Chef's Expressions

Chef's Expressions

Full Service Off-Premise Caterer

9526 Deereco Road
Timonium, MD 21093 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 1000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chef's Expressions, particularly Bonny and Alicia, provided wonderful service at our wedding! I was impressed at how efficient everything was and how often people came to check on us. Everyone loved the food, particularly the hors d'ouevres! Bonny was very responsive to my phone calls and emails, and she did so much to make everything run smoothly. Thank you again for an amazing wedding!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chef's Expressions was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had the fortunate opportunity to work closely with Jennifer Pellegrino on our wedding. She was extremely pleasant to work with and was always available for our questions and concerns. The entire Chef's Expressions team was professional and provided high quality of service.

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Chef's Expressions for our recent wedding at the George Peabody Library, and could not be more pleased with their service. Bonny and Alicia were incredibly helpful from day one - always responding to emails and answering questions very promptly.
Our guests our still raving about the food (as are we!), and Alicia was a dream to work with the night of the wedding. She checked in with us frequently to make sure we had time to eat, and that the timeline was flowing smoothly and how we wanted.
My only suggestion is to ensure you coordinate the pick-up of any decorations that the Chef's staff sets up for you at the wedding. Even if Chef's brings it to the location, you will need to take everything with you after the event (rather than picking it up the next day). We had to delegate quickly for this!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were looking for something a little different from our wedding catering, and did Chef’s Expressions deliver! Our guests loved all the food, from the maple bacon hors d'oeuvres to the barbecued beef brisket and macaroni and cheese. Despite the casual food options, Jen Pellegrino and the rest of the Chef’s Expressions staff did a fantastic job of keeping our event classy and tasteful while still being a great time for my husband and me as well as our guests.
In addition to fantastic day-of hospitality, Jen met with us regularly to discuss our options and was able to accommodate us in many ways in order to make our event a success. She made sure we ate, and even wrapped up boxes of food for my husband and me to take home - wedding dinner times two! We would highly recommend her and her team to anyone looking for great food and great service!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved working with Chef's Expressions! The food at our wedding was incredible but their best quality is really their service. Bonny doubled as our wedding coordinator for the day of and did a perfect job. She makes sure all of the vendors are ready to go and helps to guide the processional. Bonny's staff is also incredible. We had a very large wedding and they were great with both the cocktail hour and dinner service. They also provided the cake for free which was delicious. They are not cheap but they are worth it if you're able to afford them!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Worth every penny!!!! Chef's Expressions did a fabulous job catering and coordinating our reception! The food was outrageously delicious, from the appetizers to the bacon-wrapped chicken stuffed with four types of Italian cheese. The entire staff was a delight! They also made our wedding cake, which was both gorgeous and scrumptious.

Moreover, our catering manager, Amanda, was a god-send. She had everything running like a well-oiled machine and always had a smile on her face. I cannot speak highly enough of her! She was like a fairy godmother who just made magic happen - professional, kind, organized, and efficient, while also just being so fun to work with!

Hands down, Chef's Expressions was fantastic!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Bonny and Alicia, and I can't recommend them enough. Very nice folks, easy to work with, and they know what they are doing. The guests loved the food. And the servers made sure we (the couple) were fed and had whatever we needed to drink. They all did a great job. I would absolutely recommend them.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chef's Expressions was a dream come true for our wedding catering. Jen in particular was lovely to work with - she helped us through the process from the get-go, working with us on what we wanted for our menu, helping find all the extras we wanted, keeping in touch and answering our many questions as the day approached. On our wedding day the food that Chef's Expressions served was not only incredibly tasty and beautiful-looking, Jen also made sure all our decorations and set-up in general was executed just as we wanted it. All our guests repeatedly complimented us on the food, the service, the options provided, and the professionalism of all the staff that helped us, in particular Jen. Overall I would highly recommend Chef's Expressions for wedding catering services!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chef's expressions worked with us to allow our wedding vision to come to fruition.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

People could not stop raving about the food at our wedding. Chef's was professional and wonderful to work with from start to finish. They were amazing!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Jen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't say thank you enough for the work that chef's expressions and Jen Pellegrino did for our wedding. From the beginning stages when we were looking for a caterer to the actual wedding day - everything was perfection. People loved the food and, what's even better, we didn't need to worry about a thing the night of the wedding. Jen took care of it all, including packing up our car at the end of the night and sending home a "midnight snack" with leftovers from dinner. In need of a caterer, don't look anywhere else.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can not say enough amazing things about Chef's expressions. Their work is incredibly flawless. We worked with Bonny Opper their senior event design consultant for our wedding on 4/26/14 in Baltimore City. She was amazing. She is so knowledgable of every aspect of a wedding reception, from the way chairs should be placed, to an outline of a room, to how guests should be greeted. She knows exactly how a party should flow and to make the maximum use out of any area. Her assistants are equally wonderful. And the food is delicious! We got amazing compliments all night about how great our food was and how uniquely set up everything was. We did a formal version on 3 food stations where the food was beautifully plated for each guest by a trained and knowledgable chef. Bonny and her staff made our wedding day flawless from the cocktail hour to the reception. She had great ideas of how to keep our guests happy and full of drinks and food. She also took care of contacting all of my other vendors and coordinated everything with them for the day of too. The linens they use and the lighting and the table/chair rentals are also perfect. I wanted chevron table linens and she found the perfect ones. Bonny also made sure my husband and I were ushered off to our own personal room at the site so we had a chance to enjoy some delicious hors d'oeuvres and a drink before jumping into the ceremony festivities. She and her assistants were very easy to get ahold of and answer questions in a very short time. And all the items I dropped off to her before the wedding (decor, guest book etc) was perfectly placed exactly where I wanted it. I can not say enough amazing things about Bonny and Chef's Expressions. I would highly HIGHLY recommend them for your wedding or any party that requires catering. You can not do any better then them.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It is no secret that Chef's Expressions is great. I hired them to cater my wedding at the suggestions of my wedding planners. My husband and I worked with Bonny, who is wonderful. We went with passed hors d'oeuvres, food stations as well as having the pastry chef make the cake. The food was fantastic, we received so many compliments! Now the cake: I wanted a cake instead of the trendy cupcakes, pies, etc because I think they're pretty and add to the wedding decor. I sent a picture to Bonny for what I wanted the cake to look like thinking it would be some version of my request. When I got to the reception I was FLOORED. The cake was absolutely stunning, it was exactly the design that I wanted - it was simple and beautiful. The cake was also delicious! Wedding cake is never good. This wedding cake was the best I've ever had and so many guests approached me telling me how much they loved the cake. My husband and I went with an open bar. The signature cocktail that Chef's created was wonderful. We were also able to substitute out the standard beers for 3 beers that we really love for, what I thought, to be a very reasonable price. The staff at the wedding was friendly, professional and efficient. I could not have been more happy with Chef's Expressions!

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
KarenKamp
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chef's Expressions was the caterer for my wedding this past February and they were amazing. Before I go on I must publicly thank and praise Bonny, Christine and Chris for their professionalism, kindness, responsiveness, patience, and assistance. Literally, I could not have gotten married without them! Top-tier food was a priority for my spouse and I at our wedding and Chef's Expressions did not disappoint. They put together an amazing and customized menu for us. The meal was elegant, filling, and delicious. So many guests have told me that this was the best food they have ever eaten at a wedding; exactly what we were hoping for. The bartenders poured perfect drinks, the waiters all looked great, were quick and polite, and the setup was perfect. Bonny helped us create the customized look we wanted for the space. She sat with us patiently while we selected linens, tableware, chairs, and tables. They could not have been better and everything went perfectly. Chef's Expressions coordinated the day perfectly and did everything with ease and grace. They are worth every penny!

• Wedding: 02/15/2014
Samuel
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't have asked for more. I got compliment after compliment from our guests on the quality of the food. Completely thrilled!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got married at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore, MD and our caterer, Chef’s Expressions, delivered beyond belief. The combination of phenomenal food, stellar service, and excellent business savvy set Chef's apart from the rest. Chef's acted as our caterer, wedding-day coordinator for the ceremony/ reception, and vendor manager.

During the year of wedding planning, Chef's was always prompt in responding to my questions from budget and billing inquiries to wedding-day details such as the cake design, food tasting, menu card, floor plan, and reception setup. I always got a response to my questions within a couple of hours from either Bonny or Christine, even if just to tell me that they were out and would respond in detail the next day.

We had an excellent tasting of our menu a couple of months prior to the wedding, but the wedding-day food was even better! Both my husband and I got numerous compliments about the high quality of food and the beautiful presentation of the courses. I didn't have one guest complain about the food. Quite the opposite-one guest even said that the beef tenderloin they served was “actually steak”- the right pinkness, temperature, and tenderness. Everyone raved about the carrot cake with cream cheese icing filling, which was the perfect choice for our fall wedding. Krista was our personal server and made sure we had a taste of all of our hors d’oeuvres and that our entrees came out warm when we were seated and not greeting guests. Chef’s handled all of our guests’ dietary restrictions perfectly. We cannot stress enough the compliments we received on our food and how the quality of food will make or break your wedding.

Hiring Chef's to caterer our wedding was the best decision we made and, after seeing their spectacular delivery for our wedding, a no-brainer. Guests remember the food and venue more than anything else, so hire Chef's and make a great lasting impression!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
410-561-2433
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards