Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment

Value
Flexibility
Katelyn
10/25/2014

Amazing!! We danced the night away and everyone had a great time! Very professional and did everything I asked!!

Alix
10/04/2014

The DJ was very attentive and responsive to everything we needed. He even made a last minute day of the wedding change for us with zero problems. All of our guests enjoyed the music and atmosphere he created. He made our music and DJ selection stress free!

Services Used: DJ

Eric was very kind and accommodating. His system sounded great! He played all my requests and kept the guests dancing! He even gave us a complimentary GOBO light with our names! He helped make our wedding day awesome!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Recently Married

An excellent DJ service!! Would hire them again for any event!!!

Services Used: DJ

Eric was a WONDERFUL DJ. He spent extra time with us and basically catered to us for the entire evening. He had everything exactly the way we wanted it, he took requests from guests, he even danced with us and the guests, which was great! You could hear him, he got the guests interested and knew how to get everyone having a good time! I can't say enough great things about him! He worked all night, I didn't see him take a break once! He just did wonderful and our wedding would not have been so great with out him! I would highly recomend Eric Blackwell to anyone looking to have a great time and wants to be catered to! He was great!

Hannah
05/24/2014

It was such a pleasure to work with Eric. Aside from being very professional, easy to work with, and very quick to respond to questions via email and phone, Eric took the time to personalize every detail including song requests, introductions, and announcements. He made the event flow smoothly, and got our guests dancing throughout the night. We couldn't be happier with his services!

Hannah
05/24/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Eric. Not only did he work to make every little detail of our lighting and playlist perfect, he went above and beyond on our special day. Eric is a profession. He was always available to answer our questions and made the planning process simple. I highly recommend his services. His services were worth well beyond what we paid.

Katie
05/10/2014

Eric was very helpful and easy to get a hold of. He kept are wedding going the entire night. He did a fantastic job with my special father daughter dance I asked him to put together for me! Can't say enough wonderful things about him or his service

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I had Blackwell Soundz for our wedding on April 3, 2014. Eric was awesome!! He interacted with everyone to make the party fun for everyone. He played a variety of music from our pre-selected playlist and allowed guests to participate by submitting songs. We absolutely loved working with Eric! Very professional, very responsive, and not to mention GREAT prices!! Thank you for a great day. All the guests complimented us on our choice for a DJ. We would definitely use you again!!

Services Used: DJ

Eric is the coolest DJ ever! Professional, prompt and courteous!! Awesome guy!!

Services Used: DJ

I had a wonderful experience working with Eric from Blackwell Soundz. He truly blessed me with his level of profesionalism and attentiveness. He was always available via email or phone to discuss the plans for the reception. He also offered great suggestions. Eric also took the time to learn the names of the wedding party as to be able to pronounce them correctly during the introductions. He was available for changes up to even the day of the wedding.

The reception was done beautifully. The atmosphere was just what we wanted. All the music we wanted to have played was played. Our guests never left the dance floor even with "clean" music being played. It was great. Eric even made up a dance to show the guests in which they were all fully engaged!

Overall, Eric was a pleasure to work with, and I would definitely recommend Blackwell Soundz to anyone.

Services Used: DJ

Our wedding was this past weekend and Eric made our reception so much fun! He was instrumental in finding the song for our first dance, played great music that wasn't too loud for guests who didn't dance and was very professional. For those of us who did dance, we had a blast! I would recommend Blackwell Soundz to anyone in need of an excellent, affordable and fun DJ. You will not regret it!

Services Used: DJ

Eric was great, he made sure we were in constant communication throughout all the planning. He was reachable via text, E-mail, phone or regular mail. During the wedding he was energetic, fun, & every one of our guests loved him. He answered any questions the children had there and even let them spin music when they wanted to learn how to be a DJ.

Services Used: DJ

Eric and Warren were professional from the first phone call. They always got back to us when they said they would. Eric did a great job DJing our wedding. He was great at getting it all running smoothly and getting everyone to participate. We would definately use their services again!

Recently Married
4.3

Vendor was prompt and polite. Vendor played pre approved music and kept the dancing going all through the event. We would recommend this vendor for any couples wedding.

1+ year ago
3.6

Based on the very positive reviews we read, we hired Eric Blackwell as our dj for our wedding this past year. Overall, Eric was very nice and responsive to calls and emails. He was not difficult to work with. I am writing this review to offer some warning though-- at our wedding Eric was a very low energy dj. We were looking for a dj that was much more interactive and lively and that just wasn't Eric's speed. It may be an issue of match, however, we were not very happy with the services we received. For example, he played several songs we expressly asked him(several times) not to play and did not play songs we asked him to play. If you want a very energetic dj, you might want to look else where. Eric is very nice and his prices our reasonable but you may just want to consider the match between you and him, based on our experience.

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment responded with the following comments:

I encourage all and any types of reviews however. I operate strictly on request of the bride and groom. I provide a song playlist form that details exactly the songs chosen by the couples and I ask for a do not play list. if the information is not provided to me before the wedding (which I call Monday & Thursday before the wedding day) then there is no way for me to know what the preferred song selections are. I do agree with choosing a DJ that matches your personality. In my experience couples do not want someone who will draw attention to themselves (I've have had that in the contract). Again, these details need to be discussed in advance. I encourage in the future to have great dialogue BEFORE your event or even before your event is booked so there is clear understanding. It is my belief never to assume someone want you out on the dance floor. For some it is great for others it is annoying. We utilize wireless internet for the sole purpose of playing any song requested. Communication is the key as well as providing in great detail what is expected. Respectfully Blackwell Soundz