Amanda Hopcraft- Makeup Artist

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Y'all. Stop looking for a makeup artist and hire Amanda right. now. The events leading up to my wedding were a total disaster, including a botched spray tan from a fancy spa in Ponte Vedra which I will not name here. I went to my hair/makeup trial on Friday before my rehearsal. Julia, Amanda's mother-in-law and resident hair stylist, said "honey, you know Amanda does spray tans right?" As soon as Amanda walked in, I showed her my zebra, orange, terrible spray tan. She told me, we can't let you get married like that. So, on Friday night, even though she had house guests, she came to my hotel room at 10pm after my rehearsal dinner to respray me the night before my wedding. And by the next morning, it was PERFECT.

And that isn't even talking about her main service--makeup and hair. My makeup was FLAWLESS. I was so worried leading up to my wedding that I wouldn't look like myself, but it was so perfect. Every single one of my girls looked perfect, too--not overdone at all. And Julia with hair--I had envisioned having my hair down and wavy on my wedding day. However, the weather had other plans, and I didn't want to end up with flat hair after being rained on. So we decided at the last minute that we would put it up in a hairstyle that I could take down after the ceremony, and wear it wavy. Without even a pinterest picture to look at, she put it up and it was exactly what I wanted. Not to mention--Amanda and Julia are so funny and personable and awesome to have around on your wedding weekend.

Long story short, brides--hire Amanda. Without question. She and Julia are worth every penny!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Amanda and her team are wonderful. They came to my hotel and met me the day of the wedding. Everyone keeps commenting on how great I looked on my wedding day. They were professional and their work is amazing !

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Amanda is amazing at what she does! She did such a beautiful job translating my limited description of what I was looking for, for myself and bridesmaids and made each of us look beautiful! I was so pleased with how she captured the overall look I was going for in my makeup. Additionally, she is so easy to work with and laid back - making her a great person to have around on one of the most stressful days! Do yourself a favor and hire her! She will make you look better than you can even imagine on your big day!

Private User
Recently Married

Amanda and Julie were awesome! My hair and makeup was perfect! After just meeting them, I felt that I had known them for awhile! I highly recommend them!

Madelyn
11/08/2014

Amanda did a WONDERFUL job on my makeup for my wedding. My face was flawless and so natural looking and it stayed ALL NIGHT LONG!! (total of 9 hours). Amanda was on time, brought more then enough makeup and was very fast with applying my makeup! If you are looking for a great makeup artist with an even better personality, you NEED to choose Amanda!!! :)

Kelly
11/02/2014

Amanda is amazing! We found ourselves looking for a makeup artist and hair stylist last minute for my wedding due to unforeseen circumstances. Amanda was responsive, flexible, and very professional. She was able to bring her recommended hair stylist and travel to us. In total, Amanda and her stylist had six girls to beautify and it was a job well done! Thanks Amanda!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

This is the third time I've had the pleasure of having Amanda do my makeup, and I was just as pleased this time as I was the other two. I typically wear neutral and minimal makeup, but for my wedding I wanted to go all out with a dramatic eye and heavy makeup. She did exactly what I wanted, and the results were great. She took extra time with me, ensuring that some problem areas were covered to my liking so that it wasn't seen in my photos. Amanda is always fun to have in the room with you on the wedding day - she knows how to keep the mood light and exactly what to say to calm your down when the nerves get going or the stress gets high. I highly recommend Amanda and her team for your on location wedding makeup! You will not be disappointed!

Shannon
10/19/2014

She did a fantastic job on my hair for my wedding. This was a destination "elopement." She didn't even have the chance to do a trial. I arrived the day of... She just worked her magic using a few inspiration pictures that I brought. She also went the extra mile by not only allowing me to use the spa to change into my dress, but also helping us figure out how to lace it up. Many thanks!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Jaycee did an amazing job on my hair and make up for my wedding day. She was on time, quick, and personable. When she arrived on site, she set up her make up, and we talked about what I envisioned for my hair and make up, I showed her a few pictures, and talked to her about what I specifically did not want. My make up looked very natural, and lasted from 10:30 am until I took it off at 3 am the following morning ( we partied well into the next day)! She also used my own lipstick (and eye shadow primer), so I could touch up throughout the day.I received so many compliments on my hair, and it too lasted until 3am, through multiple rounds of dancing! Communication the week of my wedding was a little hit and miss, but that may have been my email. I reached out to Amanda on Facebook, and within a few minutes, had a response!

Michelle
10/18/2014

Amanda is just a wonderful human!! I chose her services based off of her amazing reputation and great personality. She can put any bride at ease and leaves nothing to be questioned. You can put all of your trust into her services and team without worrying. She did such a wonderful job giving me exactly what I was looking for with barely any direction at all. It was a relief to have someone so capable to rely on for such an important and stressful day. I am beyond pleased with my hair and makeup experience and results.

Amy
10/18/2014

Amanda and her assistant were great! They were both really friendly and receptive to the wide array of personalities in my wedding party. Having them while we were getting ready put me at ease and most importantly they did a fantastic job! (Amanda even helped my maid of honor finish her wedding toast!)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I booked Amanda the week of my wedding due to a mishap with a prior make-up artists. I am SO glad that I did! Amanda was wonderful, and I was extremely pleased with how my make-up turned out.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Amanda and her team are phenomenal! My hairdresser cancelled on me three weeks before our wedding, and not being from St. Augustine, I was frantic. Our event coordinator highly recommended Amanda, and thankfully she accepted! She did a beautiful job on my makeup and her team was able to recreate a hairstyle I had seen in a magazine. Highly recommend!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

This was an enjoyable event... we called it "the palace of beauty". Amanda and her hair technician arrived promptly, took over my bathroom with such ease, one would think it was their shop. They worked happily and efficiently, keeping someone in the cue at all times and making all happy and beautiful. Even the flower girls got the make-over. I was impressed with their timing, good nature, capabilities and ease. Very nice.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Amanda did an amazing job on my wedding makeup. She was there 20 minutes before we had said we would start. I got a million comments on how good my makeup looked. Julia was amazing with my hair; I trusted her completely and it worked out great!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Amanda and her crew were so great! I had used Amanda for my makeup and hair for my engagement pictures and those turned out gorgeous so I trusted her completely to do whatever she wanted for the wedding. Her hair stylist, Julia, was amazing too, any picture my bridal party handed her she recreated perfectly and quickly. My hair was gorgeous, stayed in place and didn't feel like plastic! On top of their professional work, Amanda and her team were really fun to spend a large chunk of the wedding day with. I hope I find another excuse to get to use Amanda again! These ladies rock!