Delaware Art Museum

Value
Flexibility
7teth25
06/21/2014

Our wedding at the Delaware Art Museum was beyond perfect! Everything from the set up of the tables, linens, to the help with our candy buffet and the politeness of the servers! And Liz Derosier was wonderful!!! Our image of our day was made wonderful and special. Our guests raved about the food (which can be rare at weddings) and enjoyed themselves to the last moment. We were told the Labyrinth was "magical" and we could not have had a more beautiful venue for our day. Thank you for helping us make our day memorable.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Private User
Recently Married

I think the best compliment I can give Liz and DAM is that several of our guests stopped us throughout the evening to tell us that ours was one of (or *the*) nicest wedding they'd ever been to. This was an amazing experience from the very start. Liz DeRosier is an exceptional planner: she patiently answered our questions, brought up points we hadn't thought about, and was always there to remind us about deadlines.

Delaware Art Museum provides a beautiful setting for weddings. And it's a great value: everything is built in to the fee. Venue, food, bar, cake, linens - it's all there. All you need is a photographer and a DJ. This was a huge convenience, as neither of us had time to work with 20 different vendors. When we had some issues with the contracted baker, no worries: Liz graciously allowed us to work with a new one.

The event area for our reception was gorgeous - everything was set up exactly as we had planned. Liz handled a minor crisis (cake topper tumbled off the cake, denting a cake tier and decapitating the bride), and calmly explained everything to us after she had personally fixed everything (we're glad we invested in a backup topper).

The food was delicious, and Liz was extremely accommodating when it came to special dietary requests. She suggested meals that had worked in the past, and our guests weren't disappointed. They're still talking about how good the food was. Enjoy the tasting party!!

The only thing I would have changed was to not open a gallery. Our cocktail hour was held in the sculpture garden, and there are plenty of pieces on view in the common areas. Our guests were having too much fun and never made it to the gallery. It was a small portion of our overall bill, but I would have preferred to give free passes as a wedding favor.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Delaware Art Museum was a wonderful place to have our wedding reception. The venue itself is great not only because of the art, but the grounds of the art museum are beautiful and make for beautiful photographs. The food is excellent, Liz is a phenomenal event planner, and it was an overall wonderful time. They are very accomodating and the price is reasonable. I would highly recommend the art museum for your wedding reception!

Katie
1 Review
11/03/2012

Great venue and fantastic food. Liz was really great and super helpful! I would definitely reccomend the art museum for your reception!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with DAM, especially Liz, was fabulous right from the beginning. Liz was willing to answer all of our questions upfront, schedule several walk-throughs before we signed a contract and even let us sample some of the appetizers before we made a decision. My fiance's main concern was the food, so this last point officially sold us. The food was fantastic. In fact, people are still talking (almost a year later) about the cocktail hour and how amazing the food was. Seriously. Beyond that, the venue was absolutely gorgeous and Liz (and the rest of the staff) was flexible and responsive. Liz was extremely patient with me and quick to rely to emails (which were frequent), giving me helpful answers. There's no way I could have planned my wedding without her help. She even went the extra mile and lent me her easel to use for our escort cards. From the excellent planning and service, to the ease of choosing reception options (with all sorts of extras built in), to the beauty of the venue (several outdoor options), and the quality of the food, I was thrilled with the Delaware Art Museum. Happiest day of my life so far and people are still raving about it!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Delaware Art Museum was such a great venue! From the start we had such an amazing experience working with Liz Derosier. She helped us create the wedding we had invisioned. The price point was an excellent value for the quality of service, the amazing food, flowers, cake, beauty of the venue and the flexibilty with setup. Liz was very responsive with not only me, but also with my family to ensure certain traditions could be arranged and my other vendors. We were able to attend a tasting event that gave us a chance to see how our reception would be, which was fantastic! And on our wedding day, Liz made sure everything went smoothly, if there was any kind of hiccup, I was unaware because she was there to handle it all. We had such an amazing wedding day and the Delaware Art Museum played a huge part in the overall awesomeness of our day. I would highly recommend the Delaware Art Museum as a venue, it's a hidden beauty in Delaware and you will enjoy working with Liz. We look forward to having our anniversary celebration there in the future!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough about how pleased we were with Liz Derosier and the Delaware Art Museum. We planned our wedding in two months, and had very specific requests, as we had a traditional Indian ceremony. Liz made certain that all of our requests were accommodated (including a very specific ethnic menu), and was always available for questions. She was open to handling things in a unique and creative manner, and our wedding and reception were memorable and fantastic. The Delaware Art Museum was very flexible, while many venues often are not. Our cake was created by the pastry chef affiliated with the DAM, and was the best cake I had tasted of all of our cake tastings. The cake was crafted beautifully from my own personal drawing and design, and the flavors were created to our own preference. We are greatful to the DAM and Liz Derosier for all of her patience, accommodations, support in our creative and crazy ideas, and for the wonderful memories that we have of our marriage.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
andmm23
2+ years ago

This is the most beautiful venue I could imagine, and all of my guests thought the same! Also, Liz was a pleasure to work with.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved the venue, unique and beautiful! Working with the event coordinator, Liz, was great, she was responsive and helpful. We were planning the wedding from out of town and Liz worked with our busy schedule so that we could visit the art museum several times while planning the wedding. And Liz was able to accommodate us interviewing DJ's at the venue. It was very convenient that they provide catering and a flower package as well. We were very pleased with the whole experience. The price point was great, especially given the beautiful venue and delicious food. And we have great photos from inside and outside of the venue. If you are getting married in the Wilmington area, definitely check it out.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake