Country Club of York

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We had our Winter Wonderland Wedding on NYE 2014! It was the wedding of our dreams. Everyone raved about the lollipop lamb chops & scallops wrapped in bacon appetizers and the prime rib which melted in everyone's mouth. So the food was even better then at the tasting. Then our cake looked exactly like the picture and tasted even better. Tons of kudos to the chef/baker. Then our decorations, which were by Petals with Style and Schumaker, were exactly what I wanted and more. Then the staff and coordinators were easy to work with and helped us all along the way. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with the Country Club of York couldn't have been better! We worked directly with Shannon and were treated with the utmost kindness and professionalism! Food, drinks, cake, decor, everything was incredible and exactly how I pictured! I would recommend the Country Club of York to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My parents are long-time members of the Country Club of York, so they worked with the coordinator, Shannon, to do the majority of the planning. We held our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception there. The venue itself is beautiful, inside (newly renovated!) and outside. They helped with the setup and tear down before and after the event, and they also did all of the catering. Gregory, the head chef, is PHENOMENAL. We got so many compliments about the food during and after the reception! The country club worked with us to tailor the day to exactly what we wanted, down to every last detail, and Shannon kept the event running smoothly from start to finish. They even ended up allowing us to set up a day early when they knew the ballroom would be free! Highly recommend them for a wedding or any other event!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Country Club of York and their wedding coordinator, Shannon. She was so helpful throughout the whole process, and I was extremely impressed with how organized she and the club were, even when I was not. They put together our centerpieces, arranged the decor beautifully, and even used the extra flowers I had in creative ways. This was all included as part of the package. The food was delicious and the venue is one of the prettiest in the area. We had a fantastic wedding day thanks to all their efforts!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

I cannot say enough things about the positive experience my husband and I had with the Country Club of York. From the very beginning, we worked with Shannon who is truly phenomenal and was part of the reason we booked at the club. I was worried that the club would be out of our budget, but was very happy with the prices and the quality we received. The food was excellent and both Shannon and the head chef were super accommodating when we were deciding on our menu. The tasting just blew us away. Throughout the planning process Shannon responded to all of my emails quickly and with enthusiasm. She was always flexible and even helped me get a special groom's cake as a surprise. The day of the wedding, everything was gorgeous and ran smoothly. We had cocktail hour on the terrace, which all the guests raved about. Dinner was in the ballroom and received equal praise. The whole night ran like clockwork and could not have been better!

Recently Married

We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect wedding! Shannon and others at CCY made our wedding day easy and absolutely incredible. They guided us through the entire day - from the beautiful cocktail hour outside on the patio to the fantastic dinner and dancing in the ballroom. We had countless guests tell us that this was the most beautiful venue they have ever seen and the most fun and enjoyable wedding they have been to. We can't thank them enough for thinking of every detail and for their time and effort spent towards making our wedding the best day of our lives!
-Kathleen and Jimmy

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Tammy
05/25/2014

The Country Club of York provided the most exquisite venue for my daughter;s wedding. From setting the date, to every aspect of planning, Shannon Wagner was organized, insightful and patient. She thought through every detail and provided a prompt response to every email and telephone call. During the event, she was on top of every aspect of the evening. I noticed that a few of the elderly guests moved to another room for quiet, comfortable seating and they were quickly catered to with hot tea and cake. While, the buffet was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented, the wedding cake was over the top. The pastry chef prepared the most magnificent cake both in appearance and taste. The compliments on our venue, buffet and cake were endless and we could not have been more happy with the evening.

My husband and I are so glad we chose to have our ceremony and reception at the Country Club of York! I found the staff very professional, accommodating, and helpful during the planning process and on the big day. Everything on our wedding day seemed to run without any problems and our guests commented on the professionalism of the staff for weeks after. I would definitely recommend this venue to any couple.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Jennifer
02/08/2014

Shannon was amazing throughout the process! She was flexible, prompt, reliable, informative and easily interacted with us, our family/friends and guests! Shannon's organization, support and calm demeanor were demonstrated from the beginning through the very end! The chef was extremely informative and took a large amount of time to assist with with selecting our menu for the reception. After the reception our guests came to us to provide feedback on the quality of food and service throughout the evening.

We are sincerely grateful to have worked with each individual at the club and consider it a privilege to have our wedding ceremony and reception at your facility.

1+ year ago

Only one word describes our daughter and son-in-law's wedding and that is perfect! We have had numerous small parties at The Country Club of York but this was a party for over 200 guests. As everyone knows with such a large affair there is always something that you would change or something that goes wrong. Not with this wedding. The planning took place for over a year and we enjoyed every minute of it. Shannon, Director of Catering even coordinated her outfit and nail polish with the wedding colors! The staff were very accommodating and professional. The food was delicious. Perfect!

Nicole
09/07/2013

CCY is a wonderful place to host a special event. We had an outdoor cocktail reception and dinner/dancing inside in the ballroom. We are so pleased with how our wedding turned out! The entire staff was so accomodating to our preferences to make the day unique, and we had a great experience. Shannon is incredibly organized, friendly, professional, and knows how to get it all done and makes sure your event goes off smoothly. Chef and team prepared delicious food which our guests loved. Highly recommend this venue for a wedding or another special event!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
pam
07/27/2013

Beautiful Venue, Delicious Food, the wedding cake was simply gorgeous and so tasty, amazing staff. We had the privilege to work with the most amazing people. They made our special day even more wonderful. The backdrop of the golf courses for our photographs was simply gorgeous. Everyone was so accommodating and professional a pleasure to work with. Even though we don't golf we considered getting a full membership so that we can continue to eat the AMAZING food and enjoy the atmosphere.

Aly
06/29/2013

Shannon is an excellent event coordinator. She made sure that in conjunction with all of the vendors the wedding went smoothly. The food was excellent and our wedding cake was gorgeous! I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married!

1+ year ago

Shannon Wagner and the Country Club of York were great to work with. Shannon went our of her way to make sure that everything was perfect for our event. She worked seamlessly with our event planner.

The venue was gorgeous and the food was fantastic. Moreover, the staff was very friendly and made sure that all of our guests had a wonderful time.

2+ years ago

From the moment my daughter and I met Shannon and her staff we were impressed with their professionalism, responsiveness and desire to create for us the wedding reception we were imagining. Shannon worked closely with us throughout the 8 month planning process so that come the night of the reception all I had to do was walk through the doors and enjoy the evening with my family, friends and of course my daughter and her new husband. We have one more wedding to plan and I look forward to doing it at CCof Y.

Ashleigh
09/04/2011

Absolutely fabulous. Those are the best words I can use to describe the Country Club of York. The ceremony was just beautiful, Jennifer was a pleasure to work with, and the grounds are always well maintained. Staff is friendly and helpful and the food! Oh the food is just amazing. My fiance and I met with the chef a few months before the wedding to choose our menu and fell head over heels with the "Thanksgiving dinner" option. The day of the wedding, the food was just as good as the first time. People are still raving over dinner and the cake. The wait staff works like a well oiled machine, you don't even know they are there. I would so very highly recommend the Country Club of York...it was everything I always dreamed as a little girl that my wedding would be!