Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad

Value
Flexibility
Debora
04/14/2015

These girls were amazing, not only flexible when we had to change our date, but a joy to work with! I looked beautiful, my hair & make up and eyelashes were
Lovely!!

Hayley
03/12/2015

I highly recommend The Glam Squad, they did my mani, pedi, hair and makeup for my Casa Marina wedding. I didn't have pictures or really any strong ideas of what I wanted, but the girls just took what I said and made me beautiful. With the occasional wedding disasters and the florist disappointing me...it was SUCH a relief that my hair and makeup was perfect and I was just as beautiful as I had imagined :-)

2.4

I wanted to write this review as I would have found it really helpful when I was researching hair folks from afar.

I booked the Beauty Boutique for my March wedding in Key West, with a trial a few days before the big day. Before we arrived in FL, they were fairly slow to respond to e-mails, but I wasn't overly concerned about it. When my trial arrived, Kandie was about 10-15 minutes late. (I had no real problem with this, but I know punctuality is big for people). The biggest issue was when I showed her a picture of the hair I wanted, which featured a braid, she said matter-of-factly "Oh, I don't do braids." and looked at me as though she expected me to change my vision to accommodate her. I ended up having to sort of coach her into how I wanted the braid done and even advise her on how to make it look fuller. Not ideal. That cost me $100.

I ended up calling the company after my trial and asking for them to send someone else instead. They agreed, which was really nice of them. The day arrived, and Kandie came back to do my mom's hair and brought Natalie with her to do mine.

Now, nothing was overly wrong with the end product--my hair ended up looking fine (not exactly what I wanted, but close enough) and my mom was happy with her blowout. However, I don't think I saw Kandie or Natalie smile ONCE when they were there. They almost seemed as though they were pissed they had to be there. There was ZERO warmth, friendliness, chatting, NOTHING. All the girls in the room and my photographer immediately commented on their demeanor as soon as they left. It was just a bummer to feel the energy in the room dragged down by their sullen attitudes on the morning of my wedding.

In the end, the job got done. But not without several roadblocks. I decidedly would not recommend them to others. I'm hoping this will be helpful to others booking from out of town.

Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad responded with the following comments:

So very sorry you felt this way!. We strive to give our best in everything we do & I as the owner am truly sorry my Glam Squad did not smile not one time!. I teach them from the moment you walk into the room from moment you walkout no matter what is going on put on that smile!. We try to make everyone look & feel their best this is why we brought in Natalie to help with your hair on day of your wedding. With a heavy heart I sincerely apologize and hope you had the wedding of your dreams !.

11/15/2014

The hair and make-up was amazing and it stayed all day. The shellac manicure was not as perfect. The team's timing was amazing. I was done early, which made everything more relaxing.

Recently Married

Me and my bridal party were fortunate enough to have the Beauty Boutique and Glam squad help us get glamorous for my wedding this past Sunday, 11/16/14 at The Audubon House. From the very beginning Kim was such a pleasure to work with. Her email responses were immediate and super pleasant. You can tell she was always smiling and sincere with her responses. On the day of the wedding the Glam Squad showed up in full force with all of their necessary tools and tables. I was extremely impressed with their efficiency! They did not mess around with setting up shop and starting the process. Efficiency and customer service are two things that I'm very particular about. Kim and her crew exceeded my expectations with both! They were just hands down amazing! I had the pleasure of having Kim do my make-up, she is the sweetest, cutest person I've ever met! She made me feel so comfortable throughout the whole process and she was always smiling. Plus she made me look gorgeous! If you read any of my other reviews you can tell that I'm a stickler for good customer service. I truly feel that being kind, sincere and efficient are the most important aspects that people in a service industry should have and Kim and her crew were all of these things X 10! Make sure you hire her!

Stephanie
06/30/2014

The glam squad is nothing short of AMAZING! Kim and her team were so very helpful and accommodating to my wedding party and me. They made us look absolutely fabulous! I can't stop
Looking at pictures from two day! Colette and Ben made me look and feel beautiful. Incredible job and I highly recommend the glam squad for any special event!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Kim and her team did an AMAZING job for me and my bridal party (which consisted of 11 bridesmaids, 3 Jr. Bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and our 2 moms). I wish we could get ready like that every day of the week.. they made us feel like the Kardashians getting ready! We all did hair/ makeup and everyone looked flawless and loved the airbrush. My friends have been in multiple weddings and to this day are still raving about how awesome / fun it was getting ready with the glam squad. With such a big bridal party, I thought it was going to be stressful getting us all out the door on time but the BB kept everyone on schedule and even came back after pictures to touch us up before the reception. Kim kept me relaxed on my big day and re did my nails and also got me ready with a spray tan / did my hair for the rehearsal diner. Her team was overly accommodating right down to the details- when my sister chipped her gel manicure she had someone come with the color and fixed it! Coming from New York city, I was a bit skeptical about finding someone to do my hair/ makeup for my big day in Key West. Kim's team was definitely beyond my expectations and I would recommend them to anyone!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)
Novamills22
06/22/2014

I cannot adequate express how impressed I was with Kim and her amazing team of hair and makeup professionals! When they showed up EARLY at my hotel, with everything one could possibly need, I was impressed but as I watched them handle all of the wedding party so gracefully and professionally from a 5 year old to an 83 year old, I was blown away. They went over and above by painting nails for the younger girls just to keep them occupied and curled hair three times just to ensure it was perfect before we went out for the ceremony and pictures. The entire Glam Squad has incredible talent and creative ideas to make any bride and bridal party feel incredibly gorgeous on that special day.

Julie
06/22/2014

Kim and her team were AMAZING! They did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup and on my wedding party and family's hair. They even hunted down my florist to get flowers for all of our hair. IT WAS AWESOME. I would have no problem recommending the Glam Squad to anyone for their special day.

4.3

Beauty Boutique did a fabulous job on my makeup for my wedding day. I would highly recommend them. The only thing that I want to note is their price for airbrush is $90. The only part of my makeup that was actually airbrushed was the foundation. For regular makeup they charge $50 (I think?). Don't go in there expecting to have your entire makeup be airbrushed. But like I said, they did a fantastic job.

Alicia
06/14/2014

Beauty Boutique and the Glam Squad were absolutely AMAZING! I had them do family/ engagement pics the year before our wedding and rehearsal dinner in addition to the wedding. I met Kim and Colette the first time. When Kim said that Stephanie was going to be doing my hair for the wedding I was bit worried just because I didn't know her. Kim came to the trial run with Colette and Stephanie. Everything went great! The day of my wedding Kim had a family wedding across the street and even called to see if everything was ok with me and if she needed to come by. Of course we didn't though cuz Colette and Stephanie were fabulous. My sisters and my mom are picky too but they loved all of them. They were fun to talk too as well!!! My two boys really liked them too! It was like you wanted them to come to the wedding too since I been talking back and forth via email throughout the whole wedding process! They listened to you and gave ideas as well. It's nerve racking choosing hair and make up but I am so glad I chose them and would recommend them to everyone. We are even thinking of going back down there for our 1 year anniversary and doing pictures and using them again!

Rachel
06/10/2014

Kim and her team are the best! They arrived in my room totally professional, super equipped and at the same time so easy and cool! It was so relaxing to spend the afternoon with them, we shared experiences, emotions, my made of honor, my Mum, my mother in law and myself enjoyed every piece of it!
Instead of stressing until the wedding started, Kim and her team unabled me to relax: hand massage, beautiful manucure, foot massage and beautiful pedicure, hair, make-up, all so nice, natural, relaxing.
The team respected all my wishes for something natural but classy for our wedding on the beach in Islamorada. Kim managed to make me cry before she left but you know what? I did what you said, I walked down and then I paused, enjoyed the moment, looked at my future husband, our eyes exchanged so much intensity, that there was nothing else around... we saw how much we were ready to spend our life tougher!
Thank you so much ladies... you are the best! Rachel

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I would highly recommend Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad to everyone! I had such a great experience with them. Kim was very responsive during the booking process and the team of ladies that came to do our hair and make-up were so nice and friendly! I am someone who always hates getting my hair and make-up professionally done because it never comes out the way I envisioned it in my head or I feel pressured to do something that I don't want to do but throughout this experience, I did not feel that way at all. I LOVED the way my hair and make-up came out. I felt completely like myself, only more beautiful. Colette and Kandie came to my room the day before my wedding to do a trial run of my hair and make-up. That was so helpful because I was able to see what it would actually look like and we were able to work together to tweak the look for my actual wedding day. It felt very comfortable to have the Glam Squad team there with all of us helping us get ready. I felt very calm, happy, and never rushed even though they kept us on time throughout the day. My hair looked great all night and my make-up felt very light on my face and lasted through the heat & humidity. I am so glad that I booked Beauty Boutique and the Glam Squad and would highly recommend them to you!

Ranee and Bobby
1+ year ago

Kim and the Glam Squad were fantastic! I first met Kim at my makeup trial. She arrived at my vacation rental with all her equipment ready to make me look beautiful. She was prepared with all the photos I emailed to her and she took time and listened to me. We tried a few looks and I never felt rushed. On wedding day she arrived with 4 ladies from the glam squad. They took minutes to set up and they were ready to begin. They had a plan and they were very efficient. All of the girls loved their looks and the glam squad had no problem with adding on a few services the day of. I would highly recommend Beauty Boutique!

1+ year ago

The Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad did the hair and makeup for my wedding. They showed up right on time and were very professional. They worked diligently to get all of the hair and makeup for about 13 people completed in time for the ceremony and made sure that each one of us was 100% happy with the services. They use high quality products and the airbrush makeup looked fabulous throughout the evening.The Glam Squad girls are great at what they do and made the day so easy and fun!!! I would highly recommend their services to anyone getting married in the Florida Keys.

Sheryl
05/16/2014

They were great. Friendly Staff, very good and Glaming all us girls! Love them would use them again or refer to friends.