Art of Emotion

Art of Emotion

San Francisco, CA 94103 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was so impressed by the flexibility and helpfulness of Art of Emotion. I picked them for my wedding photos because I loved the looks they get in the pictures and they did an amazing job! Their pricing was very reasonable and they were willing to work with what I wanted. On the day they were so easy to work with and made me feel very relaxed while we were taking pictures.

Becky and Josh are very professional and fun to work with, the pictures turned out amazing and I couldn't have been happier with them! The hard copies were also very nice to receive and the personalized box made it so special!

• Wedding: 07/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I researched many photographers for my wedding and ultimately decided on Art of Emotion because Becky left me with the impression that she was knowledgable and really loved photography. She was more affordable than most other photographers I met with, while still maintaining a very professional portfolio. On top of it, I really enjoyed her personality!

I asked a strict timeline of her and her daughter on the day of the wedding because I wanted to enjoy the cocktail hour. She worked diligently to meet that timeline. She also worked well with my wedding coordinators. Both her and her daughter were discreet where necessary and offered suggestions where needed. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a professional photographer!!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn’t be happier that we chose Art of Emotion to do our engagement and wedding photos. We always heard that choosing a photographer would be one of the most difficult decisions we would make in planning our wedding. It turned out to be the easiest decision. From the moment we first met with Becky and Josh, we knew it was the perfect choice. Their style of photography was unlike anything we’d ever seen or been a part of. Their years of experience shine through in every photo they take. They have a vision for beauty and were able to capture every special moment we experienced on our wedding day. Becky is so knowledgeable in the wedding field; she even helped me corset my dress! They were professional, friendly, gave clear direction, and helped us feel at ease. Now we have gorgeous, breathtaking photos to always remember our wedding day. Thank you Becky and Josh for an unforgettable experience!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Becky and her son were the nicest people and they have the most beautiful work! Every conversation with them we had and every meeting we had, they were incredibly kind, professional and had wonderful eye for beauty. We are so blissfully happy that they were able to be there for our wedding and when we received everything, we were blown away by how beautiful everything was. There was so much attention to detail, and you could see and feel the love and creativity in everything. It's true that once the wedding ceremony and reception is over, you have memories of course, but it's the photography that lasts, and the Art of Emotion perfectly captured every big and small moment.

If you have a wedding or an event in the bay area, I would suggest calling Becky first and forget any other vendor.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing Art of Emotion was the easiest decision I made for our entire wedding. The aesthetic, uniqueness, professionalism and pricing was everything I was looking for. As soon as I met Becky and saw her other work, we were done. And people are still commenting on how incredible our wedding pictures are. They really captured the essence of who we are and what the event was like. I couldn't recommend Art of Emotion more!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Art of Emotion be our wedding photographers. Working with Becky was such a breeze. She was informative, kind, honest, and had many great practical suggestions for photos, as well as for the wedding day schedule. She always got back to me if I had questions. 5 stars for booking, follow up, and for Becky being Becky.

Come the day of the wedding, Becky and Josh were on time, and incredibly patient when I was running late from hair and makeup. We took our family and bridal party photos in such an organized and fast manner. Both of us felt so comfortable when we had our “alone” pics as husband and wife. We are not the PDA type, but with Becky and Josh we both felt so comfortable!!! (If you can, you should book an engagement session with Becky too. It helped relax us for the big day and also gave us a chance to get to know her a little better.) Reception photos came and went, and I never even noticed them snapping away! 5 stars for professionalism

Ok now to the most important… The photos are AMAZING-PERFECTION!!! I can literally re-live my wedding day from start to finish just by looking at these images. There are no gaps, and every image is polished, timeless and captures the specialness of that day. The name Art of Emotion is 100% perfect for the type of work they do. I know because each time I look at the photos I feel bipolar… I’m either happy crying, laughing hysterically, reminiscing, smiling… you name it! All because these pictures are just phenomenal!! Art of Emotion is worth every cent and then some (which btw is incredibly reasonable for the quality of work they produce).

So hands down, I have nothing negative to say about my experience with Art of Emotion. Not one thing. Thank you Becky and Josh for allowing my husband and I to re-live one of the best days of our lives forever… moment by moment!!! We are truly thankful to have had you both there to capture it all!

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I weren't sure where we wanted to take our pictures, but Becky had some great ideas and that took some of the load off my shoulders. Becky and Josh were very professional and made the day go by smooth. The pictures came out great, as I look back on them it's as if I'm reliving the wedding all over again. Couldn't have asked for better pictures. Thank you Becky & Josh.

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The day of our wedding seemed to fly by so it is great we had Becky and Josh there to capture the moments. They captured the day perfectly and we were impressed by the amount of detail in the each of the photos. They have an eye for artistic photos and an attention to detail. Many of the pictures they took bring back emotions my wife and I would like to remember for a lifetime. We recommend them to anyone and are happy we chose Art of Emotion to photograph our wedding day.

• Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Photography was a key decision when planning our wedding, and my husband and I are beyond pleased with the decision we made choosing Art of Emotion. Our pictures turned out beautiful and every moment of our special day was captured.

Becky and Josh were both professional and personal. They captured every detail--from the lace on the dress to the cake and scenery at our reception. Becky was in-tune with what we felt was important--she helped us design a schedule for the day and made sure she knew what we wanted. Her passion for feeling and emotion are evident in our pictures--she captured every fleeting smile and stolen kiss.

Choosing Becky was one of our best wedding decisions and we get to enjoy our pictures for the rest of our lives.

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had the most amazing wedding and are excited because we have every moment captured thanks to Becky and Josh! You can really see Becky's passion for photography through her work and everyone who has seen our pictures has loved them. She made us look like movie stars! Becky is very knowledgable about weddings and knows that every little detail is important. She even fixed a problem with my dress I didn't know I had! The only thing I would have done differently is to have had them stay longer!

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
Profile Picture
Melanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Photographer was the first one and also the one we reviewed the most while selecting the vendors for our wedding, since photo is the only image that last after the day. Becky is definitely reliable, well-experienced and professional to work with that left no worries for us on the details, logistics, communications, leadtime as well as deliverables with high quality. Wedding planning became better with her suggestions.

Beyond professionalism, Becky has a unique approach to the photos she takes that my husband and I feel “click” with, and couldn’t stop thinking how the photos would look like if we’re the one in them. When we received our photos, no matter for e-session or wedding, not only they’re stunning, unique, appealing, but personal and touching. We can feel the stories and the emotions in our photos, and this is exactly what we’re looking for.

We love our photos so much that we plan to make some of them into fine art prints and hang on walls. Becky and AOE is definitely the photographer we recommend to our friends and families.

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They say if you're lucky, you only get married once, and if that is the case, you also only get once to capture that day in photos. I cannot tell you enough how happy my husband and I are that we decided to go with Becky Burgin and the Art of Emotion for our wedding day. From the first email, Becky was quick to respond, helpful, friendly, personable and professional. At our first meeting, she brought up so many points that I would've never thought of on my own and even made a timeline for how our wedding should go so she and Josh could get the best pictures possible. I knew right then and there that she was the only photographer I wanted for my big day. On the day of, she was so professional, kind, and even helped out with my pesky train that just wouldn't seem to stay up! Haha!
Her work is beyond amazing! Every picture looks like something out of a bridal magazine. She truly does showcase the life/emotions of that day in all of her photos. My husband and I had decided not to get a videographer, something others thought was necessary, but after we saw all of our pictures, we knew we had done the right thing in spending more on our pictures. Through our photos you can see how the whole day progressed, from getting ready to tearful, tender dances, to the partying on the dance floor. Becky is a true professional who takes pride in her work and it truly is a rare art. I love the way she plays with light and angles and her photojournalistic approach. It's been 4 months now and I still look at our pictures every single day because it just transports me back to that perfect day. I wish I had the wall space to frame them all :) That's what a good photographer can do for you! Make the right choice! You only get to do it once!

• Wedding: 02/24/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were thrilled with the service we received from Art of Emotion! Becky was an absolute joy to work with! She went above and beyond on our wedding day. Our pictures are stunning!
- Joy M.

• Wedding: 10/25/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were thrilled with Becky and the Art of Emotion. Our pictures are unique, beautiful, and just what we were looking for. Also, Becky was so organized, punctual, and detail oriented. When planning a wedding it's invaluable to have a vendor that takes so much on and is so reliable. Becky is on task and executes her job perfectly. Also, the boys really enjoyed working with Josh before the wedding.
I was lucky and liked all my vendors, but the one area where Becky really stood out was the follow-up. After the wedding I haven't had any contact with anyone else we hired, but Becky checks in regularly to see what we need and make sure we are still happy with our product!
Thanks!

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Art of Emotion is a joy to work with. From the moment we met Becky we knew we wanted to work with her. She has a warm personality and is helpful in ways that go far beyond what one might expect. She helped plan our time line and even provided recommendations for some last minute wedding gown alterations. Becky also always replied very quickly to all of our emails and had very positive suggestions and ideas that helped us plan the entire day.

She's not only talented, but she clearly loves being part of the wedding process. She was undoubtedly our most helpful vendor from start to finish. We loved working with Becky on the wedding day and she put us at ease the entire time. We never felt rushed or awkward and we absolutely love how our pictures turned out. We cannot stop looking at them and we have had the prints for over a month!

So, if you are looking for the absolute best wedding photographer in Northern California, then look no further! The Art of Emotion is the photographer for you!

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

With so many great photographers in the bay area, choosing one was very difficult. We interviewed many others before meeting Becky and although they were nice and professional when we met Becky, we both know that she was the one.
During our first meeting it was apparent that she was passionate about wedding photography and excited about potentially being a part of our day. On the wedding day, she and her son Josh showed up on time and thoroughly prepared. She even noticed that my wedding dress was too long in the front and helped prepare a quick fix! Between their skill and relaxed demeanor our wedding day was a great success!

After receiving our photos both my husband and I were so pleased to view all the brilliant work from that day. The emotion and love has been captured forever.

Thank you Becky and Josh!

• Wedding: 06/12/2011
831-688-2428
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards