Black Tie Entertainment - DJ, Photo Booth, Uplighting, Video

Black Tie Entertainment - DJ, Photo Booth, Uplighting, Video

Syracuse DJs - No one has our people, our ideas, our style!

4683 Setting Sun Terrace
Syracuse, NY 13215 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I used Black Tie DJ Entertainment for our wedding and we were so happy with the outcome! Everyone seemed to have a great time at our wedding and I got tons of compliments on how great the music was. We had looked awhile for a DJ for our wedding and we decided to go with Black Tie DJ Entertainment after seeing all of their good reviews. I would have to say I loved how professional they were. They were very easy to get in contact with and they always returned my calls quickly. They showed up early at my wedding and I was impressed by how punctual they were. The music mixes were great. They played a wide variety, so there was really something for everyone. They also played songs that people could dance to, which made my wedding even more fun. I was really glad that we decided to go with Black Tie DJ Entertainment. I would recommend using them for a wedding. They are professional and provide great service. Highly recommend! They really made my wedding special.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Black Tie Entertainment provided DJ services, a photobooth and uplighting at our September wedding.
Bill, the owner, was so easy to work with. I sent him countless emails prior to even signing a contract with him and he always responded quickly.
The night of our wedding our DJ was Steve and he was awesome. He was so great at making the night what we wanted it to be... I made a few last minute changes and he never once made me feel like I was being a pain or making things difficult for him. He was upbeat and energetic and had the crowd dancing the ENTIRE night! He played a great blend of music from all genres and decades to please everyone. Whats great about BTE is they have a whole page on the contract to songs you absolutely have to hear, ones you can't stand, genres you like, those you don't, etc....
We also contracted BTE for a photobooth and our guests couldn't get enough! If you do a photobooth I HIGHLY recommend putting out a book for your guest to leave you a copy (they get 2 printed copies right then and there) and write you a message- the pictures and the messages in that book are hysterical! People who you would think would never in a million years go into a photo booth did and did it with crazy props too!
Lastly, BTE did our uplighting and it looked gorgeous. Our venue was quite large and the dynamic lighting made the room look even more grand. We also had our names monogrammed on the dance floor and it just made everything look so classy!
5 stars all the way for BTE! I would recommend them to anyone!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Black Tie for our wedding this weekend and they were amazing. Phil kept the party going and I received nothing but compliments in my choice of dj's. Everyone had a great time and most was due to the music and dancing. Thanks again Bill and Phil for your professionalism and flexibility in our needs for our wedding.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would recommend no one else. We ended up using the same DJ that my husband's sister used at her wedding ten years ago! Bill and Jim were both very professional and we had Jim as our DJ. They met our requests and built a relationship with us. Jim made our wedding a blast. Definitely a great choice.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Black Tie Entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding. They talked with us to make sure they knew the vibe of our wedding and really listened. My husband and I did not want a DJ that talked a lot throughout our wedding and Black Tie was great. We only chose 5 or 6 "must play songs" and our DJ was able to fill in the rest of the night with great songs that our whole wedding enjoyed. They also stayed completely away from all our "do not play" songs which I really appreciated! Our wedding was a fantastic dance party thanks to Black Tie and I would strongly recommend them as a wedding DJ!

• Wedding: 07/19/2014

They were so great!

Bill was so helpful answering our questions and very responsive. Bob was our DJ for the wedding and made everything so easy for us. We spoke with him a few times and he very quickly knew the atmosphere we were going for at the reception. He gave us a lot of great suggestions and we felt totally comfortable going into the wedding.

Bob was SO helpful during the ceremony and reception- he helped coordinate with the pianist and the bridal party during the ceremony, and he checked in with us regularly during the reception to make sure everything was going as we had hoped, and helped keep us on track, time-wise! He worked very well with our other vendors to make sure that was flowing smoothly. He did all of this as well as playing great music all night! He knew the right mix of songs and genres to keep everyone happy and on the dance floor and easily mixed in all of our requests.

We were so happy with Black Tie!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bill and Black Tie Entertainment were fantastic! We has our wedding and reception at Ventosa Vineyards and everything was seamless when it came to the DJ and photobooth services. Bill and the Ventosa staff worked extremely well together and made sure out day was perfect. The photobooth was also a great addition, looking through the digital copies has been hilarious! Thank you Bill!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We have nothing but positive things to say about Black Tie Entertainment! They did an absolutely fantastic job and went above and beyond to make our day special. We had several guests comment on how wonderful the DJ was throughout the night and even days following the wedding. Dj's are so much more than just music- so much thought was put into timing of speeches, our first dance- and it really made a huge difference on our big day. It was so nice to have someone who was experienced and I could trust to handle all of these things, our reception went perfectly in big part to Black Tie. We couldn't recommend them enough :)

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

BTE was perfect from the beginning! I saw them at a bridal show and set up a meeting..bill was very professional and easy to work with my husband and myself had no clue where to begin and he walked us through it offering recommendations along the way which was extremely helpful and appreciated..his set up at the reception looked great..we also had up lighting and spotlights on the cake and dance floor making the room look stunning! We changed things a lot throughout the night and added some things and the DJ went with the flow the dance floor was never empty which I was terrified about! I couldn't have been happier...

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Black Tie entertainment DJ'd my wedding in Skaneateles, NY last month. These guys are great. They were very thorough prior to the event, making sure they knew exactly how we wanted the night to unfold and making helpful suggestions. Phil was our DJ on the night of the wedding and he did a fantastic job. Prior to the wedding I was very specific in terms of do and do not play songs and he stuck exactly to plan. I highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING! We were so happy with how all of our wedding turned out but I have to say it all stemmed from how great Black Tie Entertainment was! Their work did not go unnoticed! Everyone enjoyed the DJ which was also the guy I had met and been working with. Bill was a really great listener so when my fiance and I met with him he understood what we were looking for instantly and he delivered right on target. I thought that finding a DJ would be hard and that you would have to put all this extra time and effort into making 'play' and 'do not play' lists for the cocktail hour, dinner music and for the reception but I was completely wrong. Because he listened he knew exactly what kind of music we liked and didn't like and that's what he played. The dance floor was packed all night and we got so many compliments about both the photobooth and the DJ! They did an amazing job and we would recommend them to ANYONE that was looking for a DJ or photobooth. Truly a great value and they can deliver exactly what you envision.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys were great, but make sure to verify who your actual DJ will be. We originally met with Bill and really liked him so we booked them, but then ended up having Mike. He was great too! Only thing was that we wanted our first dance to be split at a certain time which we provides, he forgot to do this. But he did keep a written list of songs in chronological order like I requested!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Black Tie Entertainment has exceptional services, and I would highly recommend them to anyone! For our wedding, we particularly worked with Bill and Jim. Both gentlemen are very personable, professional, and it is obvious that they take pride in what they do! Bill is very accommodating, and will do anything to meet your individual style/needs! Jim was our actual DJ at the wedding, and we couldn't have been happier! He took the time to meet with us in advance to make sure he knew what types of music we liked, what we didn't like, how to pronounce our bridal party names, and got details on how we would like our night to go. Throughout the night, he ensured that all of our needs were met, knew exactly how to keep the crowd going, and most importantly had fun with it! We also used their uplighting services which we absolutely loved! It helped create even more of an elegant look! Guests are still raving about Black Tie Entertainment! Thank you Bill and Jim for being a part of our special day! Ryan and Alicia O'Rourke

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
Alicia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bill was so helpful with the planning. The reception music was great ,everyone was on the dance floor. We had up lighting tht changed colors and it was beautiful.

Black Tie Entertainment - DJ, Photo Booth, Uplighting, Video responded with the following comments:

It was a pleasure to work your event. Thank you so very much for the kind words. -DJ Jason

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My sister and I both hired Black Tie Entertainment as our wedding DJ and we loved the service and music on both occasions. We both requested Bill as our DJ and he is truly the best DJ in the area. Not only is he the nicest guy, he has a unique ability to read a crowd to know what music he should play to keep a party going.

Bill was in constant communication with us before the wedding and during the wedding to make sure we were happy and enjoying the music.

Even though we had very different needs and wedding styles, Bill seamlessly catered to our individual musical tastes and the tastes of our guests. We both had many guests comment on how great our DJ was and how great the music was to keep people on the dance floor.

We both wanted our parties to be fun and classy, and we feel that we achieved this with Bill’s help. Thanks Bill!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bill and Phil were great to work with as we planned our wedding. Music was VERY important to my family. We had 2 separate meetings with Phil and Bill to discuss the style of music that we wanted. We had very specific music we wanted played. We had a group that we knew would want to spend the night on the dance floor and music we thought we make sure that this happened. Phil was great about playing all the music we wanted and adding in music that he felt would go with the style we wanted. I spent most of the evening on the dance floor and had an amazing time. Phil was great with requests, checking in with me about requests that went against the parameters we gave him (no Club music :) or anything cheese-y or "bad"). Overall it was everything we wanted! And we are picky, so that is saying a lot!!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
315-492-7985
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards