Celebrations D.J. Service

Celebrations D.J. Service

152 e. 9th st.
Oswego, NY 13126 | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form, Storytelling, Tr...
Packages: Ceremony, DVD of Raw Footage, Edited Video, Montage ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the pleasure of working with Randy for our October 4th Wedding Reception. I will start by saying that I was very impressed by questionnaire we were given to fill out prior to event. It was helpful and organized, especially to someone like me, who had obviously never planned a wedding before-and didn't really know where to get started music wise. To be honest, I hadnt even though about cake cutting music and such, so having this guide was a nice touch. When Randy sat down with us he even helped us pick out some of the music we were unsure about. Everything was perfect and there was not one thing left for me to be concerned about. The Wedding day ran smoothly, and there was not a single dull moment. From the second we walked in to the very last dance, randy kept the party alive and the guests energy it. I've never saw so many people in the dance floor at a wedding. It was amazing. A big thank you to Randy and his team for making our day that much more special. I would absolutely recommend his services!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We had a bad experience. We hired Randy 8 months prior and sent paperwork 2 months prior for review. He received it and would let me know if there were questions. I didn’t hear from him the week of the wedding, so I called him to confirm everything. He then told me Jeff would cover our event not him. I was shocked because it was the first time hearing this. I expressed my concern that we hired him and didn’t even know Jeff. He assured me he was good and not to worry. I told Randy that Jeff needed to call me ASAP. He called the next day to go through only some of the paperwork because his printer broke. We rushed through the rest and he said he would review everything later. Randy called me after and I told him I was very concerned. He said he would follow up with Jeff and we didn’t hear anything back. I called Jeff on our day to answer any questions he had and he said he was set. I trusted he read through everything, so I didn’t press the issue. The processional song, my husband’s name, my parents’ last name and MOH’s name were all wrong. We corrected it right before we walked and he still messed up my parents’ intro. He didn’t mention grandparents and the ice cream bar and our entire timeline was off. The issues were small, but they added up to a huge disappointment. We thanked Jeff for his time but didn’t tip. I called Randy the next day and he apologized. He was shocked we didn’t like Jeff and said “mistakes happen”. Unfortunately, the damage was done. It could have been avoided if he was prepared and we didn’t get the “bait and switch” scheme. The next day, my check cleared and I haven’t heard anything since. The few good things (playlist, do not play list, first dance song) outweighed the bad. I think another call would have been appreciated and we wouldn’t be so upset now. They didn’t work closely to ensure that every detail was covered and there wasn’t peace of mind knowing that they cared. I’m hoping they take this feedback as an opportunity to improve.

• Wedding: 08/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything you could want in a D.J. service! I can’t say enough about our experience and neither could our guests! From the great playlist that kept EVERYONE dancing all night, to the classy up-lighting and events that flowed seamlessly... we couldn’t have asked for more!

It was a pleasure working with Randy from the start- he was very professional, personable, responsive and detail oriented. The reception planner he sends you to work though with him awesome- it allows you all to be on the same page and to make sure that nothing is overlooked. It covers the formal introductions, timeline of events, music selections, the ‘must play’ and the ‘do not play’ list. From our music selections, he got a sense of the style we were going for and nailed it!! As for the order and timing of events, he was a fantastic emcee and kept everything moving without rushing through. I never had to worry about a thing; just that peace of mind alone is enough to go with Celebrations D.J. Service!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Celebrations DJ Service for our October 19, 2013 wedding. Jeff was our DJ for the day. Our wedding was at 3:00 PM and when I arrived to the venue at 12:00 PM, he was already there setting up. He was extremely professional and thorough. He was very good and keeping things moving, yet did so in an unobtrusive way. I received SO many compliments from guests wanting to know who he was and how they could book him! Jeff did an awesome job of keeping the party moving and sticking to the do / do not play lists. When guests made requests, that were on the "do not play" list, he always made sure to double-check with either myself or my husband before playing / denying the request. Prior to the wedding, I e-mailed back and forth with Randy. He always made sure to get back to me, almost always the same day, even into the night. Ultimately, it was his communication that was the deciding factor in booking Celebrations. I was talking with two other DJs, and their poor grammar and lack of response, made me hesitate. I am just so glad that I went with Celebrations .. was not disappointed in the slightest!!

Celebrations D.J. Service responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer a review on our services Andrea. We really appreciate it. We are very happy to hear you were pleased with the service we provided you with. Thank you again for choosing us to be a part of your special day!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We planned our wedding in just 3 months and Randy was such a HUGE help with giving us ideas and suggestions based on his experiences at other weddings. He did a great job both before, and during, the wedding!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
Chrystal
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This is a bit overdue, but most definitely needed!

We hired Celebrations DJ for our wedding in September. We like to support local business, but were having a wedding out of town. Our photographer had recommended we talk to Randy. We couldn't be happier with our decision to go with him and were glad he was willing to travel at no extra cost. He was extremely easy to talk to and would get back to you very quickly. His personality was exactly what we were looking for. Someone with a positive outlook, fun personality, and excited and proud of what he does. We knew we could trust him with our big day!

Randy did our ceremony and reception. He sat us down and went through every detail of the day with us. At our last meeting, we still didn't have "our song" and he was able to guide us to the perfect choice. He had a great presence as the M.C. of the wedding. He kept things on track for scheduling, but was also flexible enough to take our "little" moments into consideration.

If you are looking for a DJ service to give you everything you would ever need at your wedding or event, definitely chose Celebrations DJ. We were so happy:)

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Telia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Randy was a great DJ and master of ceremonies at our wedding. We had lots of specific songs that we requested and songs that were forbidden and he did a great job balancing our requests with what the crowd wanted to being dancing to all night. The uplighting and monogram dance lights were fabulous. Randy made the reception feel very special for the both of us and we know he will make any wedding a night to remember.

Thank you Randy!
Megan and JP Scullin

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Randy was a great DJ. Before the wedding date we filled out a timeline of events for the reception and listed songs that were to be played. Randy was very easy to talk to and really cared about knowing all the details of our wedding so he could do a great job. He helped us when we were stuck on some of the songs we should play, what order our events should be in and he made sure he understood the pronunciation of people's names. He was flexible, considerate and listened to what we wanted. During the reception he kept the party going! He had lots of people on the dance floor and knew what to play when. He made sure the focus was on the bride and groom as well. Randy was great and I recommend Celebration DJ Service for any event. Thanks Randy!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Randy with Celebrations was great!! We had our entertainment back out on us a little late in the process and we were lucky enough to find Randy who had our date open. My wife and I were coordinating everything from out of state and Randy made sure to keep in touch throughout the process. He tailored the music to what we initially asked him to play and mid way through the ceremony, when we could tell the younger guests were ready to cut loose, he switched things up and had everyone out on the dance floor. I'd definitely recommend Randy & Celebrations for any occasion.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Jim
  • Flexibility: 5.0

He was absolutely great last minute we needed to change the time and he did it no problem! So much fun really kept the crowd going!

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
Danielle
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Randy made our Reception perfect, and was able to read the guests mood perfectly. Our guests didn't want to leave!!!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography
Kevin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great job! Highly recommend to others!

• Wedding: 10/05/2012
Jenni
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Randy did an amazing job crafting our playlist to our tastes and keeping the dance floor packed throughout the evening. Many people complemented how well our reception flowed along with how great the music was. He really gave our reception that extra boost of fun!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Randy was very patient with me even though I was not at all organized. He picked the great music with 80s and Top 40 like I requested. Everyone including me had an awesome time! People kept talking about how they loved the music selections after the wedding. He is easy to reach, very easy to talk to, and very patient and flexible.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Randy was awesome for both our Ceremony and Reception. Very easy to work with, not a single blip or problem with the sound or music and great selection. Our wedding was a hit and he was a very big reason for it!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Randy was fantastic throughout the entire process! He was very friendly and made us feel comfortable while working with him. Randy also was very easy to get ahold of if I had any questions before and during our special day. Celebrations DJ service provided us with an amazing night of dancing and celebrating and I didnt have to worry about a thing! Thanks so much Randy!!!

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
315-342-7101
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards