Cutting Edge Organic Salon

Cutting Edge Organic Salon

"Providing Professional, On-Location Makeup & Hair Services"

15871 Pines Blvd

• Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I am so confused by all of the prior postings on this vendor. Miriam did my makeup for my wedding and although it looked very nice - none of my bridesmaids or my mom were happy with theirs and the response to any criticism was not received well at all. i booked her because i heard she was the best prior to my trial (my fault, bad move) so I ended up using her because i had paid in already. Thought she was much stronger with makeup than hair so much so that i used someone else for hair. After i left the trial and thought about the hair i told her i wasnt crazy about it. she told me we could revisit it through another paid trial or the day of the wedding. she kept mentioning how my aunt loved it and i was happy when i left. i dont feel like she cared about the way i felt, it was more about her artistic creation. anyway Im glad all of you were happy....i wouldn't recommend this vendor because her personality was not what i wanted on my wedding morning. the girl who did our hair ended up fixing everyone.

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am a bride from NYC and had a destination wedding in Miami with no time to go down to Miami and meet anyone for hair and makeup trials. After long and extensive research I decided to book hair/makeup with Miriam from seeing such great reviews about her and I am THRILLED that I did! My mother, my 4 bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done by her and her wonderful assistant, Jess. Everyone picked their own hair and makeup style and she mastered every single style. We all felt so beautiful. As a person who gets hair and makeup done at very high end places in NYC, I am extremely pleased with her work and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND booking her for your wedding day as she is talented, professional and very fun!!

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jill, it was so much fun working with you and your family :)
Wish you lived closer!! xo

• Wedding: 03/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam was quite simply perfect for me and my wedding party. I was referred to Miriam by my photographer. Because I was planning my South Florida wedding from Chicago, I first met Miriam at my hair and make up trial two days before my wedding. Nevertheless, her professionalism and flexibility in scheduling during the months prior made me feel like I was in good hands.

During our trial session, Miriam's calming influence and easy-going demeanor was a welcome change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the wedding week. I think it contributes to her success at bringing out her subject's natural beauty. I was so impressed by her work! She made me look like the best and most glamorous possible "me" not an overly-painted mask. Moreover, on the day-of, Miriam created a unique hairstyle (which we had not practiced at the trial at my suggestion) which knocked the socks off all my guests!

Miriam was also incredibly kind and flexible with some scheduling changes on the wedding day. All of my girls, including my very nervous mother and my tom-boy sister felt totally at home and calmed by Miriam. And EVERYONE looked beautiful! What can I say? She (and her assistant) really helped make my wedding day more beautiful and more joyful.

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Nury for your kind words! It was such a joy to be a part of your special day,and I look forward to working with you again in the future!!!

• Wedding: 02/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam and her assistant did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as my wedding party and family members hair. She did a fantastic job. My makeup was done with her airbrush technique and it looks great in my wedding pictures and natural. My hair was done even better than I pictured it in my head. She was professional and on time. I wasn't able to meet with her ahead of time because it was a destination wedding but it didn't matter....I couldn't have asked for a better experience!!! Thanks Miriam!

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for making us a part of your special day :)

• Wedding: 02/05/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about miriam! She is a true artist and amazing at her craft!
Miriam did my bridal parties hair and makeup and mine as well.
First she did my moms hair and makeup. WOW!! My mom looked amazing! Her hair and makeup came out more beautiful than i could have ever imagined! She even did some lashes on her eyes to make them pop!
My mom was ecstatic! For the first time, she said she felt beautiful!  I was so impressed by the patience and dedication to the little details in her work!

My sister (maid of honor) was next. She did the most fabulous updo on her! It was so elegant and pretty! She then did her makeup which came out beautiful! She matched the makeup to what i wanted so that it went with the  soft feminine look i was trying to achieve.

Then she did my makeup and hair. The makeup was soft and pretty. Which is exactly what i dreamed it would be! I love that she takes her time and asks you what YOU want!  She curled my hair since i wore it down. It stayed curled all night!!! Even through dancing and moving! I was ecstatic!!  I felt amazing all night!

Miriam really was FABULOUS! She was easy to get in touch with and everything was great! From the trial til the wedding day. I got exactly what I wanted and the makeup job for me, my mom, and sister was amazing! Everyone was sooo happy!!
For all the brides looking for the most amazing makeup and hair on thier special day, Miriam is by far the best there is!!

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Randi! It was such a pleasure to be part of your special day, and I look forward to working with you again for your next event :)

• Wedding: 01/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about Miriam! My makeup stayed on perfectly throughout the night while still feeling light and comfortable. And the best part was that I still looked like myself! Miriam does not cake on products in an effort to achieve the bridal look. Her makeup is flawless while still looking natural. And my hair was perfect! If anyone is considering extensions, GO FOR IT. It was so worth it, and I received many compliments throughout the night.

Not only is Miriam a top-notch professional and amazing at her craft, she is also a genuinely nice person that truly cares about her brides. She helped me stay relaxed while working her magic. I was happy beyond words at the final results. I would highly recommend her to other brides. THANK YOU MIRIAM!!

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you Patty!!! It was my pleasure to be part of your special day and you were a joy to work with :)
Looking forward to working with you again in the future!

• Wedding: 12/10/2011
Denis & Patty
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam was my first experience with a hair and make up artist and I already know that she was by far the best!!! Very nice, easy to talk to and totally professional you can't go wrong with her!!

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jessica! So happy to be part of your special day!!

• Wedding: 11/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam makes sure that you look and feel the BEST you possibly can on your wedding day. She is perfect for a bride who wants to look like the best version of themselves while still looking natural. My entire wedding was outside and having caked-on makeup was a big concern of mine. I had done airbrush makeup in the past as a bridesmaid and did not like the result. Miriam's skills and technique make sure you look flawless! Miriam even came to my venue with me and touched me up as I had a lot of photos outside before the ceremony.

Overall, Miriam is an artist and she truly loves what she does. When she is doing your hair and makeup she takes all the time she needs and is very detail oriented so that she achieves the look that you want.

Thank you!!!

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam is amazing!!!! Professional and talented. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. I danced all night long and my make-up still looked flawless. My entire bridal party is raving about Miriam and how awesome she made them look. One of my favorite vendors. I highly recommend Miriam, you will not be disappointed.

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you Naomi! You were so fabulous to work with and I loved the music you played while you were getting ready :)
Everyone was so much fun and a pleasure to work with!

I wish you all the best xoxo

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I was very disappointed with Make up By Miriam.
This vendor was 30-40% higher in price than other vendor proposals I received and she did not offer a complimentary trial when booked, and unfortunately, I fell into the consumer trap of higher price=higher quality of service. I was very disappointed. My hair fell flat after a few hours, and I was in the bathroom trying to twig it back up before my ceremony started. The make up was okay, but the hair was just terrible. Even my mother and sister commented how my hair was a mess, nothing a bride wants to hear on the day she is to look the most beautiful.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam did my airbrush makeup and also brought an amazing hair stylist for my wedding and did an amazing job! My skin and hair were absolutely flawless. I got so many compliments and I felt sooooo "glamorous", "classic", and "beautiful".

I would recommend her to anyone who is wanting to look perfectly stunning for their big day!

Thank you Miriam you make women feel beautiful (including me) and that is a pretty cool talent.

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Coty! You were such a pleasure to work with!
So happy to have been a part of your special day - looking forward to working with you in the new year!

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I chose to hire Miriam for my wedding day Oct. 2, 2011 to do hair/makeup for my Mom and I. I read many reviews of her work online, and finding them all superb I had her come to my house. And I was not disappointed! Miriam is kind-hearted, funny and warm person and a delight to work with. The fake eyelashes she put on us were amazing, I looked more beautiful in the photos than ever and I am very impressed with her work. She even taught me some make up tricks! I would recommend her without reservation to anyone who is serious about looking their best for any event. She is a little pricier than say the local hair salon, but you will not be sorry! She is totally professional and does an excellent job. Every time I look at the photos, I am so happy I chose Miriam to be my stylist- she is the best!!!

• Wedding: 10/02/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam is hands down the best out there! Not only is her work AMAZING but she is sweet, funny and a pleasure to work with. My mom LOVED the way she looked, as did the rest of my bridal party. Of course, she made me look best of all (she did exactly as I asked as opposed how other makeup artists would do what they think was best). Love her and her work and would give her ten stars if I could.

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jacqueline! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family :) I look forward to being part of your future special events and functions too, whenever you want to look fabulous, just give me a call!

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I felt like the prettiest girl in the world on my wedding day thanks to Miriam! I wanted to look like myself only better, and she achieved that and a whole lot more. My updo did not budge an inch all night, and my airbrush make-up and false eyelashes were still intact for the after party--even after a dip in the pool! She also did hair and make-up for my mother (who looked gorgeous) and, with the help of an assistant, created amazing hairstyles for my four bridesmaids that they all loved. Not only Miriam was so much fun to be around, but she even helped me calm my jitters throughout the beautification process. Book her and you will not regret it!

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank you Meredith! It was such fun working with you and your family!
I wish you all the best!

• Wedding: 04/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter and I hired Miriam to provide hair and makeup services for her wedding on 2/26/11. My daughter was looking for a beautiful and natural makeup style. Miriam's website with bridal pictures was exactly what she was looking for. We hired her and the month before her wedding, she had her hair and makeup trial. Miriam was very professional and personable. My daughter and I had a great time at the trial. It took 2 hours to complete the transformation and my daughter looked stunning! Her hair and makeup were flawless! I knew then we had made the right decision on hiring Miriam.
On the day of the wedding, Miriam and her assistant, Jess arrived at 5:30 am. They arrived ready to work and that they did. 2 women getting ready every hour. Grandmother of the bride, me (mother of the bride), 4 bridesmaids and the bride. We all looked gorgeous!
Miriam and Jess were so much fun to work with. We had such a great morning getting ready. My daughter's hair and makeup lasted all day, even through all the tears and dancing at her outdoor reception.
I highly recommend Miriam Behar! She is worth every penny!

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

Thank You Jo Ann! It was such a pleasure to work with your family as well! I wish you all the best!!
I must say, Ashley and her bridal party are one of the most organized groups that Jess and I have ever worked with!!

• Wedding: 02/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Miriam Behar was an absolute angel to work with. After looking at website after website of Miami makeup artists who had photos of brides with crazy eyeshadow and thick eyeliner and bold lips, I was relieved to see Miriam made her brides look naturally beautiful. I'm not one to wear a lot of makeup, so Miriam did a great job making my makeup look natural, but still allowing me to look more "dolled up" than usual. She even included false eyelashes in the price. I NEVER thought I would wear false eyelashes, but her execution and their natural look made me love them (as did my mother, grandmother and several of my bridesmaids who got their hair and makeup done with me). During my hair/makeup trial, Miriam asked me about my skin type, how I usually wear my makeup, my hair, etc. I gave her a few photos of hair and makeup that I liked and she reproduced it perfectly to fit me. I was afraid the look wouldn't be the same on my wedding day, but she did a great job. I'd recommend Miriam and her team to anyone and would definitely use her services again.

Cutting Edge Organic Salon responded with the following comments:

thank you Ashley! You were such a pleasure to work with as well
:) I wish you all the best!!!! xo

• Wedding: 02/26/2011
954-242-2888
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards