Castle Hill on The Crane Estate

Flexibility:
(4.3 / 5.0)
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

My husband and I remain in awe of the Crane Estate and all of its staff after the performance they coordinated for our wedding this fall. The majestic, historical estate and extraordinary view took our breath away, along with our guests', and our on site coordinator toiled like clockwork to produce one seamless, incredible evening that we will cherish remembering. Our friends and family cannot pass along enough compliments about the wedding, which is in great part attributed to this very special site. The staff held our out of state hands all throughout the year of planning and down to the faintest detail, and they blew us away with their seasoned expertise and professionalism. There is just nowhere else like The Crane Estate, and we feel very lucky to have celebrated our wedding at Castle Hill.

• Wedding: 10/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Heather from the Estate for our October wedding. We had our ceremony at Steep Hill Beach and our reception at The Barn. Beautiful setting and we got access to the grounds for our pictures and its very cool that the estate is littered with deer who will definitely make a sneak appearance into your pictures!

• Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

If you love sweeping ocean views, historic buildings, sprawling lawns, and intimate sunken gardens, this place is for you. We toured several venues on the north shore, in Boston/Newport but my heart was at Crane since I was a young girl.

Before you book you should know that because they are owned by a large conservation group and are a registered historic property, you don't have a ton of flexibility when it comes to decor, vendors, timing, etc. However, even with those restrictions, my husband, myself, and my mother were all totally enchanted by the beauty of the place and we decided to book immediately.

Also, as a former vacation home for the Crane family, the setup of the house is not like a traditional wedding venue -- unless you tent ($$$) there won't be a bunch of tables surrounding a dance floor, but rather the tables are put in different rooms and you dance in either the ballroom or on the terrace. Some people (including myself) are not a huge fan of that, but when I saw it all put together on our day I actually kind of loved it -- it felt like we were guests in someone's home which created a very personal and intimate vibe. So lovely.

Another bonus for us was that the property is protected and will (hopefully) always be there for us to visit and bring our children to, etc. Sounds sappy, but that was actually very important to me - I dream of the days when our children run on that amazing lawn! : )

Day of, everything went off without a hitch, and we were all ecstatic with our choice. Many of our guests had never been up to the house and they were all blown away by the views and magical atmosphere -- it is truly stunning.

We worked with Ashley, Toni, and Laura, and all the ladies were very helpful, responsive, and caring. I highly, highly recommend The Crane Estate for a bride who wants a timeless, historic feel with an unparalleled ocean view -- you won't regret it!

• Wedding: 09/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What a gorgeous venue! We couldn't be happier with the Castle Hill and its superb team. The property is incredibly well-kept, from the inside to the outside - the bridal suite is fantastic, and so is the Groom's suite. I LOVE this place. tThe only down side is you have limited time on the property, but if you have the right team supporting you throughout your day, everything should go smoothly. It was important to me and my husband that we find a place that allows for being indoor and outdoor for our ceremony to cocktails and reception, and this property does it all!

There are so many parts Castle Hill that are so amazing for photo ops. You really can't go wrong with any part of it - be sure to check out the Italian Gardens! The rolling hills as a backdrop for the outdoor ceremony are picturesque. Everything about the Crane Estate makes you feel like you've been swept away into some faraway, fantasy land that is just absolutely beautiful. The staff is super professional and polite, they were marvelous. It's an elegant property that is on the pricier side but SOO very worth it! This place allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams and so much more!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We always knew we wanted to get married at Cranes. The great house and grounds can not be beat anywhere in MA. Our coordinator Danielle was amazing and so easy to work with. Danielle and the rest of the Crane Estate staff worked hard to make our day flawless. We highly recommend this venue!

Minus8
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We just had our wedding at the Crane Estate and it was absolutely amazing. All of our guests could not believe the view and were in awe of the Great House. Here's the thing about value- yes, you will pay more in venue fees for the Crane Estate than other venues in the area, but we ended up SAVING money by going with this venue because you could work with a variety of caterers. Many other venues we looked at on the North Shore had unbelievable food and beverage minimums.

Danielle was wonderful to work with and she was great at helping keep things moving smoothly the day of. Because this is a historic venue that is open to the public there are a lot of rules you have to follow, but in the end I didn't feel like any of these really limited us. I definitely recommend going with vendors who have worked the estate before, as they will know how to work with its special quirks.

We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue to get married at and I am so happy that we now have an excuse to keep visiting!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Kerri
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The estate is absolutely stunning. Our wedding was in August and the weather was perfect. Its not too hot as there is a breeze from the ocean. The staff was great and my wedding coordinator Ashely Tangerini was the best!! She was so helpful and ensured that everything ran on time and everything was in place. We had a surprise guest and she quickly found a spot and had the caterer fix the table settings. At the end of the night she had everything ready to go and be loaded into our cars.

The venue is expensive but you can save other places because it really doesn't need any added decor because the place itself is so beautiful.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Crane took care of us completely. Danielle was wonderful - she had answers to all of my questions, and the day of kept us on a schedule so everything stayed on track. We also could not believe how affordable renting the space was!

• Flexibility: 5.0

The beautiful Crane Estate was the venue for my daughter's wedding in July. It's sweeping views of the Grand Allee down to the ocean make it a fabulous location for a wedding. The wedding coordinator we worked with, Ashley Tangerini, was a true professional and really helped to take the stress away. She was very prompt in getting back to us about any concerns we may have had. She made sure all the little details were executed and helped everybody be in the right place at the right time. We couldn't have pulled it off with out her! We had a roaring 20's, Gatsby themed wedding and she even dressed the part! As costly as the site fees were, at the end of the day, we felt it was totally worth it. Even if it had been a rainy day, (It was not!) we still had a beautiful venue inside the mansion. Everybody had a great time. We heard over and over again from guests that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and were amazed at the beautiful location. Now we have wonderful memories of an amazing day. We highly recommend this venue for anyone planning a wedding on the North Shore of Mass. you will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.0

On the day of our wedding, the Bradley Estate (in Canton, MA) was great. We had our ceremony in their garden and reception in a tent on their lawn. Melissa was our Coordinator and helped everything run smoothly. The location was gorgeous and our guests had a fabulous time. Leading up to the event, there were some small things we didn't like. For example, our contact at the Bradley Estate changed 3 times, and the final Event Manager was great on the actual day, but in our first meeting with her, she hadn't prepared and didn't know anything about the day (indoor vs outdoor, timing, # of guests, etc.). Then, a few days before the wedding, she asked me to email her the schedule again, so I felt a little stressed going in that she wasn't on top of things. It worked out fine, but our impression was that they didn't put enough energy and effort into the planning process. Other disadvantages were that we had to pay extra for an additional hour of time and, even with that, there was no flexibility in allowing for deliveries or access to the estate until 2.5 hours before the event. We would have liked to drop off framed photos, card box, programs, and other event items the day or week before rather than bring everything on the day of the wedding. Also, at the end of the event, you have to take everything with you; you are not allowed to come back the next morning, or even later in the week, to pick things up. For our 4pm wedding, the earliest we could arrive to set up the place, change, take photos, etc. was 1:30pm, so everything felt rushed. Other places we spoke to were much more willing to be accommodating. For example, the Connors Center in Dover said the place would be ours all day free of charge. We'd still use the Bradley Estate again because it was gorgeous and in the middle of the Blue Hills, which we love, but there were some disadvantages.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I loved working with the Crane Estate for my wedding. Every single guest commented on how amazing the venue was--it's literally the most gorgeous, dramatic (in the best way possible) venue on the North Shore! Even our officiant (my Rabbi) told people in his office that it was the most beautiful wedding he has ever officiated.

I worked with both Ashley and Danielle at the Estate and both were wonderful to work with. Danielle especially was so, so accommodating and went above and beyond to make the day unforgettable. I can't recommend enough!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We were so lucky to get married at Castle Hill on The Crane Estate! The venue is stunning and the grounds are simply amazing. The staff and employees at Castle Hill are equally as awesome. From the very beginning, Heather and Ashley were outstanding. From the big picture planning when we first booked (a year prior to our date) to the little details and timeline a week before the big day, to the last minute flexibility during the ceremony and reception, Ashley and her staff made our entire wedding a seamless, stress-free experience. The Castle Hill crew was helpful, supportive, and flexible every step of the way, and provided all the information we needed. The entire team was extremely professional and courteous. We would gladly recommend Castle Hill on The Crane Estate to other couples as we have absolutely no regrets about choosing this venue!

• Wedding: 06/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at the Crane Estate went above and beyond to make our wedding the most beautiful and well managed wedding. This venue is a absolute value for money. You get a lot for what you pay.
Unfortunately I had to fire my day of coordinator, 3 days before the wedding. Event manager from the Crane Estate stepped up and coordinated everything perfectly.
My advise to you: If you select this venue, you absolutely don't need a wedding planner or the day of coordinator.

• Wedding: 06/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My husband and I felt so lucky to get married at this beautiful venue! The staff are phenomenal (we worked with Ashley who is just fantastic) and the grounds are stunning - I couldn't imagine a more beautiful place to get married! Yes, they are not the most flexible with some restrictions on caterers, DJs and the like - but the options they provide encompass a range of price points and tastes and are all quite lovely as well. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Bradley Estate was the perfect venue for my wedding! I worked with Laura and Heather during the early stages of planning and they were great! Heather gave me a lot of ideas and was great at answering all my questions. The day of coordinators were Lisa and Laura, Lisa was great she even let me text her with last minute questions. I brought in a lot of decor for them to set up and they placed everything perfectly. They kept everything running on schedule and Lisa packed everything up nicely at the end of the night.
My ceremony took place in the formal garden with the cocktail hour being indoor/outdoor and the reception was in a tent on the front lawn. All my guest raved about the beautiful location and how it looked as if it was right out of a magazine. This venue was absolutely breathtaking and if I had to plan my wedding all over again I would not change the venue.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Crane Estate is a fairy-tale, dream venue. It is so gorgeous and the staff specializes in perfection. My husband and I worked with Francie and Heather, and there is nothing I wouldn't trust them with. We both felt so confident that they were both working hard on our behalf to make the day as seamless and beautiful as possible. They have very strict policies on the grounds, but it is ultimately for the benefit of the couple and for future brides and grooms. My fiancé and I had two issues come up on the grounds of the estate which were upsetting, but the staff made the situation right and made sure our wedding was perfect.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
978-356-4351
ext. 8814
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7