Charizma Entertainment

Charizma Entertainment

Enchanting & Refined. Detailed & Personalized. Elegant Special Event DJ Entertainment.

3186 Doolittle Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
(4.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mars and Charizma entertainment made the wedding I attended this weekend the most AMAZING time of my life. Everyone- every single person- was commenting on how awesome Mars is. His energy had EVERYONE on the dance floor having the time of our lives! He is extremely professional, personable, and TALENTED. If you are looking to have a wedding to remember, go with Mars and Charizma, you will be so happy you did!

Kate

Thank you for taking the time to dance with me. As a bridesmaid I know you are looking out for your girl the bride Kathleen. And by participating and encourage the people around the dance floor to join you, made it a success. I wish you the best in health and happiness.

Your Dj dancer partner

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment I met Marz at the wedding shows I knew he was the dj I wanted. Very professional responsive and such a pleasant person. He went beyond his way to entertain our little ones and guest just had nothing but great comments regarding his service would recommend him and company and if need be use again

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We already had high hopes on how great Marz would be at our wedding because of the good reviews we read and his personable character. He told us our wedding would be amazing. I had high confidence in him, but I had no idea our wedding would be that amazing. Our guests could not stop talking about how awesome our DJ was. Others said they had never been to a wedding with such a great D.J. Marz interacted with guests. There were a lot of children at our wedding and he had them all come out on the dance floor and they did the dance to the song from Frozen. In between courses during dinner he would do 1 minute dance party having all the guests stand on the chairs and dance. Our venue employee didn't know how to work their equipment and messed up our video that suppose to played and Marz stepped in and tried to sync music to the video so it looked like it was working. Guests danced the entire night. I can't thank Marz enough for making our wedding so memorable. Marz said something that I didn't fully understand until the night of our wedding. "If you live in the moment, the moment will not fail you." Thank you Marz!!!!

Amanda & Randy,

Where do I start. I knew the night was going to be special when I started hearing your family and friends speak of the day, and what it meant to them being there for you and Randy. When I finally handed the mic to Randy and to hear him speak of you as his angel on earth moved me to tears. Also your brother Jason on stage with me singing and dancing made everyone energized as well. The room looked great with the uplighting and I have a cool instagram of you two at the photo booth. I love me job and was not going to let anything stop you from having a great night. Thanks again for choosing Charizma. I wish health and success in your marriage.

In the moment

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking to make sure your guests have the night of their lives, look no further because Charizma Entertainment is where it's at! Jason & I met Marz (owner) at a wedding expo & instantly clicked with him. We met with other vendors & while it's great when they show you their equipment & music inventory, what you really should pay most attention to is their personality & how they interact with you. Out of everyone we met with, Marz was obviously the best. He was very attentive, professional, had great suggestions/ideas & you could just feel his passion & excitement for what he does. That man truly prides himself in making your reception an affair to remember. The day of our wedding he made sure that every single one of our guests was up & dancing, having a good time. He made it fun & interactive without making anyone feel awkward or "on the spot". We loved how he was getting our guests pumped before it was time to officially start dancing. He did these little "one minute dance parties" where he got everyone waving their hands, dancing in their seats. We were also very happy at his attention to detail & how he kept checking in with us to make sure we were happy & having a good time. We keep getting compliments on how fun our reception was. Even our photographer complimented us on our DJ selection! I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where everyone in attendance stays dancing until the very end, but that was exactly the case on our night. No one wanted to leave! Everyone that started the night with us ended the night with us & it was just so much fun. We even had a few "wedding crashers" from the weddig next door because our reception "was where the party was at". We decided that they're stuck with us for life. Any future parties that require DJ services, we will be giving Marz a call. He truly is the best in the biz. Thank you Marz!!!

Melissa & Jason,

Wow!! I felt the same connection when we sat down to discuss your wedding. I loved the look on Jason's face when he saw the cake that you got him. As a father having the kids there was a blessing and so much fun. From the house, cumbia, bachata, and reggae music that you to requested the evening was magic on the dance floor. I hope Jason has recovered from his break dance battle. EPIC!! I want to say thank you for the kind words and having me be a part of the Caban family history. Have a great honeymoon!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Melissa & Jason Caban
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would definitely recommend Charizma Entertainment to anybody looking to have a great dj/mc combo! Marz was an amazing emcee! He kept the party going all night long! He was witty, funny, and very engaging towards our guests. Everyone raves about him to this day! He was very accommodating with my special requests, such as leading us in 'Thriller' which was so much fun! A personal thanks to Marz for making our big day truly special!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: DJ, Entertainer
Heather
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Walt was amazing!!! He was the most amazing DJ/MC ever and kept everyone dancing the whole time! All of my friends have asked for his name and company so they can request him for their future events! Thank you Walt for making our wedding so memorable and fun!!!

Lindsay,

It was and honor and a privilege to share you wedding day. From the ceremony cocktail hour and reception, Charizma and I were committed to having you be in the moment. It's not everyday that you see the bride on the stage doing the Souja Boy Dance. You go girl. Much success, and love in your new life.

Never stop dancing

Walt D.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Lindsay
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charizma did a fabulous job on our wedding! I will definitely be referring anyone in need of dj services. The guys kept our crowd dancing til midnight, which every bride & groom hopes for at the end of the night.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Kelly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I will be forever Grateful to Charizma Entertainment staff and Marz for their professionalism during our wedding at the Wilder Mansion in Elmhurst. Marz had attention to detail that surpassed any other professionals that we could have chosen. On our wedding day, he not only entertained our guests, but he contributed to helping my husband and I "stay in the moment" and enjoy our wedding day with people who meant the most. Marz has an amazing ability to engage people and help them feel special. We loved how he also took time to understand what was important to us as a couple. Plus, we had the best party ever at our wedding! All of our guests were on the dance floor having so much fun. Our guests commented to us how much they enjoyed Marz's presence... and so did we.

• Wedding: 08/10/2014
Ron
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I knew that we wanted to make the music the biggest part of our wedding reception. When thinking of DJs we both thought of a DJ Marz that would come to our grammer school and do our school dances. We both remembered him as being the most amazing part of any dance we ever had. So when it came to finding someone for our wedding we hoped that his company was available. We called and were able to schedule an appointment right away. We met with Walt and he did not dissapoint our memories of Charizma. From the start he got that we just wanted to have a super upbeat, dance party wedding. We never had any doubts that he would deliver the best. The day of, I cant say how perfect he made everything. He had the crowd going from the second we walked through the door. During dinner he made sure to keep everyones energy up, and by the time dinner was done he got everyone and i mean EVERYONE on the dance floor. He made sure he played music to fit every generation at the party without letting others feel left out. My favorite was when he had everything doing "choreography" during certain songs! Everyone from that day until now can not stop talking about his energy and how amazing he did keeping the party going. I cant honestly say not a single dull moment happened, and the dance floor was full the ENTIRE time! They made our day everything I dreamed and i can not recommend Charizma enough!! Thank you for making our day " The best wedding ever" according to all our guest and especially US!!!!

P.S. The lighting effects they did for us made our room look spectacular and was so fun while it was changing during songs!

Molly

Thoughts of doing a wedding reception for someone that I did their school dances is an honor. Charizma is committed to the belief in " Spontaneous Perfection" Walt is a rising star and he was so exciting when talking about how much fun he had. His words were " One of my best wedding ever" So I can see you two were on the same page. Thank you for believing in Charizma and we wish you the best in our new life.

Sincerely

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you want a boring "game show host" style DJ/Emcee, DO NOT book Charizma Entertainment...well, on second thought, I'm sure they would accommodate you if that's what you really want! But if you want a fun, energetic, INTERACTIVE and memorable night that everyone will be talking about for weeks afterwards (probably longer, it's only been three weeks)...look no further...Charizma is your company! Seriously, my wife and I were lucky enough to book Marz (Founder/Owner/Emcee Extraordinaire) as our Emcee and D.J. Flo as our DJ. We also chose to have Charizma do the wireless up-lighting (beautiful and we highly recommend) and photo booth (awesome as was everything else). We could not be happier with their services.

We met with Marz twice before the wedding (he would have met with us more if we felt we needed to...heck, he even came to our food tasting, when invited, to meet with us for the first time). He got to know us on a personal level and stressed that he wanted to tailor his services to meet our personal needs (which he did very well). He seriously absorbed everything we told him and made it happen at our wedding...impressive...

Charizma's receptionist, Elena, is great! Ultra pleasant and responded promptly to every request and question.

I really don't know what else to say...there are certain things I feel you can cut corners on and get away with, but an excellent Emcee/DJ is not one of them...I can't stress that enough...the food at our reception was excellent, the cake was excellent...but all everyone has talked about is how much fun they had and how awesome Marz and DJ Flo were...they are not all about business...Marz REALLY enjoys doing what he does and it shows...look online, you can watch videos of Charizma Emcees and DJs in action...

Disclaimer: We received no discount or incentive to write this review. Everything was paid for, the event is over...we are just THAT HAPPY with the services Charizma provided...perfection!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment we met Walt, we knew our dream of having a packed dance floor was going to become a reality!!! Then we saw Charizma again at the Breast Cancer walk, and they had the entire city of Chicago jamming!!! The day of our wedding was no different!! They played music that suited all ages and fed off the crowd the whole night!! The guys were energetic, fun, professional and extremely friendly!! The entire process was so easy and seamless! The entire staff stopped in to introduce themselves and see if we needed anything along the way!! Charizma was by far one of our favorite vendors for our wedding!!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marz was amazing. My daughter doesn't even like to dance and she and all of our friends and family danced the entire night. We set up the D.J. outside on the patio of a country club, and even though it was humid that night, both Marz and Walt were an awesome team and never once complained about the set up.

Comments even weeks after the wedding were...."Wow - where did you find the D.J."???

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Maureen ("Mo")
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are a bride-to-be in the Chicago area and looking for a DJ, drop EVERYTHING you are doing and BOOK CHARIZMA!!! I cannot say enough amazing things about this team. I was recommended to Marz and his team by my family members who had seen them at two prior weddings. They couldn't say enough about how awesome they were. I contacted Charizma within the next month and got an immediate response. One of our biggest concerns was finding a good DJ that would provide great entertainment, and I have to say we hit the jackpot. Booking with them was incredibly easy, and I can confidently say it was one of my best decisions I made in the wedding planning process. They are there to cater you and help you, and as many brides can attest, you want a vendor that is easy to work with.

Once you book you can control your music choices through a very easy-to-navigate website where you can even create a do-not-play list (this was huge for us!). The week before our wedding I was in close contact with the team to finalize our plans, and everything went very smoothly. I even booked their photo booth last minute. I'm incredibly happy that I did as it was not only one of the cheapest options for a photo booth in the area, but it was a great hit at the wedding.

Everything with Charizma was as close to perfect as you can get, beginning to end. Every single one of my guests talked about how amazing Charizma was, and even a month later, I'm still getting compliments on our choice of a DJ. Our DJ kept our party going all night long. Literally there was not one moment where the dance floor wasn't packed!! He even exited the DJ booth and came to dance with us…AMAZING. My favorite part of the night was when he played "Thriller" and got all of our guests to do an impromptu dance. As someone who hates group dances, this absolutely amazed me and it was so much fun. There isn't one thing I would've changed about our DJ!

BOOK CHARIZMA!! They are worth every penny and more!

Charizma Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kim for the kind words. I want you to know my success belongs to the team that I have around me. Watching you and Ryan do your first dance with you family and friends on the edge of the floor was my favorite moment. Lastly to all the Buckeyes at your wedding reception all I have to say is OH IO. Much love and success in your life.

Grateful to be a part of your life

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Charizma owner Marz met with us at our venue well before our date to look at the space and discuss staging. We then filled in his online site for our music requests, and later spoke by phone with the DJ Marz assigned to us. We were completely pleased with every aspect! Our DJ was full of personality and played exactly the type of music we wanted. He also set up staging to customize the size of the space to our group. Everything was top-notch, and we would recommend Charizma to anyone who wants a fabulous, highly professional DJ.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marz was awesome! He kept the dance floor busy by doing different things all the time. He got several different group dances going through out the night. All of our guests couldn't stop raving about him for several months after. He really made our wedding a special event.
We highly recommend Marz and Charizma Entertainment for any event.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Kristen and Brian
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys were great to work with. They were fun and absolutely amazingfor our wedding. So glad we went with Marz

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
Angela
847-480-7210
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment