davidjstudios photography
images with imagination
4979 Ambs Road
Saint Louis, MO 63128  | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.8/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Coming into this wedding game not knowing what we were doing, i stumbled upon David J studios and ended up Very happy. They are quick to help with all the questions and planning we needed but were very accommodating. They helped us find shooting locations that fit our styles and made every thing comfortable.
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David J Studios did a great job on our wedding photos. He is very organized and takes charge and keeps things to a schedule and it took a lot of the stress off of us on the day of the wedding. He takes the time to make sure that you have all the photos that you want on your wedding day. He gets the true shots and gets to know who you are and takes the photos that most represent you as a couple. He was so much fun and kept us very relaxed. David is very helpful and will guide you along the way to make sure you are very satisfied with your pictures. He gives great suggestions but never pushes you towards anything and reminds you that these are your pictures and you need to be happy with what you have. It was extremely wonderful to be able to go in and talk to the person that will be taking your photos instead of getting any photographer that another company would just provide for you. He was very professional and kept things moving. I would highly recommend David for any professional photographs that you may want done.
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Parents of the Bride. Our daughter got married at Busch Stadium on the hottest day of the year. Justin and Stefanie were very pleased with the photos and the professionalism of David J Studios. As the parents of the bride we were very pleased in how he treated Stefanie. From the details of the contract to the finished wedding album that we are very pleased with. The entire experience with David was great. The grounds crew at Busch Stadium started to water the infield right after the ceremony which caused the photo session to be delayed. With this set back David kept his cool and worked through the issue as a professional.

The engagement photos at the Gateway Arch were wonderful. He made Justin and Stefanie feel at ease during the photo shoot and you can tell by how the pictures came out. Awesome!

The reception was wonderful. The Hyatt Regency downtown worked very well with David J Studios. David took amazing pictures from beginning to end. He caught every important photo shot possible. We had a great experience working with David J Studios and would highly recommend them to anyone.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was extremely professional and very open to any ideas that we had for photos. He also brought along his years of experience and was able to capture our evening perfectly. I'm sure it must be difficult for anyone to handle so many guest for family photos, but David did it with ease and grace. He organized and professionally handled everything. I can't tell you how many of my guests came up to me and complimented David as our photographer. If I had to do it over again, I would take David as my photographer in an instant!
Mrs. M,

Your kind words and feedback are greatly appreciated. I really enjoyed working with you, Mr. Ball and Chain, Mr. Kilt, Grandpa, and all or your family and friends. Thank you for making us feel so welcomed throughout the evening.

Sincerest regards,

Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WOW...amazing photographer...As mother-of-the-bride I was not sure if I would even get through this day without a major breakdown! With Dave's help we made it with no problems!!! He told us tips for everything!!! It was an amazing day! When we got the album back I literally sat and looked at it for hours! It is the best book that I have ever seen. We were so excited about the pictures that we have an appointment for maternity pictures already!!! Can not wait to see those also!!! Thanks Dave you were amazing!!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the groom (Stephen): From the groom (Stephen): All of our consultations with Dave prior to the wedding were seamless. He made sure we had everything in order and that we weren't missing or forgetting anything so our wedding day would be as perfect as possible. The groomsmen and I had the pleasure of spending the morning of the wedding day with Kaitlin. She showed up on time and was super friendly. She took some photos of all of us getting ready and was great in helping us set up poses for shots of just the guys just prior to the ceremony. We didn't have too many ideas for what types of poses or where to take the pictures, and Kaitlin was great with getting all of that together. Once the ceremony started, Dave worked directly with the DJ in queuing him in on when to start what songs. He and Kaitlin took so many great photos during the ceremony without a hiccup. After the ceremony he took us to some great locations in Forest Park that I had never known existed. The spots were awesome. Another thing that Dave was absolutely wonderful with, was keeping the bride assured that everything would be great. She spent a lot more time having fun that worrying that everything would be perfect. At the reception he made sure that everyone was present when they needed to be for a dance or speech. Any pictures that we had requested with family members that we didn't get right after our ceremony, he made sure that those were taken care of. Everything was done in a fun manner as well. There was no "ordering" people around or anything like that. Dave might as well been a close friend with a camera the whole time. He made everyone so comfortable. One of my groomsmen even made it a point to get a picture with him! The overall experience from DavidJStudios couldn't have gone any better. And to top it all off, our photos were ready to view on the website only a couple of days after the wedding, our prints were ready in only a couple days and our album is amazing!
Stephanie and Steven,

Wow, appreciate your wonderful compliments and comments on our photography work for your wedding and reception. Love the Cardinals and baseball theme, only wish the fields would have been unlocked for the guys. I am glad we were able to connect so well throughout the planning process and the actual wedding day. You too, both of you, did a great job!, and yes, you did make us feel as if we were part of the family. Thank you.

The trust and confidence you had in us really pushed us to meet or exceed all of your expectations, and after reviewing the day, your photographs, your album, and your reviews here, I am pleased we succeeded, and that you are pleased. Would not accept anything less for any of our couples. We love pushing the boundaries in photography and design skills to achieve results that are spectacular.

Give me a call when the new ballplayer is due and we will spend some time together and capture the best of your growing family. Looking forward to it.

Talk to you soon, best regards,

• Flexibility:  5.0
From the Bride (Stephanie): Our overall experience was wonderful! It was everything we could have asked for out of a photographer. We had 2 photographers for the entire day, Dave and Kaitlin. Dave spent the morning with us girls and Kaitlin met up with the guys. Both were promptly on time and ready to go. Dave was so helpful in setting our poses and capturing every moment of the day. When it was time for the ceremony, both photographers were set up to capture the best shot (which they did) and really helped keep the flow of our ceremony going, not having to create any stoppages to get a shot. Dave was very instrumental in getting our family members together for post ceremony pictures, and followed the list we gave him for requested shots to a "T." Both photographers were wonderful in keeping the mood light during a hot day. Everyone in the wedding party raved how great our photographer was. During the ceremony, again, Dave was very instrumental in making sure that the best shots were taken, that parents were present and ready for the dances as well as the rest of the wedding party. Only a few days after our wedding day, our photos were on their website, ready to view. We received our prints only a couple days after we ordered them, and they all looked great. The highlight of our pictures and prints came from our wedding album. We ordered the 11x14 wedding album with the photo canvas cover. It is BEAUTIFUL! Everyone who has seen our album has said that they've never seen anything like it and that they absolutely love it! When it comes time for baby pictures, rest assured, we'll be going back to davidjstudios!
Stephanie and Steven,

Talk to you soon, best regards,

nicole 5 Reviews
Would give him a 20 out of 5. HE took beautiful pictures. Worked with us amazingly during a rain out for engagement pictures and a rain out on my wedding day. The pictures were so pretty. And he did above and beyond taking charge of pretty much being a free wedding coordinator so we could enjoy our day. He took care of everything and even offered to make a stop at Walmart to buy a football when we misplaced ours.
davidjstudios photography responded with the following comments:
Mr. Silly here, give my girl a special little hug.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts for others to see and read. Your feedback is so special to me as I felt we made a great connection, both as your photographer, and personally.

Keep in touch and we hope to see you again as your family grows. Call me whenever.

Sincerely,

Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David J Studios was great to us. Dave was willing to help with the planning process in any way he could. He made suggestions when we were unsure on what to do and made sure that we would be happy with what we decided. He obviously has a lot of experience with weddings and he seems to know what works and what doesn't.

On the day of the wedding he helped coordinate everything. This took a lot of stress off of us because we knew that Dave would make sure the flowers were in the right spot and that the best man knew when to give his speech. He made sure to make his way across the reception to capture everything of importance.

The end result was incredible. Our wedding album is beautiful. Everyone we show it to compliments the quality and layout of the book. We have all of the photos on DVDs so we can make prints in the future and post them on Facebook.

We were very satisified with David J Studios' service and professionalism. If we had to redo our wedding, there are definitely some things we would change, but we our choice in photographers is not one of them.
davidjstudios photography responded with the following comments:
Hi guys, hope all is well at the farm and married life.

Thank you for such a thoughtful review. We strive to make a connection with every couple and you guys made it so easy. Love your approach and attitude to all that was happening. All went spectacularly. Helping you achieving your perfect day was simply my goal! Your photos were magnificent and I truly enjoyed working with you both, and all of the family.

Best regards, and call us when the first little one is on the way.

Wishing you the best!
Wedding: 05/18/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Dave did an amazing job. We had to make arrangements quickly since my son's bride had just gotten in town from the Philippines. This was their American wedding (we called it a Marriage Blessing) -they had a very large wedding in the Philippines. Dave was very professional and took into account what we wanted. I appreciated that Dave quickly got the photos into our hands after the ceremony. He took a great variety of shots, and even made a not-so-attractive venue look good in the ceremony shots. His close-up shots were great and creative too-as the mother of the groom I was happy to have these photos for our family and also photos that the bride could send back to her family in the Philippines. I also appreciated that Dave was very unobtrusive -we hardly knew when he was taking the photos. We were very pleased with all of our photos. I also recognized that Dave did the sorting-he didn't just give us all the photos, but made sure every photo we looked at was cropped and/or edited. Dave did his homework too. We were able to meet with Dave ahead of time and go over a list of all the photos that we wanted to be taken. Dave was also flexible when we requested a photo to be taken on the day of the venue. We loved his great service, flexibility, and his prices were affordable. We give him 5 stars.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David J Studios did an amazing job on my wedding! They are personal and not just business. We had some issues with one of our tuxes not being ready the day of our wedding and David stepped in and handled it for me! He also cooled the air when we had some "hot heads" while we were trying to take bridal shots! David J Studios went above and beyond photography! The pictures were amazing and we received them quickly! Thank You so much for keeping my day under control and capturing it for us to look back on! We love our album and so has everyone we have shown!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were very pleased with the overall service and quality of product. The morning of the wedding, it was reassuring to hear the photographer say that he will take care of the timeline and ensure things go as planned. It took a ton of weight off my shoulders that day and I didn't have to worry about anything. He is very detailed oriented and takes pride in his work. It is amazing the difference a professional photo looks compared to an average photo. It is worth spending a little more money on a professional photographer as these are your memories of one of the best days of your life. He also took special requests of group photos at reception. We have received numerous compliments on our photos and the photo album turned out fantastic. Other recent brides that we know couldn't believe that our photographer put together our album for us, including design and picking out the photos. And just picking out photos that we wanted to order was hard enough as there were too many great pics to choose from.
Carolyn and Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments for other couples to see and read. You guys were a blast, from the Rodney Dangerfield looks, (being the cool dude), to the nervous bride, who once she saw her "man", relaxed and took it all in. Glad we were a part of this with you and we were able to take the weight off of your shoulders. For us, it was neat to see and capture those important moments.

Thanks too for emphasizing the importance of hiring an experienced and professional photographer. I hope folks will heed your advice and not settle for less on such an important day.

Glad you loved your album. Telling your story in photos is so important, and we take pride in the fact that we get to know our couples that well, it makes our task a bit easier when creating your storybook album. You just have to have those little details photos when telling the complete story.

Best wishes to the both of you in the days and years ahead. Do keep in touch and let us know whenever we can be of help again.

Kindest regards,

Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David j studios was awesome. We could not have had a better photographer for our wedding day. He was just like one of the family. somebody you have always known. He made our day very special and memorable. Everybody had nothing but great things to say about him and thought he was great. We had such a great time working with. Well I shouldn't say work because he made everything so easy and knew what we wanted and he threw his own touch in there and made that day so much more special. We would recommend him to anyone. If we ever need any pictures taken in the future he will be the one doing them.
davidjstudios photography responded with the following comments:
!! S I L V I A !!, the most important cheer that was heard throughout the day. Thanks you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our photography services for others to see.

We really had a fantastic time with everyone....so much fun, making it easy for us to capture those memorable shots of you guys, and family.

Best wishes as you guys move forward as husband and wife...can't wait to show you your wedding album once we get it completed. Soon, I promise.

Keep in touch, and again, thank you.

davidjstudios.com
Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We feel great to have David to be our photogrpher, since he is nice, organized, and professional. He also has experience in weddings that embody some Asian style details. It is very touching when he was practicing how to say hello and smile in Chinese, and it is even more touching that he learnt to say our parents' names in Chinese. It was hot on the wedding date, but David was very patient and professional. And the photos turn out to be great. We really love the photos, which capture the best memories of our wedding. Thank you so much, David.
davidjstudios photography responded with the following comments:
Jieting and Han Yuan, Thank you for sharing your comments for others to see and understand how much we do care....it is the little things that matter. You guys were the best and we really enjoyed getting to know you both during the time we spent together. Your families are great fun as well....loved getting to know them and pronounce their names correctly.

Please give my regards to all....

与很多的感谢和良好的祝愿

(I hope I got that right - with much thanks and best wishes)

Wedding: 06/17/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As the mother of the bride, I was totally satisfied and happy with the services of David J Studios. David came to our home on the day of the wedding and he set the tone for the day. He was relaxed and made us all relaxed as well. David made our wedding day fun. He was full of ideas for great photos and he was more than happy to take the photos that we requested. The pictures of my daughter's wedding turned out fantastic! He captured the special moments with great expertise. David was not only the photographer. He helped us with programs and many little hints on how to make our day the best. His experience and suggestions were greatly appreciated. I highly recommend David J Studios.
Eileen,

You are the tops on my list. Thanks for sharing your feelings and opinions for others to see and read. We really do love what we do, and always make the extra effort to keep everyone happy, and relaxed.

Thanks too for sharing your home with us, and allowing for some furniture rearranging to get those great photos of Susie in her dress, awesome background with the window!! Tell Ken thanks to for all his help.

Kindest regards, I look forward to our keeping in touch in the years ahead.

Wedding: 06/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David, let me just say that you are amazing! When my husband and I first met with you we knew right away that we wanted to work with you and we are so glad we did! You had so many wonderful suggestions and you were always helpful, respectful, and professional. From the engagement session (which I couldn't believe how much fun we had), to the wedding and reception, you made each experience a delight. Despite some of the "rougher" spots during our wedding (you know what I mean ^_^) you were able to take matters into your own hands, making the day just that much easier and carefree for us, even to the point of going and finding our florist!
You were more than just a professional to us; you became a friend, and to have you swing dance at our reception just made it that much more wonderful. Now if only we had thought to grab a camera then!
You and your crew are wonderful, and we hope to work with you again in the very near future.
With Love, Hannah and Mike
Hannah and Mike,

You guys are terrific...and I'm glad you did not have a camera to catch me swing dancing with Toby, mind you it was after we were off the clock, but somebody had to swing with her.

The nervousness each of you had as you were each getting ready was fun to capture, the 14 minutes until you could see your LOVE, and then you would be OK, was tops on my list. The most natural excitement and wonder of your expressions were priceless.

Sharing your thoughts and feelings here for others to read and understand how we conduct ourselves is much appreciated. We love what we do.

Thanks for allowing us to participate in your wonderful wedding day, and getting to know both of you so much. New friends for sure.

Wedding: 06/10/2012
 314-892-3922
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire