Barrister Garden

Value:
(3.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having a wedding at the barrister gardens was outstanding. Food and service was perfect. The lobby and ballrooms were beautiful. I want to thank the barrister gardens for making it a perfect night that we will always remember.

• Wedding: 02/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was the maid of honor at my sisters wedding at barrister gardens. i went with her to every appointment so i have a few things to say about the place and it's staff. the office person Peggy was just great. she helped us plan every detail of how the night would go. the day of the wedding we took pics on the winding staircase which was so cool! the food was also phenomenal! joan the bathroom attendant was so nice and personal. i don't know how this place could get any negative reviews as our night went FANTASTIC! when i get married i will definitely look into barrister again for my reception.

• Wedding: 12/21/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding at Barrister Gardens 12/14/12. I first met with the owner Jimmy who is extremely personable. He worked with us to provide an exceptional price for my 500 guests. On my wedding date the hall was beautiful. The food was great. Mine and my husbands filet was cooked perfectly! The staff were so helpful. My family was so happy with the way everything turned out and so am I. Thank you Barrister Gardens!

• Wedding: 12/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

i want to thank linda and peggy and all management at the barrister gardens. i had over 500 people at my wedding. the food was delicious, and the service was the best. i also want to thank the chefs for an outstanding job.

• Wedding: 12/09/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Its been remodeled since our last time here. The manager Linda helped us emmensely from the time we walked in to book, to the second our wedding ended. The experience was perfect. Thanks Linda and ber staff for doing such a wonderful job. Not one thing went wrong.

• Wedding: 11/02/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I've never had to rent a hall before, but if I must say, I think this is how they should all treat their clients! I was treated well all through the process. I didn't like that there were two other weddings going on the same day, but I guess that's what you get when you book somewhere this large, with 4 separate rooms. The food was good for what I like to call "hall food" nothing special, but for the price, not bad! I would use them for other events.

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love this place and I recommend it to all my friends and family.

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was EXCELLENT. The flaming rib, fabulous. The sweet table, beautiful. The service was the best and everything went smooth. The place was very clean. Im planning my baby shower there for 2013.

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my reception there June 10,2012 and I would like to take the time out to express how wonderful the food,sevice and your staff were. I was afraid after reading the comments that my day would not go as planned. My guest enjoyed the food saying how awesome it tasted. The service was so professional and courtesy
through the entire affair. I can honestly say that Malik made sure everything was perfect and attentive to all our needs.If anyone is looking to use The Barristers Garden I would highly recommmend.

• Wedding: 06/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The hall was beautiful. Provided just what we needed. The guests were astonished! I recommend it to everyone!

• Wedding: 09/05/2011
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I attended a wedding at Barrister Gardens on Sat,July 23, 2011. The only thing nice I can say is the room was beautiful(Alexis). The food was horrible, the bartender was rude and made the weakest drinks ever! Not only was she rude she reminded guest of the tip jar. The servers were rude ad they quickly grab plates and glasses off the table.. The ladies bathroom was horrible. Tissue everywhere it was just nasty! For the amount money paid for this hall they should have bathroom aattendants. I mean really who wants to usr a nasty bathroom. Keep checking venues!

• Wedding: 07/23/2011
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Food at Barristers was good and the hall was nice BUT they ruined my cake that i paid $600 dollars for by wrapping it in paper napkins without my knowledge! Me nor my guest got to eat the cake! When I reached out to them they said it was my fault!! NOT TRUE Why would they wrap the cake in paper napkins and not serve it on a plate?! I paid $1000 in gratuity! The owner who was RUDE and didnt want to reimburse me for the cake so we are suing them! Also I paid for a premium bar with Absolute vodka but not sure what they gave me bc it was in a gun? Also the bartender got an attitude bc I kept asking for drinks! I asked him did he have a problem and he replied "Im just gonna keep serving until management tells me to stop" Huh... I paid till 11pm so you will pour till 11pm! Also the have new workers every few months so you always have to talk to a new person! STAY AWAY NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE!!! DONT LET THEM RUIN YOUR SPECIAL DAY!

• Wedding: 07/03/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a GREAT experience with having our reception at Barrister. Peggy was absolutely wonderful to work with, was always available to answer questions, and gave me no problem making changes. Other vendors were able to get in the room early enough to get all set up without having to rush, and had no problems. Food was excellent- everyone complimented the cheesy mashed potatoes! :) Only issue was that the air went out, for a brief time, but they were right on top of it, and got it working pretty quick.
Overall, we were very pleased with our experience at Barrister Gardens!

• Wedding: 06/25/2011
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I would not even give these people any part of a star rating. This was the most horrific experience of my life. When I had my first consultation with them everything seemed hunky dory and was great. I really liked the room and the size of the hall and what they had to offer. When my mother went to pay the deposit on the hall the women had lost my information! It should have been a red flag but I was pressed for time because my fiancé is in the Marines and is leaving for a deployment. Next the lady that was in charge of my wedding stopped working there, I never got my contract signed and was never notified about the switch. When my fiancé got new deployment papers we had to change our wedding date. The first time I called they didn't have my information and when they did find it MY WEDDING WAS FOR THE WRONG DATE!!! Next when i asked if i could move the date they said I would have to pay an additional 600 deposit because and i quote "couples who move the dates around our less likely to get married and we don't want to waste our time and money on that" Not only did she insult my relationship but barrister gardens was trying to break the law. There are laws protect soldiers and sailors out there for mistreatment due to a deployment. The women reduced me to tears and also argued with my mother. I pulled out from getting married there and I don't recommend that any one EVER have there reception there. Also they don't do food tasting, what the hell kind of reception hall doesn't let you taste what you are getting. This place is over rated, and does NOT treat there brides how they should be treated. I hope they go out of business and SOON!

• Wedding: 02/05/2011
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We bargained for a nice room and made sure we had them right the name of the room on the contract so they wouldn't change it. They were very nice to let us come in the day before to set up.

The tasting was very good but the day of our wedding our food was terrible. We had the herb roasted chicken and it was so dry and crunchy that the bones were brittle inside the chicken! As the wedding party, a waiter was suppose to give us drinks but came around only once. As far as the cake, they cut and wrap it for you. However, you have to buy stuff to wrap it in. Also, our reception ended at 6 and before the last song was over...the staff came in and started clearing out our room...including throwing away tons of our decorations! We were rushed out by 6:10 as they were setting up for the next wedding...was not a fan! Had they told us we would be so rushed out...would have started clearing out ourselves so we didn't have to lose all our stuff!

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place has the best food! And it's decor is magnificent.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago