Adventure Aquarium Events & Catering

4.3
Flexibility
4.2
[Private]

AMAZINNGG AND BEAUTIFUL !!! The service was amazing. I want to tell you one surprise, but I don't want to give it away! Please visit and book with Stacy!

Recently Married

Food was amazing decor was amazing service was amazing but most of all the SHARK TANK was amazing. The groom and I got to go around the aquarium after hours and take pictures!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

When we first got engaged, we didn't even have to look twice to have it here. The value was great considering it is a vendor AND an aquarium. We wanted something more for our guests besides a dull ballroom; we wanted them to have something to do besides looking at a dance floor all night. Not only do you get to see fish during the cocktail hour and dinner, but you have so many places to explore; guests can see the Philadelphia skyline and have access to the top portion of the aquarium! The food was also amazing and I am not saying that because I am biased; you also do not even have to pay for a tasting, which is required at some places! The vendor coordinator also works really well for what you need as well. The whole experience here was positive in all areas and our guests left SO happy! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My groom and I set out to have a fun, unique wedding. We think we nailed that by choosing Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ. The staff was absolutely amazing from the first meeting to the very end of the night. They were prompt to answer questions as they came up. They helped make our special day more special by taking all the stress off of us. I would highly recommend the Adventure Aquarium and the staff for any event.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at the adventure aquarium in the Currents Ballroom last weekend. Everything was fantastic and everyone was talking about how unique and cool of a venue we had. The food was delicious and Stacey who coordinated everything with us did an amazing job. We received so many compliments on the food and venue. It was everything that I hoped and the staff made the day so easy. I did not have to worry about a single thing. At the end of the night, they packed everything up and put it in my in laws car without us having to direct them or worry about anything being left behind. Everything that I wanted was never a problem or questioned. I could not have asked for a better venue or staff for my wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING! I am do glad that we chose to have our wedding at the Aquarium! Stacy and the rest of the staff made my day run so smooth! I didn't have to worry about a thing! This venue is so unique and I can not thank all of you enough for all of the hard work you put in to make my day run smooth! If anyone wants to have a stress free, fun, amazing wedding, the Adventure Aquarium is the place to do it! THANK YOU SO MUCH! WE HAD AN AMAZING WEDDING!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Currents Ballroom was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. It is not your typical white, marble, and gold reception hall. Stacy made everything that I wanted for my wedding possible! They were extremely receptive and even made it possible for my Great Dane to be part of my wedding ceremony. All of my guest LOVED the location! I would recommend Currents Ballroom to anybody who wants a unique, fun wedding that your guest will be talking about for a long time!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Thank you Stacy Steffen, event coordinator, for making our wedding exactly the way we wanted it. Every little thing or change I wanted, Stacy took care of it. The food was delicious, especially the salmon and the service was exceptional. Ada and Matt, our banquet managers, worked all night to make sure everything went as we planned. They made sure bride and groom were taken care of all night. I received many compliments on the venue, food and service. There is only one thing I would recommend for future events, and that is not to place a food station during cocktail hour underneath the ramp. One of our guests layed his glass on the ledgel and it fell down into the hor' d vours table so they had to be taken away.

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning

Stacy and the Adventure Aquarium were amazing to work with. Our venue was flawless and every detail carefully taken care of. I can't thank them enough. All of our guests were thrilled with our ceremony and reception. i can't thank them enough for all of there hard work. Oh and the food is awesome!!!! Thanks again Adventure Aquarium and Thank you Stacy for making sure everything was perfect!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I met taking during our Scuba Dive certification three years ago. So, when were looking for a different location to have our wedding reception Adventure Aquarium was perfect! I can not begin to express how wonderful the staff, the service, the food, EVERYTHING was phenomenal. To give you a better idea on how people 6 months later are still talking about their experience. We recently attended a family members wedding last month and there were guest who we not invited to our wedding but commented that they heard our wedding at Adventure Aquarium was amazing. We wish we could do it all over again, that’s how much we loved our day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had chosen a very special date for our wedding... it turned out to be the day Hurricane Irene wreaked havoc on the Northeast. As you can imagine we were dealing with a fair amount of stress that day, however Adventure Aquarium went above and beyond to make sure that we still had a wonderful wedding day. The staff was very professional and made sure that despite the hurricane they were there to help us celebrate our day. Even though our reception had to be cut short, everything was perfect! All of our guests raved about the food and how amazing the venue was. Guests also told us that they were very impressed with how seamless the day went despite the fact Hurricane Irene (our unwanted guest) decided to pay us a visit.

A huge thank you to Adventure Aquarium and all of the staff that went above and beyond during the stress of a hurricane to help us have a special day. It will definitely be a day that we will never forget!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect. Even more then I expected. The service was exceptional and the food delicious!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

EXCELLENT venue & very attentive staff... (was New Jersey State Aqaurium at the time but form what I hear, weddings run simlilarly with new ownership) Beautiful location, sweepingf views of Philadelphia on Large terrace. Our wedding is talked about still... fun, fun, fun.... unique, lots of choices. We even had an educator on hand that walked around (not intrusively) to answer ANY questions guests had... we had the pet the shark tank open with a staff member. Hardly any kids at our wedding - 250 people (4 kids)... adults enjoyed more than children!
The Children's Garden is outside of Aquarium and managed by a totally different organization, but this is where we had our first part of our cocktail hour and then moved guests through a dark tunnel of sea life with bars set up in the tunnel. Check it Out!!!!

Recently Married

When my husband and I got engaged we knew exactly where we wanted to get married but feared that the Aquarium might have been out of our price range. We were pleasently suprised to learn that the Aquarium is extrememly affordable and they work with you to create the dinner that you want!

Stacy was available 24/7 to answer all of our questions, especially in the few weeks prior to the event. She communicated well with me which help when it came down to the last few days. She sent contracts on time and was very responsive and helpful.

The food was amazing. The caterer is Aramark which did make us nervous at first but the food was 5 star quality.

The only comment/complaint we had was that during the private cocktail hour for the bridal party/bride/groom we wish there would have been more food served. It was only when we saw wedding pictures did we learn that during the cocktail hour there were fruit and vegtables as well as a cheese plate. We did not receive this during our private hour.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The aquarium is absolutely beautiful. We had our wedding before their new party space (Currents) opened. We had the area around the big fish tank and outside balcony. The staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. All the guests said it was the best wedding they've ever been to!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wanted a location that both my husband and I would love. when he saw the currents ballroom he acted like a little kid and I knew it was perfect. We were quite tight with money which I was worried about but they have an option of having the wedding earlier from 11:30-4 where I could have fewer guests and customize it a bit more to fit our budget.

Through out the entire process they were very professional and the space looked amazing. I only gave it a slightly less score on responsiveness because at points we did have trouble getting in touch with the coordinator Stacey.

All in all it was an amazing wedding and in the end everything was perfect. The guest buzzed about how amazing the food was and the environment was wonderful and unique.