Desert Plantation

Desert Plantation

Favorite
Saint Francisville, LA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Desert Plantation was the perfect venue for my wedding. The plantation resides on a HUGE property with beautiful green grass, a pond, and majestic oak trees. The scenery is so amazing and makes for gorgeous pictures, especially the oak lined entrance-your guests will remember it for years to come. While the plantation & grounds are magnificent, the best part of Desert Plantation is the people. There are no words to describe how helpful & kind Willia & Bill Perkins, the owners of Desert, are but I will try. Willia stayed in constant communication with me throughout my planning process. She was invaluable as she recommended almost all the vendors I chose for my wedding day and they were all great. It made it so much easier to plan with her assisting me. She helped make my wedding so memorable and enjoyable. Have you noticed that I refer to her on a first name basis? This was a huge selling point for me. I felt like just a number at other venues but at Desert, I felt like a family member. Willia knew me, my fiance (ehem, husband) and a lot of my family members by name. You can’t beat the customer service at Desert; seriously, you can’t! Another amazing thing about Desert is that you can rent the plantation for the weekend. You can stay on the property you’re getting married at!!!!! At other places, I could not arrive until a short period of time before the ceremony but I could stay the weekend at Desert-incredible! I was able to cut costs by doing my own flowers & décor since we had the place for the weekend. Besides having a wedding at Desert, staying at the plantation is such a treat. There is a pool and the plantation is so charming & comfortable. I could not be happier with my experience at Desert Plantation and my guests are still telling me how lovely it was. When you’re at Desert, everything else seems to disappear & you are in a wedding wonderland. You can’t beat the beauty and the accommodations. Desert Plantation is so wonderful and the people are better.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter had her wedding at Desert Plantation on 4/21/12 at 6:30 P.M. and it was an absolutely beautiful place to have an outdoor wedding. The big oaks with the moss hanging was one of the deciding factors my daughter had when we drove up the road to view Desert Plantation. Willia & Bill Perkins were great people to work with and were very acccomodating. We also rented the home for the weekend, which was very nice. I would reccomend Desert Plantation to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding or a nice place to stay.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Willia and all the staff at Desert Plantation were AMAZING!!! The house and grounds are breath taking and the service and professionalism was first rate all the way! They are very quick to respond with any questions or concerns and also extremely flexible. I had handicapped as well as diabetic guests and they were more than willing and able to accomodate them. It was wonderful to have not only a beautiful venue but also to have people that actually care about making your day perfect for you! I and all of my guests had a wonderful weekend thanks to Willia and all the staff at Desert Plantation! I highly recommend them to anyone wanting an event to remember.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was so happy to attend a wedding at Desert Plantation recently. I can not wait to go back for a stay. It is so relaxing and so picturesque! I witnessed firsthand how accommodating Mrs. Perkins and staff were. The bride was completely put at ease from the time she and her family got there till the time everyone left. When looking for a wedding venue or family reunion, or just a get a way for yourself, Desert Plantation is the place to be. I cannot wait to go back.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The weekend of my wedding, it poured all day, but they were able to adapt to everything last minute to make it a very memorable night for my husband and I. And we are still getting compliments from our friends and family about how beautiful the plantation was and how nice the staff was.
I would highly recommend desert plantation for anyone looking for a small cozy venue for their big day