Ben Sherman Classical Guitar

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Ben played the guitar during the cocktail hour of my daughter's wedding. From my point of initial contact and throughout the planning process, Ben was extremely responsive. He initiated contact with me a month or so prior to the wedding to check in and inquire more specifically about the music we would like to hear. He played a wonderful mix of classical, pop classics and also some of today's popular music. He brought speakers, so the music was loud enough to be heard but never overbearing--perfect for conversation. We had a DJ for the reception, so we were looking for something a little different to kick off the party. Ben is quite talented, and he added a very elegant and classy touch to the reception. Our guests loved his music. I highly recommend Ben if you would like to add a special touch to your wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben Sherman and my father have known each other for many years, so asking him to perform classical guitar during our ceremony and cocktail hour was a no-brainer. Ben went above and beyond to make our day exactly how we wanted it. His website provides clips of several of his songs, and he was very responsive via email. In fact, he reached out to me several times leading up to the wedding to make sure everything was as I wanted it.

Although my husband and I sadly didn't get to hear much of the music before the ceremony and during cocktail hour, all of our guests kept coming up to my parents and asking who he was, complimenting Ben's talent. His mix of older and newer songs during cocktail hour was perfect for our range of guests' ages.

I cannot say enough good things about Ben Sherman. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very affordable and the quality of music you get for the money is fantastic.

Recently Married

Ben did an amazing job!! He offered a variety of selections and was willing to learn selections for our Ceremony. Great communication with us throughout the process! Terrific music before and after the Ceremony as well!! 5+++ stars!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben was so great! He's very responsive and easy to work with. What I loved most was all his samples on his website, so I could hear every song and put together a "play list" of all his songs. He also asked about attire and themes and what not in order to match. Ben was a cake contribution to our ceremony!

Recently Married

Ben played music at my ceremony and cocktail hour. He was very responsive to all emails and questions. His music was absolutely beautiful and he helped make our night very special.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben played guitar for our ceremony and during our cocktail hour, he is wonderful! He is extremely professional, he sent me a questionnaire to fill out about the logistics of my ceremony so he would know what all would go down. He was more prepared for the ceremony then I was! I chose two songs for him to play, a processional and a recessional song, and then told him to select whatever else would compliment those songs for ceremony prelude music. For the cocktail hour, he mixed it up with some more contemporary music. He will apparently learn a song just for your day if you have a special song in mind, but I didn't ask for that. I, sadly, didn't get to enjoy his music during the cocktail hour as we were busy with photos but all of my guests said that he was wonderful. I especially need to applaud him, as I had a 1:00 pm ceremony and an outdoor cocktail hour on a VERY hot and humid July afternoon, but that didn't seem to bother him at all. I would recommend Ben to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben provided the music for our outdoor wedding ceremony as well as provided music prior to the ceremony as guests were arriving. The music Ben played was beautiful and helped set the perfect mood. Additionally, Ben was a pleasure to work with. He was very responsive to emails leading up to the wedding and had no problems executing the song requests we had. If you are considering hiring a classical guitarist for your wedding, we would definitely recommend Ben.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

My only regret is that I didn't get to hear more of Ben Sherman's music myself! He is great to work with - very responsive, friendly and helpful. When I heard my processional song start, I started to cry! He learned the song we wanted to recess to and it was amazing. I was so excited when we got to walk back up the aisle to "Home" on acoustic guitar. Sounded amazing! He played for cocktail hour as well and everyone thought it was great. Thank you, Ben!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Benjamin played the music for my wedding ceremony. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful of a musician he is.

First of all, my wedding ceremony was outside and the guitar sounded perfect for the event. My family and friends (all guests at the wedding) absolutely loved the music. Benjamin not only performed 100% but even allowed me to make a special request for my bridal procession. A favorite childhood song from a favorite childhood fairy-tail was the song I wanted most to be played as I walked down the aisle, but there wasn't any guitar music for it. So he graciously came up with the music for me and played it during my processional. That really made my wedding day special.

Benjamin is professional and can be easily contacted by phone, e-mail and in person if needed. He performs 100% and with such grace. I am glad I chose him to play the music at my wedding ceremony and I would recommend you do the same.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

The music he provided for our wedding was great. It was beautiful and our friends had fun trying to guess the songs they were hearing. He even provided us an extra mic and ran it through his amp for the readers to use

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Benjamin was THE best! During the whole planning stage, he was helpful and responsive. He was accommodating with my requests and even helped me plan some things out. On the actual day, I saw him coming in during my first look pictures, so it was a relief since I knew he was there! I only really heard the song he played as I was walking in, but it contributed to the right tone for the ceremony that I wanted. I got tons of feedback on how great he was from the groom, bridal party and several guests and I cannot wait to see/hear him more on the video. Do not hesitate with Mr. Sherman. He can time the transitions and do exactly what you want. I had a great experience with him.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

We really only got to experience Ben for our ceremony even though we had him for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. That was largely due to us taking pictures during the cocktail hour. The music for our ceremony was BEAUTIFUL. Ben was so helpful and willing to work with us for our "unique" music choices. He provided plenty of samples of the music as well. So many friends and family members said when they hear him start playing "In My life" they started to cry. He was just that good. Even though we missed him for the cocktail hour, everyone raved about him. In fact, it's one of our few regrets that we didn't get to hear him play during then, but at least we heard him for our ceremony.

Also, getting him for ceremony and cocktail is an awesome idea price wise so if there are any brides out there looking to save on their budget, I would suggest going for both as the extra hour with a DJ might not provide the intimate feeling you're looking for and may also be a bit more costly.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other)
1 Review
Recently Married

Ben was fantastic to work with. He's very professional and flexible. He responds quickly to emails and offers suggestions and ideas about music selections. We were so happy to have him play special songs at our ceremony. He arrived on time and was very pleasant and clearly loves playing music. He's detail oriented in regards to the timeline of the ceremony, having cues, etc. I highly recommend him!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

My wife and I hired Ben to play for our tenth anniversary on Nov. 30th. He played classical for our ceremony and solo acoustic for our reception. Although we had minimal contact and no rehearsal or walk through he totally knocked it out of the park. The compliments from everyone were effusive and too numerous to count. We can't recommend him highly enough and we couldn't be happier with his performance.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, Entertainer

Ben Sherman did an excellent job as a classical acoustic guitarist for our wedding. He played prior to our ceremony, for our processional and recessional, and then during cocktail hour. His communication leading up to the big day was amazing - exactly what I hoped all my wedding vendors would be like, and he was very thorough with his questions and the details. This helped assure me that everything would be exactly as we would like it to be. I received many compliments that his music was a perfect fit for our venue and we were very impressed overall. Thank you Ben!

Chelsea
10/19/2013

I contacted Ben a few months before my wedding after my friend and her husband were unable to perform and I am so glad I did! He was so helpful and responsive. He helped me choose music that would work well with my wedding and even played extra music during our tea ceremony during our wedding. His amazing talent helped set an elegant and romantic mood for the wedding. It set the tone for the rest of the night. I am so happy I was able to work with Ben and he helped make my ceremony magical. Walking down the aisle to his gorgeous songs made me feel like a true bride. He helped make my wedding a day I will never forget. I highly recommend having him play at your wedding ceremony!