Cakes by kemi

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
1+ year ago

My event was planned from Atlanta Georgia for metro detroit area and everything was in place fresh appealing and very good. .my wife and I was doing photos with the cake and couldn't put it down...loved it..2 flavor sheet with a premium batter at no extra cost. ..unlike all othe competitors. ..loved it loved it

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I searched online for for a baker in 2012 because cakes by ? cancel my cake order because they were to busy on wedding cakes to fill my birthday cake order. I found Cakes by Kemi, I ordered a 3 tier pillow cake in purple and gold, she promised to make and delivery my cake on time. When she delivered I was very relieved to see how professional and well put together she was. My guest loved that Red Velvet and the matching mask cupcakes. So a year later I am still ordering all sorts of things from her, there is nothing I have threw at her that she has not put her touch of love and expertise on, she has not failed once, and I order plenty. ALSO TRY HER WHITE CHOCOLATE COVER STRAWBERRIES WITH ROASTED PECANS...I promise you will not be sorry you hired her as your baker. Try the Key Lime. Thanks Kemi

Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Hello, I live in Detroit Michigan, my sister just did a baby shower for my brother and wife, she brought a BEAUTIFUL CAKE AND CUPCAKES all the way from Atlanta. When I say they were beautiful, good and moist, you would of never know they traveled by car two days before the event. I don't know Kemi and this is the first time I have had the pleasure of indulging in her work of art, So I say hats off to you girl, you need to come to Michigan....Great Job. (p.s, I kept the little teddy bear, couldn't bear to eat it, so cute)

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
1 Review
1+ year ago

I had the cupcakes at a baby shower in Detroit they were the best the baby girl and teddy bear topping was 3D and perfect.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Thanks you my cup cakes & cake for my shower was wonderful

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I have found my "cake lady" for LIFE! Kemi took our vision and brought it to life. Not only did the cakes look wonderful, but tasted sinful! EVERYONE commented on how nice the cake was, especially the grooms cake (it was a grand piano :o). Kemi has made us her customers for life - our bday parties, anniversary, just because... Kemi is our cake soulmate! SHE IS DEDICATED TO THE CUSTOMER!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I love Kemi she's the best, I refer all my friends to her, she has the most favorable cakes and cupcakes I've ever had. She is very professional, prompt and true to her word. Her art work is the best I ever seen. I really can't say enough good things about Cakes by Kemi, I just have loved everything she done for us.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Kemi is AWESOME!!! Works within your budget. I would encourage you to be very very specific as she delivers exactly what you ask for, which I love! Received tons of compliments on my wedding cake and it was delicious! Delivered on time and without any issues. I would definitely use Cakes by Kemi again!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

I had a huge problem a month before the wedding when the girl doing my cake had to move. I found Kemi online and her prices were the best around. She stepped in and did the cake for me and it was amazing. Her prices didnt change when adding filling and an anniversary tier. She had a base price and it was reasonable. I would highly recommend her to all my friends and family!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

CHOOSING CAKES BY KEMI WAS THE BEST DECISION THAT WE COULD'VE MADE FOR OUR WEDDING CAKE AND GROOM'S CAKE! THE CAKES WERE DELICIOUS AND THE DESIGNS WERE SPECTACULAR! KEMI REALLY SHOWED HER TALENT WITH SUCH GREAT WORK!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes By Kemi....Amazing is all I can think to say.Kemi has the best cake I have ever tasted and she can make cake look like just about anything.She comes to you for tastings and works with any budget.Kemi is the nicest and most personable person I have ever had the honor to meet.Kemi is truly a brides most treasured friend.....Thank you Cakes By Kemi..

Services Used: Wedding Cake

She was very professional, on time always had a smile on her face. High quality for a reasonable price.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I've used Kemi to bake birthday & baby showers desserts for me on several occassions. Her designs are so flawless to the point where guests don't want to even cut into the cake! But once they do & taste the moist deliciousness of the cake, they long for more. I myself ate 6 slices of a golf bag cake she recently made for a friend's 40th birthday.

Kemi doesn't make cakes. She creates edible works of art!

3.4

During the cake tasting the cakes were very moist. I wasn't all impressed with the cake the day of my wedding. Most all of the layers had dark brown bottoms, as if over cooked, they were not moist as they were during the cake tasting. I would say you pay for what you get, as her prices are lower than most for a fondant cake. While the appearance was nice; Overall I was very disappointed with the cake.