Ben Sherman Classical Guitar

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Ben played for our outdoor wedding ceremony and the music was absolutely beautiful. I really enjoyed working with Ben prior to the wedding as he was very responsive, professional, insightful, and provided great recommendations for music selections. Ben was also quite flexible with non-traditional aspects of our ceremony and our special requests. We were truly delighted and grateful that Ben could play for our wedding and highly recommend him.

Recently Married

Mr. Sherman was a pleasure to work with and he played beautifully. Many guests told me how much they enjoyed his performance. He even learned a special song for us and played it twice throughout the evening for us.

Recently Married

Ben did a wonderful job playing for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Highly recommend!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben was simply amazing! He was so helpful with choosing the perfect music for our ceremony. He was always available for questions, and responded so quickly to emails. His amazing talent added the perfect touch to our big day. I would highly recommend him for any event. Ben is a top notch, professional musician!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben Sherman was a fantastic choice for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. He has a great repertoire of songs from the more church-y traditional to classical to classic rock. He was very responsive to all emails and had a helpful form for us to fill out in advance so he knew all of the details about the flow of the ceremony. He also offers to learn special song requests if you give him enough notice. He played the musical interlude at the end of Layla before I walked down the aisle and it was beautiful and exactly what I always pictured and I couldn't help crying. Had to compose myself before walking down!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Mr. Sherman is simply the best guitar player in the region. His performance was so flawless that when I asked SEVERAL people what they thought of him, they replied that they hadn't even known it was a musician - they all thought it was a record! Not only is he technically gifted, he puts so much heart into his performance. His rendition of Train's "Marry Me" was every bit as soulful as the original, if not more so. No words can adequately describe what an amazing musician Mr. Sherman is.

Furthermore, Mr. Sherman was very prompt and professional, arriving almost exactly when he said he would, and quickly setting up. He was a pleasure to do business with.

My wife and I highly recommend him to any couple interested in classical guitar for their wedding!

Darcie
11/08/2014

We hired Ben to perform both during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. From our initial contact with Ben, he was very responsive, professional, and helpful, providing us with guidance and suggestions for the music choices. He was also willing to learn additional songs that we were interested in having as part of the ceremony. As the wedding approached, Ben followed up with us to confirm all the final details well ahead of time. On the day of the wedding, everything ran beautifully. Our guests really enjoyed the ceremony music, and the music during the cocktail hour provided just the right background. Ben was friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and easy to work with, and we would recommend him to anyone considering hiring a guitarist for a special event.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben played the guitar during the cocktail hour of my daughter's wedding. From my point of initial contact and throughout the planning process, Ben was extremely responsive. He initiated contact with me a month or so prior to the wedding to check in and inquire more specifically about the music we would like to hear. He played a wonderful mix of classical, pop classics and also some of today's popular music. He brought speakers, so the music was loud enough to be heard but never overbearing--perfect for conversation. We had a DJ for the reception, so we were looking for something a little different to kick off the party. Ben is quite talented, and he added a very elegant and classy touch to the reception. Our guests loved his music. I highly recommend Ben if you would like to add a special touch to your wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben Sherman and my father have known each other for many years, so asking him to perform classical guitar during our ceremony and cocktail hour was a no-brainer. Ben went above and beyond to make our day exactly how we wanted it. His website provides clips of several of his songs, and he was very responsive via email. In fact, he reached out to me several times leading up to the wedding to make sure everything was as I wanted it.

Although my husband and I sadly didn't get to hear much of the music before the ceremony and during cocktail hour, all of our guests kept coming up to my parents and asking who he was, complimenting Ben's talent. His mix of older and newer songs during cocktail hour was perfect for our range of guests' ages.

I cannot say enough good things about Ben Sherman. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very affordable and the quality of music you get for the money is fantastic.

Recently Married

Ben did an amazing job!! He offered a variety of selections and was willing to learn selections for our Ceremony. Great communication with us throughout the process! Terrific music before and after the Ceremony as well!! 5+++ stars!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben was so great! He's very responsive and easy to work with. What I loved most was all his samples on his website, so I could hear every song and put together a "play list" of all his songs. He also asked about attire and themes and what not in order to match. Ben was a cake contribution to our ceremony!

1+ year ago

Ben played music at my ceremony and cocktail hour. He was very responsive to all emails and questions. His music was absolutely beautiful and he helped make our night very special.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben played guitar for our ceremony and during our cocktail hour, he is wonderful! He is extremely professional, he sent me a questionnaire to fill out about the logistics of my ceremony so he would know what all would go down. He was more prepared for the ceremony then I was! I chose two songs for him to play, a processional and a recessional song, and then told him to select whatever else would compliment those songs for ceremony prelude music. For the cocktail hour, he mixed it up with some more contemporary music. He will apparently learn a song just for your day if you have a special song in mind, but I didn't ask for that. I, sadly, didn't get to enjoy his music during the cocktail hour as we were busy with photos but all of my guests said that he was wonderful. I especially need to applaud him, as I had a 1:00 pm ceremony and an outdoor cocktail hour on a VERY hot and humid July afternoon, but that didn't seem to bother him at all. I would recommend Ben to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Ben provided the music for our outdoor wedding ceremony as well as provided music prior to the ceremony as guests were arriving. The music Ben played was beautiful and helped set the perfect mood. Additionally, Ben was a pleasure to work with. He was very responsive to emails leading up to the wedding and had no problems executing the song requests we had. If you are considering hiring a classical guitarist for your wedding, we would definitely recommend Ben.

Services Used: Ceremony Music

My only regret is that I didn't get to hear more of Ben Sherman's music myself! He is great to work with - very responsive, friendly and helpful. When I heard my processional song start, I started to cry! He learned the song we wanted to recess to and it was amazing. I was so excited when we got to walk back up the aisle to "Home" on acoustic guitar. Sounded amazing! He played for cocktail hour as well and everyone thought it was great. Thank you, Ben!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

Benjamin played the music for my wedding ceremony. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful of a musician he is.

First of all, my wedding ceremony was outside and the guitar sounded perfect for the event. My family and friends (all guests at the wedding) absolutely loved the music. Benjamin not only performed 100% but even allowed me to make a special request for my bridal procession. A favorite childhood song from a favorite childhood fairy-tail was the song I wanted most to be played as I walked down the aisle, but there wasn't any guitar music for it. So he graciously came up with the music for me and played it during my processional. That really made my wedding day special.

Benjamin is professional and can be easily contacted by phone, e-mail and in person if needed. He performs 100% and with such grace. I am glad I chose him to play the music at my wedding ceremony and I would recommend you do the same.