Deb Lindsey Photography

Deb Lindsey Photography

Potomac, MD 20854 | map
Style: Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having Deb as our photographer was absolutely one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding!

I contacted her pretty soon after we got engaged. We felt comfortable with her immediately and really loved her work. She did our engagement pictures well in advance of our wedding and they turned out beautifully. We ended up using engagement pictures for our table numbers, guest book, etc at our wedding!

On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Toni were absolutely amazing. They stayed calm and professional all night and yet it also felt like we were working with friends. I knew that it was just as important for her to get the right shot as it was for us. She does a great combination of posed pictures and candid shots.

She got us a slideshow with pictures two weeks after our wedding (so soon!) and we just LOVE them. Our wedding day was a huge blur for us and Deb has pieced it together with her pictures.

We would absolutely recommend her to anyone and we hope that we can continue to work with her as we (someday) expand our family! :)

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deb was a pleasure to work with from the moment we met her. She was very welcoming at our initial interview and the work she shared with us more than spoke for itself. She was very accommodating during our wedding prep; she met us at the venue to scout good picture spots since it was her first time working there. On the day of the wedding, she really took command and got all of our family pictures (we have a big family) done so our ceremony started on time. She was able to capture so many beautiful shots during the ceremony and did so without interfering in it. She has a tremendous eye for special pictures and there are more than a few such shots in what she delivered. We could not have asked for more from a wedding photographer. Her rates were more than appropriate for her talent level. We encourage anyone looking for a talented, professional photographer to contact Deb.

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a very specific idea of how I wanted my wedding shot. We had a hotel wedding and I know that lighting in hotels is not as bright as outdoor weddings, so I wanted to make sure I got a photographer who knew how to get great photos indoors. From her blog, I knew she had photographed weddings at our venue before and I loved her style of capturing moments.
When we met at her house, Deb was friendly, organized, professional, and very to-the-point. I absolutely loved the way she got straight down to business. I told her that I also intended to have a videographer at the wedding, and we talked about how to manage that. She also worked with me to alter the package to our needs, as we had already done an engagement photo shoot with another photographer and didn't need to do another with her.
We also met before the wedding to discuss the game plan for the day. Deb was great about helping us figure out a timeline for the first look, bride and groom portraits, and group photos. She had wonderful suggestions, and she even went so far as to go to our venue and scout for places to take pictures. On the day of the wedding, she was calm and composed thorough-out, even with my slightly rowdy bridal party. Working with Deb was so easy.
She emailed us a lovely slideshow within less than 3 weeks and within a month had our gallery online. When I requested a picture that she had in black & white to be posted in color, she had it done immediately. She also gave us 4x6 prints of all of our photos, a flashdrive of all of our images in very high quality (with a photo release form so that we can print pictures at our own disposal!), and $100 of credit for printing enlarged photos are her lab.
I highly recommend her for any bride in the DC area.

• Wedding: 05/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deb was amazing. She sat with me and my fiance (at the time) to walk us through her portfolio and answer our questions. Once we booked Deb, she scoped out places for our engagement photo session. What was so nice about Deb was that she wanted the work to be on a personal level. My husband loves fishing and the water. Deb researched some great places to take us for our engagement photos on the water and it meant a lot to us. Deb was extremely responsive over phone and email. She was a pleasure to work with and she is an amazing professional. We trusted Deb completely and let her make a lot of the decisions. In times where we needed some advice, Deb would steer us in the right direction and provide advice. She had an assistant with her on our big day, Mark, and he was PHENOMENAL. The two of them captured some amazing photos that we will always look at as we grow old. Glad Deb was able to capture some of our most precious memories. She is amazing.

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was super impressed with Deb and her other photographer. Both of them showed up on time and got key shots that I wanted to get. They really captured all of the important moments. Deb contacted me a few days prior to go over the key things at the wedding and also went and scoped out my venues ahead of time. She took the pictures I wanted to take and was fantastic to work with! I recommend Deb to all my friends. I plan on using her for family photos one day as well. She is very good, hence the higher price of her photos. She really takes her time and picks out the most perfect light to shoot her photos.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deb will give your wedding her personal attention, capturing the story of your special day and creating incredible photographs. Every important moment of our wedding was captured in such a beautiful way. Over the course of the few months before the wedding she was informative, flexible and open to all of our ideas. I cannot wait to use her again as a photographer to capture other important milestones in my life!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very satisfied with the photography service provided. Would use them again in the future.
Thanks

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

One word: WOW! I believe the photographer is the most important part of the wedding (except for the couple of course!) The pictures are all you have left after your wedding so it was important to me to have the best photographer in D.C. We found that in Deb! She is very laid back and all about light. Knowing very little about photography, I didn’t realize how important the light is. First, she shot our engagement pictures. Neither my husband nor I are fans of having our picture taken so she had her work cut out for her. When I went into the shoot I expected we’d end up with one, maybe two photos that looked nice, not because of Deb, but because we were nervous and uncomfortable. When our photos came back, there were too many to choose from! Deb made us feel comfortable and is so fantastic that she made us look great and you couldn’t even tell we were nervous.

Our wedding photos turned out even more fantastic. She recommended that we take our photos before the wedding because it would be dark out after our ceremony (our wedding was in Dec.). We could not have been happier with how the photos came out! She was with us almost the entire day/night and truly captured our wedding day from beginning to end. Friends and family have told us our photos are the best they’ve ever seen and several comments were made that it is amazing how she captured how happy we were. The best part: after the posed photos were taken, we didn’t even notice her or her assistant for the rest of the night! Deb is the best!

• Wedding: 12/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I knew we wanted to use Deb for our wedding as soon as we met her. Her background in photo journalism is a clear advantage. She tells a story through her photos and her experience as a sports photographer/editor for the Washington Post means she knows how to capture action. We felt comfortable with Deb immediately and were even more excited to see our wedding photos after we received the proofs of our engagement session. The wedding photos were better than we had even imagined they would be. We selected the package with an additional photographer and definitely found have an extra lens, so to speak, made a difference. Best of all, we never knew they were there. What comes through in each photo is the love and joy in the day--in our faces and those of our guests. My younger brother died two months before our wedding. My Dad was so devastated we were afraid he might not make it to our wedding day. (My Dad is in his early 80s.) After he and I finished our father-daughter dance we hugged, and Deb caught the most amazing shot of him smiling over my shoulder. After the anguish of my brother's death I didn't think I'd ever see such joy on my father's face. Thinking about it makes me tear up and it is a photo that I will treasure for a lifetime.

• Wedding: 12/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were a bit obsessive looking for our wedding photographer, looking through the portfolios of over 150 different DC area photographers. We were willing to pay a little extra for a photographer, who could produce high-quality, warm, candid photos without overly staging poses, veering into cheesyland or overusing Photoshop. Deb fit our criteria perfectly.

Deb was easy to work with. After our initial agreement, we worked with her to decide the locations of the engagement session and first-looks. We planned our wedding remotely from Atlanta and ended up relying on Deb's knowledge of DC to help select locations for our engagement session and in particular, our first-look session. (Deb let us know that our first choice, Georgetown Waterfront Park, was under construction at the time and we ended up going with Deb's recommendation of the lovely National Cathedral).

Deb's working style is more "fly-on-the-wall", rather than "stand-here, turn your head to the left." Admittedly, this took a bit of getting used to, especially during our engagement session, but we much preferred this style over overly involved, get-in-the-way photographers. Most importantly, we were very happy with our photos. Especially with our wedding photos, we have a collection of posed and candid shots, that we really, really like.

Deb offers a few set packages, but was flexible about slightly customizing it to what we needed. We went with: Final high-res edited digital photos on dvd from engagement photo session, ceremony and reception. 6-mo display of photos on her website (with prints available for ordering). 4x6's print-outs of all of our wedding ceremony and reception photos. The photos were available, pretty quickly after each event: ~2-3 weeks, with a few preview photos available even earlier.

All in all, we were happy that we selected Deb and would select her again if we were to do it all over again.

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Love love love love LOVE Deb Lindsey and her assistant Toni. We couldn't be happier with our pictures, even though we were married in the middle of Hurricane Irene and were sad that all our pictures would have to be indoors (thank goodness we picked a stunning venue)! Deb is very responsive, attentive, and her work is top quality (even my husband the photographer was impressed!) I would recommend her to ANYONE!!!!

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deb was extremly easy to work with and professional and we are so lucky that she was able to shoot our engagement and wedding. We love how the photos tell the story of our wedding and have received many raving compliments about them from friends and family.

ESBinDC
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deb Lindsey did an amazing job photographing my daughter's wedding. We had two ceremonies, and she was flexible in photographing both of them, rather than doing one ceremony and an engagement session. Her assistants were also incredible, and we love the resulting photos. Her strength is in the candid photos particularly, rather than the posed portraits, which she told us from the beginning. She also did a great job of being as inobtrusive as possible.

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deb was fantastic! She came highly recommended from friends who used her for their wedding. It was a no brainer to book her after seeing their pictures, meeting her and seeing the rest of her portfolio. We booked the package that included an engagement shoot,and I would definitely recommend that for all couples. It's a great way to get to know your photographer better and feel more comfortable with a camera before the big day. Both the engagement and wedding pictures turned out fabulous! I love them all so much, it's going to be hard to choose which ones we want for our album. Deb makes you feel comfortable from day one, she's very responsive to questions and ideas, and has such a calming presence on the actual wedding day that you know you're in good hands. I'm still amazed at how she was able to capture every moment. I can remember the exact emotion I was feeling in every picture. We will have these pictures for a lifetime and we can't thank Deb enough for capturing such a special day in our lives!

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I booked Deb for our engagement and wedding photography. We were both very impressed with her professionalism and attention to detail...which showed when we received our proofs. She managed to captured the emotion between us and we now have incredibly memorable images from our wedding!

• Wedding: 10/10/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deb did an amazing job photographing our wedding day. She was very thoughtful in the planning and helping decide what shots would look good and spent time explaining her methods and how she tries to capture every moment! The photos were wonderful and were a good value for the price. Her expertise truly shines in the photos.

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
202-412-8909
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards