Children's Museum of Pittsburgh

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.6 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Children's Museum is a fantastic venue. We had our wedding ceremony in the Old Post Office/Studio, cocktail hour in the entry space, and dinner and dancing in the Buhl/ Big Red Room. Jenna and the CMP staff were helpful and attentive from minute one. They were very flexible and allowed us to make a few deliveries of equipment, food, and beverages at different times- a huge help- and all details were attended to quickly and with thoughtfulness. We elected to bring in our own beer and wine- this was very important to us, since we're beer snobs/enthusiasts! Before the ceremony, we had a nice, private space downstairs to hang out with family. Again, Jenna and the staff were wonderful- they took great care of us, the ceremony and reception went very smoothly, and most importantly, we had a wonderful wedding! The CMP is such a neat venue- historic and modern, elegant and fun, and it's wonderful asset for Pittsburgh.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jenna and Julia are absolutely amazing! They helped us in executing every detail of our wedding reception. They are extremely easy to get in touch with, very friendly, and extremely professional. We met in-person as well as communicated via e-mail to work out the details of the wedding (e.g., table arrangements, photo booth placement, etc.). Having ample parking for all guests was also a plus. We used the Big Red Room for our reception and it looked fabulous. We highly recommend working with the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh for your wedding!

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
Trang
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Children's Museum is fantastic place to get married if you are looking for a unique, spirited venue in Pittsburgh. It really is a special place as the building has so much character and flair. My now husband and I fell in love with it immediately upon our first visit, and we were thrilled we selected the museum for our wedding/reception since it reflected us as a couple. We received numerous complements from our guests of how fun and unique the museum space was. Jenna, the event coordinator, was fantastic and super helpful with every question and detail I had. I was planning from out of town, so I appreciated how she was very organized and so easy to work with. The Children's Museum staff was also very friendly, and they were quick with both the set up and break down of the wedding. We had a great time at our wedding and would definitely recommend the museum.

• Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for a fun and funky place to have your event, the Children's Museum is definitely the place. For our wedding, we rented out the bottom floor of the museum and were able to take pictures throughout the entire museum. Our guests absolutely LOVED the space and so did we!

Everything flowed so smoothly thanks to the the help of Jenna Shucknecht and her staff. Jenna and I emailed countless times to set up exact floor plans, go through timing, and through all the the little details. I was planning the wedding from out of town so she was always accommodating to squeeze in time to see me on my visits to Pittsburgh. She is incredibly easy going and professional.

On the day of the wedding, her staff helped set up the museum absolutely perfectly. Our friends and family loved the art stations that you can set up (for no extra charge!) and photo booth that the Children's Museum provides.

I highly recommend checking out the Children's Museum for a special event!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts
Ariel
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was definitely THE fun venue for a special occasion. What a unique space! Everything was fantastic and the staff was accommodating, organized and professional. I cannot say enough about the event! THANKS for providing a memorable wedding!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
Meg
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Children's Museum of Pittsburgh exceeded our expectations as the venue for our wedding. Jenna, the special events coordinator, is a joy to work with. She is responsive, without bothering you about every little detail. I didn't worry about anything concerning the venue on the day our our reception because I knew Jenna and the staff of the Children's Museum had it all taken care of.

The venue is so classy and different than any hotel ballroom you will find. Our guests loved the photobooth and silly faces video board too.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such a fun place to play on our special day! Thank you so much Jenna and your staff! You guys catered to every whim and made everyone of our guest feel at home

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
heather
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My groom and I really liked the look of the Children's Museum online and from some of the photos of other weddings that had taken place there, but wow, when we saw it in person and met with Jenna, we were sold. I feel like you get SO much for your money having your wedding here (note: we only had our reception here, in the Big Red Room). They include all the tables and chairs! What?! You can (actually have to) buy your own booze—this may be a negative for some people, but it was a HUGE positive for us, as we saved A LOT of money and were able to get exactly what we wanted (like an assortment of beers from Church Brew Works). And, it's so artsy and colorful that it doesn't take much to make the space really spectacular. We kind of catered our colors to the colors of the space and it was really perfect. Also, we had 100 guests, and the size of the space was just right (although you could totally get away with more, I'm sure all the way up to 200). I loved this space and Jenna was so great to work with. A+++ ——— a hidden wedding reception gem!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Jenna, the event planner at the museum, is fantastic. She was very helpful, very professional, and I really felt like she had a handle on everything that was going on. I'm a high strung nut job, so I had things pretty well laid out, but she filled in every missing detail without missing a beat. The big red room is awesome for a reception, and the lobby was perfect for happy hour. We got married in the park, and it was perfect. People have no idea what they're in for when you tell them to attend a wedding at the children's museum; I think some guests were surprised at the casual elegance of the room. The room, the available caterers (all great choices) and the ability to bring in our own booze were the deal makers. I'm obsessed with food, so the food and drink had to be top notch - truly good, not just 'good for a wedding'. We really didn't want your standard hotel ballroom type reception. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if you want something a bit more...unpretentious but classic, i.e. just a beautiful party for adults, then this is the place. We were considering all of the museums, but I also wanted to get married outside, and this place had it all. Ok, so it isn't perfect though. My biggest complaint is the lack of flexibility, just because it results in extra $$$. Jenna does the best she can, but they are open all weekend, so it limits when you can bring stuff in and when vendors have to get stuff out (results in some large delivery fees). So, discuss schedule in that first meeting. Jenna is very good about letting you bring stuff the day before, and I was able to pick up a few things the day after. Also, you have to firmly decide your end time, and extending it is very expensive (mostly museum expense); we didn't end up needing our extra half hour. Also, the rental bill is huge, negating the savings from bringing your own alcohol. However, in the end, I got everything I wanted with a price tag I could stomach. It was perfect!

4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

It was very difficult to bring in an outside caterer, but the venue was beautiful. The guests had a fantastic time. It would have been nice if they could have been open past 11:00 PM.

• Wedding: 06/02/2007
412-322-5058
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire