Cakes By Tammy

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Working with Tammy was an absolute pleasure! She is passionate about her work and genuinely excited to be doing your wedding cake. Starting with the flavor, Tammy's cakes are delicious! You have your choose of many flavors, as well as three levels of buttercream depending on how sweet you want it. (We couldn't be more thrilled with our choice of chocolate cake & amaretto filling!) The quality of cake and design really make Tammy stand out from other bakeries. Unlike most bakeries that ask you to bring a photo in and then nickel and dime you for each element, Tammy works with you to create a one-of-a kind design. After meeting with you, she goes back to the drawing board to come up with various sketches of your potential cake. She doesn't try to nickel and dime you for silly things like the shape of your cake, and the finished product is absolutely perfect!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

LOVE LOVE LOVED Tammy! She did a fantastic job. We met with her once before the wedding and she listened to all of our ideas and gave some of her own. She was super friendly and very easy to work with. She was willing to customize the icing, cake and filling to be exactly what we wanted. A couple of months before the wedding she sent me some drawings she had come up with and I gave her a few ideas and everything was executed perfectly. The cake was gorgeous and tasted fantastic. We got a ton of compliments on how it looked and tasted! Would absolutely recommend her to anyone. She is friendly, attentive and does a great job.

Recently Married

Tammy made our wedding cake which was part of our wedding package at our venue and it was beautiful!! We had so many delicious options to choose from and Tammy was so great to work with. She was very quick to respond to my emails and did a fantastic job on creating our cake to be exactly what we wanted on our wedding day. I highly recommend her, you won't be disappointed!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Tammy was a complete and total sweetheart. I sent probably about 10 picture of cupcakes and she explain every single picture on price and anything else you can imagine! The cupcakes were out of the world AMAZING.

Tori
05/10/2014

I can not even begin to tell you how AMAZING Tammy from Cakes by Tammy is to work with. I looked at many different cake places and had high expectations for the cake I wanted. I wanted a truly custom cake with intricate designs. I went to a couple bakeries that wanted to charge insane amounts of money or just told me they could not do the cake I envisioned. When I met with Tammy she said she was excited to make the cake and hoped I chose the one I showed her. She was up for the challenge. The cake was the most BEAUTIFUL thing I have ever seen! I did not want to cut it! It was a 6 tier cake with a detailed silver dragee design and edible pearls. She had to apply the design with tweezers (I now feel bad about that). My reception venue second my opinions on the cake and said it was the best one they had seen. Not only was it the most beautiful cake ever but it also tasted delicious! You will not regret going with Tammy, she was amazing!

1+ year ago

Our wedding cake was included in our wedding package from our venue, but we had a choice between two bakers. We chose Cakes by Tammy and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Tammy is such a pleasant person to work with! She listens to exactly what you want and gives it to you. Our cake was EXACTLY what we wanted! My husband doesn't even like cake, but he looooved Tammy's french vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling which we used in each tier of our wedding cake. I would definitely recommend Tammy to all my friends and family. Such a great person!

1+ year ago

I can't come up with a single complaint about Tammy! We brought in a picture of a wedding cake we liked and she helped us tweak it to fit our ideas without any issue. She was open to any ideas we had and worked with us to bring our vision to life. When we ran into a little bit of design trouble, she went above and beyond and worked her butt off to make our dream cake a reality! She was quick to answer e-mails and to correspond about the progress. Most importantly, the cake tasted PHENOMENAL! My husband ate his piece - then stole mine while I wasn't looking and ate that, too! We cannot wait to eat our anniversary cake (which was baked and packaged separately - so awesome). We LOVE Cakes by Tammy and would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding cake.

1+ year ago

Tammy was absolutely wonderful to work with! Upon meeting with her we knew she had to be the one to make our wedding cake! She has quite the eye for design. At our meeting, I brought along pictures of cakes I liked, she then took those pictures and created the cake of my dreams! We also got to pick two cakes and fillings we would like to try. Wow! We were certainly impressed. The cakes were large enough that not only my husband and I got to sample them, but my parents did too! We were not very fond of the icing she used, but from reading other reviews on here I knew she had a secondary icing that she would use too. We requested to try the other icing and received another cake at no additional charge! The second icing was amazing!! We were sold! On our wedding day, the cake was beautiful! I have received so many compliments since the wedding about our cake. It was moist and tasted wonderful! I would highly suggest booking Tammy for your wedding!

Jody
09/21/2013

Tammy was fabulous to work with. She was always completely responsive and friendly. She brought two whole round cakes to our initial meeting to sample once I got home. My (now) husband and I consider that day one of the best in the entire planning process. The cake was delicious, and Tammy was great.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Tammy was very easy to work with and was able to do exactly what we envisioned for our wedding cake. It was absolutely beautiful and everyone commented on how delicious it was. Tammy was also willing to make a special gluten free cake for my cousins since it was her birthday and she made an awesome Pens cake for my hubby.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Tammy is the BEST. Seriously. She was so incredibly great to work with, was easy to get in touch with, and both the design and the taste of her cakes are amazing! She adjusted the butter cream so it wasn’t too sweet for us and matched the monogram from our invitation on our cake. I also wanted flowers on the cake and the way she arranged the flowers made it SO gorgeous and elegant, we got so many compliments! We also got cupcakes and an ombre cake for our rehearsal and she did such an amazing job, our guests devoured them! You can’t go wrong with her strawberry mousse and almond fillings. Our wedding cake was so perfect, and it’s the one thing I sat down and ate in its entirety that day because it was just SO good!! We would work with her again without a doubt!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Tammy did a fantastic job with our wedding cake! She was very accommodating, especially when we made the unique request to have four different cake flavors. Each and every tier was delicious and we received numerous compliments from our guests. Tammy was professional and delivered exactly what she promised. I was very impressed and would recommend Tammy to any bride looking for her wedding cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

FABULOUS! DELICIOUS!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! YUMMILICIOUS!

1 Review
2.8

Let me start by saying I had a hotel wedding and Cakes by Tammy was part of the hotels price.

Tammy had to have written the majority of the reviews on her page herself. She was extremely difficult to get in touch with by phone and email. I was NEVER able to reach her by phone and she took several days to respond by email and would then not answer all of my questions (if multiple questions were in one email). On the day of my wedding I went to look at my cake and she had our initials wrong. I was upset. Knowing she was so hard to get a hold of, I never thought the wedding planner would be able to reach her to get her to fix it. I think she did end up getting back to the reception site and fixing it, but if had I not seen the cake before the wedding our monogram would have been wrong on our cake. Days before the wedding I sent her an email confirming the monogram, but she still messed it up. The cake was gorgeous and tasted great but in my mind there is no excuse to be so difficult to get in touch with and it is absolutely inexcusable to use the wrong initials in a monogram.

Cakes By Tammy responded with the following comments:

I will take the higher road here. Yes, you are correct. I did mess up the monogram. I made a mistake. The moment I received a call, I immediately drove back to the site to fix it. And when I walked into the room and saw that your florist decided to play cake decorator and made the situation 10X's worse, I still managed to correct it.
And you are also correct about being hard to get in touch with at times. I try to keep up with emails and phone calls, but during busier times of the year, yes- there are a couple of days between calls and emails. Ive heard this same thing from brides who call larger bakeries- they sometimes dont even get a return call at all. Im a one person bakery. And I do my best. And I dont try to meke excuses for my mistakes. Im human. I make them. But sometimes, its just not good enough for some. For that I apologize.
But I hate to tell you, I dont write my own reviews. If I dont have time to get to emails fast enough, then I hardly have time to write reviews for myself.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Tammy made the most beautiful cake for my wedding, it was more than I even asked of her - a simply beautiful work of art! I would recommend Cakes by Tammy to everyone!

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago

I am very pleased and satisfied with all of my interactions with Tammy throughout the cake planning process and the final outcome of our cake!!! She was responsive, helpful, and easy to work with as we had many questions. My husband is picky about icing and he absolutely loved this cake and icing! We had two different cake flavors and it was a huge hit at our wedding! Our guests gave many compliments and we are looking forward to eating our cake again on our one year wedding anniversary! Thanks, Tammy.