Coastal DJ & Video

Value
Flexibility
Sarah
05/02/2015

ADRIAN WAS AWESOME!!!!!! We had an amazing time at our wedding thanks to coastal dj and video!!! The dance floor was ROCKING the entire time, I don't think there was one person not dancing! Coastal dj has been incredible throughout the whole planning phase to the actual event. Very helpful and very quick reaponse times with any thing that was needed or questions! So great and easy to work with, we would definitely reccomend Adrain to anyone, everyone is still talking about the amazing dj! Thank you so much for making our wedding the best day it was!!!!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

DJ Troy rocked our reception! He was so easy to work with during the planning process. He asked us a few questions to clarify on a couple of our more unique songs and requests, like an somewhat unusual bridal dance-polka. He nailed the song for it, and it ran so smoothly during the reception. Speaking of the planning process in general, I loved the Coastal DJ & Video website planning tools! It's so handy to have a database of songs to search through and save to a list. It was especially nice that you could listen to samples of the songs to ensure you would get exactly what you wanted.

Both my (now husband) and I love to dance, and I can honestly say that our wedding was the most I've danced at! Granted, yes, we chose most of the music, but the flow of songs was spot on. DJ Troy kept everyone on the dance floor and the energy high! Of course, every wedding needs a few slow songs, and they were perfectly placed! During the reception, he was very responsive to requests, too.

If anyone is looking for a professional and fun DJ to work with, then definitely use Coastal DJ & Video! They'll make your reception perfect! We are so glad we chose them!!

Services Used: DJ

I first contacted George several months ago regarding DJ services for our April 25th wedding. I immediately knew that I wanted to go with Coastal DJ & Video. They made the planning process incredibly easy, and kept me on track without making me feel overwhelmed. I decided after talking to several people that I wanted a videographer for my wedding, and George was able to coordinate that very quickly and painlessly for me. Karl was the DJ the night of my wedding and he was incredible! Our guests had an amazing time, and everyone was dancing the entire night. I would absolutely recommend Coastal DJ & Video to anyone who asks.

Services Used: DJ, Videography

George absolutely rocked! He was very flexible with small changes up until the day of, created an awesome father/daughter mix just two days before for us, he was set up on time, (even brought some help!), worked with my crazy family for introductions, and most importantly kept the dance floor full for the entire night...we even had to add another hour to his time because our guests were having so much fun! He talked just the right amount-so it wasn't a standup comedy show but he knew how to keep the crowd involved. Played the right music, and even went with the flow for our changes in the schedule throughout the reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ to make our wedding the BEST DAY EVER! Thanks George!

Coastal DJ & Video responded with the following comments:

Hi Samantha,
Thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of your wedding! I had so much fun entertaining you and all your family and friends. I'm certainly happy that I was able to deliver exactly what you had envisioned.

Thanks again for choosing Coastal DJ & Video for your special day!
All the best to you on your journey in marriage.

George Wainwright, Owner/DJ

Services Used: DJ

George and Coastal DJ were so amazing on our wedding day and for our rehearsal dinner. Everything ran smoothly and he kept everything on time such as the cake cutting, special dances, bouquet toss, garter toss, etc. You could tell that he was very experienced with weddings and really helped plan out our ceremony and reception. He provided many services for our wedding weekend, such as, rehearsal DJ, ceremony music, reception DJ, and video services. We cannot wait to see our video that was taken at our wedding. I know it will be amazing. My husband and I are so amazed at how George had the crowd going at the rehearsal and wedding. My family is really laid back and most of them were on the dance floor at our wedding. Not only was everything perfect the day of, but as far as communicating, George was always available for questions, emails, and phone calls. We cannot say enough about George and his staff. They really helped make our wedding everything we could've dreamed of!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Videography

Coastal DJ and Video provided DJ services for my wedding on April 4, 2015. I have had the pleasure of working with George and his company for the past 4 years as a High School teacher coordinating the Prom. Based on the professionalism and the quality of service his staff regularly provides, Coastal DJ and Video was the obvious choice for me and my husband. Karl was our DJ for the reception. He contacted us in advance, listened to our needs and desires for the atmosphere we wanted for our reception, and worked to make sure we and our guests had a great time.

Services Used: DJ

We are locals here in the outer banks. George and coastal Dj came recommended by other locals. I met with him in his office and he walked me through their website. I decided to book executive package and have the owner DJ our wedding. He answered all my questions and called me a few days before as well to go over the timeline I had submitted. I've been to wedding that were chaotic because things didn't happen when needed. The timeline was kept in check by him all night and he organized my crazy wedding party when he realized we couldn't get lined up for introductions into reception. Every speech, special songs, and dances were all played as requested. I definitely recommend Coastal DJ and George Wainwright.

Kirsten
Recently Married

George Wainwright with Coastal DJ was the best DJ we could have asked for. My husband and I have been to a lot of weddings in the past couple of years and we've heard some pretty bad DJs. We wanted someone who would get everyone on the dance floor at some point. George did this and much more, everyone danced and everyone raved about how awesome the music was. He picked a lot of songs we would not have thought to play, but everyone loved them. He switched it up so the young and the old got to have a good time and enjoy the night.

Throughout the whole planning process, he was easy to get a hold of. The online forms made it easy for us to let him know what we wanted to play the day of.

For guests the only things that matter at a wedding are good food, lots of drinks, and great dancing. Be smart, hire Coastal DJs and pay a little extra for George, your guests will thank you.

Services Used: DJ

We had DJ and video services for our big day. The DJ kept the party going and the videographer captured big moments of our day. They put us at ease for our out of state wedding.

Services Used: DJ, Videography

Karl with Coastal DJ and Video was extremely professional and worked with my daughter and I in the music selections for her wedding reception. He called prior to the wedding to confirm the particulars and the timeline. Karl was exactly the DJ we wanted as he kept the party going at a great pace without being over the top. Although we had more than enough song suggestions, he took a last minute request for a special song. Thank you so much for making my daughters wedding so wonderful!

Services Used: DJ

Coastal DJ provided friendly and professional services with awesome personalities. Both the DJ and Videographer were so easy to talk to and were willing to work with my crazy schedule. I definitely recommend Coastal Dj for any occasion!

Services Used: DJ, Videography

George was our DJ and we couldn't have been more pleased. The planning process is very professional and efficient. George was extremely responsive and flexible with last minute changes. He did an amazing job with both the ceremony and reception. Our guests were happy and the music was awesome. Book Coastal DJ for your event!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

I could not have asked for a better DJ. Karl from coastal DJ and video was our DJ and he was amazing. Anything we asked for he had. All communication with coastal DJ and video was through email because we lived out of state but they were always very quick with a response to answer all of our questions. I would highly recommend coastal DJ and video to anyone.

Leighton
1 Review
08/16/2014

George performed the DJ services for our Ocracoke wedding with short notice and was flawless. He did a great job keeping the reception flowing and energized and everyone attending was complementary of George and the reception in general. We didn't realize how important the DJ was in keeping the event moving with keeping things such as dances, toasts, speeches, and cake cutting in order and at the proper times. Everyone has a memory of an annoying DJ that talks too much or isn't the comedian they think they are; this was not George - He used the mic only when necessary, was professional, and was exactly what we were hoping for. We would recommend him/Coastal DJ to anyone.

Services Used: DJ

Coastal DJ & Video are the best, I used there service for my wedding reception. Karl DJ my reception and he was awesome! He helped me with planning the music for the reception, and the day of my wedding I had to change some things and he was very understanding and worked with me on it all. He is the best DJ around in my eyes! He was right on point with everything, I think he enjoyed being there and he didn't look at it as work. I would highly recommend Coastal DJ & Video to everyone.

Services Used: DJ

Our wedding planner suggested this vendor and she was spot on... we had a great experience with Coastal DJ. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and fit right in with our group at the reception. Our personal DJ even catered to my daughter during the whole event... let her sing in the microphone, let her put his headphones on... it meant a lot to her and even more to us. We would definitely use them again.