images with imagination

4979 Ambs Road
Saint Louis, MO 63128 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As a groom I would recommend DavidJ Studios for your wedding day photography. He took the time to get to know me and my wife before the big day with an engagement photo session and just a couple of meetings at his office. When the wedding day arrived we had full confidence that not only would he take great pictures but also keep the day running smoothly and on time. He allowed my groomsmen and myself to cut loose and have fun, we never felt like we took pictures all day. He kept a quick pace about everything which allowed all of the bridal party to actually have a good time between the wedding and the reception. Once at the reception he kept the DJ and banquet hall organized on how WE wanted the evening to go. We trusted him with this since we actually spent time with him and he understood what and when we wanted things to happen. He captured the most special day of my life perfectly and was a big part of making sure we had a fun and a memorable day.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David and his team were very knowledgeable and proficient at their job. We are beyond happy with the quality of the products and services that they provided. I would recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved working with David J Studios. They were so easy to work with and made me feel so comfortable working with them. All of our questions were answered. Even when we had suggested poses and/or example photos that we wanted to recreate. They were honest about whether the photos would look good or bad. We also had questions about lightening since we had an outdoor evening ceremony and reception. Our photographers on the day of our wedding were awesome. We have some very amazing wedding photos! Thank you so much for beautifully capturing our very special day!
Elizabeth & Lowell

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We all know weddings are expensive... even when you are trying to be frugal. My eyes popped out of my head every time my wife told me how much something was going to cost. I finally had to say, "I'll help in any way possible but I don't need to know about any more of the prices..." Hah!
In my opinion, hiring David and his staff was one of the best decisions and expenditures that we made for our wedding. Their abilities combined with their high level of professionalism left me stunned. David asked all of the right questions and also had answers to ALL of our questions (which were many). If I was to make a recommendation of a wedding photographer to a friend, I would tell them to look up David J Studios... it would simply be a no-brainer.
My wife and I are so extremely happy with the photos. We have received many compliments on them. Many guests specifically mentioned how nice David and his staff were. We agree and hope that you will feel the same way (should you choose David). Bottom line: If you are looking for a wedding photographer in the Saint Louis metro area, Look No Further.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David was wonderful during every aspect of our wedding, from the initial planning to finalizing our wedding album. My husband and I really had no idea what we were doing during the planning process, and David was incredibly helpful by giving us suggestions and ideas. His input ultimately made our wedding run much more smoothly. He went above and beyond the day of the wedding-- between finding lost flowers and keeping the DJ in line, it wouldn't have been nearly as perfect without his help. We are so thrilled with our pictures and album. We got them in a very timely manner and can't wait to show them to our friends and family. I highly recommend you choose David as your wedding photographer!

• Flexibility: 5.0

David was very helpful throughout the planning process. He was always responsive and willing to talk/meet whenever we had questions. He did a good job of making subtle suggestions that my wife and I probably would have never even considered. On the day of the wedding, he did a good job of getting quality photos without being intrusive in any way. He also was a big help logistically, and the without this the wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did. Working with David was an all around great experience and I would definitely recommend him for others.

• Flexibility: 5.0

As the parents of the groom, we were very pleased with David's work and his assistant. David specifically worked with our family prior to the wedding while his assistant worked with the bride and her family. It made the amount of time spent on picture taking very efficient and personal. Both worked before the wedding, during the ceremony and during the reception to make sure we obtained every desired shot. We have also been very pleased with the quality and selection of the final photographs.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I got married in May, Dave by far was the best and only option for our wedding. I wouldn't of gone w anyone else. He is a great great guy and a very talented photographer. We couldn't of asked for anything more. There are so many wonderful things to say but too little space.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I absolutely loved working with David. Every picture was beautiful as well as the album. Every time we met with David, we felt at ease and knew that he would take care of the pictures knowing that they would turn out great. David was also very flexible with our schedules and was able to work with what was convenient for both of us! I would recommend David J Studios to anyone. It was a fantastic experience and will definitely contacting him for our maternity and baby pictures when the day comes!

• Wedding: 05/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David J. did a great job photographing our wedding. We are so happy with the pictures, and the album is beautiful. He is a true professional and made sure to capture all the moments that were important to us. I would highly recommend David J. Studios to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. He went above and beyond to ensure our day went smoothly, even offering suggestions during the planning process.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very happy with the photography that David J. provided. He was extremely personable we decided right away that we were going to select him as our photographer. We are very happy with the wedding album.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I remember my wife saying she had a good feeling about David after her initial phone call with him to set up our consultation. After sitting down with David for five minutes our choice of a photographer became very clear and easy. David was the only photographer we met with (and there were many) that took the time to find out what we envisioned instead of telling us what we/he could do. My wife and I were not looking to duplicate something that others had already done or things that had been done time and time again. We wanted our own personal experience and something that was unique to us and would tell our story. David helped us hit a home run. Step by step from the engagement pictures to the wedding reception David went above and beyond to make our day go smoothly. When I say above and beyond I really mean it. From a last minute weather problem that caused us to find a new location to shoot pre-ceremony photos, to a wardrobe malfunction with my tuxedo pants, David was right there with the solution every time. By the time we sat down to finalize our wedding album (which was amazing) we felt like we were sitting down with a friend we had known for years. If you are looking for a professional experience with someone who has the unique ability to listen to what you want and make it happen David is the photographer for you.

Craig A. Brennell

davidjstudios photography responded with the following comments:

Craig, aka Ted,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, for others to see and read.

Throughout the months we worked together, it was always a pleasure to hear from you or your bride, figure out solutions to things, (save the dates), and make it so that the two of you were satisfied with the results.

I must say, it was the first time I ever had to fix the grooms pants so they would stay on. Glad my toolbox was handy.

As you know, from the outset, our goal was to provide our expertise and suggestions to help make your day the best it can be and to remove any potential stress from both of you. Success for sure on this count. I am also glad we were able to draft and complete your album to your satisfaction, all in accordance with Jen's wishes. I am pleased that we hit the home run on this matter and that you are proud to show your wedding album to everyone.

We will keep in touch for sure in the months ahead.

Thank you again for this review and for all of your hard work.

Best regards,

David

• Wedding: 02/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW!!! That is what you will be thinking and saying from beginning to end. Please take it from me... I am extremely picky and hard to please. With that being said, David pleased me every single time we spoke on the phone, met in person, took photos (engagement and wedding), and reviewed our photos. I told my Husband after the first call and meeting that David J was the guy to go with hands down!!! We both like him so much. His assistants are awesome as well. They ALL make you feel like family and stay on top of everything. He guided us through the entire process... how to stand, where to look, how to position ourselves...things we would have never thought of and things that no other photographer told us about. He was there for so many extra little things that got us out of what could have been major binds. If I had to go back and do everything over again I would without a doubt pick David J! We will definitely hire David J for future photography needs! Our engagement photos and Save the Date pictures were AWESOME! We got so many compliments on them. The Save the Date is one of my favorite pictures. We got creative with our props and David got creative as to how the photo was taken. We had many laughs at our engagement session which made things feel natural and out of that came awesome photos. Wedding Day came and once again David stepped up to the plate and made our Wedding Day A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! The shots that were captured will forever be treasured. We recently wrapped everything up and finished our album. I am beyond happy and so is my Husband. I would not only recommend David J just for Weddings, but for any photo needs. His studio is filled with amazing photos... engagement/wedding, family, pregnancy, newborn, birthdays... he does it all. We are looking forward to working with him in the near future again.

davidjstudios photography responded with the following comments:

Jen, aka Lucy,

WOW, thank you for your awesome comments and for sharing them in this forum for others to see and read.

We too had a spectacular time throughout our entire planning process, and the wedding day. I have not laughed so hard with the BACK comments, and the busted pants, or the arrival just in the nick of time.

Being Picky, as you described yourself, is never a problem. We listen closely to what our couples want and need, and then work with them to make sure it happens. Not all ideas work the first time, (chalk on shoes), but we found a way to get it done correctly, and we were glad to do it.

It was fun too, to accept your challenge with your wedding album. Your challenge to us being that we had to include the correct photos and tell your story the right way, with all of the details and Nana shots. It was fun knowing that we had already completed the first proof of your album before we even got your list of "must include" images. I loved it when we only had to change out two photos, and swap two images in the entire album consisting of over 115 images, and many designs and graphics.

Thank you again for sharing. Greatly appreciated. You are marveloooooooooooussssssssss.

I look forward to seeing you, and perhaps some babies, in the future as the family planning happens in the months ahead, or if you need us for any reason, give us a call.

Best regards,

David (aka Elmer)

• Wedding: 02/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Coming into this wedding game not knowing what we were doing, i stumbled upon David J studios and ended up Very happy. They are quick to help with all the questions and planning we needed but were very accommodating. They helped us find shooting locations that fit our styles and made every thing comfortable.

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David J Studios did a great job on our wedding photos. He is very organized and takes charge and keeps things to a schedule and it took a lot of the stress off of us on the day of the wedding. He takes the time to make sure that you have all the photos that you want on your wedding day. He gets the true shots and gets to know who you are and takes the photos that most represent you as a couple. He was so much fun and kept us very relaxed. David is very helpful and will guide you along the way to make sure you are very satisfied with your pictures. He gives great suggestions but never pushes you towards anything and reminds you that these are your pictures and you need to be happy with what you have. It was extremely wonderful to be able to go in and talk to the person that will be taking your photos instead of getting any photographer that another company would just provide for you. He was very professional and kept things moving. I would highly recommend David for any professional photographs that you may want done.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Parents of the Bride. Our daughter got married at Busch Stadium on the hottest day of the year. Justin and Stefanie were very pleased with the photos and the professionalism of David J Studios. As the parents of the bride we were very pleased in how he treated Stefanie. From the details of the contract to the finished wedding album that we are very pleased with. The entire experience with David was great. The grounds crew at Busch Stadium started to water the infield right after the ceremony which caused the photo session to be delayed. With this set back David kept his cool and worked through the issue as a professional.

The engagement photos at the Gateway Arch were wonderful. He made Justin and Stefanie feel at ease during the photo shoot and you can tell by how the pictures came out. Awesome!

The reception was wonderful. The Hyatt Regency downtown worked very well with David J Studios. David took amazing pictures from beginning to end. He caught every important photo shot possible. We had a great experience working with David J Studios and would highly recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
314-892-3922
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards