Desert Music Entertainment

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

JJ recently DJ'ed our wedding and was wonderful to work with. He helped us with all of our questions and assisted in filling out all of the necessary paperwork for the event. He was even kind enough to offer suggestions and guidance for areas of the event where we had no personal music preferences. At the event he was very professional and made our guests feel welcome. He was very flexible with song requests and kept our event on schedule as the master of ceremony. We could not have been happier with his service. Thanks again JJ!

Desert Music Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Darcy and Robert, thank you for having us as a part of your special day. We really enjoyed providing the musical entertainment for your ceremony and reception. We hope you have many wonderful years together.

Services Used: DJ

JJ was really easy to work with, fun and kept the party going. I can't imagine what it would have been like without this spectacular, seasoned, professional DJ at our wedding. Thank you JJ for your time and effort. We had an absolute blast having you there with us.

Desert Music Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you for having us a part of your 'special' day. It was a beautiful ceremony (a little warm but beautiful.) You and your guests were fun. It was our honor to provide the sound system for your ceremony and the musical entertainment for the reception.

Recently Married

He was very good always kept in contact with me. Amazing at the questionare to get exactly what you want. very happy with my choice. I would definetly recommend. Very happy with how well they did with the crowd

Desert Music Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the nice words. You and your guests were a delight to perform for. I wish you much happiness in your new life together.

Recently Married

JJ as a DJ is like a family tradition for weddings. He did my husband's sister's wedding and also my brother's wedding. We knew from the second we got engaged on who we would choose. I did do my research on other dj's to see what they offered but they all seemed so pushy. JJ worked with me and would always check in on me to make sure I didn't have any concerns. The day of the wedding was a mess, first of all the day before at the rehearsal the venue forgot what day I was getting married on and then the woman running the venue was just a complete bitch for the next 30hours... JJ came in and made sure everything ran smoothly and kept us on schedule as best as he could. It was a huge party and everyone I have talked to since then have said that he had an awesome playlist set up and that it was an amazing party. If I had to do it over again, I would choose JJ over and over again!

Desert Music Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Your wedding was a 'blast,' we really enjoyed being a part of it. We look forward to being a part of more of your family's future events.

Services Used: DJ

JJ was our Dj for our wedding day. He was very quick to respond to all of our questions. He was flexible with some last minute changes. He arrived exactly when he said he was going to. Our guests came up to us and said he was one of the best Dj's. JJ is so sweet and knows the business very well. I would recommend him for a wedding, birthday party, ect... Thank you so much JJ for all your help.

Dawn and Tom Way

Desert Music Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Dawn and Tom, thank you for having us provide the musical entertainment for your 'big' day. It was a beautiful day for a wedding. We were very fortunate to be a part of it.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

JJ was so awesome. Before I hired a wedding planner, I considered him as a wedding planner. He was always checking in with me and answering random questions about planning. For example, he gave me an example day of timeline, which was so helpful in setting up my own. We went over in detail the whole process for the day of and he made sure the venue was in the position to support his sound system for the ceremony. On the day of my wedding, there was a glitch with power on the ceremony site, but he figured it out and saved the music for my ceremony. He made sure to check with me if my guests wanted to play something on my do not play list, which I really appreciated. He went with the flow of the dancing and kept people on the dance floor. I had a great time and I really owe a party atmosphere reception to him. I've been to many terrible and boring receptions and I am so glad I chose JJ for our wedding. JJ is the best! You can't do better!

Desert Music Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. It means a lot to us. You had a small but enthusiastic group of guests that danced all night! I hope you have many years of wedded bliss.

Services Used: DJ

JJ was wonderful! We were apprehensive about having a DJ at our wedding in the beginning but from the first time we met JJ we knew that he would help to make our wedding day be fun and run smoothly. JJ was professional and responsive to the bridal party and guests. Throughout such a hectic day JJ helped to keep myself and my husband on time and to make sure we sincerely enjoyed ourselves. One feature we really thought was convenient is the online wedding account where you are able to go in to select the songs desired for each set of your event and to see the huge music selection available. I would recommend JJ and Desert Music Entertainment to anyone!

Desert Music Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Your wedding was beautiful and the reception rocked. Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review for us.

Services Used: DJ

JJ and Desert Music Entertainment hit it out the park!

During our reception, JJ did an exceptional job reading the crowd and encouraging people to dance at the appropriate times. One thing we noticed that I had never seen a wedding DJ do was turn down the music when people were not dancing. This made it much easier to hear the people you were speaking to and saved our voices from shouting. This is the kind of attention to detail and experience JJ brings to the table and what makes him such a magnificent DJ.

Additionally, my wife and I have very specific tastes in music. I'm a bit of an indie music snob and had a very particular playlist I wanted to hear. JJ was able to get every single song we wanted which could not have been too easy. His flexibility and willingness to work with us really helped simplify the planning process.

Also, while searching for a DJ, we vetted nearly 10 companies and interviewed around 5 DJs. Desert Music Entertainment was by the far the best value and bang for our buck. If I ever need another DJ, JJ and Desert Music Entertainment are the only folks I will work with!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Love JJ (Desert Music Entertainment)!!!!!

I was VERY picky about my wedding DJ - our wedding music was a big priority for me.

He knows all of the fun songs and his planning website is SO helpful...you can preview songs for each stage of your wedding and it's extremely helpful for visualizing everything.

JJ is also extremely knowledgable in various music types and gave me some amazing suggestions for my ceremony. He responded to my emails within 48-hours and was sooo helpful. His Reception Music List had all and more of the songs that I had envisioned. He knows how to get people to dance.

I HIGHLY recommend JJ (Desert Music Entertainment).

Recently Married

Bypass all of the wanna-be DJs at the wedding shows and call J.J. at Desert Music Entertainment. We brought J.J. to Tucson for our daughter's wedding and we could not have been more pleased. He provided the sound systems for the wedding ceremony and the reception. J.J. kept the crowd dancing to tunes chosen by the bride and groom, while being responsible for smooth transitions between the scheduled events (grand entrance, toasts, cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss, pinata, ice cream truck arrival, sparkler exit and fireworks). J.J. was in charge but you would not really know he was there. He is not one of those "in your face" D.J.s that can ruin your event. He is a professional that we would hire again in an instant.

Services Used: DJ

I was hesitatant to pay for a videographer because the prices really intimidated me, but after speaking with JJ Michaels I was beyond excited I made the decision to hire one. From our first conversation, he was so informative about the whole process about what would happen or what I needed to do, and gave a specific timeframe for all events. Having all those details was so relieving. With this business being out of Phoenix and my wedding in Tucson, I was hesitant about the distance. But, again, I was reassured, they had local help and everything came together seamlessly. And probably the best part was that he completely worked with our budget, and trust me it was a very miniscule budget. Deadlines were dead on, promises were kept, and communication was always open with the frequent updates and reminders. If I ever have an event again like this, I would not hesitate to hire this business!!

Services Used: Videography

JJ was the BEST DJ we could have asked for. He was SO organized leading up to the event, as well as on the day. He was really a breath of fresh air. He has an excellent selection of music and allowed us to pick as much music as we wanted. He followed all our requests in terms of how much (or little) we wanted him to speak, and included the music we asked for. My mom also surprised him with a video after she arrived at the event and he catered to her needs, regardless of the technical complexity. (i wouldnt recommend a suprise video, however JJ did it was a positive can-do attitude which was all we could ask for). His pricing was also extremely fair and worth every penny. I highly recommend JJ and wouldnt think twice about hiring Desert Music Entertainment again

1+ year ago

I can't say enough about JJ. His was so professional and fun. The dancing lasted late and the party goers we asking for more! JJ came all the way to Prescott without extra travel charges too.. an added bonus. He is the best!!!

Services Used: DJ

JJ did a great job from start to finish as our DJ. I was very impressed with how professional and responsive he was. He was always very prompt in responding to any of our needs and questions. He also did a great job of balancing different songs and playing music that appealed to all our guests. Great job and thanks again JJ!

1+ year ago

Desert Music Entertainment has been used for our community entertainment for many years. When my fiancé and I began working on all the wedding details, this was a no brainer. We knew that JJ would once again give us a fun filled event. We were not let down. He is excellent at communication prior to and during the event. We will use him again and again because the value, entertainment, and dependability are all EXCELLENT!
Thanks JJ for all our special wedding requests and helping to make our day perfect.

Services Used: DJ

JJ was an awesome DJ. He came highly recommended from our wedding planner and we're so happy we went with JJ. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on the great music JJ provided and that he easily kept the party going. During the planning phase he was great with contacting us and making sure everything was going well and always offered out advice. JJ was wonderful to work with and we highly recommend him.