Desert Music Entertainment

Desert Music Entertainment

We are SO MUCH MORE than just great music!

Phoenix & San Diego
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Love JJ (Desert Music Entertainment)!!!!!

I was VERY picky about my wedding DJ - our wedding music was a big priority for me.

He knows all of the fun songs and his planning website is SO helpful...you can preview songs for each stage of your wedding and it's extremely helpful for visualizing everything.

JJ is also extremely knowledgable in various music types and gave me some amazing suggestions for my ceremony. He responded to my emails within 48-hours and was sooo helpful. His Reception Music List had all and more of the songs that I had envisioned. He knows how to get people to dance.

I HIGHLY recommend JJ (Desert Music Entertainment).

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bypass all of the wanna-be DJs at the wedding shows and call J.J. at Desert Music Entertainment. We brought J.J. to Tucson for our daughter's wedding and we could not have been more pleased. He provided the sound systems for the wedding ceremony and the reception. J.J. kept the crowd dancing to tunes chosen by the bride and groom, while being responsible for smooth transitions between the scheduled events (grand entrance, toasts, cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss, pinata, ice cream truck arrival, sparkler exit and fireworks). J.J. was in charge but you would not really know he was there. He is not one of those "in your face" D.J.s that can ruin your event. He is a professional that we would hire again in an instant.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I was hesitatant to pay for a videographer because the prices really intimidated me, but after speaking with JJ Michaels I was beyond excited I made the decision to hire one. From our first conversation, he was so informative about the whole process about what would happen or what I needed to do, and gave a specific timeframe for all events. Having all those details was so relieving. With this business being out of Phoenix and my wedding in Tucson, I was hesitant about the distance. But, again, I was reassured, they had local help and everything came together seamlessly. And probably the best part was that he completely worked with our budget, and trust me it was a very miniscule budget. Deadlines were dead on, promises were kept, and communication was always open with the frequent updates and reminders. If I ever have an event again like this, I would not hesitate to hire this business!!

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
Services Used: Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JJ was the BEST DJ we could have asked for. He was SO organized leading up to the event, as well as on the day. He was really a breath of fresh air. He has an excellent selection of music and allowed us to pick as much music as we wanted. He followed all our requests in terms of how much (or little) we wanted him to speak, and included the music we asked for. My mom also surprised him with a video after she arrived at the event and he catered to her needs, regardless of the technical complexity. (i wouldnt recommend a suprise video, however JJ did it was a positive can-do attitude which was all we could ask for). His pricing was also extremely fair and worth every penny. I highly recommend JJ and wouldnt think twice about hiring Desert Music Entertainment again

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about JJ. His was so professional and fun. The dancing lasted late and the party goers we asking for more! JJ came all the way to Prescott without extra travel charges too.. an added bonus. He is the best!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

JJ did a great job from start to finish as our DJ. I was very impressed with how professional and responsive he was. He was always very prompt in responding to any of our needs and questions. He also did a great job of balancing different songs and playing music that appealed to all our guests. Great job and thanks again JJ!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Desert Music Entertainment has been used for our community entertainment for many years. When my fiancé and I began working on all the wedding details, this was a no brainer. We knew that JJ would once again give us a fun filled event. We were not let down. He is excellent at communication prior to and during the event. We will use him again and again because the value, entertainment, and dependability are all EXCELLENT!
Thanks JJ for all our special wedding requests and helping to make our day perfect.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JJ was an awesome DJ. He came highly recommended from our wedding planner and we're so happy we went with JJ. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on the great music JJ provided and that he easily kept the party going. During the planning phase he was great with contacting us and making sure everything was going well and always offered out advice. JJ was wonderful to work with and we highly recommend him.

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ JJ did an incredible job! He was beyond organized and even provided a website and checked in periodically to make sure all of my questions and needs were met! He had everyone on that dance floor cutting a rug the whole time, ages 2-85 enjoyed his dance selections and he was great at keeping us on track and ensuring the night ran smoothly. He even offered great song suggestions for the special moments and was able to meet all of my requests. He was absolutely outstanding and kept the party going all night long! Thank you JJ! If you're a bride who doesn't want to worry that their DJ will do a good job, JJ is the guy. He even did trivia to release the tables to the buffet line which my guests had a ball doing. Couldn't be happier!

• Wedding: 03/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had JJ host our wedding reception and he was perfect! Very professional, affordable and he had a great music line up... as a result we danced the night away, until the place closed down! He was great - would recommend him to any of my friends/family as he helped make our special night even more special!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Desert Music Entertainment did a great job at my wedding. JJ was a great DJ and made my reception fun. He had great communication, always emailing and calling to see if I needed anything, and showed up on time and ready to go at my wedding. He was very informative and I loved the online organizer he had to pick songs and outline the wedding details. I also used a videographer through him which they did a great job. The video is awesome and allows me to see everything that happened at my wedding.

• Wedding: 12/05/2013
Services Used: DJ, Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JJ was everything we expected and more. Everyone enjoyed the music he helped us choose and working with him was such a pleasure.

• Wedding: 11/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JJ of Desert Music Entertainment was great, after our first meeting we knew we had found someone with experience to help coach us through our needs.
JJ had alot of helpful hints and suggestions that made our planning so much easier. The website allowed us to browse songs and plan the music from the reception, bridal party introductions to the last dance.
We needed someone that would help to get everyone up and dancing, and provide some entertainment as the evening went on, Desert Music Entertainment did exactly that.
We had selected a very exclusive venue and classy wedding so JJ knew exactly what we wanted and delivered beyond our expectations.
I would highly recommend Desert Music Entertainment to anyone looking for an experienced DJ that delivers more fun and value than expected.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so blessed to have been referred to Desert Music Entertainment. We were told to get in touch with JJ and that he would be able to assist us with whatever our needs were. We met up outside a Starbucks and JJ was extremely professional, knowledgable, and had all the answers. We could tell he was a pro at his job and we felt extremely comfortable with choosing him for our wedding reception.
From start to finish JJ was accommodating. As anyone planning a wedding knows, your brain is all over the place having to attend to so many details. JJ and Desert Music Entertainment made the job so much easier for us. They have a wonderful website that allows you to pick and choose your songs and get all the information to them (song requests, do not play list, wedding reception song list). It was very helpful.
On the actual day of the wedding, JJ was as great as he could be. We didn't have to worry about anything, he took care of it all. He was even accommodating to my best man's 10-minute speech that was done to specific songs that narrated the love story of my bride and I.
He was kind, generous, professional, and all around the best we could have hoped for.
If anyone is looking for an AMAZING DJ, then the people at Desert Music Entertainment need to be your first choice!

• Wedding: 11/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JJ with Desert Music Entertainment MADE MY WEDDING HAPPEN... From the initial planning, to song lists to changing my songs on this poor guy at the last minute, he somehow played everything requested! I will admit, despite all of the planning and organization that we put into our DIY wedding - things kind of fell apart toward the beginning of the Ceremony as people were beginning to arrive... JJ SAVED THE DAY!! When I arrived with the rest of the wedding party, JJ was set up and ready to take control of everything (in a good way!) - he absolutely managed the entire night, kept us on schedule (because we had no idea what we were doing) - JJ made sure that my groom and I knew what to do, when to do it, where to be and who to be/do it with - he was amazing. I gave him an eclectic (polite for difficult) crowd and he absolutely ROCKED the party. Everyone was so impressed with him, that I am still hearing incredibly positive comments about him from our guests. Thank you so much JJ, for everything... His experience really showed with my group - JJ is amazing and handles any obstacles thrown at him with nothing but ease, calm and absolute stealth. Example - my maid of honor had to go do an emergency pick up of some guests an was late for the ceremony - who knew it besides me and JJ? No one... because JJ is absolutely fantastic and he fixed it by smoothly postponing the ceremony, keeping the cocktails flowing and the guests entertained - she arrived and he flowed into the ceremony - no one noticed and I couldn't appreciate his ability to mitigate issues and multi-task more...

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Desert Music Entertainment went above and beyond any expectation I had of a DJ and Videographer. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for excellent entertainment. I had the pleasure of having DJ JJ Michales to entertain my guests and videographer, Mark Kaping to capture all of our memories on video. JJ worked with me for months, making sure every detail was exactly how I wanted it. They traveled to beautiful Flagstaff, AZ where I got married. Since JJ had never been to the venue, he was prepared by bringing an extra set up and came hours before the ceremony started. The ceremony and reception went so smoothly because of JJ keeping us on track with the timeline. Mark was sure to go around to all the guests to get a best wishes message on camera. He was always there to get the perfect angle, but was never in the way. This company was professional, reliable, outstanding, and exactly what you would want for your special day. Thank you Desert Music Entertainment!!!!

Alysa

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Services Used: DJ, Videography
480-967-7333
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment