A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn

THE BEST TASTING CAKES!

3153 5th Avenue North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33713 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We ordered a cake originally entirely b the web as we were doing a semi- destination wedding. We went with their top awarded cake ( amaretto with raspberry filling) and were equally pleased when we did our cake tasting. That cake was excellent and we had no left- over from the reception. Additionally, we received such positive feedback from our guests who begged for seconds! This cake was also worth every penny and I found it even more competitive than Publix. We are comingg back to order another small cake eith the same flavor for the first year anniversary celebration. Totally recommend this awesome bakery. Cake was beautiful!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

"Begging for seconds"! I can just picture your guests. We are thrilled that you and your guests were pleased with the taste, quality of cake and service, as well as the cost. Our goal is to please and we are thankful we were able to please you. Congratulations and Best Wishes!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We purchased a wedding cake from them via site or taste initially unseen. However, we had the opportunity not only to visit the bakery but tried their award winning amaretto and raspberry filling cake. It was amazing and our guests agreed as well! The cake was a hit and we had NONE left. The price was well under the the estimate we received from Publix and we were so happy we went to this vendor. I recommend this bakery as the bakery of choice for your wedding cake. We will be back year 1 to get the same cake to commemorate the anniversary of the wedding.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They made my wedding cake as part of our package with Grand Plaza Hotel (venue). We went with a yellow cake with buttercream frosting, it was absolutely delicious!! We supplied them with a few different pictures for ideas as to what we wanted for our wedding cake and they created exactly what we wanted! Most weddings I've been to I have not been a big fan of the cake---and this was fresh, light and tasty! I would use them again in the future!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Alisabeth, Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon for your next cake. Remember, we do birthday, anniversary, shower, and cakes just for dessert as well as many other tasty confections. Congratulations to you and your new hubby!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cake was beautiful and delicious..Thankyou for being part of our day

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Dear Rosa, We were honored to be part of your special day! Thank you for inviting us to make your wedding cake! Bless you and Congratulations!

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cakes by Carolynn was great to work with for our destination wedding. We had cupcakes instead of a cake and they turned out great!

• Wedding: 10/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cakes by Carolynn was so great to work with! We planned our wedding from Maryland so we did everything through email and over the phone. They completely understood our vision for the wedding and grooms cake! Both cakes were delicious and the staff was so nice! I would definitely recommend Cakes by Carolynn to anyone looking for a beautiful and yummy wedding/special occasion cake!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cakes By Carolynn did an amazing job with our cake! The majority of it had to be done over the phone and email because I'm not local and they did it exactly the way I wanted. It also tasted great, which was really important to us as well. We got their signature flavor, which I hadn't expected to do until the tasting and it was delicious. I had several pictures that I sent to them that I wanted to combine with different bells and whistles and they did it perfectly! I would definitely recommend them!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Dear Nicole, Thank You for taking time to write a review and Thank You for the 5.0 score. We are happy to have made your cake exactly to your vision. . .and now you see why so many people choose the Amaretto Raspberry Swirl cake flavor. It is YUMMY! Congratulations and Blessings!

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I ordered our wedding cake from here we had a sample tasting and chose the Bavarian cream with raspberry it was delicious ,all of our guests loved the cake. The staff were so nice and made it such a pleasant experience , they were so helpful in helping us design our cake. It wasn't to expensive and for the flavors and how great the cake tasted it was definitely worth it.I would definitely recommend them and will definitely be using them for every occasion.

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

AWESOME!!! We look forward to seeing you again for your next cake. Thanks for posting such nice thoughts. We are thrilled you and your guests enjoyed your experience and your cake. Bless You!

• Wedding: 10/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cakes by Carolynn made our wedding and grooms cake last weekend. I provided them a picture of a mint green wedding cake I found online with gold details and pink roses on top, along with a baseball grooms cake. They absolutely nailed it! Both cakes were perfect! Taste was amazing very moist and we couldn't have been happier! They delivered directly to the venue. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Thank you for such a wonderful job!

Jessica,
You are so very welcome! I also loved the design you chose and the Baseball Groom's cake with the top hat was so cool. Great ideas! We appreciate you and your recommendation to other brides and grooms about Cakes by Carolynn. Thank you and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was beautiful and so delicious! Bonnie and her staff were wonderful to work with - very attentive, flexible, and easy to contact.

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Thank you, it is always our pleasure. Congratulations and we wish you a lifetime of love!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married at the Grand Plaza Resort Friday Aug 22nd 2014. Cakes by Carolyn was highly recommend by the Grand Plaza Resort. I took a picture of the cake I found on the internet that I absolutely loved. Cakes by Carolynn had no problem making the cake for us. Cakes by Carolynn recommended we spray the cake with a sugar coating. So glad I took their recommendation. The cake was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and tasted amazing. All the guest loved the cake especially my grandson who ate 4 pieces. I highly recommend Cakes by Carolynn.

Patti,
Thank heaven for Grandsons! Thank heaven for you! Congrats and best wishes.

• Wedding: 08/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ordered cupcakes at the last minute and they fulfilled the order quickly. They were phenomenal!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Carrie. We are happy we were able to help you!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was beautiful and all the guests raved about it! So good too!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Yea! We like making the couple and the guests happy - Congratulations and Best Wishes!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got married August 7th and the cake was one of the highlights from our reception. In addition to the cakes being fabulous. Ours was Raspberry Amaretto. The staff was so helpful. I live in Texas and had original contracted to have my cake down by someone else that was recommend by our wedding coordinator. However, the baker backed out a week before my wedding. I read some reviews for Cakes by Carolynn and they were all fantastic. I called and explained the situation. They told me to come in when I got in town and they would help me out. I showed up on Tuesday and they were able to have the cake done for my wedding on Thursday evening. I will definitely be here again the next time I am in Florida.

Krystal,
We are thankful we were able to supply your cake when you really needed it. We are especially thankful that your cake was "fabulous". Thanks for posting your pleasure with Cakes by Carolynn! Bless you!

• Wedding: 08/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A Special Touch was more than willing to accommodate me for my wedding cake just one day before they closed up shop for vacation. Bonnie made my process completely painless, even with the added anxiety of being from NY and never being able to do a tasting. The cake looked identical to what I asked for and we could have been happier!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words. It is our goal to make the wedding preparation "painless" and fun! Thankful for you!

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was beyond our expectations, they did an amazing job and made all transactions do smoothly. Would highly recommend!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Dear Joy, Thank you for your recommendation! It means a lot that you took time to post your satisfaction. Bless you!

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
Joy
727-327-5725
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards