Country Club of York

Value
Flexibility
Rebecca
07/11/2015

Shannon was amazing to work with! Professional, always responded in a timely manner, and always willing to help out or answer any questions I had. Our entire planning process went well and the wedding day was FLAWLESS and beautiful.

Recently Married

I would highly recommend the Country Club of York for a wedding! My fiance were planning our wedding from far away, and had to worry about nothing because Shannon earned our confidence from the first meeting. She and her team went above and beyond to make our day special - from customizing our menu to fit our special requests (we made up a menu inspired by the places we had lived) to accomodating our involved centerpieces. We were supposed to be outside on their back terrace, but on the day of, rain was expected. We didn't have to worry about anything because our plans were moved inside and they converted our event beautifully to the ballroom - they even added a really great catering set-up to fill the space. While the cocktail hour was happening and we were taking our photos outdoors, Shannon was giving our photographer a minute by minute forecast so that we could make the most out of our time. Beyond the ease of planning, the experience was fantastic for our guests (they raved about the food and the space).

Overall, we would highly recommend the CCY for a high-value, high-quality event venue. Do the math with all that's included with their bridal package, and you'll find that they are very competitive with other venues around town!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
M&M
Recently Married

Our wedding day was a dream come true -- and we can easily share that without Shannon Seitz and the staff at the Country Club of York ("CCY"), none of it would have been possible. From start to finish, we were overjoyed and so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Shannon and CCY. Shannon took the time to work with us as we finalized all of our wedding plans and logistics, and worked to ensure that all of the plans and our vision were executed perfectly. Additionally, Shannon was a vital addition to our wedding day, as she worked tirelessly to coordinate and liaise with all of our wedding vendors, guests with questions, and continued to "wear many hats" as the day progressed. She is truly amazing and an incredible asset to CCY and your wedding day. We cannot recommend the Country Club of York enough for your wedding or special occasion. We have continued to hear from our guests that the venue, the service, and the food were all some of the best (in many cases, THE best), they have ever experienced at any wedding or event. Lastly, a huge thank you to the amazing chef and baker for the delicious food and for turning a mere photo of a wedding cake into our reality. We are so grateful and beyond fortunate that we were able to have our wedding at the Country Club of York.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have to say that not many people can say that their wedding was absolutely perfect, BUT MINE WAS. Shannon was absolutely wonderful she took care of so many things for us and made sure everything and everyone was the exact way that I wanted it, on time and perfect. We also had our rehearsal dinner there as well, which was amazing. But the wedding was stunning. Our friends are still talking about how amazing the food was, many compliments to the banquet chef Christine. Our guests said that they never had wedding food that was that good, the chicken was not dry and it was full of flavor. Many compliments about the banquet staff, everyone was very impressed by how polite and helpful they all were. Shannon helped me every step of the way with my wedding, she even helped me pick the songs to walk down the aisle to. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't have it any other way then at The Country Club of York. Absolutely Amazing!!!!! I highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our Winter Wonderland Wedding on NYE 2014! It was the wedding of our dreams. Everyone raved about the lollipop lamb chops & scallops wrapped in bacon appetizers and the prime rib which melted in everyone's mouth. So the food was even better then at the tasting. Then our cake looked exactly like the picture and tasted even better. Tons of kudos to the chef/baker. Then our decorations, which were by Petals with Style and Schumaker, were exactly what I wanted and more. Then the staff and coordinators were easy to work with and helped us all along the way. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with the Country Club of York couldn't have been better! We worked directly with Shannon and were treated with the utmost kindness and professionalism! Food, drinks, cake, decor, everything was incredible and exactly how I pictured! I would recommend the Country Club of York to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My parents are long-time members of the Country Club of York, so they worked with the coordinator, Shannon, to do the majority of the planning. We held our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception there. The venue itself is beautiful, inside (newly renovated!) and outside. They helped with the setup and tear down before and after the event, and they also did all of the catering. Gregory, the head chef, is PHENOMENAL. We got so many compliments about the food during and after the reception! The country club worked with us to tailor the day to exactly what we wanted, down to every last detail, and Shannon kept the event running smoothly from start to finish. They even ended up allowing us to set up a day early when they knew the ballroom would be free! Highly recommend them for a wedding or any other event!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Country Club of York and their wedding coordinator, Shannon. She was so helpful throughout the whole process, and I was extremely impressed with how organized she and the club were, even when I was not. They put together our centerpieces, arranged the decor beautifully, and even used the extra flowers I had in creative ways. This was all included as part of the package. The food was delicious and the venue is one of the prettiest in the area. We had a fantastic wedding day thanks to all their efforts!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
1+ year ago

I cannot say enough things about the positive experience my husband and I had with the Country Club of York. From the very beginning, we worked with Shannon who is truly phenomenal and was part of the reason we booked at the club. I was worried that the club would be out of our budget, but was very happy with the prices and the quality we received. The food was excellent and both Shannon and the head chef were super accommodating when we were deciding on our menu. The tasting just blew us away. Throughout the planning process Shannon responded to all of my emails quickly and with enthusiasm. She was always flexible and even helped me get a special groom's cake as a surprise. The day of the wedding, everything was gorgeous and ran smoothly. We had cocktail hour on the terrace, which all the guests raved about. Dinner was in the ballroom and received equal praise. The whole night ran like clockwork and could not have been better!

1+ year ago

We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect wedding! Shannon and others at CCY made our wedding day easy and absolutely incredible. They guided us through the entire day - from the beautiful cocktail hour outside on the patio to the fantastic dinner and dancing in the ballroom. We had countless guests tell us that this was the most beautiful venue they have ever seen and the most fun and enjoyable wedding they have been to. We can't thank them enough for thinking of every detail and for their time and effort spent towards making our wedding the best day of our lives!
-Kathleen and Jimmy

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Tammy
05/25/2014

The Country Club of York provided the most exquisite venue for my daughter;s wedding. From setting the date, to every aspect of planning, Shannon Wagner was organized, insightful and patient. She thought through every detail and provided a prompt response to every email and telephone call. During the event, she was on top of every aspect of the evening. I noticed that a few of the elderly guests moved to another room for quiet, comfortable seating and they were quickly catered to with hot tea and cake. While, the buffet was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented, the wedding cake was over the top. The pastry chef prepared the most magnificent cake both in appearance and taste. The compliments on our venue, buffet and cake were endless and we could not have been more happy with the evening.

My husband and I are so glad we chose to have our ceremony and reception at the Country Club of York! I found the staff very professional, accommodating, and helpful during the planning process and on the big day. Everything on our wedding day seemed to run without any problems and our guests commented on the professionalism of the staff for weeks after. I would definitely recommend this venue to any couple.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Jennifer
02/08/2014

Shannon was amazing throughout the process! She was flexible, prompt, reliable, informative and easily interacted with us, our family/friends and guests! Shannon's organization, support and calm demeanor were demonstrated from the beginning through the very end! The chef was extremely informative and took a large amount of time to assist with with selecting our menu for the reception. After the reception our guests came to us to provide feedback on the quality of food and service throughout the evening.

We are sincerely grateful to have worked with each individual at the club and consider it a privilege to have our wedding ceremony and reception at your facility.

1+ year ago

Only one word describes our daughter and son-in-law's wedding and that is perfect! We have had numerous small parties at The Country Club of York but this was a party for over 200 guests. As everyone knows with such a large affair there is always something that you would change or something that goes wrong. Not with this wedding. The planning took place for over a year and we enjoyed every minute of it. Shannon, Director of Catering even coordinated her outfit and nail polish with the wedding colors! The staff were very accommodating and professional. The food was delicious. Perfect!

Nicole
09/07/2013

CCY is a wonderful place to host a special event. We had an outdoor cocktail reception and dinner/dancing inside in the ballroom. We are so pleased with how our wedding turned out! The entire staff was so accomodating to our preferences to make the day unique, and we had a great experience. Shannon is incredibly organized, friendly, professional, and knows how to get it all done and makes sure your event goes off smoothly. Chef and team prepared delicious food which our guests loved. Highly recommend this venue for a wedding or another special event!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
pam
07/27/2013

Beautiful Venue, Delicious Food, the wedding cake was simply gorgeous and so tasty, amazing staff. We had the privilege to work with the most amazing people. They made our special day even more wonderful. The backdrop of the golf courses for our photographs was simply gorgeous. Everyone was so accommodating and professional a pleasure to work with. Even though we don't golf we considered getting a full membership so that we can continue to eat the AMAZING food and enjoy the atmosphere.