm trees bending by the tropical storm winds, and our beloved ocean! That made our day even more special and truly memorable!

The ideas I have envisioned for creating the ambiance and atmosphere were a blend of some random things, but Miriam indeed made the perfect blend of flowers and decorations for both venues. Everything was perfect! Thanks DOBA!!!

Hilda & Olivier

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Working with Miriam has been amazing. From the beginning, she understood what I wanted and always made me feel extremely comfortable and relaxed.

The flowers and decorations at the church and reception were gorgeous! She went above and beyond. Everybody was talking about how great the decoration was. She also provided the chairs, table clothes, candles..., and everything looked perfect. I could not be more pleased. On top of being really good at what she does, she is a true professional, and really easy to talk to. She will make sure to create the vision you have.

I would highly recommend Miriam to anyone getting married in Puerto Rico

Thank you for everything Miriam, it was amazing Nada

Services Used: Flowers

Words cannot describe how happy I felt when walking down the aisle at an amazingly and magically decorated church, and later on entering the ballroom at Club Naútico de San Juan. Miram really made our dream wedding come true. She not only inspired me with her unique ideas but she was also available at all times to answer questions and guide me trough the stressful journey of picking out the colors of the decoration (flowers, tablecloths and her beautiful accents).She really went beyond what I expected, Miriam is not only talented but she also understands how it is to work with different budgets and adjust to your needs. Miriam is an extremely realiable person, I felt relieved since the very moment I chose her to decorate our wedding, she had everything under control at all times and also cheered me up during those bride's stressful moments by sending me pictures of the ideas she had for the decoration. Miria will not only integrate your ideas, but she will deffinetely surprise you with exquisite details that will definitely make your special day a magical one. I assure you, you'll love her!

Odette Santini

Services Used: Flowers

Miriam was referred to us by a friend who had also had her wedding in Puerto Rico. Miriam was a consummate professional, flexible and ABSOLUTELY made our vision come to life! Miriam asked great questions and was able to really "get us" and our vision and actually went above and beyond our wildest imagination to make our special day wayyyyyyy more beautiful and unique than we could ever think up!!!! Miriam's attention to detail is superb! Wish we could post pictures on this review! She is worth every penny- already have referred her to friends.

Services Used: Flowers

Escoger a Miriam Dobano como nuestra decoradora llevo mi boda a otro nivel, el ambiente q creo para nosotros fue hermoso y de un gusto exquisito. Es muy profesional, responsable, dedicada, puntual, tiene gran PASION por su trabajo y se ve en el resultado. Simplemente excelente, es una artista de la decoracion. Gracias Doba....

Miriam Dobano is an excellent person, professional, responsible, dedicated, passionate about her work. Doba created and unique and romantic environment for us. She is simply a decor artist. Karla & Roberto

Elizabeth
01/25/2014

Miriam did the decoration for my rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception. I met her in person at my venue several months before and instantly liked her. She is a straight shooter, fiercely committed to her work and a great listener. She really has an amazing talent when it comes to understanding a bride's vision and bringing it to life. She also does everything possible to work within your budget and still throw in a few special surprises. You can tell she is someone who wants to go above and beyond for her clients.

I also found her to be a wealth of information in terms of things like vendor recommendations, stationery, welcome bags, etc. The one thing about Miriam that is a bit different to other florists is that she does not do a "table trial" before the wedding, where she puts together a table and all its elements for you. Some brides might be a bit anxious about this but I can tell you, I am sort of a control freak and I completely trusted her and knew that she would do something beautiful and in line with my vision. And she did, 100%. The ballroom was a dream. My father and husband, who had both been horrified when we got proposals (not because of Miriam's prices, more so because you never expect decor to cost so much), walked into the ballroom and were speechless. My brother in law came to me at the beginning of the ceremony and said he understood why I chose this setting and the room, etc. because it was absolutely stunning. Miriam took a plain ballroom (granted, with a killer beachfront location) and just totally transformed it. My bouquet was absolutely beautiful and my bridesmaids' bouquets were perfect for their dresses and the overall feel of the wedding. I highly recommend her and truly enjoyed working with her.

Maria
12/14/2013

Choosing Miriam Dobano for the decoration of my daughter's wedding was one of the best decisions. She knew how to create an elegant yet welcoming atmosphere without neglecting any detail. She was available at all times to give us her advice and the best ideas, always keeping in mind our budget. Miriam is a true artist. It was a pleasure working with her.

1+ year ago

Miriam created the most beautiful and breathtaking ambiance for our wedding last December. She was always available, very enthusiast about everything and made me feel at ease all the time. We emailed each other, she looked at my ideas for the wedding and that was it: she made everything so much better, just perfect. Everyone has been talking about the elegant decoration and how all looked so well-thought-of.

She is THE best!!!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers
1+ year ago

We had our wedding at the Hacienda Siesta Alegre and couldn't have been more pleased with the quality of service and artistic touches provided by Miriam. She went beyond our expectations and seemed to understand the look I was trying to achieve. She also went out of her way to provide me with flowers for our rehearsal dinner. She also has a delightful personality!