AMP DJ Services, Event Lighting, Photo Booths, & Drapery

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I know my dad wanted the day to be perfect and may have given Ken a lot of directives that day. Ken was easy going with all that my father may have told him. I also was so impressed by the way Ken approached the confusion of your official end time. He was so professional and handled it with grace. I appreciated how organized he was when the event started, specifically how he were careful to line up everyone so well for the introductions, waiting for my sister's kids and the rest of the party to show up before he introduced everyone. I also heard that he screened a request from one of my guests, and in turn gave that guest an alternative option by the same artist but that was a bit better for our crowd. That shows me such care and understanding of his audience and I greatly appreciated it. She was not bothered at all that he gently dissuaded her, and appreciated the other option. Ken is an excellent DJ and I'll send his name to anyone I can!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Ken was an amazing DJ. He was easy to work with before the wedding, and our wedding guests had nothing but positive things to say about his performance at the reception. He kept people dancing all night long and everyone had a great time!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

After performing extensive research, my husband and I chose Ken from AMP DJ Services as our wedding DJ and we could not have been happier. Working with Ken was incredible from day 1. We live quite far out in the Western suburbs but Ken insisted on driving to us for our initial consultation. At the consultation we told him our vision and negotiated on pricing. Ken wound up being the most affordable AND our favorite DJ. We booked his club lights package with a monogram for the dance floor. Our number 1 pet peeve is DJs who are constantly on the mic...and Ken agreed! As two 25 year olds getting married, we had quite a few 20 somethings on the guest list, but we still needed to make our older family members comfortable. So we told Ken we wanted a classy dinner but a hot nightclub late night. Ken was completely on board.

On the night of the wedding, Ken hit it out of the park. EVERYONE young and old raved about how awesome he was and how great the lighting looked. He got all names/scheduling correct, was on the mic only when necessary (and when he was, he was great), and had the dance floor jammed the whole night. It was a dream come true for us. We got a ton of "best wedding ever" comments and Ken was a huge part of that. Ken is a true DJ...he doesn't just put on a playlist all night. He started mixing around 10 or 10:30 and you would have thought you were in downtown nightclub. He has incredible talent.

We seriously cannot rave about Ken enough. Booking him was easily one of the top 3 decisions we made in the entire 18 month wedding process (and we had a very elaborate wedding!). We recommend him 110%.

AMP DJ Services, Event Lighting, Photo Booths, & Drapery responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the well written review! It was a pleasure working with you two throughout the process. I'm glad I was of help to you and made your day one for you and your guests to remember!

Services Used: DJ

We used AMP Dj services for our dj, lighting, draping, and the photo booth. Ken was so easy to work with and very responsive to all of our questions. The room looked amazing and the draping was a perfect extra touch to make the room even better. It was so nice to have all of these services for all one vendor and really helped on affordability. People complimented us on our music and our dance floor was never empty! Highly recommend there services.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Amp dj did an astounding job for our wedding. Very professional and creative. On time and a huge help with organizing the reception. Would recommend to anyone!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Ken was absolutely amazing to work with! From out very first meeting with him, my husband and I knew he was the one we wanted to work with. He was very professional but laid back and easy to talk to. He made the venue gorgeous with his uplighting and lighted dj booth. Ken was very attentive the entire night and made sure we were kept n the loop all night regarding the timeline and things we had to do. He kept the night rolling with great music and everyone had a blast! We would highly recommend Ken, especially for the amazing price!

Services Used: DJ

Ryan was great! He was beyond professional at our very high end reception. He knew exactly when to address the crowd. Once the dancing started Ryan made sure it didn't stop until the very end.

would recommend to everyone! He even wore a tie that matched our teal color!

Services Used: DJ

I started planning our wedding in Colorado, so finding any vendor was difficult. I was really big on reviews and their websites. AMP DJ was awesome from the first email. I went with the dj service as well as the photo booth. Ken was very professional in the emails and when we actually did meet to talk about lighting and songs and such, it was like he was in my head. He knew exactly what I wanted. His brother ran the photo booth (he was awesome) and that was a hit with the guest! The special day came and I couldn't have asked for anything else! My family and friends had a blast! My mother in-law wanted to hire him to come to Colorado. Everyone as well as I, had an AWESOME time. He even danced with us for a song, it was great! The key to getting a good vendor is to let them do their job. that's what you're hiring them for, right? Good Luck! And hire them for your event!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

I cannot say enough good things about AMP. Ken, the owner, was quick to respond to my initial email. He addressed my needs and concerns, and provided me with a very affordable quote. Their website allows you to request songs by priority, or ban certain songs should you choose! This helped cut down on a lot of the common back-and-forth with the vendor and difficulties with communication that can happen.
Our reception music was exactly what we requested, and he did a great job gauging the audience and keeping with the mood. Ours was a family affair, and he made sure everything played was appropriate for all ages. Overall, fantastic value and service. I would recommend them to anyone!

Services Used: DJ

I would recommend Amp DJ to any wedding. He was able to be at my outdoor ceremony and make it so romantic then pack all up and move to my indoor reception. They way he kept everyone on the dance floor from 8pm-12am was amazing. He knew what music to play for all the different age groups and still keep it up beat. The lighting that they did filled the room and made it so romantic. Also the photo booth was a HUGE hit my husband and I have 2 tall stacks of pictures (they're great quality). The next day 9/10 of the quest we saw said "I'm having a hard time walking from dancing last night!"
THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAKE MY WEDDONG DAY A DREAM COME TRUE!
-Alix (Bride)

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

My wife and I were referred to AMP DJ Services by a friend of ours and they were fantastic! We lived a little further away from them and Ken (Owner) and Ryan (Co-Owner) agreed to meet my wife and I about half way. We were amazed at the services they offered and the price they were offering them at. Both Ken and Ryan were extremely nice and understanding and were very interested in making the songs at our wedding what we wanted as a couple and matching our styles as opposed to just playing the traditional over-used wedding songs. My mother and I decided to do a bunch of songs mixed together for our Mother/Son dance and Ken & Ryan were more than happy to make the mix for us. Ken was also extremely patient as we tweaked and altered the song numerous times. On our wedding day we could not have been happier with how they set everything up and how well they controlled the room. Ryan was our DJ and he was fantastic! He was very energetic and upbeat and did an amazing job reading the crowd to play music that would keep everyone dancing. Our dance floor was packed from the very first song to the very last one (and Ryan even threw in an encore song at the request of our guests). My wife and I were extremely impressed with the professionalism and the experience that both Ken and Ryan brought to the table. AMP DJ Services was definitely the right choice and if we had to do it all over again we would book them without any hesitation. Thank you so much to AMP DJ Services, you definitely made our night one to remember.

Services Used: DJ

We hired AMP DJ for our wedding along with the photo booth. Ken was so helpful and quick to respond during the entire process. I asked a lot of questions, emails and calls and he was always patient in answering! It was very reassuring. During the wedding, Ken played all types of music to get the crowd going. As difficult as it was to get them to dance, Ken did an amazing job finding the right tunes =) I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Ken was our DJ and we were beyond impressed with the job he did. From when we first met him to discuss our needs/wants, to the actual wedding, he lived up to all our expectations. He is extremely professional and knows how to DJ an event and keep things moving smoothly. After the wedding we got so much positive feedback about our DJ and how he kept the dance floor moving all night with good music. That was one thing that was important to us and he delivered as promised. I truly believe a wedding DJ can make or break a reception, and I would refer him to anyone looking for a reasonably priced DJ. He also did our ceremony and made sure everything went perfect, its almost like having an extra wedding coordinator. I would highly recommend AMP DJ Services and Ken Murphy to do your event.

Services Used: DJ

We worked with Ken and he was awesome! Allow yourself plenty of time to book because he does fill up fast on dates. If you can't get on the phone to follow up or get more info for your event don't fret..Ken is always available by email. He is extremely flexible..and he is very willing to work around your wants and desires. Our wedding went very smoothly..from the ceremony to cocktail hour..to the reception..everything was done on time. Bottom line..they are the best.

Services Used: DJ

Amp DJ services DJed our labor day wedding. Ken and his team were professional, flexible and quick to respond to our every need. Before the wedding Ken drove all the way to Zion to go over every detail and check the lighting of our venue with the uplights we ordered. He was able to do a mash up for my father/ daughter dance and gave me a copy prior so we could practice. He responded so quickly to my e-mails (even on his own wedding weekend)! During our big day, we had some mishaps with the venue and Ken was so flexible and actually helped us get through our reception without anyone noticing. I would recommend Ken to anyone looking for a great DJ for any event!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Ken Murphy was our DJ and was awesome!!! Everyone had a great time.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor