Divine Delicacies Custom Cakes

Value
Flexibility
bride002
[Private]

Divine Delicacies goes beyond expectations. Very helpful in designing custom cakes and working around your needs. Not to mention the incredible variety of great tasting flavors. The only place I would recommend for any cake.

0.5

Let me first start by saying that if you have another option for a bakery to go with the other option. I set up a cake tasting for the cake for my wedding. it was a recommended vendor of the reception location i selected. I arrived five minutes before my tasting and even though on the phone they had informed me that the tasting was already ready for me, when I showed up i had to wait almost 15 minutes for them to bring out the samples. During the entire time I was there no one sat down with me to go over the pricing, or the details of the cake. There was one person at the desk handling the register and there was another couple there waiting for their tasting. I was aggravated because not only do I live out of town and I had to come in for the tasting, the people were rude to my husband and I. They tried to charge extra fees for everything. The workers did not even agree on the same things, for example one person said it was extra for color while another said that it was not. The prices changed when they were talking to us. At first the lady who was briefly stopping by seemed excited that we wanted a custom cake but then she continued to try and raise the price on us and we did not feel comfortable so then when we wanted a cake out the book she started to act funny towards us. Overall the service was terrible and it was not pleasant to be there.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Shamen
06/27/2015
3.0

They provide great beautiful cakes. Our cake was a part of our wedding package and therefore gave us very limited options. We were not expecting to pay so much out of pocket for simple upgrades. The cake that was delivered was not the simple design I selected.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

I made an appointment to choose my wedding cake and I was running late, however Laura and her staff graciously tended to my needs. I wasn't one of those brides who didn't know what I wanted, I knew exactly what I wanted and Laura delivered. My cake was delivered and set-up beautifully at my wedding venue without delay or problem. I paid what Laura said I would, and I received the cake that Laura promised I would. I am a business owner (caterer) and there are days when late appointments take over the next person's appointment unfairly, and you are a good business owner when you still accommodate both appointments without making either guest being slighted. Laura handles her business and I refer all my clients in need of cakes and any other confectioners to Laura of Divine Delicacies Cakes. Thank you Laura for making my wedding beautiful!! you are a sweetheart!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I had been to so many wedding where the cake was really pretty but tasted awful. I love desserts so I really wanted my cake to be tasty but still be pretty. My fiance's mother is a baker and offered to make the cake, but we didn't want her to stress over this. So we really needed to find a place she would approve of. Divine Delicacies cake wasn't tasty- it was phenomenal! During the wedding people kept saying how good it was, even now people ask us about the baker. Not only was it delicious, it was stunningly beautiful. I had a very vague idea of what look I was going for. I went through her boos and told her kind of what I liked, and her sketch was more than I could have imagined. When I saw it in person, I can't even tell you how happy I was!! Go Devine delicacies custom Cake!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I had a package with Signature Grand and I'm glad they included Divine Delicacies cakes in their package their cakes are so moist and not only my wedding cake looked WOW it also tasted great!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I couldn't be happier with the service we received from Divine Delicacies Cakes for our wedding! When looking for our wedding cake vendor we started out pretty discouraged with some unsuccessful appointments.
Meeting Laura was a breath of fresh air! From our first sit down when she gave us more samples than we knew what to do with to hand sketching my wedding cake (yup, I have a full sketch of my wedding cake which is a great little keepsake) I knew we found "our guys."
Being from the South, we also have a tradition of a groom's cake so we tasked Laura not only with the design of the wedding cake (I wanted a 3 tier cake with champagne ruffles & lace overlay...she nailed it) (it's the groom's cake, he gets whatever he wants...).

Both cakes exceeded our expectations & were the talk of our wedding. Not only did they look stunning but they were delicious! The groom's cake was a traditional vanilla rum cake (very moist & flavorful, simple but perfect to balance out all of the icing). My wedding cake was 3 tiers with two being a white red velvet cake and one being a chocolate Godiva cake with rasberry filling ...A-MA-ZING! The "red" velvet still gave you that amazing velvet cake flavor, but there was a lightness to it...more flavorful than traditional wedding cake, but not overwhelming and the chocolate was just decadent. We got the best of both worlds.

Customer service was wonderful...we sent pictures of my wedding dress (she matched the lace on my dress to the lace on the cake) and pictures of my husband's golf bag. Laura was prompt with any questions and the cakes were delivered without a hitch on our big day.

I am still getting compliments on both of the cakes and can't thank Divine Delicacies Cakes enough for their fantastic service!

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married
1.0

Went to a cake tasting because they were one of my vendors for my venue. Cakes were good nothing special for the quality advertised. The lady taking my order began to tell me all the extra fees that were going to be charged for a buttercream cake, she seemed in a rush and kept adding additional fees for things I wanted on a simple buttercream cake. After she told me the price of the extras were $190 and I had to speak to my fiancé before I signed she got up and basically gave us the hint we were done with the appt. she didn't say goodbye to us gave us a dirty look and ignored us. Horrible customer service! Stay away from this place!!!!!!!

Maylin
04/17/2015

The cake was delicious even thou I had ordered some flowers in the cake purple and on the wedding day they were white which I have paid extra for that. But above that little detail the cake decoration was beautiful and the taste was awesome.

2.5

The cake was delicious however the girls are not easy to work with especially Laura one of the owners. NEVER THERE!

Trisha
02/14/2015

Divine Delicacies did an amazing job with my wedding cake. I chose a red velvet cake and it was delicious. My guests loved it and are still complimenting it! They also helped me plan the perfect design for my Valentine's wedding!!

fabytech
01/11/2015
4.3

The cake was delicious. They were very flexible when we had to change the delivery time. I would recommend them in the future.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
4.2

Amazing cake!!! Many selections to choose from.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

OH MY GOD! Divine Delicacies did a MARVELOUS job on my wedding cake. It looked perfect just the way I imagined, it was absolutely beautiful. Not only was it beautiful but it was DELICIOUS, everyone loved the cake, even people who claimed to not be cake people, said the cake was perfect. Thank you Divine Delicacies my cake was the best!!

rebeccakelsey
11/16/2014

I absolutely loved Divine Delicacies, our cake was beautiful and delicious. Upgrading our package with Grand Salon Reception Hall to show different cake options was a breeze and not that much more in price. I'd only recommend an update to the fake display cakes they have in their window because at first it gave me a different (cheaper) impression of them. Their service was excellent and the employees were very nice.

suzanne
11/09/2014
4.7

Delicious most tasteful cake I have ever had.