Bridal Depot

• Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
OMG!!! HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT GO HERE! I went here today.....why i dont know. Of course I found the dress the I wanted there and was almost scammed. First of all, there are no prices on the dresses which is a red flag bc ALL REAL salons put the prices on them. Well, I wanted to buy this Maggie Sottero dress and she told me it was $4000!!! When I told her I couldnt afford that she dropped the price to $2800. Then I told her it still was way too much so she ask me If i believe in God and I should just purchase the dress and he will bless me with the money. Well that pissed me off then she drops the price to $2300. I decided to Google the dress and find out the sticker price for the designer gown is only $1800!!!!!! She ought to be ashamed of herself for doing that to brides. I was even crying bc I knew that was my dress but I couldnt afford. Everything happens for a reason bc I went on Maggie Sottero's website and found the dress at Panache Bridal and they gave me a 1st time discount and I purchased my dress for $1900 with tax! PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT WASTE UR TIME GOING HERE. I will also email Maggie Sottero and let the designer know what they are doing to brides!
Wedding: 10/16/2014
4.8/5.0

FutureMrsG. 4 Reviews
Rose was amazing! My mom & I went to 5 stores to try on dresses and I was in tears when we pulled up to Bridal Depo because I was so tired of trying on dress after dress. As soon as we walked in Rose greeted us and she said to me "I have the perfect dress for you, I will put it in the dressing room!" My mom and I selected a few dresses to try on but the dress I ended up LOVING was the dress that Rose had picked out. She was dead on and the price was below my budget so that was a huge plus! My dress should be in the first week of November so I am excited to go back and try it on!
Wedding: 02/22/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After working with a store for over a month to get my size (plus size) I decided to call Bridal Depot to see if they had a red special occassion dress in plus sizes. Rosie answered the phone and said they did. I arrived the next day after 6pm and they were busy. I was greeted and began walking around lookinf for red dresses in plus. Someone came over and briefly spoke to me about what I was looking for and left me to look some more. The very first dress I zeroed in on was red and just so happen to be my size!! I loooked around for a few more dresses but came back to the first one. I tried it on and it fit me perfectly. Rosie helped me with the dress and made suggestions on proper undergarments I would need for the dress. I had a great experience and the dress was less than the dress at the other store. It also helped I was able to put it on lay-a-way. Rosie offered to steam the dress a few days before my wedding on Valentine's Day 2014.
Wedding: 02/14/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
Rose is an amazing person and knows exactly the look you want
Wedding: Recently Married
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5

Vonetta 5 Reviews
An array of dresses to choose from! If you are looking for that "Say Yes to the Dress" experience with cocktails and bright lights this may not be the place for you, but if you are looking to find your dream dress on budget, without the frills this is the place for you. I would recommend to go to one of the fancy bridal boutiques to get that experience out the way and then rush to Bridal Depot to actually purchase the dress. My dress was affordable, and when it arrived, it fit beautifully. The manager, Rosie, is great to work with and she always keeps me laughing when I stop by. Also, Bridal Depot, is a one stop shop. I received my dress on the third floor and sent my dress to the second floor for minor alterations. I loved my experience here.
Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was in search of my wedding gown and saw one online I absolutely fell in love with. I began calling all Maggie Sottero venues that could possibly have the dress in stock with the color and size I needed 3 months before my wedding. Most venues did not have it or called me back. I called the Bridal Depot and Rose answered. Rose immediately knew which gown I was calling about. She gave me a vivid detailed description of my dress, which made me fall head over heels. Needless to say, I purchased it over the phone without even trying it on. The dress came in about a week later. It was even more beautiful then I imagined. Dana on the second floor did my alterations. My Adelee Maggie Sottero dress was PERFECT!!! Totally recommend working with Rose at the Bridal Depot and Dana for any alterations.
Wedding: 09/21/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rose at Bridal Depot was super. I called the store and talked with her while I was still in north Texas helping my daughter find her bridal gown. We found the one we wanted but couldn't order it since we only had 5 months. I talked with Rose and she took down all the information. We needed a small size which is very hard to find off the rack. When I got back into Houston area, I called her and she had located the exact dress in their warehouse in Dallas. I was surprised they had a size 4. They received it 2 weeks later and then they referred us to Dana's Alterations which was in the same building. Dana was fantastic. She altered the dress from a size 4 to about a size 0 and it looked stunning. The Bridal Depot building looked horrific but we had a very good experience with them
Wedding: 08/10/2013
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After visiting 5 different bridal stores in Houston, I finally found a dress that felt like the one at the Bridal Depot. I tried there because of their large selection of Mori Lee and Anjolique, the latter of which is not found at many salons in Houston. I found "flaws" with every other gown I tried on, so when I walked out of the dressing room and couldn't think of anything I'd change, I knew I should buy it. Rose worked with me and was very friendly and helpful, but I became worried when she informed me that there were already several appointments in the next few days for brides who wanted to try on that dress (the only one and a sample). Rose explained that the dress was a 2012 design and that only a few were made in the tulle fabric. She said that there was no item number because of this, meaning I could not look up the design. Although I wanted to wait for my mom to come that weekend, I bought the gown for fear that it would be sold before then.

Later that night, I was browsing the Anjolique website to read more about the designer. To my surprise, I saw that my dress (#2206) was the thumbnail on The Knot for the designer and actually came out 2 years ago- in 2010. Initially angered that I had been cheated into buying a new and "special" gown, I planned to confront Rose at the store the next day. I anticipated defensiveness, but to my surprise Rose was also shocked that it was not a new design/fabric and explained that she had simply relayed what she was told by an Anjolique representative 2 weeks ago when they received the dress. She was very apologetic and immediately called the manager/let me speak to her. She then invited us into her office and called Anjolique in our presence to find out what happened. Anjolique claimed it was "new" because they brought it back and took no responsibility for selling the gown at a higher price. They claimed that their representative just made a "human mistake" and refused to resolve the situation.

Unlike horror stories I've read from many brides, Rose and her manager, Dana, IMMEDIATELY RESOLVED THE SITUATION AS I REQUESTED. Without any fuss, they provided a refund of the additional cost from what I saw the dress was sold 2 years ago (which meant they refunded me around $500). Even though they were going to incur the cost of giving me the discount, they wanted to make sure that I was happy. Throughout all of this, Rose was apologetic and stressed how important it was that they share the correct information to brides. They made a choice to be FAIR, and that's something that you won't find with many bridal shops. Ethical shops like Bridal Depot deserve your business.

Lessons learned: You can't necessarily trust that a design is "new" and hasn't been featured in a previous year, so investigate. The whole wedding business can be tricky, so read reviews and stay informed.

I highly recommend the Bridal Depot based on how they handled what was initially a really upsetting situation. They fixed the mistake despite it not being their fault, and by the end I left with a gown that was even more within my budget. Best of luck in your wedding gown search!
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was somewhat nervous about shopping for my wedding dress because I have heard some horror stories on how some bridal shops treat people. I sent an email on Bridal Depot's website and I immediately received a reply from Rose. I called her and made an appointment for the following day to shop for my wedding dress. As soon as my mom and I walked in Rose greeted us. She was so friendly and helpful! She told me pick as many dresses as you want and take your time. I tried on 12 dresses, but I knew the third dress was the one! (but I had to make sure) I put the third dress on for the second time and the whole time in the dressing room my mom and I were a little concerned about the price. The dress has a lot of beading and a large train so were thinking the dress was going to be really expensive. We asked Rose the price and it was really cheap, my mom and I were both shocked and so excited! We ordered my wedding dress and all of my accessories at that time. Rose did warn me that my dress would not be in for at least 6 months because it had to be made. My dress came in right at 6 months and my first fitting was awesome. The dress fit perfect, it was the perfect length and size! The only thing that had to be done was the bustle and cups.

Dana in alterations is amazing! She was so much fun and did a great job on my dress. My mom even had her dress hemmed by Dana. Rose and Dana are so friendly and fun, they never had a negative attitude about anything! If I had any questions they answered them immediately. They even steamed my petticoat because the tool was really bunched up. I would recommend Bridal Depot to any bride. They are very helpful and an amazing staff! If you are unsure of your bridal gown Rose can pick an awesome dress for you! Bridal Depot exceeded my expectations and I had a great memorable experience!
Wedding: 04/26/2013
2.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Anonymous 14 Reviews
Vendor is very flexible, no appointments required to walk into the store and check out their dresses. However, they are unresponsive to my e-mails regarding my dress. I could not find a picture of my dress online. I've asked the vendor to send me a picture of my dress from the designer over the phone and via e-mail. however, they are unresponsive to my request. I'm not even sure if the vendor is cheating me of my money b/c my favorite designer Maggie Sottero has not posted a picture of my dress that I have ordered from this store. Take this as a warning.

I should have known better than to shop here to begin with. This place is completely runned down...it's just obvious once you walk in. I didn't want to judge the book by its cover by giving them a shot. it looks like this is my biggest mistake. Please run away from this store as fast as you can
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Anonymous 4 Reviews
Got all my bridesmaid dresses from bridal depot. Prompt service, flexible with color availability. Price is the same as listed in designer's website.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I received excellent service at the Bridal Depot. The staff was helpful and my dress was perfect. My mother even bought her dress from here. I even recommended another bride who also purchased her gown.
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great Quality and Pricing! They have a good selection of wedding dresses and their staff is very helpful and friendly.
Wedding: 07/28/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
My experience is one I will never forget. When I arrived I was immediately greeted by staff and they made my experience one I will never forget! After selecting about ten dresses or so to try on, one of the ladies helping me said she had a dress in the back that just came in and that she thought I may like. It ended up being "the dress," and was my size and everything!! I even brought it home with me that day. They are also very reasonable in price!! My mom also came back to get her dress there too, which they went above and beyond for her as well. I would definitely recommend going here!!
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0

TXbride121 8 Reviews
I went here on a whim and ended up finding a beautiful dress. However it was the last one, and being from the 2009 line, they said it wasn't available for order so I would have to buy it off the rack. They said someone else was looking at it so if I wanted it I would have to buy it right then because they wouldn't hold it for me. I felt very pressured (and looking back, I should have just walked away) but I ended up buying it. And no surprise, I found out I overpaid by about 150%. I also ordered a headband and veil "to match" in ivory. That was 11 months before the wedding.

I called to check on the veil order about 4 months later, they said it would be in by the end of the week. I thought that was very convenient timing, but hey, maybe they forgot to order it, and were getting it in ASAP - human error happens, no problem! I called 1 month later, again, they said it would be in by the end of the week. This time I asked for an explanation and their reason was that I got the wrong info last time, they must have confused me with someone with my exact same name who was getting married on the exact same day (I have an extremely unique last name). Uh huh. Finally, 3 months before the wedding, my accessories come in and I pick them up. I have to bring the veil back a week before the wedding so they can steam it with the dress. I do that, and ask to try on the dress with my shoes, just to make sure - they can't find my dress. After about 30-40 min and mentioning maybe they sold it by accident, they finally find it. I come back the next week (3 days before wedding) to pick up the dress and veil, terrified that everything will be missing. Luckily, they had it, but the veil hadn't been steamed and the dress was only about half-done. They tried to tell me to just keep it in the bathroom and run a hot shower. Ugh. So after I convince them to steam it, we finally leave and I have never been more grateful to get away from a business and be done with them.

I DO NOT recommend going here for any reason. The dresses are mediocre and overpriced, the staff is middling at best (though Rose was very friendly at least), and no bride needs to worry about their dress as much as I felt I had to!
_______________________________________________
As an aside, the associated "Dana's Alterations" was fabulous, she was efficient, timely, friendly, and she did a perfect job on the alterations, the cups, and the bustle, I certainly recommend her.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
The staff at the bridal depot were very accomodating, friendly, and helpful. They were definitely very honest with respect to the type of dress that I want to my body type. They have been in this field for a long time and it shows. Great experience!
Wedding: 12/04/2011
 713-668-3100
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire