Charizma Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Honestly, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ in Walt. While he followed exactly what we asked for, he added his own flare, games, etc. to make everyone at our reception have an absolute BLAST. I am still receiving compliments. He played the hits, he played oldies, he played all of our requests; you can't get any better than that! We also used their photo booth option and loved having that little memory of all of our guests.

I really truly believe this company is the best there is for the Northwest Suburbs of Illinois. They were recommended to us by friends and I will continue to recommend them each time we are asked who our DJ was. Great job, Charizma, and thank you SO much, Walt!

Laura,

I enjoyed sharing your special day with you. Thank you for allowing me to see the love you and Clifton share, I can only wish to be as enamored with my bride as Clifton is with you. Wishing you both the best.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Mark
07/11/2015

The whole selection process went very smoothly and was handled professionally from the first inquiry to the end. Being long distance in our planning stages, there was a some trepidation on calling unknown sources but my concerns were put to rest in short order. In our initial meeting with Walt the DJ, I sensed his professionalism and knew things would turn out okay but that is a gross understatement. From the beginning of the reception, Walt read the room perfectly and everyone had a fantastically great time. Being a little older and having a group of wide aged guests Walt played something for everyone and one guest even commented, "I didn't know I was going to get a dance lesson!" Every guest commented on the music/entertainment and wondered where did we get this great guy. Along with Walt doing the emceeing was a professional sound man and the evening turned out flawless. Thanks again and if we're ever needing entertainment in the Chicago area we'll call. Sincerely, Mark and Mary Pat Bertacchi

Mark and Mary Pat,

I am honored to have been a part of something that was a long time in the making. I was so happy to see you on the dance floor a lot more than you thought you would be! I hope to meet again soon. May you both enjoy this beautiful next chapter of your life together.

Services Used: DJ

Where do I even begin? Marz and Charizma entertainment went above and beyond my expectations for our wedding reception! One of the things I told Marz when I called for a consultation was "I want our guests to have the time of their life" and that is exactly what happened. From the first phone call with him to the end of our reception, Marz was amazing and he delivered on every promise. Our guests had so much fun. We had so many people come up and tell us that it was the absolute best wedding they'd ever been to. The Charizma crew kept our guests engaged from the very first song played and our dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT!! Marz is the absolute best and I would HIGHLY recommend him and Charizma to anyone. I can't even begin to thank Marz and his crew enough for making our wedding reception so AMAZING!!!

Sarah
07/10/2015

Walt at Charizma was hands down the best DJ I have ever seen. I have been to a ton of weddings and I was always looking out for the perfect DJ to do my wedding and I discovered Walt at a friends wedding and I knew right off the bat that he was a perfect fit. He made the wedding an amazing party and made sure everyone in the room was having a great time. At our wedding, he was amazing!!! I got so many compliments on how awesome he was. You are guaranteed to have an awesome time if Walt is there!

Sarah,

Thank you for the kind words. I told you from the beginning that I would take care of you. I'm glad I was able to deliver on my promise. My favorite part was when your bridesmaids interrupted the groomsmen's serenade to you with one of their own. I hope that's a tradition that continues and I would love to be there to see it. I wish both nothing but the best and a long and happy marriage.

Services Used: DJ

There are no words to describe my experience with Marz and Charizma Entertainment except, AMAZING! When I first saw Marz MC at a wedding expo in Gurnee back in early 2014, I knew he was good. My fiance and I happened to book our wedding with a venue that Marz frequently worked with and when we went to that venues tasting, we were amazed that Marz was the MC/DJ there since the tasting was set up as a mock wedding for everyone that booked with that venue. Months before the wedding, Marz and his staff were so accommodating and were always on top of things. From listening to what exactly my fiance and I wanted for our reception, to making a mix for my father/daughter dance and for understanding that I had forgotten a couple names for our wedding parties introduction, Marz calmed me down and said "theres no wrong way, just your way. We got this!" Marz delivered and I could not be happier. He hyped up the crowd and involved all of our guest. The dance floor was not empty all night! I loved it! Ive been to weddings where people do not dance and the dance floor is empty half the time and I was afraid of my wedding turning out like that. IT DIDNT! People were dancing nonstop! Marz your energy is contagious and you have an amazing gift with what you do! Thank you sooooo much from the bottom of my heart for making mine and Brians wedding so memorable. We received so many compliments about our DJ. Thank you so much Marz and Charizma Entertainment! -Brian & KC-

KC & Brian,

I want thank you for being such a fun couple to work with. I know you've had a lot on your plate and I just wanted you to get to a place where you could just be a happy bride. Your dad's speak, the song from your cousin, and Brian's garter dance will forever be in my memories.

I wish happiness and good health for you and your family. All celebrations should be like your wedding. Your were in the moment and the moment did not disappoint you. Thank you for choosing Charizma and believe in me.

Marz

P.S. I dance so much I split my pants :-)

Services Used: DJ

Let me tell you about Walt. Walt is not only the most phenomenal wedding entertainer I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing, but also a beautiful man. When I arrived at the reception, my eyes landed on Walt and I was instantly furious that I was no longer the best looking man in the room, but Walt has a gift for winning people over. His style, his personality, dare I say...his charisma. It wasn't long before I went from feelings of jealousy to being honored to be in his presence. He had the entire reception under control, made sure the evening went off without a hitch, and knew exactly how to keep the dance floor bumping the entire night. If anyone managed to get lucky with one of the bridesmaids, there is no doubt it was thanks to Walt and the great atmosphere he created. The bride told me when she was shopping around for D.J.s that meeting Walt was love at first sight and choosing him was the easiest decision she made regarding the wedding and it was obvious to anyone at that reception why. I knew I had to write a review. It would be a crime against humanity for me not to inform everyone I can about Walt. My entire life has been leading up to this moment. I was born to write about Walt. I am also hoping he sees this and leaves me his phone number, because damn. I used to think I was straight until I met Walt. Now I'm not so sure. This wasn't my wedding, but you better believe if I ever find a woman who can tame this stallion, Walt will be there. In fact, I want Walt to start parties and announce me every time I walk in a room. If I have a successful bowel movement, I want Walt to kick off the Electric Slide. If I should die from lack of oxygen thanks to Walt leaving me breathless, I want him to D.J. my funeral. I don't know what else to say. If you are still not convinced Walt can make your reception one everybody will remember, then I'm shocked you were able to find someone to agree to marry you in the first place.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Marz totally made our Daughter's Wedding a huge success and our event would not have been the same without him. Our guests are still talking about him!

Martin
02/28/2015

Marz and our family have known each other for 18 years as he was the DJ for our family celebrations going back to 1997. When we decided to have our wedding music at Spiaggia be performed by a DJ, my young adult children said of course you will call Marz. He is the best. And he was. The simplest helpful feedback would be to say on behalf of Maggie and Martin that we would not change a thing that he brought to the evening, from elegant up-lighting to enhance the beauty of Spiaggia that was flowered by Natural Beauties to his actions as Master of Ceremonies, down to the introductions of the groom, the best men, and the brides family. He worked tirelessly for 6 hours with an artistic flair and the flow of great music only saved for people who are the best. He integrated an electric violinist into some of his sets as though they had worked together forever, having only played together recently. ONWARD TO THE NEXT MOMENTOUS EVENT IN OUR FAMILY MARZ...

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Stephanie
12/27/2014

It is so hard to put into words on how phenomenal this crew is with their services. I literally knew the day I walked in for my first consultation that they were perfect and going to make my wedding day miraculous. The uplighting was done perfectly as well. Marz is so amazing at what he does. We started planning for my wedding only three months in advance- and they were so flexible with making it all happen. Marz is so sincere and one of a kind. He helped me through the extra stress I had and planned out my day perfectly with having the difficulties doing a dad and a step dad dance. They are absolutely flexible and there for you through every step of your planning till your wedding day. He did my ceremony music, which turned out perfect and beautiful. When it came to my reception- wine got spilt on my dress and thanks to Marz he distracted everyone in the whole entire room by getting them off their feet, dancing while I was fixing myself up. Not one person noticed or even knew I was gone for a second. Every single person in the room the whole night was on the dance floor, on their chairs and having a blast. This crew made my wedding night one to remember and every single one of my guests said this was the best wedding they have ever been to- and it would not have been so amazing without this crew. Everyone loved them and I couldn’t be more thankful for choosing them to be my DJ and Photo Booth service for my special day <3 I would 100% recommend this crew to anyone. They were there early even helping my family set up the reception hall. You won’t regret it- they are more than spectacular and way more than five stars!! I feel like I am leaving out so much- but it is that hard to put their professional and outstanding work into words! My cousin also chose them for her wedding and they also made her night one of a kind and OUTSTANDING.

Zach
11/29/2014

DJ Marz was absolutely incredible!! Throughout the entire time we were working with Charizma Entertainment, we experienced nothing but friend professional people. We met with Marz once to talk about songs we wanted for the major parts of the wedding, and from that single meeting Marz ran with our music taste and nailed every aspect of not only the music, but also the atmosphere and energy we wanted throughout the entire night. Not once did we ever have to worry about the music for our wedding. Marz and his assistant accommodated not only all of our guests requests, but also my wife and I's request to set up a guitar and microphone to that we could have someone play a couple songs during the night. I have, and will continue to recommend DJ Marz and Charizma Entertainment to anyone who needs this type of service. They helped us have a truly amazing night.

Katie and Zach

Can't thank you enough for a great after Thanksgiving experience. I love making my clients happy. The live version of American Pie was spot on. To watch your family and friends singing at the top of their lungs can I say " Magical". I promised that you and Katie would have a great time and I was determined to deliver that. By your kind words Charizma and I nailed it. I wish you success in your life and marriage. I look forward to seeing you two again at one of your friends wedding receptions. Like I always say " What ever you do in life do it with passion"

Much love and blessing

Drew
1 Review
11/08/2014

Marz absolutley killed our wedding. He was hands down the best DJ we looked at. We couldn't have asked for anything better. Every guest walked away having had a great time because of Marz

Services Used: DJ

We had the best experience with Walt our Dj. It's almost 2 months after the wedding and the first thing people say about they wedding was wow ur DJ was great!! We had such a great time dancing and having fun! He got people on the dance floor that never dance! So it was amazing!!! Best part of the wedding besides marrying my best friend!

Services Used: DJ

Mars and Charizma entertainment made the wedding I attended this weekend the most AMAZING time of my life. Everyone- every single person- was commenting on how awesome Mars is. His energy had EVERYONE on the dance floor having the time of our lives! He is extremely professional, personable, and TALENTED. If you are looking to have a wedding to remember, go with Mars and Charizma, you will be so happy you did!

Kate

Thank you for taking the time to dance with me. As a bridesmaid I know you are looking out for your girl the bride Kathleen. And by participating and encourage the people around the dance floor to join you, made it a success. I wish you the best in health and happiness.

Your Dj dancer partner

Alayna
10/18/2014

The Charizma team did not disappoint! I worked with Marz through our whole event and he was so helpful with thoughts and ideas, and the overall execution of our wedding was fabulous!! We had wanted Marz to MC for us from the start, that was our main concern from the beginning, I think we would have changed our wedding date just to make sure he could be there, he just brings so much life and energy to an event, its like no other. The other staff that helped out, Walt and Sasha were great as well!! They provided the lighting in the room as well as our photo booth and both ran smoothly, I think at one point we had to have the paper refilled in the photo booth because it was used to much! The Charizma team was so easy to work with, they were super nice to the staff of our wedding venue as well, which is a big deal for me, since I am also in the Hospitality business. I highly recommend them and would love to do my wedding over and over again for how awesome it was!! One of a kind night, that's for sure!!!!! <3 Alayna and John Jordan

Alayna

After doing many events together I was humbled when you requested Charizma and I to be apart of your wedding celebration, so I know my A-game was at the top of the menu for the evening. From providing the ceremony system to wireless uprights and DJ entertainment your confidence in Charizma never waivered.

My favorite moment was us singing into the camera to the prince song "I will die for you"... was the best. I have the footage if you want to see it:) Tell JP I can still see him running to the hills. LOL.

I look forward to many successful event in the future at the grove. Thank you for your trust and belief in our company.

A Big fan of yours!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer

From the moment I met Marz at the wedding shows I knew he was the dj I wanted. Very professional responsive and such a pleasant person. He went beyond his way to entertain our little ones and guest just had nothing but great comments regarding his service would recommend him and company and if need be use again

Services Used: DJ

We already had high hopes on how great Marz would be at our wedding because of the good reviews we read and his personable character. He told us our wedding would be amazing. I had high confidence in him, but I had no idea our wedding would be that amazing. Our guests could not stop talking about how awesome our DJ was. Others said they had never been to a wedding with such a great D.J. Marz interacted with guests. There were a lot of children at our wedding and he had them all come out on the dance floor and they did the dance to the song from Frozen. In between courses during dinner he would do 1 minute dance party having all the guests stand on the chairs and dance. Our venue employee didn't know how to work their equipment and messed up our video that suppose to played and Marz stepped in and tried to sync music to the video so it looked like it was working. Guests danced the entire night. I can't thank Marz enough for making our wedding so memorable. Marz said something that I didn't fully understand until the night of our wedding. "If you live in the moment, the moment will not fail you." Thank you Marz!!!!

Amanda & Randy,

Where do I start. I knew the night was going to be special when I started hearing your family and friends speak of the day, and what it meant to them being there for you and Randy. When I finally handed the mic to Randy and to hear him speak of you as his angel on earth moved me to tears. Also your brother Jason on stage with me singing and dancing made everyone energized as well. The room looked great with the uplighting and I have a cool instagram of you two at the photo booth. I love me job and was not going to let anything stop you from having a great night. Thanks again for choosing Charizma. I wish health and success in your marriage.

In the moment