Bridal Depot

• Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
We decided to try this place out after the first two places did not have what we were looking for in a dress. We called ahead on a Saturday and showed up within 30 minutes. They let us choose about 20 dresses and set us up in a room. It was the second to last one, but I found THE DRESS! They worked with us on the price and even included alterations and dry cleaning. We got a great deal!

The area is a little sketchy and it's very dated inside, but they have SO many dresses to choose from that it's really a great place to look.
Wedding: 05/16/2015

MRS to be 2 Reviews
Customer service is the BEST. I had a apptmnt and i got there and greeted me, asked what i was looking for and they showed me around and told me where everything was. Then they let me and my BM and mom look around. I really appreciate that they give you your space and let you walk around and not feel pressured. They came back every so often to get the dresses we picked out and put in the dressing room. They help you in everything and give you suggestions. Rose was there giving her opinions and talking with my Bridal Party and they loved her. She was very helpful and i honestly cant say enough about her and the staff.

The building outside does look a bit hiden and off but on the inside its a one stop shop. The first floow has limo service, invitations, decor, ext. second alterations, and top the Bridal.

This was the first and last place i went after trying on 6 dresses i was able to FIND the one.

thank you Bridal Depot!
Wedding: 03/14/2015
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
OMG!!! HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT GO HERE! I went here today.....why i dont know. Of course I found the dress the I wanted there and was almost scammed. First of all, there are no prices on the dresses which is a red flag bc ALL REAL salons put the prices on them. Well, I wanted to buy this Maggie Sottero dress and she told me it was $4000!!! When I told her I couldnt afford that she dropped the price to $2800. Then I told her it still was way too much so she ask me If i believe in God and I should just purchase the dress and he will bless me with the money. Well that pissed me off then she drops the price to $2300. I decided to Google the dress and find out the sticker price for the designer gown is only $1800!!!!!! She ought to be ashamed of herself for doing that to brides. I was even crying bc I knew that was my dress but I couldnt afford. Everything happens for a reason bc I went on Maggie Sottero's website and found the dress at Panache Bridal and they gave me a 1st time discount and I purchased my dress for $1900 with tax! PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT WASTE UR TIME GOING HERE. I will also email Maggie Sottero and let the designer know what they are doing to brides!
Wedding: 10/16/2014
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I purchased my gown from here and I must say, I love it! They have a lot of designer dresses and at much lower cost. Their customer service is great. I am also getting my bridesmaid dresses from here. I looked everywhere until I found the bridesmaid dresses that for my gown style.
Wedding: [Private]

Private User 2 Reviews
I cannot say enough good things about the team at Bridal Depot! The staff and manager Rose were kind, courteous, and helped me find my DREAM DRESS! They don't rush you or pressure you to buy something you don't want, which makes the whole shopping experience that much more enjoyable. Also, I truly valued how open and honest the staff was, meaning they told you the pros and cons of each dress without sugarcoating it...this was a huge plus for me. Don't let the aesthetics of their location fool you...this place is a gem!
Wedding: [Private]
4.8/5.0

FutureMrsG. 4 Reviews
Rose was amazing! My mom & I went to 5 stores to try on dresses and I was in tears when we pulled up to Bridal Depo because I was so tired of trying on dress after dress. As soon as we walked in Rose greeted us and she said to me "I have the perfect dress for you, I will put it in the dressing room!" My mom and I selected a few dresses to try on but the dress I ended up LOVING was the dress that Rose had picked out. She was dead on and the price was below my budget so that was a huge plus! My dress should be in the first week of November so I am excited to go back and try it on!
Wedding: 02/22/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After working with a store for over a month to get my size (plus size) I decided to call Bridal Depot to see if they had a red special occassion dress in plus sizes. Rosie answered the phone and said they did. I arrived the next day after 6pm and they were busy. I was greeted and began walking around lookinf for red dresses in plus. Someone came over and briefly spoke to me about what I was looking for and left me to look some more. The very first dress I zeroed in on was red and just so happen to be my size!! I loooked around for a few more dresses but came back to the first one. I tried it on and it fit me perfectly. Rosie helped me with the dress and made suggestions on proper undergarments I would need for the dress. I had a great experience and the dress was less than the dress at the other store. It also helped I was able to put it on lay-a-way. Rosie offered to steam the dress a few days before my wedding on Valentine's Day 2014.
Wedding: 02/14/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
Rose is an amazing person and knows exactly the look you want
Wedding: Recently Married
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5

Vonetta 5 Reviews
An array of dresses to choose from! If you are looking for that "Say Yes to the Dress" experience with cocktails and bright lights this may not be the place for you, but if you are looking to find your dream dress on budget, without the frills this is the place for you. I would recommend to go to one of the fancy bridal boutiques to get that experience out the way and then rush to Bridal Depot to actually purchase the dress. My dress was affordable, and when it arrived, it fit beautifully. The manager, Rosie, is great to work with and she always keeps me laughing when I stop by. Also, Bridal Depot, is a one stop shop. I received my dress on the third floor and sent my dress to the second floor for minor alterations. I loved my experience here.
Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was in search of my wedding gown and saw one online I absolutely fell in love with. I began calling all Maggie Sottero venues that could possibly have the dress in stock with the color and size I needed 3 months before my wedding. Most venues did not have it or called me back. I called the Bridal Depot and Rose answered. Rose immediately knew which gown I was calling about. She gave me a vivid detailed description of my dress, which made me fall head over heels. Needless to say, I purchased it over the phone without even trying it on. The dress came in about a week later. It was even more beautiful then I imagined. Dana on the second floor did my alterations. My Adelee Maggie Sottero dress was PERFECT!!! Totally recommend working with Rose at the Bridal Depot and Dana for any alterations.
Wedding: 09/21/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rose at Bridal Depot was super. I called the store and talked with her while I was still in north Texas helping my daughter find her bridal gown. We found the one we wanted but couldn't order it since we only had 5 months. I talked with Rose and she took down all the information. We needed a small size which is very hard to find off the rack. When I got back into Houston area, I called her and she had located the exact dress in their warehouse in Dallas. I was surprised they had a size 4. They received it 2 weeks later and then they referred us to Dana's Alterations which was in the same building. Dana was fantastic. She altered the dress from a size 4 to about a size 0 and it looked stunning. The Bridal Depot building looked horrific but we had a very good experience with them
Wedding: 08/10/2013
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After visiting 5 different bridal stores in Houston, I finally found a dress that felt like the one at the Bridal Depot. I tried there because of their large selection of Mori Lee and Anjolique, the latter of which is not found at many salons in Houston. I found "flaws" with every other gown I tried on, so when I walked out of the dressing room and couldn't think of anything I'd change, I knew I should buy it. Rose worked with me and was very friendly and helpful, but I became worried when she informed me that there were already several appointments in the next few days for brides who wanted to try on that dress (the only one and a sample). Rose explained that the dress was a 2012 design and that only a few were made in the tulle fabric. She said that there was no item number because of this, meaning I could not look up the design. Although I wanted to wait for my mom to come that weekend, I bought the gown for fear that it would be sold before then.

Later that night, I was browsing the Anjolique website to read more about the designer. To my surprise, I saw that my dress (#2206) was the thumbnail on The Knot for the designer and actually came out 2 years ago- in 2010. Initially angered that I had been cheated into buying a new and "special" gown, I planned to confront Rose at the store the next day. I anticipated defensiveness, but to my surprise Rose was also shocked that it was not a new design/fabric and explained that she had simply relayed what she was told by an Anjolique representative 2 weeks ago when they received the dress. She was very apologetic and immediately called the manager/let me speak to her. She then invited us into her office and called Anjolique in our presence to find out what happened. Anjolique claimed it was "new" because they brought it back and took no responsibility for selling the gown at a higher price. They claimed that their representative just made a "human mistake" and refused to resolve the situation.

Unlike horror stories I've read from many brides, Rose and her manager, Dana, IMMEDIATELY RESOLVED THE SITUATION AS I REQUESTED. Without any fuss, they provided a refund of the additional cost from what I saw the dress was sold 2 years ago (which meant they refunded me around $500). Even though they were going to incur the cost of giving me the discount, they wanted to make sure that I was happy. Throughout all of this, Rose was apologetic and stressed how important it was that they share the correct information to brides. They made a choice to be FAIR, and that's something that you won't find with many bridal shops. Ethical shops like Bridal Depot deserve your business.

Lessons learned: You can't necessarily trust that a design is "new" and hasn't been featured in a previous year, so investigate. The whole wedding business can be tricky, so read reviews and stay informed.

I highly recommend the Bridal Depot based on how they handled what was initially a really upsetting situation. They fixed the mistake despite it not being their fault, and by the end I left with a gown that was even more within my budget. Best of luck in your wedding gown search!
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was somewhat nervous about shopping for my wedding dress because I have heard some horror stories on how some bridal shops treat people. I sent an email on Bridal Depot's website and I immediately received a reply from Rose. I called her and made an appointment for the following day to shop for my wedding dress. As soon as my mom and I walked in Rose greeted us. She was so friendly and helpful! She told me pick as many dresses as you want and take your time. I tried on 12 dresses, but I knew the third dress was the one! (but I had to make sure) I put the third dress on for the second time and the whole time in the dressing room my mom and I were a little concerned about the price. The dress has a lot of beading and a large train so were thinking the dress was going to be really expensive. We asked Rose the price and it was really cheap, my mom and I were both shocked and so excited! We ordered my wedding dress and all of my accessories at that time. Rose did warn me that my dress would not be in for at least 6 months because it had to be made. My dress came in right at 6 months and my first fitting was awesome. The dress fit perfect, it was the perfect length and size! The only thing that had to be done was the bustle and cups.

Dana in alterations is amazing! She was so much fun and did a great job on my dress. My mom even had her dress hemmed by Dana. Rose and Dana are so friendly and fun, they never had a negative attitude about anything! If I had any questions they answered them immediately. They even steamed my petticoat because the tool was really bunched up. I would recommend Bridal Depot to any bride. They are very helpful and an amazing staff! If you are unsure of your bridal gown Rose can pick an awesome dress for you! Bridal Depot exceeded my expectations and I had a great memorable experience!
Wedding: 04/26/2013
2.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Anonymous 14 Reviews
Vendor is very flexible, no appointments required to walk into the store and check out their dresses. However, they are unresponsive to my e-mails regarding my dress. I could not find a picture of my dress online. I've asked the vendor to send me a picture of my dress from the designer over the phone and via e-mail. however, they are unresponsive to my request. I'm not even sure if the vendor is cheating me of my money b/c my favorite designer Maggie Sottero has not posted a picture of my dress that I have ordered from this store. Take this as a warning.

I should have known better than to shop here to begin with. This place is completely runned down...it's just obvious once you walk in. I didn't want to judge the book by its cover by giving them a shot. it looks like this is my biggest mistake. Please run away from this store as fast as you can
Wedding: 1+ year ago
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Anonymous 4 Reviews
Got all my bridesmaid dresses from bridal depot. Prompt service, flexible with color availability. Price is the same as listed in designer's website.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I received excellent service at the Bridal Depot. The staff was helpful and my dress was perfect. My mother even bought her dress from here. I even recommended another bride who also purchased her gown.
Wedding: 09/08/2012
 713-668-3100
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire