City of Commerce Flowers

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I just recently had my wedding and used City of Commerce Flowers for the event. I LOVE flowers, so I was very particular on the subject of florals. Lindy was such a pleasure to work with! She is so laid back and made designing a concept so easy! She is an artist in the true sense of the word. I had multiple people tell me that our flowers were the most beautiful they had ever seen, which I can attribute to Lindy in full of course.

Lindy-- thank you for making our day so gorgeous, for being so great to work with, and for caring so much about your clients. I look forward to working with you for years to come!!

Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
VERY REASONABLY PRICED! I worked with Duke at Commerce Flowers and he was able to give me everything I wanted for my wedding at such a great price! They even offer a small percentage discount if you pay in cash.

I was pretty discouraged after many flower companies quoted me very high, since our wedding was a week before Valentine's Day, but that really seemed like marketing ploy from the other floral companies.

Duke was able to go above and beyond! He even recommended we use the flowers from the ceremony arch and re-use them as a head table arrangement, so that we didn't have to spend more than we needed to. We did the same thing with our aisle runner arrangements and used them as centerpieces at our reception. My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous. White garden roses and peonies that were so full and smelled incredible. I supplied Duke with a Swarovski crystal wrap and it turned out amazing. I loved my blingy bouquet! Our flowers were gorgeous!
Wedding: 02/07/2014

Elizabeth 8 Reviews
Everything was beautiful with my flowers by commerce flowers. Finding a good florists was hard, I met with over 5 vendors and for one thing or another I could not book them. My sister finally remembered Duke from Commerce flowers and upon our first meeting I booked him. He listened to what I wanted and knew what flowers would work. I emailed him a couple of times and he answered fairly quickly. Prices are very good too! Like I said I met with lots of florists and some of the prices were wayyyy to much, but Commerce flowers worked within my budget. I will use them again for other events.
Wedding: 01/25/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Price is very competitive and was willing to work with my budget. Duke was very accommodating with what I wanted. I'm not too particular with my flower choices as it's not a huge thing for me but they provided super high quality flowers and everyone kept telling me how pretty they were!

Aside from the old fashion, taking handwritten notes and some miscommunications, they outperformed themselves and at a great value! I would definitely recommend them to my friends for weddings, and any occasions they will be needing flowers.
Wedding: 11/30/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beautiful flowers and great value!
City of Commerce Flowers really came through for my wedding. We had an arch for the ceremony that was later broken down to be used on the mantles in the reception room. The flowers for the aisle were some of the centerpieces and everything was beautiful. Duke is a pleasure to work with and he got all my flowers exactly like I imagined. They even decorated my cake and it was gorgeous. I'll admit that the ordering process may seem unorganized because everything is hand written with hand sketches, but what City of Commerce Flowers delivers at the end is beautiful and you really get your values worth. Duke even set it up so that I wouldn't need to return anything back to the shop; their staff picked up the rented vases from our venue.
Wedding: 11/16/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Duke and his daughter were amazing to work with. They have the feel of a mom and pop shop, but their work is outstanding and very very reasonably priced. I'm so happy I was referred to them.
Wedding: 11/02/2013

Janina 4 Reviews
Commerce did my flowers for my wedding. I met with the owner Duke, who is a super sweet man. Commerce gave me a much better price than any other quotes I had received. The flowers exceeded my expectations. I was floored and shouted like a kid on Christmas morning when I saw my bouquet- I felt like crying it was so beautiful. They do everything kind of old school, so my only suggestion would be to follow up with them the week before and day before your event. They called me that morning to get information that I had already given them and that is the ONLY thing I would say was "Wrong". Other than that, I had not a single issue with them and the flowers were on time to my event. They even sent a few extras to make sure we had all we needed, and I loved the feeling that they were looking out for me. They are a friendly warm vendor to work with and I highly suggest doing business w them
Wedding: 10/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
All our floral d├ęcor was purchased from this vendor for our wedding. Our ceremony, reception, cake, flutes/cake cutter, flower girl basket, etc. The flowers made our venue for both ceremony & reception stand out. I was referred to by a friend and after speaking with Duke I was confident he will do a fantastic job and was not disappointed :)
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
City of Commerce Flowers did a fabulous job on our flowers. Duke (the owner) is delightful and so easy to work with. You need to know that he writes everything our by hand and scans that over and sends that to your e-mail. They are not super computerized there in terms of your invoice or estimate but they do a beautiful job and they provide what they promise and even more. My parents hired him for my sister's wedding at the Luxe Hotel on Sunset Blvd. and then again one year later for my wedding at the Smog Shoppe in Culver City. They have experience everywhere. They are honest, will give you a fair price, and do beautiful work they take great pride and care in. I highly recommend them.
Wedding: 07/14/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Have been ordering flowers from them for years, so when it came time for my wedding, there was no question where I would go. My bridal arrangement was beautiful, from bouquet, maid of honors bouquet, toss bouquet, mothers & grandmothers corsages, groom & my son (ring bearer) to my daughters flower crown (flower girl)....Duke is the best! He took my ideas and gave me such a beautiful arrangement. Thank u commerce flowers and duke. Wishing u many more years of success in your business
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Commerce Flowers were incredible! I didn't necessarily have a "image" in mind, but they got to know me and my husband and our personalities. The more we worked together, they got a clearer picture of what the type of atmosphere we wanted. My bouquet was all hot pink! I only wanted whites and pinks. They built these wonderful pool floaters that my wedding guests are still raving about! Commerce has everything you could want in house - we used manzanita branches (sprayed white), hanging candles, LED candles in the pool, a mixture of tall and short square bases on the center pieces.

Our centerpieces were seriously majestic! They were so well done and tailored to the overall feel of the wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone in the Southern California area!
Wedding: 06/21/2013
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I worked with Duke for my wedding. He is very sweet BUT he has an older mindset so there will be no email correspondence and everything will be handwritten and whited out multiple times. This made me very nervous so I took the time to type up a multi-page document with photos and specific instructions on what I wanted and where and at what time. Needless to say they didn't look at any of it. Especially on the wedding day because I had their driver calling me and showing up with the wrong items. Also my bouquet was not as we had discussed. They tried to fix it as best they could but eventually his daughter gave me a attitude when I rejected the bouquet a second time. Other than my bouquet, the flowers did turn out great and the price is definitely reasonable. I just deducted the one star due to the extra stress they added. All in all, they really know their stuff and Duke is willing to work with you to get down to your budget.
Wedding: 06/15/2013

KC 7 Reviews
Duke and his staff at Commerce Flowers are really friendly, great people. Duke is a third generation florist and you can tell he loves what he does (and is very knowledgeable at it!). I got SO MANY compliments on our wedding day flowers. The flowers came out fresh, in beautiful colors, and lasted throughout the night without wilting! However, even though they were beautiful they did not really look like our samples, lol. If you are a bride who's very particular about flowers and setup, they would not be the right vendor for you. If they do not have the flowers on your wedding day they will substitute (ie. my bouquet was supposed to have shades of pink peonies, but they only had white) and certain details get lost (our centerpieces were supposed to have astilbe and ranunculus, not too much green. The bouquets were missing certain types of flowers, etc). But if you are easy going, they will create really beautiful pieces for you. Despite our flowers not looking like our samples, I still had a great experience with Commerce Flowers and would recommend them to any bride - especially if you have a large wedding as their prices are very fair! They are always friendly, easy to get a hold of on the phone and delivery on the wedding day was spot on. I plan to have them recreate my bouquet on our anniversary and can't wait to work with them again.
Wedding: 06/01/2013
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
When it came to the flowers for my wedding, I was looking for a very elegant look where the flowers would add significantly to the decor.

However, I was utterly disinterested in participating in an uptight florist consultation in a fancy boutique shop where I would have to "ooh and aah" over overly-priced arrangements and effectively hear that my 12 centerpieces would run me $4000.

So, you can imagine how impressed and relieved I was to find Commerce Flowers. It was VERY refreshing to walk into a "flower warehouse" of sorts in the middle of the City of Commerce, and be greeted by dozens of happy staff members as they worked busily on various floral projects. It really is a factory/warehouse (not floral shop) feel to it, but it had a lovely family/personal charm to it. I loved and welcomed this very genuine, no-frills feel as a breath of fresh air in what can be a more fake wedding service industry!

I worked with Liz, who showed me some binders of photographs of arrangements. I had also brought in some photos for inspiration myself, and she immediately demonstrated that she knew exactly what I was going for. In the end, when she asked me my budget, she told me it was workable, as their policy was to stay within the budget to help reach your floral needs.

There was minimal anxiety here and there about whether they received my emails, as they do not respond quickly. Plus, all your requests are written down on blank paper and ultimately scanned in, so not as tech-savvy.

The day of, they arrived early and did beautiful work on setup. What kind professionals that work here! Guests loved the flowers, and I was even more impressed than I had imagined I would be.

The only issue was that despite several attempts at informing them that I had changed my mind about not including a certain color flower in the final arrangements, that color was indeed included. Didn't make a huge difference, but I am more relaxed about such.

They are super!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
4.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  2.5

Private User 2 Reviews
Lindy did an AMAZING job with the flowers at our wedding. Everyone has been commenting on our center pieces. They looked like they cost triple what we paid and they were EXACTLY what I wanted.

The only thing that frustrated me was her responsiveness. It was very hard to get an answer from her via email. You have to pick up the phone and call if you want an answer but the end product was STUNNING!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
COC Flowers is really top notch! Their florists have great ideas and have incredible knowledge about in-season flowers and decor ideas. Because they have so much business, their response times can be a bit slow, however they still provide great service, flowers, and are very fun to work with. Thanks!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
 323-265-4377
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire