davidjstudios photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I found out about David from this website here! I read through review after review and everyone raved about him! I couldn't find anyone that had any negative comments to say. After my experience with him, everyone was right!
What I wanted in a photographer (other than being in budget) was someone who could take charge of the day. I didn't have to worry about where to go or how to pose!
We had David and Katlyn to be with us for the big day. I loved having two photographers, there were so many other angle shots I was not aware were being taken that i ended up LOVING!
David is very attentive to detail and wants to be sure you look your best for every shot. made sure your hair was just right, necklace is flipped the right way, girls are in place, etc....
Well before the wedding, I saw David at a bridal show and he even helped me find a person to do my invitations! He is open to any ideas you have, wants to be sure to do anything the couple wants! I wanted to do a long exposure pictures with the fireworks, and i LOVED how great they turned out.

He takes his job seriously, but defiantly has a great sense of humor and keeps things fun. My whole family loved working with him. So much so that my sister and her fiance booked David for their wedding next May!

Services Used: Photography

David was the first photographer that we met with, and after the first meeting at his office ... we knew we didn't need to go to anywhere else. My wife and I are pretty laid back people, but were pretty clueless when it came to how to pose or what look we wanted in our pictures. David was very accommodating and told us how to pose and even if it felt funny or uncomfortable, it would look great on camera-He was sure right! After our engagement session and the meetings we had, we were very comfortable being with David on our wedding day. All of our meetings and sessions left us feeling happy and that he really knows what he is doing. He is very professional, but knows how to keep it light and fun. On our wedding day Katlyn was our second photographer and she was amazing as well! Be confident in knowing that they will be prepared for whatever happens on your wedding day. We had rain on our wedding day, which actually let to one of our favorite pictures that captured us and our reflection in a long puddle-Its absolutely beautiful! They also do a great job of coordinating with other people involved in the wedding (aka DJ, Venue staff, Family, ...everyone). He makes sure that everyone is on the same page and that he is ready for to take pictures when things are happening. David made sure we stayed on time and kept to our schedule, which really helped us relax! They also had perfect timing on having our pictures ready to view when we returned from our honeymoon! If you are looking for a professional, passionate, prepared, and fun photographer who takes great quality photos, then book with David!
Thank you again David and Katlyn!

Services Used: Photography

I visited quite a few photographers and we would talk for awhile and then when I asked if he/she would be the photographer the day of the wedding, they would tell me I would meet the photographer about 2 weeks prior to the ceremony. When I called David, we talked on the phone and I really liked him. I asked him if he would be my photographer the day of the wedding and was tickled pink when he said yes! He met with my husband and I a couple of times before we did the engagement session. He was very professional yet fun at the same time. Our engagement session was beautiful and he made sure we went at the right time of day to make the most of the STL downtown backdrop. The day of the wedding, he kept us on track from the time we left mom and dad's house to get to the church, to getting pictures done at the park and then on to the reception. Once at the reception, he also made sure things flowed smoothly and that things got started on time. I viewed the pictures he had taken and absolutely loved some of the candid shots more than the posed! Those moments when you don't think anyone is looking yet he managed to capture them and they're gorgeous! We wanted to make sure we got what we paid for when it came to the photographer because you can't go back and redo it and it's something you have to look back on for years to come. We definitely got more than what we paid for. From beginning to end David was great to work with and I would recommend him to anyone! He captured our story beautifully!

Services Used: Photography

What an amazing job David and Katelyn did on our wedding photography!
We have amazing photos, and our photographers kept our whole event running smoothly.
David was my hero more than once on my wedding day, From forgetting my veil to my necklace breaking, he had it all covered!
He had a veil there before the ceremony began, and the necklace was also taken care of on time!
I have to tell you ladies I do not consider myself a photogenic person in the least, and on top of being and older bride I was scared of what our photos and album would turn out like.
David and Katelyn did an amazing job not only keeping everything running smoothly but they also kept everything laid back and enjoyable (he even got my teenage son to smile in the photos!!!)
We have some really amazing photos of our special day, and our wedding album is so great that I, yes I show off the pictures!
They did a spectacular job creating the most beautiful wedding day memories that we could of asked for.
We were so happy with our wedding photos that we also used them for my Daughters Senior pics,
DavidJStudios will be our only Family Photographer hands down!
Thank you so much for everything, Love you guys!!!! XOXOX

Services Used: Photography

As a groom I would recommend DavidJ Studios for your wedding day photography. He took the time to get to know me and my wife before the big day with an engagement photo session and just a couple of meetings at his office. When the wedding day arrived we had full confidence that not only would he take great pictures but also keep the day running smoothly and on time. He allowed my groomsmen and myself to cut loose and have fun, we never felt like we took pictures all day. He kept a quick pace about everything which allowed all of the bridal party to actually have a good time between the wedding and the reception. Once at the reception he kept the DJ and banquet hall organized on how WE wanted the evening to go. We trusted him with this since we actually spent time with him and he understood what and when we wanted things to happen. He captured the most special day of my life perfectly and was a big part of making sure we had a fun and a memorable day.

Jamie,

Thank you my good man for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback on our photography services for your wedding.

Katlyn, Katlyn, for sure. We will see you around the STP in the future.

Best of the Best to you and Mary Beth. Make sure you tell her how special she is everyday.

David.

Services Used: Photography

David and his team were very knowledgeable and proficient at their job. We are beyond happy with the quality of the products and services that they provided. I would recommend them to anyone.

Services Used: Photography

I loved working with David J Studios. They were so easy to work with and made me feel so comfortable working with them. All of our questions were answered. Even when we had suggested poses and/or example photos that we wanted to recreate. They were honest about whether the photos would look good or bad. We also had questions about lightening since we had an outdoor evening ceremony and reception. Our photographers on the day of our wedding were awesome. We have some very amazing wedding photos! Thank you so much for beautifully capturing our very special day!
Elizabeth & Lowell

Elizabeth and Lowell,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts in this forum for other engaged couples to see and read.

Thank you too, for looking, then choosing, the right photographer who had the knowledge, experience, and the right tools to capture all of your day and evening at the Chaumette Winery and Barn.

We appreciate your choosing us for your wedding day. Our entire staff was excited about working for you and delivering beyond your expectations. Still love that night star shot of you too. Wonderful expression of love between you two.

Thanks again, and do keep in touch.

Warmest Regards,

David, Katlyn, and Jerry.

Services Used: Photography

We all know weddings are expensive... even when you are trying to be frugal. My eyes popped out of my head every time my wife told me how much something was going to cost. I finally had to say, "I'll help in any way possible but I don't need to know about any more of the prices..." Hah!
In my opinion, hiring David and his staff was one of the best decisions and expenditures that we made for our wedding. Their abilities combined with their high level of professionalism left me stunned. David asked all of the right questions and also had answers to ALL of our questions (which were many). If I was to make a recommendation of a wedding photographer to a friend, I would tell them to look up David J Studios... it would simply be a no-brainer.
My wife and I are so extremely happy with the photos. We have received many compliments on them. Many guests specifically mentioned how nice David and his staff were. We agree and hope that you will feel the same way (should you choose David). Bottom line: If you are looking for a wedding photographer in the Saint Louis metro area, Look No Further.

Dan,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments for others to see and read. Glad too, as nervous as you were about all of the expenditures, that you recognized the Value we offer to our couples.

We do go out of our way to share our knowledge and experiences with every couple, and are there to help whenever we can.

You and Leslie are a very cute, funny, and wonderful couple. A perfect match so to speak.

We continue to wish the very best for both of you as you grow in your relationship as husband and wife.

Do keep in touch.

Warmest regards,

David

Services Used: Photography

Let me start by saying I HATE having my picture taken. I was so worried about pictures on my wedding day! David helped take some (ok almost all) of that worry away. He had numerous suggestions and you can tell from talking with him that he knows his business. He is very upfront and honest and has a great sense of humor.

David took the time to listen to all of our concerns and get to know my husband and I so that our pictures would have that personal touch.

David also helped keep everything on track that day. I don't think we could have asked for or found a better photographer. I would not hesitate to recommend David to anyone I know that is looking for a great photographer.

I could keep going about how super awesome David J Studios is but I'll stop here and just say that if you want someone who knows his business and who takes beautiful pictures please give David a call.

Services Used: Photography

David was wonderful during every aspect of our wedding, from the initial planning to finalizing our wedding album. My husband and I really had no idea what we were doing during the planning process, and David was incredibly helpful by giving us suggestions and ideas. His input ultimately made our wedding run much more smoothly. He went above and beyond the day of the wedding-- between finding lost flowers and keeping the DJ in line, it wouldn't have been nearly as perfect without his help. We are so thrilled with our pictures and album. We got them in a very timely manner and can't wait to show them to our friends and family. I highly recommend you choose David as your wedding photographer!

Services Used: Photography

David was very helpful throughout the planning process. He was always responsive and willing to talk/meet whenever we had questions. He did a good job of making subtle suggestions that my wife and I probably would have never even considered. On the day of the wedding, he did a good job of getting quality photos without being intrusive in any way. He also was a big help logistically, and the without this the wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did. Working with David was an all around great experience and I would definitely recommend him for others.

Services Used: Photography

As the parents of the groom, we were very pleased with David's work and his assistant. David specifically worked with our family prior to the wedding while his assistant worked with the bride and her family. It made the amount of time spent on picture taking very efficient and personal. Both worked before the wedding, during the ceremony and during the reception to make sure we obtained every desired shot. We have also been very pleased with the quality and selection of the final photographs.

Janice,

Thank you for sharing your comments as the Mother of the Groom. We really enjoyed working with Daniel and Sydney, as well as both families, throughout the day.

It was indeed a emotional fun filled day. Thank you and Danny for making us feel welcomed and part of the gang so to speak. We hope to see you and the family in the years to come. Maybe that family photo soon?

Best to all,

David

Services Used: Photography

David and the staff at David J Studios were wonderful to work with. We were shown great examples, provided with suggestions and lists, so were able to easily define what we wanted. David was a fun photographer, and was very flexible on location working with the whims of the bridal party. We would definitely recommend him to others!

Services Used: Photography

I got married in May, Dave by far was the best and only option for our wedding. I wouldn't of gone w anyone else. He is a great great guy and a very talented photographer. We couldn't of asked for anything more. There are so many wonderful things to say but too little space.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I absolutely loved working with David. Every picture was beautiful as well as the album. Every time we met with David, we felt at ease and knew that he would take care of the pictures knowing that they would turn out great. David was also very flexible with our schedules and was able to work with what was convenient for both of us! I would recommend David J Studios to anyone. It was a fantastic experience and will definitely contacting him for our maternity and baby pictures when the day comes!

Services Used: Photography

David J. did a great job photographing our wedding. We are so happy with the pictures, and the album is beautiful. He is a true professional and made sure to capture all the moments that were important to us. I would highly recommend David J. Studios to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. He went above and beyond to ensure our day went smoothly, even offering suggestions during the planning process.