Amanda McMahon Photography
for Modern, Fresh, and Fun people!
Annapolis, MD

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0

Private User 3 Reviews
Amanda was a wonderful photographer! We were extremely happy with our engagement photos, and having those come as part of the package meant that we were much more comfortable on our wedding day. She arrived on time ready to work, and was happy to take suggestions for pictures! She even went out and got some photos of the groom's family playing minigolf across the street. I only wish that she was a little less expensive, as we definitely stretched our budget to afford her. However, her prices are on point with other local photographers, and I appreciated that she had an honest discussion with me regarding her prices and where we could realistically save money.
Wedding: Recently Married

Molly 4 Reviews
Amanda has been absolutely wonderful! She is extremely responsive and very helpful. She came to our house to meet us and brought albums for us to look at. I sent her some random planning-related questions and she was always helpful. Online invoicing/payments make the process really easy. The day of the wedding she took control, got all the post - ceremony photos done quickly, worked well with our DJ, and was very flexible. AND the photos have been awesome! We love our engagement photos and all the wedding photos have been amazing so far! Definitely recommend Amanda!!
Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I hired Amanda McMahon Photography to do our Wedding in Sarasota Florida this past March. And she did an AMAZING job! As we knew she would from the Engagement session we had with her months before. All of our friends and family have complimented our photos, and we are in love with them! You will be SO happy you hired her for your memorable event, our photos are the best memories. She is such a sweet, kind person that once you meet her, you will feel that you've known her forever! Thank you again Amanda McMahon, you are an angel!
Wedding: 03/19/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Being a hobbyist photographer myself it was the most important detail when for our wedding. So I took a referral from a friend and met Amanda. We had to conduct business over the phone, being long distance, and I fell in love with her bright personality. And when we met the day of the wedding I was not disappointed. She kept a smile on our and our guests faces the whole day and you can see it in the photos. Our picture turned out amazing!
The service even after the wedding was so personal and professional, we couldn't have been happier.
Wedding: 07/17/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amanda is an amazing photographer and person! She is always quick to answer any questions via e-mail or phone call and is so personable!. We are so happy with our wedding pictures and our experience with Amanda throughout the planning process. Her services went above and beyond our expectations! :)
Wedding: 05/08/2010
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Kevin 1 Reviews
I would NOT recommend Amanda as your wedding photographer. Her schedule is iffy at best. We booked her 6 months before the wedding, and didn't get our engagement session until less than three months before the wedding and the pictures showed up the week of the wedding. Her prices are very unreasonable for a person of her experience. We paid her an additional $250 for an additional hour of work the night of the wedding. During this time she took very few pictures and was videotaped dancing on the dance floor. The final products were less than good quality. All of our guests were in agreement. The bride looked like a floating head and the groom was a headless body due to her over exposure of the pictures. You wouldn't be able to tell that there was not a cloud in the sky for this outdoor wedding. The sky was pure white in most of the pictures. After the wedding we did not see our products for over two months, and that was just the proofs.
Amanda McMahon Photography responded with the following comments:
Normally, I wouldn't respond to these types of things, however, I want to address Kevin's concerns posted here:

Firstly, I am sorry that you feel this way, Kevin.

- Our schedule is considered busy, yes. We do have both a personal and a professional life and it's very important to balance both. There are times during the year where we are extremely busy, but we always work very hard to schedule everything appropriately and timely.

-Normally engagement sessions do happen about 3 months before the wedding, sometimes closer and sometimes further out. It's just based on both my, and the couples' schedules. Kevin and his fiancee received their photos 1 month prior to their wedding but didn't select their 8x10's until the week of the wedding, resulting in cutting close.

-Our editing style at the time of their wedding was the same as the weddings prior to, and identical to the samples we had showed upon meeting them before booking. Recently, we have grown and changed, but at the time, our editing style was very consistent to previous events.

-Kevin received his images exactly 5 weeks after their wedding, which was 1 weeks before the max time limit we state in our contract (6 weeks for "off" month weddings-theirs was in March). Their album took 2 months because they did not get to proofing their album for several weeks once we sent them over (1 week after they selected their album images).

That's it :) We're very sorry to hear Kevin's feedback on here. We wish they would've been addressed with us prior to, but unfortunately, they were not. We hope you understand our concern in addressing this. We didn't rock his socks, and that's o.k.

Also- We like to dance, but we always have camera in hand. According to camera data, we took aprox. 150 photos in the last hour of the reception (the additional hour covered). Being out there with guests allows us to really get some great action shots, and they have a lot of fun interacting with us too!
Wedding: 03/19/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amanda is amazing! She was definitely a relieve in all the stress of wedding planning!
I left the photography department completely in her hands and she went above and beyond what I expected! She is very easy to work with and has a great personality! Can't wait to do my "trash-the-dress" session with her!
Wedding: 12/13/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amanda is a true joy to work with! From initial consultation to delivering the final product, she truly delivers the best service with true professionalism and friendliness to boot!

In my personal experience, Amanda was there from the first decisions we made about our wedding (colors, venue, etc.) and is still there, not only as a wedding professional, but as an esteemed friend. She offered hundreds of helpful suggestions without ever being overbearing, and provided constant support through the stressful periods of wedding planning.

With her experience and talent, you can be sure that your day will be captured even better than you could ever imagine.
Wedding: 11/21/2009
 888-703-4449
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire