10 Downing at Churchill's

Value
Flexibility
Melissa
10/18/2014

I loved my event at 10 Downing! While I didn't check every possible wedding venue in Savannah I think I can safely say you will have a hard time finding a better value for such a beautiful venue for 100 or less guests. The room is so beautiful you barely need to decorate it. Mark, the events manager is wonderful and helpful every step of the way. He recommended most of the vendors I ended up picking and once I let him know who I selected he worked directly with them to coordinate deliveries and decorating. I met with him twice before my wedding day, once while selecting my venue and once to do a tasting for the menu. He asked me questions, listened to what I wanted and made it happen. I have no doubt the wedding would have been just as beautiful even if I hadn't met with him in person. Anytime I e-mailed him with a question he responded within a couple hours. On my wedding day I didn't have to worry about a thing. When I arrived everything was set up exactly how we discussed and it all looked so beautiful. I haven't even mentioned the food. The food is incredible. The catering for the event is done through Churchill's pub and you can select from a wide variety of British or non-British menu items. Every thing I tried was absolutely delicious, plus they will set aside special plates for the bridal party so you don't have to worry about the dreaded bride and groom starving at their own wedding issue that happens at some venues. Highly recommended!

Amanda
1 Review
09/26/2014

Mark was absolutely wonderful!! answered all and any questions i had and was absolutely wonderful to work with… He made my wedding such a success! Mark and his staff are amazing…thanks to him i had the best night of my life!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This vendor was very responsive and answered my many questions. I had a signed contract with this vendor, but had to cancel due to a change in our financial circumstance. I was so upset! I was really looking forward to having my reception here.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Words can not express my gratitude for Mark and his amazing staff. He was always quick to respond to my questions, concerns, and always had a solution in mind! Our wedding was spectacular! The entire night flowed seamlessly into each hour. From the beautiful ceremony, to the cocktail hour, and then dinner and dancing. The staff made sure everyone had a great time. We had a total of 60 guest and it worked perfectly. While we removed some tables to make room for dancing, we had the guest to one side of the room for our cake cutting, and toasts. Like magic, by the time we were ready for our first dance, the area was cleared and again a seamless transition happened. I could not have asked for a better night. I had so much fun, and my guest could not stop raving about the food, drinks, and great atmosphere! Mark is truly a blessing to work with. He was the reason we chose Churchill's in the first place!! I can not wait to get the photographs back!!
If you are having a wedding in Savannah, please contact Mark. You will not regret it! It is the perfect venue for a wedding!!!! There is not one thing I would change about this night!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Churchill's Pub and Mark for making our dream wedding come to life!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's kind of hard to believe when you're reading vendor reviews when planning your wedding and someone consistently receives 5.0/5.0 stars from past clients. With 10 Downing, believe it! If we had it all to do over again, we would chose 10 Downing every time. Mark and his staff were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process; that was especially comforting to a couple who was planning their ceremony and reception from out of state. This was the first venue we looked at and we both fell in love the minute we saw the space. Mark was amazing at communicating with us and making sure all of our questions were answered. The space was just the right size and all of our guests had an amazing time. Our ceremony took place inside, with my (now) husband and I saying our vows in front of their three huge windows overlooking Bay Street. After the ceremony, everyone went outside for cocktails while Mark and his staff flipped the inside to hold the reception. It was seamless. Seriously. The food ... I cannot do it justice. Every bite we had was delicious! By the way, the past reviews are not overselling the mac-n-cheese!!! We didn't have a "traditional" wedding by any means, so this meant we also did not have a wedding cake. Instead, our guests devoured the peanut butter pie. I cannot tell you how many people commented on this and thanked us for our decision to serve something so delicious! Mark was constantly in touch and made sure our day went flawlessly; constantly reassuring a bride who was panicking about the rain (me) :) . 200% I would recommend 10 Downing to anyone looking for a ceremony/reception! I'm sad it's over and would do it all over again.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are planning having 60-70 guests this is a beautiful venue. Mark Royston is remarkable, professional, responsive & gracious. Mark was more helpful that we ever could have asked.
We ended up having 90 come to our destination wedding & lucky for us the weather cooperated. We were able to rent the beautiful roof top terrace to have our cocktail hour outside and then move inside for dinner and the out to the rooftop again for music and dancing (for those who wanted and for those who did not could stay inside and look out through the windows).
Matt the banquet manager for the evening did a superb job along with the rest of the wait staff. Our menu was the Madison Menu and was excellent. Highly recommend 10 Downing but watch your head count!! Thank You 10 Downing!

Services Used: Ceremony Music

we just had our beautiful destination wedding at 10 Downing. I will never be able to say enough about the superior service we received from the General Manager, Mark. He was beyond what we could of ever hoped for. He was helpful, quick with responses, detailed and never got tired of all our questions and concerns. Planning a destination wedding was scary, being out of state makes it hard to communicate effectively all of your expectations for your big day. Mark met with us each time we went to Savannah to finalize details for our big day. He was always available by phone or email. Our tasting appointment was great, it helped us make the hard decisions related to our food and beverage needs. When we decided we wanted to do a heavy appetizer dinner Mark was more than happy to help us with the concerns we had. Our reception turned out amazing. The staff was organized and speedy in tending to the needs of our guests all night. The venue itself was beautiful and helped set the mood for an amazing night. The patio off the venue was closed to the general public the night of our wedding due to weather concerns so the extra space really helped accommodate our guests (we had about 74).

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my destination wedding at 10 Downing and cannot say enough good things about the venue! Mark, the General Manager, is an absolute joy to work with. He was quick to respond, gladly met with us anytime we were in Savannah and never got tired of answering questions. I knew he would make sure everything ran smoothly on the big day (and it did)! We chose to have our ceremony on the rooftop terrace and reception inside. For our intimate wedding of 50, it was perfect! The food was delicious and abundant, service was great and the banquet room/bar area are just gorgeous. I highly recommend 10 Downing for anyone looking for exceptional service and a fantastic wedding experience!

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

We used Churchill's Pub for a Rehearsal Party in their Ten Downing room. It was spacious, perfectly sized, clean, and a very comfortable and welcoming space.The staff were very professional, easy to work with, and all of our guests found the venue to be very nice. We had heavy appetizers and the choices very broad and unique to Savannah. The choices were very popular with lots of compliiments from all of our guests on how tasty they were. We would use them again, and I highly recommend them.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

10 Downing was the perfect place for our wedding! From day one, Mark was so helpful! I can't say enough great things about Mark Royston, and his ability to assist me with my wedding details. The size of our guest list, was the perfect fit for 10 Downing, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Thanks so much for a wonderful evening!

ktv92284
11/16/2013

Look no further…..seriously. I have scoured Savannah for venues and this is BY FAR the best as far as service, value and ambiance goes. I’m going to jump on the bandwagon and just say, MARK IS AMAZING! He goes above and beyond his normal duties of restaurant manager and is just a really nice guy in general. The food was awesome, Mark has a great relationship with all outside vendors (DJ, Cake Service, etc) which makes everything run even more smoothly and I cannot tell you how many e-mails we exchanged back and forth over the course of the year and he responds almost immediately every time.....I really don't think this guy sleeps.Our guests all complimented how beautiful the venue and food was and they all had a really great time. He was also very accomodating as far as letting us into the venue ahead of time to drop off our decor and we were able to pick up everything the next day. Thank you so much Mark and staff!!

Private User
1+ year ago

10 Downing was the most perfect venue. It was so beautiful, and we are still getting compliments on it. The real star was Mark, who never took longer than like 4 hours to answer an email, met with me many times to ease my crazy wedding questions, and truly made the reception a breeze. We did not lift a finger! The food was amazing, all my guests raved at the food!! The mac and cheese is to die for! The waitstaff was perfect, there was never an empty glass. I had an incredibly elegant reception that was no where NEAR the outrageous prices of the other places in savannah. I truly had no complaints, I am just so sad it is over!! Thank you so much to Mark and 10 Downing for providing us the wedding of our dreams!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First off I want to start by saying we had the BEST WEDDING EVER on 6-23-13 at 10 Downing at Churchill's!! It was SO MUCH FUN and it was everything I imagined it would be and more. The general manager Mark Royston was amazingly helpful and he made our destination wedding completely stress-free. He answered my emails very quickly and never got annoyed with all my questions and concerns. We actually booked 10 Downing without ever seeing it and when we came down for our tasting and saw it in person we were even more impressed. Once our day arrived everything flowed smoothly and Mark was right there managing everything. The servers and bartenders were very friendly, helpful, and fun to talk to. The chef and his staff did an awesome job on the food. Everyone is still talking about how good the food was and how much fun they had. If we had to choose all over again we would definitely choose 10 Downing!! We look forward to hanging out at Churchill's Pub whenever we are in town and telling everyone 'we got married here'! Thanks Mark!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used 10 Downing for our rehearsal dinner space and just loved it! Everyone was so easy to work with and the space and food was amazing!! We had more compliments on the food at our rehearsal dinner than the food at our wedding. We definitely recommend 10 Downing!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding reception at 10 Downing at Churchill's on 6/1/13 and it was fantastic! Mark Royston was an absolute dream to work with. He always answered any emails I sent him within a day, but it was typically within about two hours! He was so kind and generous. All the staff were! All of my guests raved about the food (especially the mac and cheese) and the servers all night! And the venue is very modern and beautiful. We had about 60 guests, and the size of the room was perfect. I can't compliment Mark, the staff, and the venue enough---they were phenomenal! I searched for several months for reception venues in Savannah, and I would absolutely recommend this venue to any bride and groom. They were also very priced better in comparison with other venues in the city that are older and don't provide the wonderful food and service that 10 downing does.

Thank you, Mark and everyone else at 10 Downing, for making our reception so perfect and memorable!

Becky and JP

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough positive comments about 10 Downing. I searched high and low in Georgia and surrounding states to find the perfect venue for our wedding. As a photographer, I had a very specific vision for our day: intimate, romantic, and timeless. I dreamed of a venue that would give us the foundation we needed to build our vision, but was flexible enough to allow me to bring together the best wedding vendors I knew, as well as convenient for us and all of our out-of-town guests. The moment we met Mark and toured Churchill's, we knew we had found the perfect spot for our ceremony and reception. All three floors of Churchill's - the newly renovated wine cellar, the main pub floor, and 10 Downing are beautifully designed with gorgeous hard wood floors and unique lighting fixtures. 10 Downing has a beautifully neutral room and elegant bar that offer couples a clean slate for creating their event. We held our ceremony of 60 guests in 10 Downing. After the ceremony, our guests were directed to Winston's Wine Cellar for cocktail hour while the wedding party went to Forsyth Park for photos and the staff at 10 Downing set the room up for the reception. The flexibility 10 Downing gave me as a bride enabled me to bring in every detail from outside vendors that I needed to create my perfect scene. Mark never told me no, no matter what I asked to do. We brought in a few furniture pieces and antique china that really brought everything together. Mark worked with us to create a customized menu for our cocktail hour and reception. The food and bar selections were perfect! The real gem though at Churchill's is Mark and the staff. Mark worked with me day and night to help plan the perfect wedding and the staff were incredibly kind and efficient.
The bottom line is that 10 Downing is the perfect location for an intimate event. With Mark, you are in the best hands. You can see pictures of our wedding at 10 Downing at http://laurafulmer.com/blog/?p=2552.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue