AJ's Hair Design and Makeup

AJ's Hair Design and Makeup

On-site hair and makeup artistry.

Portland/Vancouver, OR 97212 | map

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For my wedding, I hired AJ and Beth to do my hair and make up as well as the hair and make up of my mom and bridal party. A couple months before my wedding I met with AJ for a consultation and she is super nice. Makes you feel at ease. I liked the hairstyle she did but opted for a different look for my wedding and she was totally flexible and accoodating to what I wanted.on the wedding day, they both arrived on time and ready to go. Both very pleasant and professional ladies who gave each of us the look we wanted for the big day. My hair and make up lasted all day and night even on the dance floor! My mom and bridesmaids were very happy with the services as well. It was really nice working with these fine ladies. I highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 10/06/2014
Afshineh
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AJ did hair and makeup for me and my mother at my wedding in July 2014 on-site at a winery. She was punctual, efficient and very professional. AJ listened to all of my thoughts, comments and musings during the day of and created the most beautiful hair that was exactly what I was thinking in my head, even though I wasn't able to verbalize it very well. Not only did my hair get tons of compliments, my flawless makeup that looked like me, but with glow and glamour, was PERFECT as well.

We also went through a trial run a few months before my wedding, and I think that really gave me confidence on my wedding day. AJ was super responsive to all of my questions, and really went out of her way to accommodate my trial run so that we could coordinate with my photographer for an engagement shoot. On my wedding day, Kendal came to do a second hair style for me, and it was just fabulous as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend both of them to my girlfriends or family for their wedding or just a night out! Thank you!!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AJ was quick and did all her work expertly. I was very happy with the hair and makeup she did for me on my wedding day and my bridesmaids/mothers/grandmothers were also very happy. She brought another makeup artist with her, so AJ did everyone's hair the day-of and both my hair and makeup. The videographers & photographers asked her to do a few things for good shots and she was willing to be flexible for the sake of cinematography. I was very grateful for this! I highly recommend AJ - not only for her quality work, but also for her attentiveness in responding to my emails and communication.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Katie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AJ was so awesome and my hair looked Fabulous!!! I am 39 and have tried all my life to get hot iron curls to stay in my hair without going limp. I could Never do it!! But AJ made beautiful and SOFT curls stay in my hair the entire day! As a matter of fact, they were still there when I woke up the next morning! That is incredible, if you know what I mean. She's so great and I will absolutely refer her and hope to use AJ again!

• Wedding: 12/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A.J. is very talented and wonderful to work with. I had an idea to do an Audrey Hepburn type look and it turned out perfectly. I got so many compliments on my big day and my photographs look stunning. I would definitely recommend A.J. and her team.

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
Cassia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AJ’s Hair Design and Makeup did my bridesmaids, myself and my mothers hair and makeup for my August wedding. The run-through was in her adorable at home studio where she played around with different looks and ideas for my big day. I semi changed my mind on my hair a couple weeks before the wedding and knew that I wouldn’t have to do another run through due to how amazing she did the first time. I was blown away to say the least! My hair was intricate, beautiful and stayed in place all night! My makeup was light and airy and didn’t seem to make me look unlike myself but only brought out everything! The makeup stayed in placed through tears and a many hugs and looked amazing! I wish I could have Aj do my hair and makeup daily, she is absolutely wonderful!

• Wedding: 08/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AJ was fantastic and did an amazing job achieving the exact look I wanted! She was very professional and a joy to work with. I had an early morning wedding and she got it all done with plenty of time to spare! I would recommend her to any bride!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

AJ was great to work with. She was super fast at responding to my emails, and was very clear in price, and what it included. My hair and makeup for my wedding was absolutely fabulous. I'm so glad I went with her. Also two of my bridesmaid had their hair done, and were both impressed by her speed and execution of the styles they asked for. I would defiantly recommend AJ to anyone in the market for professional hair & makeup. Thanks AJ!!!

• Wedding: 08/18/2013
Laurel
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just got my trial done by AJ and she ended my long frustrating search for a makeup artist for my August wedding. I have a very specific vintage hair style in mind that no one does anymore. The few stylist I saw before her just weren't hitting the mark. But AJ actually nailed it and my hair looked beautiful! And the make up was wonderful! I was skeptical about the makeup because the other few trials I had were not very good and I left not feeling pretty afterwards. But AJs makeup looked great! I got compliments all night and tons of likes on Facebook! My skin looked smooth and radiant. The makeup coloring was very natural looking, not bright and gaudy, and my eyes looked dramatic and pretty. I feel confident I will look wonderful the day of my wedding. I can now relax knowing this task is checked off on my long list of wedding TO DO's.

• Wedding: 08/11/2013
Services Used: Dress & Attire
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AJ did my trial hair and makeup and she did a fabulous job! I showed her a picture of the hairstyle I wanted and she recreated it flawlessly in no time at all! I have no doubt that the whole bridal party will look amazing the day of the wedding!

• Wedding: 07/14/2013
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Kendal was my stylist. She is incredibly talented and thoughtful. I loved my hair and makeup. Services were a great value. It was a little challenging to communicate as you don't receive direct contact information for your stylist. You end up using the main phone and email for AJ and it takes a couple days to get response.

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved my makeup and hair - brought to life my wishes perfectly for both. Was very calm and mellow on a high stress day as well as professional and prompt. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a beauty and hair artist!

• Wedding: 06/23/2013
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I took my daughter for her trial run and we had a great time meeting AJ and seeing the magic she creates! She got the hairstyle my daughter wanted on the first try and the make up looked gorgeous! She even did a little trial on me to see if I could tolerate a few false eyelashes. We can hardly wait until the wedding day to see what AJ will do to make us all look lovely!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AJ did a phenomenal job on my hair and makeup - love the way it turned out for my wedding.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Angela
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the best makeup because of AJ!! Thank you!!!!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My hair was styled just as I hoped for, and then even better. AJ created a hair design for my pin-up inspired theme that was amazing. She even double checked and triple checked how everything looked after I was dressed and ready to go. I was so impressed with how well my hair and makeup turned out, that was the first time during the day that I was emotional.
I still receive compliments on how lovely I looked and I have to give some of that credit to AJ. She knows her stuff and is a pleasure to work with.

• Wedding: 03/17/2013
N
360-521-3987
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards