davidjstudios photography
images with imagination
4979 Ambs Road
Saint Louis, MO 63128  | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.8/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
David J. did a great job photographing our wedding. We are so happy with the pictures, and the album is beautiful. He is a true professional and made sure to capture all the moments that were important to us. I would highly recommend David J. Studios to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. He went above and beyond to ensure our day went smoothly, even offering suggestions during the planning process.
Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was very happy with the photography that David J. provided. He was extremely personable we decided right away that we were going to select him as our photographer. We are very happy with the wedding album.
Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I remember my wife saying she had a good feeling about David after her initial phone call with him to set up our consultation. After sitting down with David for five minutes our choice of a photographer became very clear and easy. David was the only photographer we met with (and there were many) that took the time to find out what we envisioned instead of telling us what we/he could do. My wife and I were not looking to duplicate something that others had already done or things that had been done time and time again. We wanted our own personal experience and something that was unique to us and would tell our story. David helped us hit a home run. Step by step from the engagement pictures to the wedding reception David went above and beyond to make our day go smoothly. When I say above and beyond I really mean it. From a last minute weather problem that caused us to find a new location to shoot pre-ceremony photos, to a wardrobe malfunction with my tuxedo pants, David was right there with the solution every time. By the time we sat down to finalize our wedding album (which was amazing) we felt like we were sitting down with a friend we had known for years. If you are looking for a professional experience with someone who has the unique ability to listen to what you want and make it happen David is the photographer for you.

Craig A. Brennell
Craig, aka Ted,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, for others to see and read.

Throughout the months we worked together, it was always a pleasure to hear from you or your bride, figure out solutions to things, (save the dates), and make it so that the two of you were satisfied with the results.

I must say, it was the first time I ever had to fix the grooms pants so they would stay on. Glad my toolbox was handy.

As you know, from the outset, our goal was to provide our expertise and suggestions to help make your day the best it can be and to remove any potential stress from both of you. Success for sure on this count. I am also glad we were able to draft and complete your album to your satisfaction, all in accordance with Jen's wishes. I am pleased that we hit the home run on this matter and that you are proud to show your wedding album to everyone.

We will keep in touch for sure in the months ahead.

Thank you again for this review and for all of your hard work.

Best regards,

Wedding: 02/14/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WOW!!! That is what you will be thinking and saying from beginning to end. Please take it from me... I am extremely picky and hard to please. With that being said, David pleased me every single time we spoke on the phone, met in person, took photos (engagement and wedding), and reviewed our photos. I told my Husband after the first call and meeting that David J was the guy to go with hands down!!! We both like him so much. His assistants are awesome as well. They ALL make you feel like family and stay on top of everything. He guided us through the entire process... how to stand, where to look, how to position ourselves...things we would have never thought of and things that no other photographer told us about. He was there for so many extra little things that got us out of what could have been major binds. If I had to go back and do everything over again I would without a doubt pick David J! We will definitely hire David J for future photography needs! Our engagement photos and Save the Date pictures were AWESOME! We got so many compliments on them. The Save the Date is one of my favorite pictures. We got creative with our props and David got creative as to how the photo was taken. We had many laughs at our engagement session which made things feel natural and out of that came awesome photos. Wedding Day came and once again David stepped up to the plate and made our Wedding Day A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! The shots that were captured will forever be treasured. We recently wrapped everything up and finished our album. I am beyond happy and so is my Husband. I would not only recommend David J just for Weddings, but for any photo needs. His studio is filled with amazing photos... engagement/wedding, family, pregnancy, newborn, birthdays... he does it all. We are looking forward to working with him in the near future again.
Jen, aka Lucy,

WOW, thank you for your awesome comments and for sharing them in this forum for others to see and read.

We too had a spectacular time throughout our entire planning process, and the wedding day. I have not laughed so hard with the BACK comments, and the busted pants, or the arrival just in the nick of time.

Being Picky, as you described yourself, is never a problem. We listen closely to what our couples want and need, and then work with them to make sure it happens. Not all ideas work the first time, (chalk on shoes), but we found a way to get it done correctly, and we were glad to do it.

It was fun too, to accept your challenge with your wedding album. Your challenge to us being that we had to include the correct photos and tell your story the right way, with all of the details and Nana shots. It was fun knowing that we had already completed the first proof of your album before we even got your list of "must include" images. I loved it when we only had to change out two photos, and swap two images in the entire album consisting of over 115 images, and many designs and graphics.

Thank you again for sharing. Greatly appreciated. You are marveloooooooooooussssssssss.

I look forward to seeing you, and perhaps some babies, in the future as the family planning happens in the months ahead, or if you need us for any reason, give us a call.

Best regards,

David (aka Elmer)
davidjstudios photography
Wedding: 02/14/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Coming into this wedding game not knowing what we were doing, i stumbled upon David J studios and ended up Very happy. They are quick to help with all the questions and planning we needed but were very accommodating. They helped us find shooting locations that fit our styles and made every thing comfortable.
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David J Studios did a great job on our wedding photos. He is very organized and takes charge and keeps things to a schedule and it took a lot of the stress off of us on the day of the wedding. He takes the time to make sure that you have all the photos that you want on your wedding day. He gets the true shots and gets to know who you are and takes the photos that most represent you as a couple. He was so much fun and kept us very relaxed. David is very helpful and will guide you along the way to make sure you are very satisfied with your pictures. He gives great suggestions but never pushes you towards anything and reminds you that these are your pictures and you need to be happy with what you have. It was extremely wonderful to be able to go in and talk to the person that will be taking your photos instead of getting any photographer that another company would just provide for you. He was very professional and kept things moving. I would highly recommend David for any professional photographs that you may want done.
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Parents of the Bride. Our daughter got married at Busch Stadium on the hottest day of the year. Justin and Stefanie were very pleased with the photos and the professionalism of David J Studios. As the parents of the bride we were very pleased in how he treated Stefanie. From the details of the contract to the finished wedding album that we are very pleased with. The entire experience with David was great. The grounds crew at Busch Stadium started to water the infield right after the ceremony which caused the photo session to be delayed. With this set back David kept his cool and worked through the issue as a professional.

The engagement photos at the Gateway Arch were wonderful. He made Justin and Stefanie feel at ease during the photo shoot and you can tell by how the pictures came out. Awesome!

The reception was wonderful. The Hyatt Regency downtown worked very well with David J Studios. David took amazing pictures from beginning to end. He caught every important photo shot possible. We had a great experience working with David J Studios and would highly recommend them to anyone.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David was extremely professional and very open to any ideas that we had for photos. He also brought along his years of experience and was able to capture our evening perfectly. I'm sure it must be difficult for anyone to handle so many guest for family photos, but David did it with ease and grace. He organized and professionally handled everything. I can't tell you how many of my guests came up to me and complimented David as our photographer. If I had to do it over again, I would take David as my photographer in an instant!
Mrs. M,

Your kind words and feedback are greatly appreciated. I really enjoyed working with you, Mr. Ball and Chain, Mr. Kilt, Grandpa, and all or your family and friends. Thank you for making us feel so welcomed throughout the evening.

Sincerest regards,

Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WOW...amazing photographer...As mother-of-the-bride I was not sure if I would even get through this day without a major breakdown! With Dave's help we made it with no problems!!! He told us tips for everything!!! It was an amazing day! When we got the album back I literally sat and looked at it for hours! It is the best book that I have ever seen. We were so excited about the pictures that we have an appointment for maternity pictures already!!! Can not wait to see those also!!! Thanks Dave you were amazing!!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the groom (Stephen): From the groom (Stephen): All of our consultations with Dave prior to the wedding were seamless. He made sure we had everything in order and that we weren't missing or forgetting anything so our wedding day would be as perfect as possible. The groomsmen and I had the pleasure of spending the morning of the wedding day with Kaitlin. She showed up on time and was super friendly. She took some photos of all of us getting ready and was great in helping us set up poses for shots of just the guys just prior to the ceremony. We didn't have too many ideas for what types of poses or where to take the pictures, and Kaitlin was great with getting all of that together. Once the ceremony started, Dave worked directly with the DJ in queuing him in on when to start what songs. He and Kaitlin took so many great photos during the ceremony without a hiccup. After the ceremony he took us to some great locations in Forest Park that I had never known existed. The spots were awesome. Another thing that Dave was absolutely wonderful with, was keeping the bride assured that everything would be great. She spent a lot more time having fun that worrying that everything would be perfect. At the reception he made sure that everyone was present when they needed to be for a dance or speech. Any pictures that we had requested with family members that we didn't get right after our ceremony, he made sure that those were taken care of. Everything was done in a fun manner as well. There was no "ordering" people around or anything like that. Dave might as well been a close friend with a camera the whole time. He made everyone so comfortable. One of my groomsmen even made it a point to get a picture with him! The overall experience from DavidJStudios couldn't have gone any better. And to top it all off, our photos were ready to view on the website only a couple of days after the wedding, our prints were ready in only a couple days and our album is amazing!
Stephanie and Steven,

Wow, appreciate your wonderful compliments and comments on our photography work for your wedding and reception. Love the Cardinals and baseball theme, only wish the fields would have been unlocked for the guys. I am glad we were able to connect so well throughout the planning process and the actual wedding day. You too, both of you, did a great job!, and yes, you did make us feel as if we were part of the family. Thank you.

The trust and confidence you had in us really pushed us to meet or exceed all of your expectations, and after reviewing the day, your photographs, your album, and your reviews here, I am pleased we succeeded, and that you are pleased. Would not accept anything less for any of our couples. We love pushing the boundaries in photography and design skills to achieve results that are spectacular.

Give me a call when the new ballplayer is due and we will spend some time together and capture the best of your growing family. Looking forward to it.

Talk to you soon, best regards,

• Flexibility:  5.0
From the Bride (Stephanie): Our overall experience was wonderful! It was everything we could have asked for out of a photographer. We had 2 photographers for the entire day, Dave and Kaitlin. Dave spent the morning with us girls and Kaitlin met up with the guys. Both were promptly on time and ready to go. Dave was so helpful in setting our poses and capturing every moment of the day. When it was time for the ceremony, both photographers were set up to capture the best shot (which they did) and really helped keep the flow of our ceremony going, not having to create any stoppages to get a shot. Dave was very instrumental in getting our family members together for post ceremony pictures, and followed the list we gave him for requested shots to a "T." Both photographers were wonderful in keeping the mood light during a hot day. Everyone in the wedding party raved how great our photographer was. During the ceremony, again, Dave was very instrumental in making sure that the best shots were taken, that parents were present and ready for the dances as well as the rest of the wedding party. Only a few days after our wedding day, our photos were on their website, ready to view. We received our prints only a couple days after we ordered them, and they all looked great. The highlight of our pictures and prints came from our wedding album. We ordered the 11x14 wedding album with the photo canvas cover. It is BEAUTIFUL! Everyone who has seen our album has said that they've never seen anything like it and that they absolutely love it! When it comes time for baby pictures, rest assured, we'll be going back to davidjstudios!
Stephanie and Steven,

Talk to you soon, best regards,

nicole 5 Reviews
Would give him a 20 out of 5. HE took beautiful pictures. Worked with us amazingly during a rain out for engagement pictures and a rain out on my wedding day. The pictures were so pretty. And he did above and beyond taking charge of pretty much being a free wedding coordinator so we could enjoy our day. He took care of everything and even offered to make a stop at Walmart to buy a football when we misplaced ours.
davidjstudios photography responded with the following comments:
Mr. Silly here, give my girl a special little hug.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts for others to see and read. Your feedback is so special to me as I felt we made a great connection, both as your photographer, and personally.

Keep in touch and we hope to see you again as your family grows. Call me whenever.

Sincerely,

Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David J Studios was great to us. Dave was willing to help with the planning process in any way he could. He made suggestions when we were unsure on what to do and made sure that we would be happy with what we decided. He obviously has a lot of experience with weddings and he seems to know what works and what doesn't.

On the day of the wedding he helped coordinate everything. This took a lot of stress off of us because we knew that Dave would make sure the flowers were in the right spot and that the best man knew when to give his speech. He made sure to make his way across the reception to capture everything of importance.

The end result was incredible. Our wedding album is beautiful. Everyone we show it to compliments the quality and layout of the book. We have all of the photos on DVDs so we can make prints in the future and post them on Facebook.

We were very satisified with David J Studios' service and professionalism. If we had to redo our wedding, there are definitely some things we would change, but we our choice in photographers is not one of them.
davidjstudios photography responded with the following comments:
Hi guys, hope all is well at the farm and married life.

Thank you for such a thoughtful review. We strive to make a connection with every couple and you guys made it so easy. Love your approach and attitude to all that was happening. All went spectacularly. Helping you achieving your perfect day was simply my goal! Your photos were magnificent and I truly enjoyed working with you both, and all of the family.

Best regards, and call us when the first little one is on the way.

Wishing you the best!
Wedding: 05/18/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Dave did an amazing job. We had to make arrangements quickly since my son's bride had just gotten in town from the Philippines. This was their American wedding (we called it a Marriage Blessing) -they had a very large wedding in the Philippines. Dave was very professional and took into account what we wanted. I appreciated that Dave quickly got the photos into our hands after the ceremony. He took a great variety of shots, and even made a not-so-attractive venue look good in the ceremony shots. His close-up shots were great and creative too-as the mother of the groom I was happy to have these photos for our family and also photos that the bride could send back to her family in the Philippines. I also appreciated that Dave was very unobtrusive -we hardly knew when he was taking the photos. We were very pleased with all of our photos. I also recognized that Dave did the sorting-he didn't just give us all the photos, but made sure every photo we looked at was cropped and/or edited. Dave did his homework too. We were able to meet with Dave ahead of time and go over a list of all the photos that we wanted to be taken. Dave was also flexible when we requested a photo to be taken on the day of the venue. We loved his great service, flexibility, and his prices were affordable. We give him 5 stars.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David J Studios did an amazing job on my wedding! They are personal and not just business. We had some issues with one of our tuxes not being ready the day of our wedding and David stepped in and handled it for me! He also cooled the air when we had some "hot heads" while we were trying to take bridal shots! David J Studios went above and beyond photography! The pictures were amazing and we received them quickly! Thank You so much for keeping my day under control and capturing it for us to look back on! We love our album and so has everyone we have shown!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were very pleased with the overall service and quality of product. The morning of the wedding, it was reassuring to hear the photographer say that he will take care of the timeline and ensure things go as planned. It took a ton of weight off my shoulders that day and I didn't have to worry about anything. He is very detailed oriented and takes pride in his work. It is amazing the difference a professional photo looks compared to an average photo. It is worth spending a little more money on a professional photographer as these are your memories of one of the best days of your life. He also took special requests of group photos at reception. We have received numerous compliments on our photos and the photo album turned out fantastic. Other recent brides that we know couldn't believe that our photographer put together our album for us, including design and picking out the photos. And just picking out photos that we wanted to order was hard enough as there were too many great pics to choose from.
Carolyn and Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments for other couples to see and read. You guys were a blast, from the Rodney Dangerfield looks, (being the cool dude), to the nervous bride, who once she saw her "man", relaxed and took it all in. Glad we were a part of this with you and we were able to take the weight off of your shoulders. For us, it was neat to see and capture those important moments.

Thanks too for emphasizing the importance of hiring an experienced and professional photographer. I hope folks will heed your advice and not settle for less on such an important day.

Glad you loved your album. Telling your story in photos is so important, and we take pride in the fact that we get to know our couples that well, it makes our task a bit easier when creating your storybook album. You just have to have those little details photos when telling the complete story.

Best wishes to the both of you in the days and years ahead. Do keep in touch and let us know whenever we can be of help again.

Kindest regards,

Wedding: 10/20/2012
 314-892-3922
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire