Coastal DJ & Video

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We booked George to handle our beach ceremony music and audio system, and Jonathan Rorech for our ceremony-only video...we LOVED both of them so much! George was able to find the exact versions of the songs we chose and executed the ceremony flawlessly! Jonathan's video was perfect - he arrived early to capture shots of the beach before the wedding, and then stayed after the ceremony to capture footage of the posed beach shots with the photographer. The end video was delivered so quickly, and is exactly what we were hoping for! We have watched it a thousand times. When you have the perfect wedding, all you want to do is re-live it over and over and over, and thanks to DJ Coastal & Video, we can!!! George and Jonathan were such cool, professional guys, too, so we were happy to have them be part of our wedding day! We can't thank you both enough! I highly recommend DJ Coastal & Video!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, Videography

DJ Karl killed it! He listened to what my fiance and I wanted for our wedding, a kick a$$ dance party and he delivered! I personally danced the whole entire night as did all of our guests. He played music to get everyone going. We also dealt with George during the beginning stages of planing and he was very attentive to our wants and needs. He was always quick to follow-up and made sure we stayed on track with their planning tools (which were super helpful and easy to use). I would definitely recommend using Coastal DJ, they were top notch!

Brittany
05/09/2015

We cannot thank George enough for an amazing ceremony and reception!! We booked George based on a referral and he is so easy-going and a joy to work with! He made planning our ceremony music so easy with great recommendations and suggestions. He worked with us to understand our vision for the reception and what type of music we wanted played. He kept the crowd going the whole night and everyone raved about how great the music was! He was always available via phone or email to answer our questions and was really flexible about adding additional services throughout the planning process. We would recommend George and his team for any event!!!

Theresa
1 Review
05/05/2015

We worked with George from Coastal DJ and Video and he did not disappoint! George was incredibly friendly, extremely fun, got our guests on the dance floor and kept them there ALL night even after we extended the party and extra hour! The planning process was very easy and straight forward, but when in doubt George was available to help out with whatever he could. He was in contact with us throughout the whole planning process and went over all of our final plans in detail ensuring our day went perfectly! We made our personal song selections, encouraged requests and left the rest to him. He did a great job feeling the crowd and catering to everyone's tastes in such a way that everyone stayed on the dance floor the whole night. I am completely impressed!! If you are looking for a DJ that will completely rock your reception and leave your family and friends raving you have to go with George at Coastal DJ and Video! Three weeks post wedding and our wedding guests are STILL talking about the amazing music and atmosphere. We could not be more pleased with George!

Sarah
05/02/2015

ADRIAN WAS AWESOME!!!!!! We had an amazing time at our wedding thanks to coastal dj and video!!! The dance floor was ROCKING the entire time, I don't think there was one person not dancing! Coastal dj has been incredible throughout the whole planning phase to the actual event. Very helpful and very quick reaponse times with any thing that was needed or questions! So great and easy to work with, we would definitely reccomend Adrain to anyone, everyone is still talking about the amazing dj! Thank you so much for making our wedding the best day it was!!!!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Private User
Recently Married

We did a little research when looking for a DJ, and saw the reviews on here were great so we thought we'd give Coastal a shot. George was incredibly responsive over email (within a few hours), and told us that he was booked for that weekend but recommended Karl instead. Karl is the best! We made a rule from the beginning that we wanted to hire vendors that we really liked as people, and we loved Karl immediately. Not only was he very organized, but he also just gave us a sense that our wedding was very important to him and he wanted to make it as special for us as possible. His #1 goal is to figure out what the couple wants and figure out priorities, and for us it was having fun and throwing a great party. Karl immediately lit up and told us about some songs that he loves to play at weddings (an eclectic mix ranging from GDFR to motown favorites), and that he loved reading the energy of the crowd to find the right mix.

Once we knew we had our DJ in Karl, we started using the website and it was great. It allows you to pick a group of songs that are must plays, a group that you'd like to be played if there is time available, and a group that you definitely don't want played. We went through and made our selections there, then submitted that and an extensive timeline using their planning tool. The timeline we built from their site ended up being the one we submitted to our other vendors too, because it was so easy to put together.

On the wedding day, Karl kept everyone dancing and having an absolute blast. He worked in special requests whenever they were given, and even worked with us on a few special surprises we had for the guests. Karl was incredible, and we had multiple guests tell us in the days afterward that it was the best music they'd ever heard at a wedding.

If you aren't just looking for a great DJ, but a great person, look no further than Karl. He'll do whatever it takes to make your wedding the amazing party you always wanted.

Services Used: DJ

DJ Troy rocked our reception! He was so easy to work with during the planning process. He asked us a few questions to clarify on a couple of our more unique songs and requests, like an somewhat unusual bridal dance-polka. He nailed the song for it, and it ran so smoothly during the reception. Speaking of the planning process in general, I loved the Coastal DJ & Video website planning tools! It's so handy to have a database of songs to search through and save to a list. It was especially nice that you could listen to samples of the songs to ensure you would get exactly what you wanted.

Both my (now husband) and I love to dance, and I can honestly say that our wedding was the most I've danced at! Granted, yes, we chose most of the music, but the flow of songs was spot on. DJ Troy kept everyone on the dance floor and the energy high! Of course, every wedding needs a few slow songs, and they were perfectly placed! During the reception, he was very responsive to requests, too.

If anyone is looking for a professional and fun DJ to work with, then definitely use Coastal DJ & Video! They'll make your reception perfect! We are so glad we chose them!!

Services Used: DJ

I first contacted George several months ago regarding DJ services for our April 25th wedding. I immediately knew that I wanted to go with Coastal DJ & Video. They made the planning process incredibly easy, and kept me on track without making me feel overwhelmed. I decided after talking to several people that I wanted a videographer for my wedding, and George was able to coordinate that very quickly and painlessly for me. Karl was the DJ the night of my wedding and he was incredible! Our guests had an amazing time, and everyone was dancing the entire night. I would absolutely recommend Coastal DJ & Video to anyone who asks.

Services Used: DJ, Videography

George absolutely rocked! He was very flexible with small changes up until the day of, created an awesome father/daughter mix just two days before for us, he was set up on time, (even brought some help!), worked with my crazy family for introductions, and most importantly kept the dance floor full for the entire night...we even had to add another hour to his time because our guests were having so much fun! He talked just the right amount-so it wasn't a standup comedy show but he knew how to keep the crowd involved. Played the right music, and even went with the flow for our changes in the schedule throughout the reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ to make our wedding the BEST DAY EVER! Thanks George!

Coastal DJ & Video responded with the following comments:

Hi Samantha,
Thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of your wedding! I had so much fun entertaining you and all your family and friends. I'm certainly happy that I was able to deliver exactly what you had envisioned.

Thanks again for choosing Coastal DJ & Video for your special day!
All the best to you on your journey in marriage.

George Wainwright, Owner/DJ

Services Used: DJ

George and Coastal DJ were so amazing on our wedding day and for our rehearsal dinner. Everything ran smoothly and he kept everything on time such as the cake cutting, special dances, bouquet toss, garter toss, etc. You could tell that he was very experienced with weddings and really helped plan out our ceremony and reception. He provided many services for our wedding weekend, such as, rehearsal DJ, ceremony music, reception DJ, and video services. We cannot wait to see our video that was taken at our wedding. I know it will be amazing. My husband and I are so amazed at how George had the crowd going at the rehearsal and wedding. My family is really laid back and most of them were on the dance floor at our wedding. Not only was everything perfect the day of, but as far as communicating, George was always available for questions, emails, and phone calls. We cannot say enough about George and his staff. They really helped make our wedding everything we could've dreamed of!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Videography

Coastal DJ and Video provided DJ services for my wedding on April 4, 2015. I have had the pleasure of working with George and his company for the past 4 years as a High School teacher coordinating the Prom. Based on the professionalism and the quality of service his staff regularly provides, Coastal DJ and Video was the obvious choice for me and my husband. Karl was our DJ for the reception. He contacted us in advance, listened to our needs and desires for the atmosphere we wanted for our reception, and worked to make sure we and our guests had a great time.

Services Used: DJ

We are locals here in the outer banks. George and coastal Dj came recommended by other locals. I met with him in his office and he walked me through their website. I decided to book executive package and have the owner DJ our wedding. He answered all my questions and called me a few days before as well to go over the timeline I had submitted. I've been to wedding that were chaotic because things didn't happen when needed. The timeline was kept in check by him all night and he organized my crazy wedding party when he realized we couldn't get lined up for introductions into reception. Every speech, special songs, and dances were all played as requested. I definitely recommend Coastal DJ and George Wainwright.

Kirsten
Recently Married

George Wainwright with Coastal DJ was the best DJ we could have asked for. My husband and I have been to a lot of weddings in the past couple of years and we've heard some pretty bad DJs. We wanted someone who would get everyone on the dance floor at some point. George did this and much more, everyone danced and everyone raved about how awesome the music was. He picked a lot of songs we would not have thought to play, but everyone loved them. He switched it up so the young and the old got to have a good time and enjoy the night.

Throughout the whole planning process, he was easy to get a hold of. The online forms made it easy for us to let him know what we wanted to play the day of.

For guests the only things that matter at a wedding are good food, lots of drinks, and great dancing. Be smart, hire Coastal DJs and pay a little extra for George, your guests will thank you.

Services Used: DJ

We had DJ and video services for our big day. The DJ kept the party going and the videographer captured big moments of our day. They put us at ease for our out of state wedding.

Services Used: DJ, Videography

Karl with Coastal DJ and Video was extremely professional and worked with my daughter and I in the music selections for her wedding reception. He called prior to the wedding to confirm the particulars and the timeline. Karl was exactly the DJ we wanted as he kept the party going at a great pace without being over the top. Although we had more than enough song suggestions, he took a last minute request for a special song. Thank you so much for making my daughters wedding so wonderful!

Services Used: DJ

Coastal DJ provided friendly and professional services with awesome personalities. Both the DJ and Videographer were so easy to talk to and were willing to work with my crazy schedule. I definitely recommend Coastal Dj for any occasion!