Black Swan Country Club

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We just had our wedding at Black Swan 2 days ago, and I could not wait to write a review because we are just so pleased with how everything turned out. We worked with Caryl as our wedding coordinator, and from the very beginning she was so incredibly helpful, responsive, and patient as we figured out the details of the day. She would respond to emails almost instantaneously, and would never act annoyed at even the silliest question. The day of the reception, everything literally went off without a hitch. Caryl was there to greet us and our guests, and would help in even the smallest ways as carrying my bouquet or my drink. The room looked absolutely gorgeous, and I cannot rave enough about the wait staff. We were hoping for dinner to go as fast as possible so we could utilize as much time on the dance floor as possible, which is no easy task with 230 guests (and, not to mention, another wedding going on in the other ballroom)! But they were a well oiled machine, and served each course and cleared away the tables at impressive speed. Many of my guests commented to me that they noticed the same. They would also always come up to my husband and I to ask if we needed a drink or anything at all. Something that we were a little apprehensive about was the fact that there was another reception in the other ballroom at basically the same time as ours. I am not exaggerating when I say that I did not even notice that there was another reception going on, and in fact forgot that there was until the next day. It was incredible! At the end of the night, Caryl and her team had packed up all of our centerpieces and other decorations, so we did not have to spend much time at all getting out of there and back to the hotel with our guests. I cannot say enough great things about Black Swan and their team there. Our wedding was more amazing than we ever could have imagined. Thank you!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our families are from PA and Maine, so we picked a spot in the middle. Caryl was fantastic! There was nothing she couldn't do for us. Even with us living in Pa, it was so easy to plan this wedding! The ceremony & reception were absolutely perfect! We couldn't have asked for a better day!!! Caryl paid so much attention to little details & went above & beyond to make our day magical.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I can't thank the staff, especially Caryl, at the BSCC enough for making our July 2015 wedding day perfect. From day one Caryl was responsive and on task with helping answer my random thoughts that would pop up. She had wonderful suggestions for us and the day of she and her team truly transformed the Essex Ballroom into my dream wedding (even better than I imagined). The BSCC food is incredible, our guests are still talking about how they have never tasted better wedding food (we had the filet and harvest chicken). Caryl was very organized and made the night run as smooth as can be without missing a beat. The outside venue is beautiful and the recently renovated ballrooms are classy and sleek. BSCC was very affordable, yet our night looked and tasted like a million bucks!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Kara
07/11/2015

There are not enough positive words describe our experience with The Black Swan. Carly was our wedding coordinator for our reception on July 11, 2915. She was like my fairy godmother. She was available with every question or concern I had leading up to the wedding and throughout our entire reception! Our party was perfect! Literally flawless! We used the Essex room for cocktail hour and the Andover room for dinner and dancing. Our guests were blown away by the venue- outside appearance, land scape, grounds, ball rooms, food, and staff. We continue to receive compliments on how fabulous our wedding was and how beautiful the Black Swan is. The rooms are large and the dance floor is roomy (my two biggest petpeves at wedding venues)! It is the most magical place to celebrate your wedding! HIGHLY recommended!, 10 stars!! We love Caryl!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception here at Black Swan Country Club this past Saturday night 6/27/15. I cannot even begin to describe how perfect the whole night was. We had our ceremony in the Essex room (the smaller of the two rooms) and our reception in the Andover room. Being the control freak that I am, I was having a hard time letting go and letting the venue do all the setting up and decorating, but it turned out to be a million times better than I ever imagined. The team did an amazing job of transforming my ideas. I brought all of the decorations there on Thursday night with detailed instructions and pictures and it came out perfect!! I worked with Caryl for the whole planning process and she is outstanding!! She understood exactly what I had pictured in my head and followed through. She was always there to answer any emails, phone calls, etc almost immediately. We had the rehearsal dinner at Holloway's on Thursday night and everyone raved about how great the food was. We had a big wedding party so it got a little rowdy but we all had a great time.

Black Swan and all their staff were so wonderful to me and my now husband. We are so pleased with the whole staff. The food is exceptional, the service staff is friendly and very on point, and the atmosphere is breathtaking (especially the waterfall and fire pits outside). I couldn't have asked for a better experience and a better wedding. Thank you Caryl and to all the staff at Black Swan Country Club!!!! You have made our wedding unforgettable!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

The Black Swan Country Club is a fantastic venue, with amazing people, great food, fabulous views, and beautiful rooms. My husband and I were under a bit of time crunch due to a sickness in the family and after our first conversation with Tiffini at Black Swan we KNEW this was the place for our wedding. Tiffini was an absolutely incredible planner and helped us with every detail and advised us on outside vendors, too. We cannot speak highly enough about our experience here and with Tiffini. When I arrived at the Black Swan the day of the wedding, I was simply blown away by how beautiful everything was and how perfectly the staff pulled together my vision. Following the ceremony, the staff served the bridal party cocktails and appetizers out on the golf course as we took our portraits -- what a fabulous way for us to enjoy the food and drinks! Given the time crunch, we had to have the ceremony and the reception in the same room -- at first I was a bit nervous about this and about the switch around in setup. But, I have to say, it was beautiful and perfect and it worked out SO well. The staff handled this with professionalism and was so quick I couldn't believe it. The entire reception went smoothly and the staff, and Tiffini especially, were so helpful and attentive to our needs and timeline. I will definitely be working with the Black Swan again -- I wish I could have the whole day over again!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was this past weekend at Black Swan and everything was perfect from the food to the customer service! I didn’t have to worry about a single thing because I was so confident in all of the staff during the entire process leading up to my wedding. When I finally saw the venue put all together the day of, I couldn’t believe how amazing everything looked, the staff truly went above and beyond!! Not only is the actual venue gorgeous inside and out, but the staff were so organized and detail oriented, I felt like a princess. The food was out of this world. Every guest came up to me complimenting me about the food that they even ate the dinners of last minute guests that didn’t attend, because it was just that good!! There are not enough words to express how phenomenal this venue is, I am so happy that I chose to have my wedding here!!

Recently Married

What more can you say? The food, the look, and the staff were all perfect. Tiffany was amazing from beginning to end!! I would highly recommend them!

Recently Married

Black Swan Country Club was a wonderful wedding reception venue. The Andover room looked fantastic and the views overlooking the golf course were beautiful. Most importantly, the food was incredible - Surf & Turf and Chicken Piccata. The chicken was amazingly tender. Our guests were very impressed with the quality of the food. Our wedding coordinator, Caryl Nansel, was awesome! Caryl made it possible for us to stay within budget with her excellent suggestions and recommendations. She was very attentive and responsive, answering all of our questions. We are so happy that we chose Black Swan Country Club for our wedding reception!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently held our wedding and rehearsal dinner at the Black Swan. The venue is definitely one of the best in the area. They were attentive and responsive to everything I needed. All emails and questions were answered promptly and with enthusiasm. The new look of the club, the grounds, and all the details there are the perfect backdrop for a wedding in any season. And I have to mention the food! Everyone at the rehearsal and at the wedding have complimented the food. Everything was delicious and we all know that's 90% of what makes guests happy!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I just had my wedding at the Black Swan this past weekend, and it was amazing. From the beginning of the process to the end everyone was so wonderful. Tiffini our wedding coordinator was fabulous!! She was so helpful, and was always quick to respond to any question or email. The day of the wedding, everything was set up just as I imagined, the newly renovated room was great!! I had a large wedding, but it fit all the guest perfectly. Everyone loved the food!! All in all this is a fabulous place to have a wedding. I highly recommend it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Black Swan Country Club is the perfect wedding reception venue. Our coordinator, Caryl Nansel, was fabulous. She was very patient, had a lot of great ideas, and answered all of our questions almost immediately. The food was fantastic, we've heard many great comments from our guests. We chose Chicken Pomme and the Prime Rib as entree options and they were both outstanding. The Essex Room is really nice, all the recent renovations made the room very elegant. Guests can use both a front and back balcony and the room layout is great. We had a perfect wedding reception at the Black Swan, and we cannot thank the Black Swan and Caryl enough.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the most amazing wedding. Everyone at Black Swan was so helpful. Everything ran so smoothly. Caryl is amazing. I didn't have to worry about anything. Caryl and her team took care of everything. The food was delicious. Guests keep telling me it was one of the best weddings they have ever been too. They raved about the food. The room was absolutely gorgeous with all the renovations they did. Everything was perfect. My mom's phone died and she had the video of how to bustle my dress and they ran and got a charger for her. I couldn't of asked for a better night. Thank you so much.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can honestly say that my wedding day was absolutely amazing! All the members of The Black Swan were very friendly, and made sure that all my needs were met. My guests could not stop raving about how delicious the food was (salmon and chicken saltimbocca) the appetizers were delicious and the sangria was a hit! I initially worked with Donna and then got assigned Caryl and they are both very pleasant and really understand what they are doing. I would recommend this venue to everyone! Great value, recently renovated, great costumer service and a perfect place to celebrate one of the most important days of your life.

Recently Married

I cannot say enough about Tiffini and everyone at the Black Swan! They made our wedding day so amazing and so memorable that all of our guest are still talking about how fun our wedding was...plus the food is incredible. I highly recommend the Black Swan Country Club for your wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my wedding at the Black Swan in August. From the beginning, our wedding coordinator Tiffini was amazing! She literally was by my side the entire time with any decision I had to make, which made me feel really comfortable. The grounds are beautiful, which makes for amazing pictures. All of the guests raved about how good the food was and I agree 100%. Even though we were busy taking pictures, they made sure me and the entire wedding party didn't miss out on the amazing cocktail hour appetizers. I would absolutely recommend the Black Swan to anyone looking for an amazing, and affordable venue!