10 Downing at Churchill's

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Absolutely perfect rehearsal dinner for 45. Steaks were cooked to perfection as well as other dishes. Mark was amazing handling everything and so organized. Made great recommendations and gave us a night to remember. Plenty of servers and everyone professional. Awesome venue !!!! Thank you Mark for all you did. A very satisfied customer.
Karen Gaskins

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our rehearsal dinner here and Mark was truly the best! The food was great, the room was beautiful, and the service was impeccable. Everyone raved about the evening and rightfully so. The cost was also perfect and much less than we expected. All in all it was a beautiful evening and Mark was a pleasure to work with.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

10 Downing was our perfect wedding reception venue! While looking for a place in Savannah, we ran into many problems. We wanted an indoor/outdoor venue that had a charming feel to it and wasn't too crazy expensive. 10 Downing was the only venue that fit what we wanted and it was our favorite out of every place we looked! If you rent the indoor space and outdoor patio at 10 downing, you can have up to 150/160 guests! We ended up having about 130 guests and it was the absolute perfect number for the space. We filled it but weren't cramped. 10 Downing is paired to the restaurant, Churchills pub, on Bay Street so they cater the event. The food was fabulous! We chose to serve heavy hors d'oeuvres for our event because of the limited space for tables. Servers walked around all night with food for the guests along with the buffet being filled by stationary hors d'oeuvres. They even prepared us a box of food to take with us at the end of the night. The atmosphere was fantastic and the place looked perfect!

My biggest compliment for the venue is Mark Royston, the event manager. He is like a magical unicorn of planning and patience. I am a very type A person and like to know how everything is done. I am very planning oriented in my life. Mark never left me in the dark or made me feel like he didn't know what to do. In fact, he knew the ins and outs of planning for his space so well, he thought of the best solution to my problems every time. Mark is extremely nice and will meet with you any time you need. He emails back at the speed of light. Seriously. If you as the bride start flipping out and email him, he emails you back almost instantly with the perfect solution. Mark is also well connected and can suggest other great venues to use. He had worked with both our florist and cake baker in the past. Not only was he helpful all the way up to the wedding day, but on the wedding day, he was there the entire day to make sure everything went smoothly. It was perfect.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

10 Downing was the absolute perfect location for our rehearsal dinner. We had a destination wedding in Savannah in late June 2015 and wanted a rehearsal dinner venue that would be private but spacious and had amazing food to share with our out-of-town guests. Having eaten downstairs at Churchill's several times before, it was no surprise to us that 10 Downing provided everything we could have hoped for including delicious food, lovely ambience and great service. From booking time all the way down to dessert, everything was easy and enjoyable with 10 Downing and I'm so glad we chose them to be involved in such an important time in our lives!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The best part of 10 Downing as a wedding venue is not the beautiful room or the marvelous patio. It is not the delicious food or the delightful beverages. The best part is Mark. Don't get me wrong- all those other parts are important and incredible and truly made our reception great. But Mark is the best. To be blunt, he is the master of all things wedding reception and he is the reason our wedding ran so easy and pleasant. He was so good at responding quickly, throughout my wedding planning, and had great ideas on setting up and how to make the evening flow well. The reception is the best part for your guests and you want to make sure they have an amazing time- Mark can make that happen for you. We could not be happier with our choice of 10 Downing and we will be going back for some more food and drinks the next time we are in town.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mark and his staff are amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough good things about this venue. Mark was absolutely the best help a bride could have. I had a destination DIY wedding and as a result had to communicate with Mark through email. He was always responsive and so very helpful in answering all my questions (and I had a lot!). The ceremony and reception turned out beautifully and the staff was always there to help. My night was perfect and I was wanting for nothing. And the food! So very good. We had a plated dinner (Madison Menu) and it was some of the best food I've ever tasted.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked 10 Downing for our wedding reception and it was absolutely amazing! When we first began planning (we were planning the wedding from Missouri and Alabama), Mark was quick to respond to our inquiries. Once we booked, the service level did not diminish. Any questions that we had were answered quickly and it truly felt as if we were the only event he was working on. Once we arrived, the staff was flexible and attentive to us and our guests. The room is just lovely and feels very intimate; we added very minimal decorations, and the guests all commented on how pretty everything was. The room allows you to create a reception as simple or elegant as you wish. I am so pleased that we chose 10 Downing for our reception. Mark is fantastic and we can't say enough about our experience

tatems
04/09/2015

Although we didn't have an official rehearsal dinner, our entire guest list of 40 out-of-towners rocked up to Churchill's the night before our wedding for a casual mix and mingle. The bar staff were great to accommodate our request for a capped open tab for anyone with our wedding, and the outdoor patio was the perfect place to grab a drink and some light fare. Thanks Churchill's!

What an amazing venue!!

First of all, the food. THE FOOODDD!!! So good. We, my husband and I, had a taste testing in October of 2013. After that day, I would salivate when I would think of the food. And on our wedding day, Churchill's did not disappoint. My guests also could not stop talking about how wonderful the food was.

Secondly, the venue was perfect for our small wedding. We ended up having a guest list of 60 people. So the size we just right.

Finally, Mark, the general manager, and the staff were amazing. Mark was always good with keeping up communication, especially when we got closer to the date.

I highly recommend this venue for your small ceremony and rehearsal dinner. You would not be disappointed. I look forward to returning to Churchill's again in the future.

Melissa
10/18/2014

I loved my event at 10 Downing! While I didn't check every possible wedding venue in Savannah I think I can safely say you will have a hard time finding a better value for such a beautiful venue for 100 or less guests. The room is so beautiful you barely need to decorate it. Mark, the events manager is wonderful and helpful every step of the way. He recommended most of the vendors I ended up picking and once I let him know who I selected he worked directly with them to coordinate deliveries and decorating. I met with him twice before my wedding day, once while selecting my venue and once to do a tasting for the menu. He asked me questions, listened to what I wanted and made it happen. I have no doubt the wedding would have been just as beautiful even if I hadn't met with him in person. Anytime I e-mailed him with a question he responded within a couple hours. On my wedding day I didn't have to worry about a thing. When I arrived everything was set up exactly how we discussed and it all looked so beautiful. I haven't even mentioned the food. The food is incredible. The catering for the event is done through Churchill's pub and you can select from a wide variety of British or non-British menu items. Every thing I tried was absolutely delicious, plus they will set aside special plates for the bridal party so you don't have to worry about the dreaded bride and groom starving at their own wedding issue that happens at some venues. Highly recommended!

Amanda
1 Review
09/26/2014

Mark was absolutely wonderful!! answered all and any questions i had and was absolutely wonderful to work with… He made my wedding such a success! Mark and his staff are amazing…thanks to him i had the best night of my life!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This vendor was very responsive and answered my many questions. I had a signed contract with this vendor, but had to cancel due to a change in our financial circumstance. I was so upset! I was really looking forward to having my reception here.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Words can not express my gratitude for Mark and his amazing staff. He was always quick to respond to my questions, concerns, and always had a solution in mind! Our wedding was spectacular! The entire night flowed seamlessly into each hour. From the beautiful ceremony, to the cocktail hour, and then dinner and dancing. The staff made sure everyone had a great time. We had a total of 60 guest and it worked perfectly. While we removed some tables to make room for dancing, we had the guest to one side of the room for our cake cutting, and toasts. Like magic, by the time we were ready for our first dance, the area was cleared and again a seamless transition happened. I could not have asked for a better night. I had so much fun, and my guest could not stop raving about the food, drinks, and great atmosphere! Mark is truly a blessing to work with. He was the reason we chose Churchill's in the first place!! I can not wait to get the photographs back!!
If you are having a wedding in Savannah, please contact Mark. You will not regret it! It is the perfect venue for a wedding!!!! There is not one thing I would change about this night!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Churchill's Pub and Mark for making our dream wedding come to life!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's kind of hard to believe when you're reading vendor reviews when planning your wedding and someone consistently receives 5.0/5.0 stars from past clients. With 10 Downing, believe it! If we had it all to do over again, we would chose 10 Downing every time. Mark and his staff were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process; that was especially comforting to a couple who was planning their ceremony and reception from out of state. This was the first venue we looked at and we both fell in love the minute we saw the space. Mark was amazing at communicating with us and making sure all of our questions were answered. The space was just the right size and all of our guests had an amazing time. Our ceremony took place inside, with my (now) husband and I saying our vows in front of their three huge windows overlooking Bay Street. After the ceremony, everyone went outside for cocktails while Mark and his staff flipped the inside to hold the reception. It was seamless. Seriously. The food ... I cannot do it justice. Every bite we had was delicious! By the way, the past reviews are not overselling the mac-n-cheese!!! We didn't have a "traditional" wedding by any means, so this meant we also did not have a wedding cake. Instead, our guests devoured the peanut butter pie. I cannot tell you how many people commented on this and thanked us for our decision to serve something so delicious! Mark was constantly in touch and made sure our day went flawlessly; constantly reassuring a bride who was panicking about the rain (me) :) . 200% I would recommend 10 Downing to anyone looking for a ceremony/reception! I'm sad it's over and would do it all over again.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are planning having 60-70 guests this is a beautiful venue. Mark Royston is remarkable, professional, responsive & gracious. Mark was more helpful that we ever could have asked.
We ended up having 90 come to our destination wedding & lucky for us the weather cooperated. We were able to rent the beautiful roof top terrace to have our cocktail hour outside and then move inside for dinner and the out to the rooftop again for music and dancing (for those who wanted and for those who did not could stay inside and look out through the windows).
Matt the banquet manager for the evening did a superb job along with the rest of the wait staff. Our menu was the Madison Menu and was excellent. Highly recommend 10 Downing but watch your head count!! Thank You 10 Downing!

Services Used: Ceremony Music