Chef's Expressions

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

I first had contact with this vendor at the Gramercy's open house. The woman who attended the event was very friendly and knowledgable. I told her that I planned to do a "caramel apple bar" and she said that it was not on their menu, but they could make it happen. I was MORE than excited. The food they brought with them to the open house was amazing! The decision was instant.

We met with them not too long ago to plan a menu and pick out the linens. The staff is very helpful and Bonnie is awesome!

Services Used: Catering

I knew from the moment we pulled up to Chef’s Expression and there was a reserved parking spot for us this catering company was not like others we met with. We worked with Jen and she could not have been more helpful. She was extremely familiar with our venue and was able to paint a picture in our mind that was even more beautiful when the real day came around. Throughout the process Jen acted as more than an event design consultant, she helped as a wedding planner would. Jen answered ALL my emails in a timely manner and always offered superb assistance. We attended one of their monthly wine dinners and had the opportunity to meet the owner who was just as lovely as Jen. As for the food and the service, it could not have been more spot on. Our appetizers were the most AMAZING wedding apps I have ever had. Our guests were so impressed. The meals came out quickly and were delicious. We had a special attended who catered to my husband and I all night. The cake was beautiful and tasty! At the end of the night I was sad to say bye to Jen since we had been in close contact for a year and she helped make sure everything was as I wished that night. I would highly recommend Chef’s Expressions! They single handedly made our wedding perfect.

Services Used: Catering

I will be forever grateful to Bonny who helped make my wedding so amazing! Everything was better than I ever imagined. People were impressed by all the details and how amazing the food was.

Recently Married

Food was outstanding: hors d'oeuvres, salad, appetizer, main course, and cake! The service also was friendly and guests with special dietary needs were taken care of very well. The staff members were pleasant and patient and very receptive to changing the menu. I highly recommend this caterer and plan to use them for other events.

Services Used: Catering

Chef's Expressions catered our recent wedding in June 2015 aboard Raven that sailed out of the Baltimore Inner Harbor. I was looking at 2 caterers, the other being a very well known Baltimore caterer, but selected Chef's Expressions because Bonny, their Catering Manager was so responsive when I first contacted her. She was terrific. She would always respond quickly to my emails or phone calls. She had great suggestions while we were planning the menu for the reception, and the decorations on the tables. We had a cocktail reception first, when our guests first boarded the ship, then the ceremony, and afterwards the reception. It was a change to how most weddings go, but Chef's Expressions was terrific. Everything was absolutely perfect for our special day. The food from Chef's Expressions was excellent, well presented and our guests are still talking about it how delicious it was. The staff were professional and courteous. Chef's Expressions offered to include my wedding cake in the contract as well, which made planning very easy for me. The cake was delicious too!!! I cannot thank Bonny and Chef's Expressions enough for making our wedding day so perfect! You won't gone wrong in choosing them as a caterer for your event.

Services Used: Catering

I worked with Bonny and Alicia at Chef's Expressions for our wedding at the Peabody in May 2015. Chef's Expressions exceeded our expectations in so many ways:

- They work at the Peabody pretty much every weekend, so they know the place through and through. They were able to give us floor plans and suggested timelines for our wedding.
- In planning the menu, you have complete freedom for creativity. Bonny and her staff were able to bring in a dim sum cart as a nod to our heritage, which our guests loved.
- The food is GOOD. Not wedding "good". Sit-down-restaurant-pay-a lot freaking delicious good. They also made my wedding cake which was absolutely stunning, and gave us the top tier to take home (along with plenty of leftovers) afterwards.
- Chef's worked within our budget, making numerous revisions to our contract until we were happy.
- Chef's helped with our decor and tablescape setup, and called all our other vendors to coordinate setup, since the Peabody only allows for a small window of setup time.
- They also worked with us on linens and chair rentals so that we had one less item to worry about.
- I inquired with the other caterer our venue allows, and found Bonny and her staff far more responsive than their competitor. I received a quote from her (taking into consideration all of our preferences) within a week; their competitor took over a month to get back to me. There's just no comparison.

Absolutely the best service. I would hire them all over again.

1 person found this review helpful
1 Review
Recently Married

The ultimate professionals in every way! Food was outstanding. Staff courteous and helpful. Bonnie and Alicia are the dream team!!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
Leon
1 Review
03/21/2015

Bonny and Alicia did a great job. They really took the time to listen and understand the type of event we wanted and did everything they could to make it happen. The night flowed seamlessly and they made sure everything was going according to plan. We received multiple comments on how great the food and the cake was. Overall extremely happy that we went with Chef's Expressions for our wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning

Chef's Expressions, particularly Bonny and Alicia, provided wonderful service at our wedding! I was impressed at how efficient everything was and how often people came to check on us. Everyone loved the food, particularly the hors d'ouevres! Bonny was very responsive to my phone calls and emails, and she did so much to make everything run smoothly. Thank you again for an amazing wedding!

Services Used: Catering

Chef's Expressions was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had the fortunate opportunity to work closely with Jennifer Pellegrino on our wedding. She was extremely pleasant to work with and was always available for our questions and concerns. The entire Chef's Expressions team was professional and provided high quality of service.

Services Used: Catering

I cannot say enough about Chef's Expressions and Bonny Opper. I worked with Chef's Expressions and Bonny for my wedding at Gramercy Mansion on 10/26/14. From the first time meeting Bonny at a wedding open house I immediately knew I wanted to work with her. Her dedication and professionalism were easily apparent, but she also expressed immense creativity and passion for her work. She recommended each of my vendors and she was spot on with every one! She also worked with me individually to develop a custom menu that was not only seasonal but also very personal to my fiance and me. She and Chef's helped me plan my menu, decor, timeline for the day, from start to finish with zero stress!

The day of my wedding everything was flawless! The food was amazing and Bonny worked with each vendor to ensure that everything was absolutely perfect! We even had our own assigned waiter that brought us our dinner from the stations, desserts, cake, drinks, etc. The best part of all - Bonny had hors'duerves delivered to our room during the cocktail hour (for us to eat together after pictures) AND packed up and delivered food/drinks/champagne/cake to our room after the wedding for an afterparty!!

I would 100% recommend Chef's Expressions to any bride/couple and don't forget to ask for Bonny!

Services Used: Catering

We used Chef's Expressions for our recent wedding at the George Peabody Library, and could not be more pleased with their service. Bonny and Alicia were incredibly helpful from day one - always responding to emails and answering questions very promptly.
Our guests our still raving about the food (as are we!), and Alicia was a dream to work with the night of the wedding. She checked in with us frequently to make sure we had time to eat, and that the timeline was flowing smoothly and how we wanted.
My only suggestion is to ensure you coordinate the pick-up of any decorations that the Chef's staff sets up for you at the wedding. Even if Chef's brings it to the location, you will need to take everything with you after the event (rather than picking it up the next day). We had to delegate quickly for this!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake

We were looking for something a little different from our wedding catering, and did Chef’s Expressions deliver! Our guests loved all the food, from the maple bacon hors d'oeuvres to the barbecued beef brisket and macaroni and cheese. Despite the casual food options, Jen Pellegrino and the rest of the Chef’s Expressions staff did a fantastic job of keeping our event classy and tasteful while still being a great time for my husband and me as well as our guests.
In addition to fantastic day-of hospitality, Jen met with us regularly to discuss our options and was able to accommodate us in many ways in order to make our event a success. She made sure we ate, and even wrapped up boxes of food for my husband and me to take home - wedding dinner times two! We would highly recommend her and her team to anyone looking for great food and great service!

Recently Married

We loved working with Chef's Expressions! The food at our wedding was incredible but their best quality is really their service. Bonny doubled as our wedding coordinator for the day of and did a perfect job. She makes sure all of the vendors are ready to go and helps to guide the processional. Bonny's staff is also incredible. We had a very large wedding and they were great with both the cocktail hour and dinner service. They also provided the cake for free which was delicious. They are not cheap but they are worth it if you're able to afford them!

Services Used: Catering

Worth every penny!!!! Chef's Expressions did a fabulous job catering and coordinating our reception! The food was outrageously delicious, from the appetizers to the bacon-wrapped chicken stuffed with four types of Italian cheese. The entire staff was a delight! They also made our wedding cake, which was both gorgeous and scrumptious.

Moreover, our catering manager, Amanda, was a god-send. She had everything running like a well-oiled machine and always had a smile on her face. I cannot speak highly enough of her! She was like a fairy godmother who just made magic happen - professional, kind, organized, and efficient, while also just being so fun to work with!

Hands down, Chef's Expressions was fantastic!

1 person found this review helpful
Nancy
09/13/2014

Flexibility at event was wonderful, and compliments to the chef on food and presentation!