A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

It has been great working with Cakes by Carolynn. They are super friendly, helpful, and professional. There work looks absolutely wonderful and I can not wait to see my cake and of course eat it as well.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Carolynn did such an amazing job on our cake, we had a three tiered cake with strawberry filing and it was to die for. Bonnie was so wonderful to work with, all we did was give her a picture and she created a more beautiful version of what we expected. We would absolutely recommend their services and can't wait to order our Anniversary cake!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Shanna, Thank you so very much. It is our desire to make you more than happy with your cake and experience with our team. We are glad you were pleased with both. Bless you and your marriage!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Carolynn did an amazing job. I had a 3 tiered naked cake with fresh berries. The cake was rasberry amaretto and butternutt. Every guest said it was the best cake they had ever had. It tasted delicious and was moist even without the outside frosting. I can't wait to order more cakes from here.

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Wow, Audrey. I appreciate your prompt review. I expect you are still on your honeymoon. It was a pleasure doing your cake and working with you. Congratulations, we wish you much happiness!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The best tasting cake in all of Florida! Bonnie was very professional to work with. She made or cake vision come to life! They were very effective with communicating even though we were hundreds of miles away!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Katie, Thank you for posting your satisfaction with your cake and Cakes by Carolynn. We often work with destination weddings and try to communicate effectively, even at a distance. Congratulations and we wish you a lifetime of happiness! Blessings!

1 Review
Recently Married

The cake was delicious and looked exactly like the picture I sent them. Everyone was very helpful and prompt getting back with me. Thank you!!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words. It is our goal to always delight every bride and groom with their wedding cake. We are thankful you were delighted with yours. Congratulations and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Jessa M
02/13/2015

From the first day I drove past this shop on my way to a Rays baseball game, I KNEW they were going to do my wedding cake (and this was before I'd even met my husband). I just had a remarkable feeling when I drove by that the place would be amazing, and years later when I went in for a tasting I got confirmation. The cakes are sinfully delicious from cake to frosting to filling, AND they are elegantly designed to the bride's choice. It is difficult to find a place where the cake actually tastes as good as it looks, and I am really picky about my desserts being a self-taught baker. There is nothing I appreciate more than a homemade cake from scratch that tastes as amazing as it looks. My husband and I were so happy with our choice that we ate the top layer instead of freezing it, just so that we would have an excuse to buy a fresh one on our anniversary! Please do not be fooled by the outside (or even inside) look of the shop. Just go in for a tasting and I promise you will not be disappointed :)

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Jessa, we appreciate you! Congratulations!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We are very happy with how our cake turned out. It not only tasted wonderful but It looked so beautiful. We had some special request for the design of the cake and they were able to replicate it perfectly. Would highly recommend!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Thank you for posting your review. We are happy we were able to replicate your special requests and make a wedding cake which pleased you. We wish you much happiness!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Carolynn is an amazing place to get your wedding cake. I purchased a white cake with icing filling and it was to die for. When I first called they were so helpful and informational. They gave me plenty of options and made sure I knew they could pretty much do anything I wanted with my wedding cake. They truly cared about the finish product. The wedding cake was truly beautiful and delicious!!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

We do care and we do appreciate you! Thank you and Congratulations!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Carolynn was so accommodating and easy to use! I sent them a picture of the cake I wanted and chose the flavors I wanted from their long list. I told them when and where I wanted it delivered and I sent them a check in the mail. After our ceremony we arrived at the restaurant and the cake was already there all set up. It was exactly how I wanted it to be and it tasted great!! I would recommend them to anyone!! :)

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Your recommendation of Cakes by Carolynn is awesome. Thank you for taking time to let other couples know of your satisfaction. We are blessed to have been able to serve you! Congratulations!

Recently Married

Yum! The cake was phenomenal! It looked so beautiful!!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

You are Awesome! Thank you for posting you pleasure with our cake. Happy New Year to you!

Recently Married

We ordered a cake originally entirely b the web as we were doing a semi- destination wedding. We went with their top awarded cake ( amaretto with raspberry filling) and were equally pleased when we did our cake tasting. That cake was excellent and we had no left- over from the reception. Additionally, we received such positive feedback from our guests who begged for seconds! This cake was also worth every penny and I found it even more competitive than Publix. We are comingg back to order another small cake eith the same flavor for the first year anniversary celebration. Totally recommend this awesome bakery. Cake was beautiful!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

"Begging for seconds"! I can just picture your guests. We are thrilled that you and your guests were pleased with the taste, quality of cake and service, as well as the cost. Our goal is to please and we are thankful we were able to please you. Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Recently Married

We purchased a wedding cake from them via site or taste initially unseen. However, we had the opportunity not only to visit the bakery but tried their award winning amaretto and raspberry filling cake. It was amazing and our guests agreed as well! The cake was a hit and we had NONE left. The price was well under the the estimate we received from Publix and we were so happy we went to this vendor. I recommend this bakery as the bakery of choice for your wedding cake. We will be back year 1 to get the same cake to commemorate the anniversary of the wedding.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They made my wedding cake as part of our package with Grand Plaza Hotel (venue). We went with a yellow cake with buttercream frosting, it was absolutely delicious!! We supplied them with a few different pictures for ideas as to what we wanted for our wedding cake and they created exactly what we wanted! Most weddings I've been to I have not been a big fan of the cake---and this was fresh, light and tasty! I would use them again in the future!

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Alisabeth, Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon for your next cake. Remember, we do birthday, anniversary, shower, and cakes just for dessert as well as many other tasty confections. Congratulations to you and your new hubby!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cake was beautiful and delicious..Thankyou for being part of our day

A Special Touch - Cakes By Carolynn responded with the following comments:

Dear Rosa, We were honored to be part of your special day! Thank you for inviting us to make your wedding cake! Bless you and Congratulations!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Carolynn was great to work with for our destination wedding. We had cupcakes instead of a cake and they turned out great!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Carolynn was so great to work with! We planned our wedding from Maryland so we did everything through email and over the phone. They completely understood our vision for the wedding and grooms cake! Both cakes were delicious and the staff was so nice! I would definitely recommend Cakes by Carolynn to anyone looking for a beautiful and yummy wedding/special occasion cake!