Desert Music Entertainment

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

He was very good always kept in contact with me. Amazing at the questionare to get exactly what you want. very happy with my choice. I would definetly recommend. Very happy with how well they did with the crowd

Recently Married

JJ as a DJ is like a family tradition for weddings. He did my husband's sister's wedding and also my brother's wedding. We knew from the second we got engaged on who we would choose. I did do my research on other dj's to see what they offered but they all seemed so pushy. JJ worked with me and would always check in on me to make sure I didn't have any concerns. The day of the wedding was a mess, first of all the day before at the rehearsal the venue forgot what day I was getting married on and then the woman running the venue was just a complete bitch for the next 30hours... JJ came in and made sure everything ran smoothly and kept us on schedule as best as he could. It was a huge party and everyone I have talked to since then have said that he had an awesome playlist set up and that it was an amazing party. If I had to do it over again, I would choose JJ over and over again!

Services Used: DJ

JJ was our Dj for our wedding day. He was very quick to respond to all of our questions. He was flexible with some last minute changes. He arrived exactly when he said he was going to. Our guests came up to us and said he was one of the best Dj's. JJ is so sweet and knows the business very well. I would recommend him for a wedding, birthday party, ect... Thank you so much JJ for all your help.

Dawn and Tom Way

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

JJ was so awesome. Before I hired a wedding planner, I considered him as a wedding planner. He was always checking in with me and answering random questions about planning. For example, he gave me an example day of timeline, which was so helpful in setting up my own. We went over in detail the whole process for the day of and he made sure the venue was in the position to support his sound system for the ceremony. On the day of my wedding, there was a glitch with power on the ceremony site, but he figured it out and saved the music for my ceremony. He made sure to check with me if my guests wanted to play something on my do not play list, which I really appreciated. He went with the flow of the dancing and kept people on the dance floor. I had a great time and I really owe a party atmosphere reception to him. I've been to many terrible and boring receptions and I am so glad I chose JJ for our wedding. JJ is the best! You can't do better!

Services Used: DJ

JJ was wonderful! We were apprehensive about having a DJ at our wedding in the beginning but from the first time we met JJ we knew that he would help to make our wedding day be fun and run smoothly. JJ was professional and responsive to the bridal party and guests. Throughout such a hectic day JJ helped to keep myself and my husband on time and to make sure we sincerely enjoyed ourselves. One feature we really thought was convenient is the online wedding account where you are able to go in to select the songs desired for each set of your event and to see the huge music selection available. I would recommend JJ and Desert Music Entertainment to anyone!

Services Used: DJ

JJ and Desert Music Entertainment hit it out the park!

During our reception, JJ did an exceptional job reading the crowd and encouraging people to dance at the appropriate times. One thing we noticed that I had never seen a wedding DJ do was turn down the music when people were not dancing. This made it much easier to hear the people you were speaking to and saved our voices from shouting. This is the kind of attention to detail and experience JJ brings to the table and what makes him such a magnificent DJ.

Additionally, my wife and I have very specific tastes in music. I'm a bit of an indie music snob and had a very particular playlist I wanted to hear. JJ was able to get every single song we wanted which could not have been too easy. His flexibility and willingness to work with us really helped simplify the planning process.

Also, while searching for a DJ, we vetted nearly 10 companies and interviewed around 5 DJs. Desert Music Entertainment was by the far the best value and bang for our buck. If I ever need another DJ, JJ and Desert Music Entertainment are the only folks I will work with!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Love JJ (Desert Music Entertainment)!!!!!

I was VERY picky about my wedding DJ - our wedding music was a big priority for me.

He knows all of the fun songs and his planning website is SO helpful...you can preview songs for each stage of your wedding and it's extremely helpful for visualizing everything.

JJ is also extremely knowledgable in various music types and gave me some amazing suggestions for my ceremony. He responded to my emails within 48-hours and was sooo helpful. His Reception Music List had all and more of the songs that I had envisioned. He knows how to get people to dance.

I HIGHLY recommend JJ (Desert Music Entertainment).

Recently Married

Bypass all of the wanna-be DJs at the wedding shows and call J.J. at Desert Music Entertainment. We brought J.J. to Tucson for our daughter's wedding and we could not have been more pleased. He provided the sound systems for the wedding ceremony and the reception. J.J. kept the crowd dancing to tunes chosen by the bride and groom, while being responsible for smooth transitions between the scheduled events (grand entrance, toasts, cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss, pinata, ice cream truck arrival, sparkler exit and fireworks). J.J. was in charge but you would not really know he was there. He is not one of those "in your face" D.J.s that can ruin your event. He is a professional that we would hire again in an instant.

Services Used: DJ

I was hesitatant to pay for a videographer because the prices really intimidated me, but after speaking with JJ Michaels I was beyond excited I made the decision to hire one. From our first conversation, he was so informative about the whole process about what would happen or what I needed to do, and gave a specific timeframe for all events. Having all those details was so relieving. With this business being out of Phoenix and my wedding in Tucson, I was hesitant about the distance. But, again, I was reassured, they had local help and everything came together seamlessly. And probably the best part was that he completely worked with our budget, and trust me it was a very miniscule budget. Deadlines were dead on, promises were kept, and communication was always open with the frequent updates and reminders. If I ever have an event again like this, I would not hesitate to hire this business!!

Services Used: Videography

JJ was the BEST DJ we could have asked for. He was SO organized leading up to the event, as well as on the day. He was really a breath of fresh air. He has an excellent selection of music and allowed us to pick as much music as we wanted. He followed all our requests in terms of how much (or little) we wanted him to speak, and included the music we asked for. My mom also surprised him with a video after she arrived at the event and he catered to her needs, regardless of the technical complexity. (i wouldnt recommend a suprise video, however JJ did it was a positive can-do attitude which was all we could ask for). His pricing was also extremely fair and worth every penny. I highly recommend JJ and wouldnt think twice about hiring Desert Music Entertainment again

Recently Married

I can't say enough about JJ. His was so professional and fun. The dancing lasted late and the party goers we asking for more! JJ came all the way to Prescott without extra travel charges too.. an added bonus. He is the best!!!

Services Used: DJ

JJ did a great job from start to finish as our DJ. I was very impressed with how professional and responsive he was. He was always very prompt in responding to any of our needs and questions. He also did a great job of balancing different songs and playing music that appealed to all our guests. Great job and thanks again JJ!

Recently Married

Desert Music Entertainment has been used for our community entertainment for many years. When my fiancé and I began working on all the wedding details, this was a no brainer. We knew that JJ would once again give us a fun filled event. We were not let down. He is excellent at communication prior to and during the event. We will use him again and again because the value, entertainment, and dependability are all EXCELLENT! Thanks JJ for all our special wedding requests and helping to make our day perfect.

Services Used: DJ

JJ was an awesome DJ. He came highly recommended from our wedding planner and we're so happy we went with JJ. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on the great music JJ provided and that he easily kept the party going. During the planning phase he was great with contacting us and making sure everything was going well and always offered out advice. JJ was wonderful to work with and we highly recommend him.

Services Used: DJ

DJ JJ did an incredible job! He was beyond organized and even provided a website and checked in periodically to make sure all of my questions and needs were met! He had everyone on that dance floor cutting a rug the whole time, ages 2-85 enjoyed his dance selections and he was great at keeping us on track and ensuring the night ran smoothly. He even offered great song suggestions for the special moments and was able to meet all of my requests. He was absolutely outstanding and kept the party going all night long! Thank you JJ! If you're a bride who doesn't want to worry that their DJ will do a good job, JJ is the guy. He even did trivia to release the tables to the buffet line which my guests had a ball doing. Couldn't be happier!

1+ year ago

We had JJ host our wedding reception and he was perfect! Very professional, affordable and he had a great music line up... as a result we danced the night away, until the place closed down! He was great - would recommend him to any of my friends/family as he helped make our special night even more special!