DJ/MC plus LIVE MUSIC - Mike and Brian Productions
Professional Acoustic Duo (Portable Grand Piano, Guitar, Vocal, and Percussion) & Experienced DJ/MC
Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, Los Angeles, Palm Desert, CA

Flexibility:
 (5.0/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We found Brian through a friend of ours that got married in December 2012. We instantly fell in love with his style and we just knew we had to hire him for our wedding! We are so happy we did! Brian is AMAZING to work with. He is very flexible, easy-going, and extremely professional. We have been to weddings where the DJ is just a total cheeseball and let us tell you, Brian is NOT that. We gave him a list of songs we wanted played and he stuck true to what we asked and kept the music going perfectly to our taste. And if only there were enough words to describe his live music. He sang live while our guests were being seating, during our ceremony, and during our cocktail hour. He is just fabulous live! He has an awesome voice. I wish I could have spent more time listening and enjoying him for our wedding, but at least we were able to do that at my friend's wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests how they loved him and were so impressed that he not only was the DJ, but that he was a live performer as well. He is definitely worth every penny!! Thank you Brian!!!!! - John and Amy
Wedding: 03/08/2014

Lisa 5 Reviews
The best thing you can do is have Brian at your wedding! He played live for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner and then turned to DJ once all the dancing started. He learned our first dance song and sang it live while playing on a grand piano that he brought! Talk about amazing! He's great to work with and was the talk of the wedding. As a bride that wanted a classic and sophisticated feel, this was the detail that made it over the top beautiful.
Wedding: 10/19/2013

Whitney 1 Reviews
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing! Elegant, classy and fun was what we were looking for and Mike & Brian Productions provided exactly that! By far our favorite vendor and worth every dollar!
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Brian to play at our ceremony and reception for our big day and all I can say is that, Brian was an absolute dream! My guests are still raving about how great Brian sounded and how he was able to provide us with a very dreamy and romantic ambiance for our ceremony yet rocked the roof off with his spectacular ability to dub as a DJ. My hubby and I love him soo much that we cannot wait to go and see him at Mastro's Steakhouse in Costa Mesa on our 1 year anniversary! Mike & Brian productions are definite must have!
Wedding: 03/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We found Brian through a recommendation from our venue. They said he is definitely their most popular dj/musician. Brian was a bit over our budget, but after looking for a few months, and finding that no one else we had gotten recommendations for was available (We got engaged then married 4 months later), we decided to go with Brian, and cut back in other areas. I am very happy that we decided to go with him, he played the guitar and piano while our guests were arriving, then djed the songs I requested for the ceremony, played during our cocktail hour and dinner, then djed the remainder of the night. So many people asked where we found him, and commented that whatever we paid for him, it was totally worth it. I walked into a song that I absolutely loved, but realized the morning of the wedding, that I hadn't told him the section of the song that I wanted to be playing. I texted him what I wanted about 5 hours before the wedding, and he got it done, and it sounded perfect. Played everything I requested prior to the wedding. To my surprise, pretty much everyone at my wedding (80 guests) was on the dance floor the ENTIRE night!
Wedding: 08/11/2012

Kathryne 1 Reviews
Brians combination of live music and dj'ing whefe perfect for our day. The live music was one of the most commented on elements of my day by the guests. Brian was accommodating, professional and fun!
Wedding: 09/15/2011

Crown of... 5 Reviews
Brian Stodart was perfect, professional and our wedding would not have been the success that it was had he not been a part of it. He has the most amazing voice and he made our ceremony and wedding reception spectacular! He orchestrated everything - the perfect emcee-from the grand entrance to the speeches, to the bouquet toss. Any couple would be lucky to book this talent for their wedding. His website is below - just listen to his voice:

Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Choosing Brian was one of the most brilliant things that we did for our wedding! He was so amazing! He sang a ton of our favorite songs and then let loose at night and dj'd the best music! Everybody danced the entire reception! Brian also acted as an MC and helped the evening move along. He was amazing! I cannot rave enough about how talented and great he is! My husband and I can't wait to see him perform again in Wine Country! He is a must addition to your wedding!
Wedding: 09/30/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brian and Mike are absolutely wonderful! During the entire planning process they were around to answer any of our questions and toward the end they even helped us with our timeline. They are both incredibly talented people and I would highly recommend their services. Our family and friends are still talking about their performance at our wedding and we all can't wait to visit them and see them play at another venue. They truly made our wedding a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you guys so much - we truly appreciate all of your hard work!
Wedding: 09/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mike and Brian are a class act. Great value considering they do live music and DJ!! We got so many compliments regarding the music and Brian even learned a very difficult song for my wife's processional. They were the first vendor we booked and we were EXTREMELY satisfied!!
Wedding: 09/04/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brian played for our ceremony, sang at our dinner and then turned into the DJ to our reception. Everyone raved about his performance throughout the night. We were absolutely blown away with how well everything went during the entire event. Prior to the event, planning was easy and he was always there to make suggestions and guide us in the right direction. Brian even coordinated with my husband so he could surprise me and sing to me (totally made my night and sounded amazing with Brian on the guitar). We cannot recommend Brian highly enough. He was always on top of things, played the right songs and kept the night flowing and upbeat. Many people at the wedding even asked where else he played so they can go see him again. We feel truly blessed to have such a consummate professional for our big day!
Wedding: 08/28/2010
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A unique way of having a DJ - the two are DJ's but they also play live music, which is great for cocktail hour when the wedding party is taking photographs are guest are having drinks and hor'dourves. Easy to work with, professional and flexible - and high on the "cool factor".
Wedding: 06/12/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When I first was proposed to, I knew two things for sure: I was getting married in San Diego AND Mike & Brian were going to do the wedding music.
I was an "industry bride", meaning I work in banquets on a daily basis. We are WORST than bridezilla and bride divas because we have seen it done a million ways and just want to be different...like not having a time line!! Brian and Mike were very understanding of the vision we had for our special day and they made it happen. Brian's performance of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" during our ceremony brought the crowd to tears. Thank you for being such a big part of our special day! I could not have asked for anything more!
Wedding: 05/15/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Mike and Brian for our outdoor wedding in May. We heard about them from word of mouth and went to check them out in Temecula at a winery. It was a no brainer! The ambiance they provided was ideal for an outdoor wedding; or for any special event. I was a little aprehensive to pay the extra cost above what a dj would cost, but thank god I decided to do it. My guests are still talking about them and I still get calls asking for their info. One of my guest even commented, "I didn't even realize they were playing live because they sound so good." My most memorable moment of the night was walking down the aisle with my dad. Brian sang "Angel" and it brought so many guests to tears (even my husband's friends!). More importantly, they are true professionals. Brian kept great contact with me and drove out of his way a few times to meet with me and go over the logistics. I think what I love most about Mike & Brian is they don't treat their service just like a business, but they are truly passionate about what they do and will treat each event like it's a friend of the family's. They can run the show without being cheesy or taking away the lime light.

Lastly, if you are reading this then you are probably endlessly searching for the perfect band/ dj. I know how you feel because I was there just a few months ago. I want to assure you that you won't be disappointed. In fact I hope you don't choose to go a cheaper route just to save money (like I thought about doing). You're wedding day only comes once! I didn't hire a wedding planner for my wedding and was super anal about all my vendors. That is the reason I chose Mike & Brian. I knew I would get everything I had hoped for and more...without ever having to stress about their committment or quality of work.

(Wow sorry for going on and on. You would think they are family or something. I just know how stressful it is planning a wedding and the assurance you want to feel about booking a vendor.) If you need a reference, feel free to ask Brian for my email and I would be happy to answer any questions.

Happy Wedding Planning!
Wedding: 05/01/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brian Stodart is an absolute pleasure to work with. He played solo at our small intimate wedding - fantastic voice and great on the keyboard and guitar. Our guest all very much enjoyed him. I highly recomend Brian and Mike for your Wedding Day.
Wedding: 04/30/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mike and Brian were unreal! They played on the beach for our wedding and at the reception. Brian can sing and Mike did a great job with being a DJ. They just played music and I really appreciated it! Even 6 months after the wedding, our guests still talk about the "band".

You guys are great and we hope to get out to Cali to see you guys play again!

T.J. (Omaha, NE)
Wedding: 04/03/2010
 909-844-2377
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire