AMP DJ Services, Event Lighting, Photo Booths, & Drapery

Flexibility
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Ken is a great DJ. Really organized, upbeat, and professional. He reads the crowd well,
and keeps the party hopping. Lots of compliments from our guests - of all ages.

Services Used: DJ

Ken was everything we were looking for in a wedding vendor: professional, timely, flexible, and overall easy to work with. Creating our wedding playlists using the AMP DJ Services website was a breeze and their selection was pretty large. Though we didn't need to, you can request additional songs if you can't find it in their library.

The music was great and everyone had a great time! Thanks, Ken!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We had Anthony as the DJ for our June 2015 wedding and he was more than wonderful. He called me a few days before the wedding just to check in and go over the final details of the day. Personally, I thought this was the best part of AMP's services. It's so nice to be able to talk on the phone with someone who will be playing such a large role on the wedding day. I asked a couple (more like a million) questions, and Anthony never made me feel like I was being a bother/annoying. Messages or requests can get lost or misunderstood through emails, so this simple phone call really put me at ease. The day of the wedding was seamless. Anthony and staff set up (we also used them for uplighting!) in the reception hall, outside, and for our cocktail hour all while my bridal party and I were taking photos. Honestly, I completely forgot they were even there- which is the way it SHOULD be. They "get it". Your wedding day CAN be a stressful one...but with vendors like AMP DJ Services, my day was stress-FREE. I would (and have) recommended them to family and friends!

Melanie
1 Review
06/06/2015

Ken DJ'd our wedding and he was beyond excellent! He was professional, fun, and very responsive to the event we wanted to host. He helped us put together a wonderful playlist that people are still talking about. His website is very easy, but he was also available to answer questions. Our wedding wasn't so traditional, and he was so open to our suggestions and came up with ways to make the event even better than we had hoped. Ken added to the event by picking up the spirit of the evening and adding to it by reading the crowd and responding incredibly well. He has a TON of songs and we challenged ourselved to come up with some he didn't have when we were adding to the playlist. We were quite proud of ourselves when we came up with a new one!! I can't say enough good things about how great Ken is to work with and how much he added to the evening!

Cora
05/23/2015

My husband and I were not only the first of our friends to get married but we planned our wedding from out of state so we heavily relied on reviews from various websites when choosing our vendors. Their reviews speak for themselves. They were an awesome vendor. We did one of their packages that included uplighting, DJ, and photobooth. Everything was perfect. The night went so smoothly. Ken was great and super attentive! He made sure everything was done on schedule. Our guests loved the music so much that we even tried to get him to DJ longer. The photobooth was a huge hit! The uplighting was perfect! Everything was perfect! Ken was awesome to work with. He really knows what he is doing and is very professional. I would highly recommend them and all their services.

Debra
05/02/2015

Ken gave us a great package pricing for a photobooth, uplights, and dancelights. We were very satisfied with the lights, the setup and the service. Ken was easy to work with and very accessible via email. Everything was setup and packed up on schedule. We decided on a photobooth rental was somewhat of an afterthought for our wedding, but it was popular with our guests and gave us a lot of additional photos we are happy to have. Also, our photobooth attendant, Alex was very sweet and incredibly patient with our younger guests. Very happy we found AMP DJ Services. I highly recommend them if you're in need of event services.

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I know my dad wanted the day to be perfect and may have given Ken a lot of directives that day. Ken was easy going with all that my father may have told him. I also was so impressed by the way Ken approached the confusion of your official end time. He was so professional and handled it with grace. I appreciated how organized he was when the event started, specifically how he were careful to line up everyone so well for the introductions, waiting for my sister's kids and the rest of the party to show up before he introduced everyone. I also heard that he screened a request from one of my guests, and in turn gave that guest an alternative option by the same artist but that was a bit better for our crowd. That shows me such care and understanding of his audience and I greatly appreciated it. She was not bothered at all that he gently dissuaded her, and appreciated the other option. Ken is an excellent DJ and I'll send his name to anyone I can!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Ken was an amazing DJ. He was easy to work with before the wedding, and our wedding guests had nothing but positive things to say about his performance at the reception. He kept people dancing all night long and everyone had a great time!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

After performing extensive research, my husband and I chose Ken from AMP DJ Services as our wedding DJ and we could not have been happier. Working with Ken was incredible from day 1. We live quite far out in the Western suburbs but Ken insisted on driving to us for our initial consultation. At the consultation we told him our vision and negotiated on pricing. Ken wound up being the most affordable AND our favorite DJ. We booked his club lights package with a monogram for the dance floor. Our number 1 pet peeve is DJs who are constantly on the mic...and Ken agreed! As two 25 year olds getting married, we had quite a few 20 somethings on the guest list, but we still needed to make our older family members comfortable. So we told Ken we wanted a classy dinner but a hot nightclub late night. Ken was completely on board.

On the night of the wedding, Ken hit it out of the park. EVERYONE young and old raved about how awesome he was and how great the lighting looked. He got all names/scheduling correct, was on the mic only when necessary (and when he was, he was great), and had the dance floor jammed the whole night. It was a dream come true for us. We got a ton of "best wedding ever" comments and Ken was a huge part of that. Ken is a true DJ...he doesn't just put on a playlist all night. He started mixing around 10 or 10:30 and you would have thought you were in downtown nightclub. He has incredible talent.

We seriously cannot rave about Ken enough. Booking him was easily one of the top 3 decisions we made in the entire 18 month wedding process (and we had a very elaborate wedding!). We recommend him 110%.

AMP DJ Services, Event Lighting, Photo Booths, & Drapery responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the well written review! It was a pleasure working with you two throughout the process. I'm glad I was of help to you and made your day one for you and your guests to remember!

Services Used: DJ

We used AMP Dj services for our dj, lighting, draping, and the photo booth. Ken was so easy to work with and very responsive to all of our questions. The room looked amazing and the draping was a perfect extra touch to make the room even better. It was so nice to have all of these services for all one vendor and really helped on affordability. People complimented us on our music and our dance floor was never empty! Highly recommend there services.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Amp dj did an astounding job for our wedding. Very professional and creative. On time and a huge help with organizing the reception. Would recommend to anyone!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Ken was absolutely amazing to work with! From out very first meeting with him, my husband and I knew he was the one we wanted to work with. He was very professional but laid back and easy to talk to. He made the venue gorgeous with his uplighting and lighted dj booth. Ken was very attentive the entire night and made sure we were kept n the loop all night regarding the timeline and things we had to do. He kept the night rolling with great music and everyone had a blast! We would highly recommend Ken, especially for the amazing price!

Services Used: DJ

Ryan was great! He was beyond professional at our very high end reception. He knew exactly when to address the crowd. Once the dancing started Ryan made sure it didn't stop until the very end.

would recommend to everyone! He even wore a tie that matched our teal color!

Services Used: DJ

I started planning our wedding in Colorado, so finding any vendor was difficult. I was really big on reviews and their websites. AMP DJ was awesome from the first email. I went with the dj service as well as the photo booth. Ken was very professional in the emails and when we actually did meet to talk about lighting and songs and such, it was like he was in my head. He knew exactly what I wanted. His brother ran the photo booth (he was awesome) and that was a hit with the guest! The special day came and I couldn't have asked for anything else! My family and friends had a blast! My mother in-law wanted to hire him to come to Colorado. Everyone as well as I, had an AWESOME time. He even danced with us for a song, it was great! The key to getting a good vendor is to let them do their job. that's what you're hiring them for, right? Good Luck! And hire them for your event!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Private User
Recently Married

I cannot say enough good things about AMP. Ken, the owner, was quick to respond to my initial email. He addressed my needs and concerns, and provided me with a very affordable quote. Their website allows you to request songs by priority, or ban certain songs should you choose! This helped cut down on a lot of the common back-and-forth with the vendor and difficulties with communication that can happen.
Our reception music was exactly what we requested, and he did a great job gauging the audience and keeping with the mood. Ours was a family affair, and he made sure everything played was appropriate for all ages. Overall, fantastic value and service. I would recommend them to anyone!

Services Used: DJ

I would recommend Amp DJ to any wedding. He was able to be at my outdoor ceremony and make it so romantic then pack all up and move to my indoor reception. They way he kept everyone on the dance floor from 8pm-12am was amazing. He knew what music to play for all the different age groups and still keep it up beat. The lighting that they did filled the room and made it so romantic. Also the photo booth was a HUGE hit my husband and I have 2 tall stacks of pictures (they're great quality). The next day 9/10 of the quest we saw said "I'm having a hard time walking from dancing last night!"
THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAKE MY WEDDONG DAY A DREAM COME TRUE!
-Alix (Bride)