Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd.

Carl Alan Floral Designs Ltd.

Philadelphia, PA
Flexibility
carol
1 Review
10/31/2015

just came back from ordering the flowers for my daughter's wedding to take place 10/31/15. i was hesitant at first because i had never been in a true floral design studio. i felt out of place. then i met Vito; he was wonderful! he made me feel at ease, explained everything i wanted to know, showed beautiful samples and was personable and friendly. he complimented my daughter on her choices, added just the right amount of color to her choices to make them "pop," and was completely honest about pricing. i did not want to leave! as mother of the bride, i was offered the choice of having a corsage but declined at first. then Vito brought out black calla Lilies...OMG how gorgeous! I wanted them! even though i had declined to order a corsage earlier, i asked if i could have the lilies as my corsage and Vito was very accommodating. What an absolutely perfect visit! I am eagerly looking forward to seeing all the arrangements! Vito even gave my daughter a sample bouquet when we left. I love Carl Alan Floral!

Services Used: Flowers

Words cannot describe the level of precision & detail that Carl Alan puts into their customers. They are very engaging and will attend to details that you didn't even realize existed! From the moment I met Vito, we were able to collectively (but I really cant take the credit) put together bouquets and arrangements that left me "wowed". They are not just a "flower shop" they really take pride in their customers, listen to your ideas and magnetize them to the 1000th power, all within your budget! They are really worth their weight in gold :-) If you want your décor to compliment you on your special day, I suggest you make an appointment ASAP!

Services Used: Flowers

Carl Alan Floral Designs provided the flowers for my wedding this past weekend and I must say that my entire experience was amazing. I had visited several wedding florists before coming to Carl Alan and each one tried to "nickel and dime" me or provided me with estimates at least $2,000 over my budget. I was really disheartened, but from my first meeting with Vito, I knew I had found a company that not only had expertise and creative vision, but was respectful of my opinions and pocketbook.

I cannot say enough good things about working with Vito. He was the only florist I met with who had prepared for our initial meeting with samples of the flowers in my colors. Vito and the office administrator Kathleen responded to each and every of my very many emails immediately and they were always affable and helpful. And working with Vito was so easy. At the preview, Vito showed me one each of my three different centerpieces and he took copious notes on my preferences and spent 2.5 hours with me and my maid of honor. (Note: Carl Alan was the ONLY florist that included a preview and I cannot tell you how vital this was. All the other florists said they weren't necessary, but if "I insisted" they would charge me an arm and a leg for it.) Vito also took many photographs at the preview so that I could continue to make adjustments via email as I saw fit. Then, as if he hadn't done enough, Vito sent me photographs of all of the bouquets as he made them so that I could see it coming to life!

And the flowers! They were elegant and timeless - truly my vision come to life, but better! Vito took my ideas and made them better than any wedding dream!! Truly, there are no words to describe how breathtaking my flowers were (and fresh) and I am one picky bride so that means something! Even my groom noticed how amazing everything looked!

Love Vito. Love Carl Alan Floral Designs. Don't look any further - they are your florists!

Services Used: Flowers

I don't know where to begin...from our first meeting with Pam to the moment we saw the elegant bridal bouquets, with the intricate detail of ribbon and pearls artfully placed on the bouquets, to the moment we entered the Cescaphe Ballroom and saw the incredibly exotic card table arrangement...we were blown away by the beauty and elegance of every detail put into the flowers. The Chupah far exceeded our expectations of your initial illustration. The way you also draped the crystals in the back and the lighting of the Chupah truly set the tone for our daughter's Winter Wonderland Wedding. It took my breath away, and everybody elses....thank you!!! All of the arrangements, from high to low, was everything Dana hoped they would be and more. The white branches and curly willow; the hydrangeas and roses; the orchids and ranunculus were elegant and sophisticated in their shear beauty. The flowers were so full and fragrant and perfect in every way.
I can't thank you enough for creating a magical landscape of floral designs for Dana and Jason's Winter Wonderland Wedding!!
With Sincere Thanks and Appreciation...
Ellen Cohan

Services Used: Flowers

We went to Carl Alan knowing just basic themes about the kind of flowers we wanted (we knew the overall look we wanted, but not specific kinds of flowers or colors). Vito sat with us and designed, in about 20 minutes, the most beautiful centerpieces and bouquets. An hour later, we had a refined design in mind. Throughout the process, we had a number of check-ins and Vito made everything seem simple and fun. He was a dream to work with.

Most importantly, we told Vito our budget. He worked within it, and explained places where we could save and cut back, and others where we should splurge. It was refreshing to have a vendor who we trusted completely because we could tell he was being real with us.

The final products were perfect. We can't wait to use Carl Alan for all of our future floral needs.

Services Used: Flowers

I can not say enough good things about Vito at Carl Alan!!! He was amazing to work with and we could not be happier with how all of our bouquets and centerpieces turned out. We received tons of compliments throughout the evening, and I was in love with my bouquet! He is very organized has really great ideas as well. Loved working with Vito- he made the whole process so much fun!!!! You will not be disappointed if you book with them!
Thank you for everything!!!

Services Used: Flowers

Kathleen, Vito, and the entire team at Carl Alan were wonderful. I am so happy that they were able to recreate my vision for my wedding day. Our wedding was in XIX Dining Room at Hyatt At The Bellevue, and they exceeded my expectations by adding pearls everywhere to compliment the pearl chandelier in the room! Their creativity and ideas were fantastic.

They genuinely care about their clients and I hope to work with them again soon. Thank you so much!

Services Used: Flowers

I just don't have enough good things to say about my experience with Carl Alan Florist. We found them coincidentally -- my now-husband purchased flowers from them for Valentine's Day (which were absolutely gorgeous!), and once I looked at the name I realized they were on our venue's preferred vendor list and so we setup an appointment!

Our initial meeting with Heather was all it took for us to decide to move forward with Carl Alan, and we couldn't be happier with our decision! She was so helpful in showing us the different types of flowers and centerpiece displays, and definitely had a ton of patience as we made our decision on which flowers to go with. I spent the rest of the year working closely with Kathleen, who really stayed on top of everything by constantly keeping in touch with me and taking care of all of my questions and requests promptly.

We were completely blown away by our display meeting, and come the wedding day, the bouquets looked so beautiful I cried! The excitement continued when I saw how beautifully the church and reception hall looked, and to this day our guests are still raving over the centerpieces.

I highly recommend Carl Alan for your big day, and I will definitely be coming back for more floral arrangements in the future!!

Kristy
12/13/2014

I worked with Vito at Carl Alan Floral Designs & he was just amazing. He was so fun & easy to work with & completely pulled together my vision of my wedding flowers. Everyone there was so friendly & professional & I loved going there just to breath in the scent of all those blooms! Vito is so talented at what he does & you can tell he really loves his job, he puts his heart & soul in every piece that he designs & he was genuinely excited about designing my dream wedding. I would highly recommend him to anyone that wants beautiful floral designs for their wedding!!

Services Used: Flowers

I came across Carl Alan at a bridal show. They had a bouquet made up and it was gorgeous. That was when I knew I wanted them to do my wedding flowers. We worked with Vito and he is an absolute sweetheart and a floral artist. He worked with us until our vision was met and far exceeded my expectations. The first time I saw the reception hall was when I entered as a Mrs. and during my first dance all I could do was look around the room at how beautiful it was. We had a floral swag on the front of our sweetheart table and it was breathtaking. Three days after my wedding my bouquet and centerpieces still look flawless. In the world of flowers you get what you pay for and our flowers were worth every penny. Another comment about Vito: he kept in contact with me and even sent me a picture of my bouquet a couple days before to make sure it was perfect. He went above and beyond to make sure the flowers for our day were flawless.

Silvia & Chad's
Recently Married

At Carl Alan we worked with Vito and we loved every moment with him! Vito saw our vision and he made it come to life at the preview meeting and especially on our special day. Carl Alan is just the very best at what they do, there is no comparison. They are easy to work with, always on hand and they have a wealth of knowledge to make any possibility come to life. There was never a no to any of our questions or ideas, they always found a way to work around any obstacle to deliver us the absolute best! We had a terrific relationship and an amazing experience with Carl Alan Floral Designs, I have and will continue to recommend them to any new bride or for any special events.

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

VITO VITO VITO

The best! Familiar with their work, I knew there was only one place to go for our wedding flowers. Vito put on an absolute show. I don't think I was able to walk around without someone mentioning how gorgeous the flowers were. My bridesmaids couldn't even get over their bouquet. He listened to the vision of my husband and I and what we hoped for and took it to the next level offering ideas and other options. I trusted him completely and he & his team took my breath away. Emails were answered promptly by him or Kathleen in the office and as a travelling bride, he was flexible on appointments!

Services Used: Flowers

Not only were the floral arrangements and the lighting beautiful for my ceremony and reception, but Carl Alan (Vito in particular!) masterfully made the concept for the entire event I had in my head come to life. From the moment I sat down with him originally, he was able to see the vision of the atmosphere we were trying to create and he flawlessly executed it.

When I came to see the sample arrangements there was only one word to describe what I saw.... perfect. It was astounding how my descriptions came to life right in front of me in the exact way I was hoping for!

I have received numerous comments on how beautiful and professional the décor was and how amazing the chuppah looked!

Thank you so much to Vito and the entire staff for everything! It was absolute perfection!!

Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Working with these guys was great. They worked with my ideas as well as my budget and helped me create the best arrangement for my special day. They were very creative and very easy to work with, highly recommend.

Services Used: Flowers

Thank you Vito ! We loved everything you did on my daughters wedding day ! We loved lived working with you as well

Private User
Recently Married

I was SO impressed with everyone at Carl Alan, they really made the look of our wedding unique and luxurious! Thank you so much!