Coastal DJ & Video

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

George absolutely rocked! He was very flexible with small changes up until the day of, created an awesome father/daughter mix just two days before for us, he was set up on time, (even brought some help!), worked with my crazy family for introductions, and most importantly kept the dance floor full for the entire night...we even had to add another hour to his time because our guests were having so much fun! He talked just the right amount-so it wasn't a standup comedy show but he knew how to keep the crowd involved. Played the right music, and even went with the flow for our changes in the schedule throughout the reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ to make our wedding the BEST DAY EVER! Thanks George!

Coastal DJ & Video responded with the following comments:

Hi Samantha,
Thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of your wedding! I had so much fun entertaining you and all your family and friends. I'm certainly happy that I was able to deliver exactly what you had envisioned.

Thanks again for choosing Coastal DJ & Video for your special day!
All the best to you on your journey in marriage.

George Wainwright, Owner/DJ

Services Used: DJ

George and Coastal DJ were so amazing on our wedding day and for our rehearsal dinner. Everything ran smoothly and he kept everything on time such as the cake cutting, special dances, bouquet toss, garter toss, etc. You could tell that he was very experienced with weddings and really helped plan out our ceremony and reception. He provided many services for our wedding weekend, such as, rehearsal DJ, ceremony music, reception DJ, and video services. We cannot wait to see our video that was taken at our wedding. I know it will be amazing. My husband and I are so amazed at how George had the crowd going at the rehearsal and wedding. My family is really laid back and most of them were on the dance floor at our wedding. Not only was everything perfect the day of, but as far as communicating, George was always available for questions, emails, and phone calls. We cannot say enough about George and his staff. They really helped make our wedding everything we could've dreamed of!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Videography
Kirsten
Recently Married

George Wainwright with Coastal DJ was the best DJ we could have asked for. My husband and I have been to a lot of weddings in the past couple of years and we've heard some pretty bad DJs. We wanted someone who would get everyone on the dance floor at some point. George did this and much more, everyone danced and everyone raved about how awesome the music was. He picked a lot of songs we would not have thought to play, but everyone loved them. He switched it up so the young and the old got to have a good time and enjoy the night.

Throughout the whole planning process, he was easy to get a hold of. The online forms made it easy for us to let him know what we wanted to play the day of.

For guests the only things that matter at a wedding are good food, lots of drinks, and great dancing. Be smart, hire Coastal DJs and pay a little extra for George, your guests will thank you.

Services Used: DJ

We had DJ and video services for our big day. The DJ kept the party going and the videographer captured big moments of our day. They put us at ease for our out of state wedding.

Services Used: DJ, Videography

Karl with Coastal DJ and Video was extremely professional and worked with my daughter and I in the music selections for her wedding reception. He called prior to the wedding to confirm the particulars and the timeline. Karl was exactly the DJ we wanted as he kept the party going at a great pace without being over the top. Although we had more than enough song suggestions, he took a last minute request for a special song. Thank you so much for making my daughters wedding so wonderful!

Services Used: DJ

Coastal DJ provided friendly and professional services with awesome personalities. Both the DJ and Videographer were so easy to talk to and were willing to work with my crazy schedule. I definitely recommend Coastal Dj for any occasion!

Services Used: DJ, Videography

George was our DJ and we couldn't have been more pleased. The planning process is very professional and efficient. George was extremely responsive and flexible with last minute changes. He did an amazing job with both the ceremony and reception. Our guests were happy and the music was awesome. Book Coastal DJ for your event!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

I could not have asked for a better DJ. Karl from coastal DJ and video was our DJ and he was amazing. Anything we asked for he had. All communication with coastal DJ and video was through email because we lived out of state but they were always very quick with a response to answer all of our questions. I would highly recommend coastal DJ and video to anyone.

Leighton
1 Review
08/16/2014

George performed the DJ services for our Ocracoke wedding with short notice and was flawless. He did a great job keeping the reception flowing and energized and everyone attending was complementary of George and the reception in general. We didn't realize how important the DJ was in keeping the event moving with keeping things such as dances, toasts, speeches, and cake cutting in order and at the proper times. Everyone has a memory of an annoying DJ that talks too much or isn't the comedian they think they are; this was not George - He used the mic only when necessary, was professional, and was exactly what we were hoping for. We would recommend him/Coastal DJ to anyone.

Services Used: DJ

Coastal DJ & Video are the best, I used there service for my wedding reception. Karl DJ my reception and he was awesome! He helped me with planning the music for the reception, and the day of my wedding I had to change some things and he was very understanding and worked with me on it all. He is the best DJ around in my eyes! He was right on point with everything, I think he enjoyed being there and he didn't look at it as work. I would highly recommend Coastal DJ & Video to everyone.

Services Used: DJ

Our wedding planner suggested this vendor and she was spot on... we had a great experience with Coastal DJ. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and fit right in with our group at the reception. Our personal DJ even catered to my daughter during the whole event... let her sing in the microphone, let her put his headphones on... it meant a lot to her and even more to us. We would definitely use them again.

Services Used: DJ, Videography

For our recent wedding we worked with George from Coastal DJ & Video. George was great and was very attentive to our wants and needs. The music planner and reception planner tool on their website was very easy to use and it made choosing songs fun. We liked being able to choose songs that we definitely wanted to be played, and could make notes for certain songs if we wanted to make a shout out or dedication. George called me and emailed me during the planning process to check in and called me the week of the wedding to review the timeline and go over last name pronunciations in order to prepare for the introduction of the bridal party. The musical selection played at the reception was fantastic, including a little mix of everything that we knew our guests would want to hear! We received fantastic reviews from family and friends who thoroughly enjoyed dancing the night away!

Private User
Recently Married

Karl was an excellent DJ at my wedding! The music and reception planner made it nice to help plan out the music and timeline of the evening. We wanted a wide variety of music and Karl nailed it. Everyone said how great the music was. Thank you!

Private User
Recently Married

We initially selected George because his personality and professionalism impressed us and seemed like a good fit to our own (enthusiastic, but not over the top), he was clearly very open to input from us on types of music which includes an online way to select the songs you want to hear not only for specific events but also for the party itself, and his price was pretty competitive with the rest in the area. He was very helpful and professional in all our exchanges in advance of the wedding, including trying to help figure out the flow of events and timing. At the wedding itself, he played big band music for us during dinner as background ambiance, and then during the wedding itself did a fantastic job with getting the party going and keeping it rocking. Throughout the service people kept commenting to me what a great job the DJ was doing with songs, and to me that is the hallmark of a good party. The dance floor was jam packed almost the entire time with everybody singing, dancing, and occasionally jumping around. We had a blast and were only sorry when the music ended, and even then I think he may have stuck around for a few more songs than we initially discussed on the timeline because things wound up running behind from the get go. We had a wonderful time and would enthusiastically recommend George to anyone who wants to have a really fun dance party at their reception.

Jeremy + Carina
06/28/2014

We ABSOLUTELY loved our DJ! We had a special request for a twist on the first dance and Troy, our designated DJ from Coastal DJ & Video, nailed it. He kept the party hopping with a great flow of tunes and was sure to stick to our preferred song list. They offer a great tool for adding in all your "must play", "do not play" and event-specific (first dance, intro, bouquet & garter toss) songs that really helped us plan the perfect party. We would highly recommend them and specifically Troy!

SG
Recently Married

From the first email and phone conversation, we could tell that Coastal DJ & Video would be a perfect fit for us. Our first exchange was with the owner, George Wainwright, who is an excellent communicator! After getting to know us and what kind of wedding we wanted, he first assigned DJ Kenny to do our reception. Kenny had a good sense of humor and is easy-going, but still professional. Kenny did a great job explaining how to use their online reception and music planner (which is fantastic, btw!). George continued to keep in touch with us throughout the planning process and gave us a heads up when Kenny was no longer able to DJ our wedding because of his school schedule. He assigned a backup DJ - Kerry - who was just as wonderful!

On the big day, Kerry did a fantastic job. He showed up on time, checked-in with us throughout dinner, played the songs we uploaded to the online planners, and made sure everyone was having a great time! We did not want to leave the dance floor and was so sad when it was time for the last song!

Needless to say, we had a chance to work with three different people at Coastal DJ & Video and truly enjoyed working with each of them. A million thanks to Coastal DJ & Video for a wonderful wedding reception!