Blackwell Soundz

Blackwell Soundz

Blackwell Soundz....It just Soundz Good!

P.O. Box 17466
Pittsburgh, PA 15235 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic Rock...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.9 / 5.0)
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Eric and Warren were professional from the first phone call. They always got back to us when they said they would. Eric did a great job DJing our wedding. He was great at getting it all running smoothly and getting everyone to participate. We would definately use their services again!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Eric was very kind and accommodating. His system sounded great! He played all my requests and kept the guests dancing! He even gave us a complimentary GOBO light with our names! He helped make our wedding day awesome!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Eric was a WONDERFUL DJ. He spent extra time with us and basically catered to us for the entire evening. He had everything exactly the way we wanted it, he took requests from guests, he even danced with us and the guests, which was great! You could hear him, he got the guests interested and knew how to get everyone having a good time! I can't say enough great things about him! He worked all night, I didn't see him take a break once! He just did wonderful and our wedding would not have been so great with out him! I would highly recomend Eric Blackwell to anyone looking to have a great time and wants to be catered to! He was great!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had Blackwell Soundz for our wedding on April 3, 2014. Eric was awesome!! He interacted with everyone to make the party fun for everyone. He played a variety of music from our pre-selected playlist and allowed guests to participate by submitting songs. We absolutely loved working with Eric! Very professional, very responsive, and not to mention GREAT prices!! Thank you for a great day. All the guests complimented us on our choice for a DJ. We would definitely use you again!!

• Wedding: 04/03/2014
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Based on the very positive reviews we read, we hired Eric Blackwell as our dj for our wedding this past year. Overall, Eric was very nice and responsive to calls and emails. He was not difficult to work with. I am writing this review to offer some warning though-- at our wedding Eric was a very low energy dj. We were looking for a dj that was much more interactive and lively and that just wasn't Eric's speed. It may be an issue of match, however, we were not very happy with the services we received. For example, he played several songs we expressly asked him(several times) not to play and did not play songs we asked him to play. If you want a very energetic dj, you might want to look else where. Eric is very nice and his prices our reasonable but you may just want to consider the match between you and him, based on our experience.

Blackwell Soundz responded with the following comments:

I encourage all and any types of reviews however. I operate strictly on request of the bride and groom. I provide a song playlist form that details exactly the songs chosen by the couples and I ask for a do not play list. if the information is not provided to me before the wedding (which I call Monday & Thursday before the wedding day) then there is no way for me to know what the preferred song selections are. I do agree with choosing a DJ that matches your personality. In my experience couples do not want someone who will draw attention to themselves (I've have had that in the contract). Again, these details need to be discussed in advance. I encourage in the future to have great dialogue BEFORE your event or even before your event is booked so there is clear understanding. It is my belief never to assume someone want you out on the dance floor. For some it is great for others it is annoying. We utilize wireless internet for the sole purpose of playing any song requested. Communication is the key as well as providing in great detail what is expected. Respectfully Blackwell Soundz

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Eric is the coolest DJ ever! Professional, prompt and courteous!! Awesome guy!!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a wonderful experience working with Eric from Blackwell Soundz. He truly blessed me with his level of profesionalism and attentiveness. He was always available via email or phone to discuss the plans for the reception. He also offered great suggestions. Eric also took the time to learn the names of the wedding party as to be able to pronounce them correctly during the introductions. He was available for changes up to even the day of the wedding.

The reception was done beautifully. The atmosphere was just what we wanted. All the music we wanted to have played was played. Our guests never left the dance floor even with "clean" music being played. It was great. Eric even made up a dance to show the guests in which they were all fully engaged!

Overall, Eric was a pleasure to work with, and I would definitely recommend Blackwell Soundz to anyone.

• Wedding: 08/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was this past weekend and Eric made our reception so much fun! He was instrumental in finding the song for our first dance, played great music that wasn't too loud for guests who didn't dance and was very professional. For those of us who did dance, we had a blast! I would recommend Blackwell Soundz to anyone in need of an excellent, affordable and fun DJ. You will not regret it!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Eric was great, he made sure we were in constant communication throughout all the planning. He was reachable via text, E-mail, phone or regular mail. During the wedding he was energetic, fun, & every one of our guests loved him. He answered any questions the children had there and even let them spin music when they wanted to learn how to be a DJ.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
412-583-1357
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire