Chef and I Catering Reviews

81 | Brackenridge, PA

81 Reviews for Chef and I Catering

Katie Hartman · Getting married on 05/09/2020

Excellent Tasting and Service!

The whole team at the Chef & I Catering was friendly and great to work with. They really know the wedding business and are willing to work with you in whatever you need. They also really took their time during our tasting to help us understand all of the details. Would recommend!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Hi Katie!

Thank you so much for your review. It was our pleasure. Best wishes to you and Kevin!

Kind Regards,
    Kristopher
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing experience!

Kris, Nikki and all the staff at the Chef and I were so fantastic for my wedding at Riverside Landing! Everyone LOVED the food, particularly the mashed potatoes! Any suggestions or changes we asked for, Kris or Nikki quickly replied to and took care of. The Chicken Marsala and Beef tips were wonderful! The serving staff was extra polite and very helpful. I cannot say enough good things about the Chef and I and I recommend them to everyone! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Samantha Bennett · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing! ☆ delicious!☆

Chef and I Catering was amazing to work with- the entire staff is so helpful & kind!! They were such a huge part in our perfect wedding day! Food was amazing- all of our guests raved about how good everything was and no one left our reception hungry! (We have also enjoyed our leftovers)
    We would pick them again hands down!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • JOSHELLEN

JOSHELLEN · Married on 09/28/2019

Awesome, Best caterer in Pittsburgh!

Every one of my guest keep raving about how good the food was!! Kris was so great at communicating. From start to finish things were easy. Thank you Chef and I catering!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Lizz Smith · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding- excellent

All the staff at The Chef and I were amazing to work with! Kris and Nikki always answered all my emails in a timely manner. All my family are still talking about the food from my wedding almost 1.5 months ago! I highly recommend The Chef and I!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Hillary Gaskill · Married on 09/14/2019

AMAZING food & service!

The staff at Chef and I Catering was helpful, responsive, and easy to work with, and the food was delicious and affordable. After tasting the food, we decided on the option with stations. Even with 300 guests to serve, the stations moved efficiently and quickly. Two months after our wedding, we are receiving compliments from our satisfied guests about the food and the kind wait-staff.

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/01/2019

September wedding reception

We had such a great experience with this catering company! They were so organized, helpful and kind during our reception, which made the whole day easier for us. The food was also amazing and we got a ton of compliments on it!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Elyse

Elyse Stepnick · Married on 08/24/2019

Chef & I at Soldiers & Sailors

Nikki and Kristopher were absolutely amazing to work with. Our wedding at soldiers and sailors memorial was GORGEOUS and effortless because of them. Nikki is so professional and organized. Both Nikki and Kristopher were so easy to get in touch with any time we needed to chat during the wedding planning process. They communicated at the beginning of our contract the dates that they would check in with us, and they checked in right on schedule every single time! I felt so confident everything was going to be taken care of, I didn't feel any stress the day of the wedding. Nikki made sure everything was beautifully set up on the day before the wedding and Kristopher checked in with me several times during cocktail hour to make sure we had enough appetizers in the board room and everything was flowing according to plan. The food was absolutely AMAZING and came out hot and at the exact right time it was supposed to come out. The room was served in less than 10 minutes for almost 150 guests. It was amazing working with the Chef & I and I HIGHLY recommend them to Soldier's & Sailors brides.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Paige R · Married on 08/18/2019

great service

the chef and i are very flexible working with last minute changes and going above and beyond to make my day flow without any problems. everything was exceptional starting with the kindness and had working staff and ending with the fantastic food!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Katelyn · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfection

Amazing job, the food was spectacular and everything went off without a hitch. I couldn’t be more happy with my day

Sent on 10/31/2019

Amber Zaspel · Married on 05/25/2019

Exceptional

Chef & I Catering from the start blew us away! We really loved the food when we went for our tasting and they added so many touches to our experience there really was no other choice. We discussed everything and they went over all our options with us so we were crystal clear on what was being served, how, when, and on what dish ware. They were great working with us on the linens and for cocktail hour as well. As the bride of course you change your mind a million times on the colors lol they were so patient with us! We were in constant contact with them leading up to the wedding and they were attentive to all our needs and concerns. The food at dinner was absolutely amazing, hot, and delicious. So many people came up to us to tell us how good the food was, that it was the best beef they have ever had and the mash potatoes were to die for, and many other appreciate complements. We would highly recommend them because their service and food was exceptional and our guests were overwhelmed with their dinners. They will make your wedding day so much better like they did for us, it is the most important part! :) Thank you Chef & I for making our day just that more perfect!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • madisonelis

Madison · Married on 05/25/2019

literally the BEST chicken i've ever had in my life

I am so happy we chose the Chef and I for our caterer. Their food was so tasty, nice large portions, and they were very easy to work with and so professional with everything. We chose filet and chicken... no joke... the chicken is the must flavorful chicken i've ever had in my life. my parents, who are not "chicken" people (they dont order chicken at restaurants, more of fish and filet type) ... they both picked the chicken at the wedding because of how good it was. I also had SO many people rave to me on how good the food was. The filet was cooked PERFECT and everyting had so much flavor. People do not rave about food if it was mediocre or decent or "normal" ... that's how you know it was good.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 02/16/2019

100% Recommend! AMAZING!

They were very responsive to any emails and phone calls. The staff was super friendly and very accommodating. The food was amazing and they have so many delicious options to chose from! We got so many compliments on our food!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Elaine Byrnes · Married on 10/14/2018

Top notch catering- professional and friendly staff and excellent food

This is the catering service you need for your wedding reception. The food is excellent, all of our guests remarked how nice the staff were and Ho’s good the food was, especially the beef tips and chicken Romano. We are so grateful and would recommend them to anyone planning their wedding reception!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/13/2018

The BEST in the business! Our guest couldn’t stop raving about the food! The attention to detail and the overall professionalism made our day beyond amazing! I will always recommend Kristopher and his team! Thank you so much :)

Sent on 10/14/2018

lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Overall kris and team were amazing to work with! The food was fantastic, their help along the planning journey was fantastic and overall they added so much to our wedding. They made it is as easy as possible for us! We are still getting complements about the food!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Chef and I Catering's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review, Lauren! We work hard to meet our clients expectations, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your guests. Thanks again for the opportunity.
    Cheers and best wishes from The Chef and I Team.

Erin · Married on 09/29/2018

The food for our reception was amazing! We chose the cajun chicken, roast beef, sour cream potatoes, and green beans. The whole process was easy and straight forward. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Maryann · Married on 09/15/2018

Our wedding was on 9/15/18 we are so glad we made the choice to go with The Chef and I ..the food was scrumptious..
    the staff were professional and friendly ..Krishtopher was so patient and accommodating to all of our wishes....our guest are still talking about how amazing the food was....We Highly recommended that we use The Chef and I for your catering needs you wont be disappointed...we sure were'nt..
    Maryann and Brian Hilliard

Sent on 09/24/2018

Bettyann · Married on 09/01/2018

They were so wonderful to work with them. Everyone raved about the food. The cocktail hour was just beautiful with their decor. The staff was very accommodating to our needs. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Chef and I Catering's reply:

Hi Bettyann! Thank you very much for your kind words. Your daughters wedding reception was absolutely beautiful at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum. We absolutely love plated meals and the choices selected were awesome. Best Wishes to you and your family! -Kristopher

Carli · Married on 08/25/2018

We had an unconventional Indian/American fusion wedding. We had difficulty finding a caterer who would suit our needs AND meet our budget. These caterers were charging astronomical amounts, and we felt like our wedding would be just another date on their very busy calendars. Thankfully, we met Kris, chef Ken, and the Chef and I team! They exceeded our expectations from the first meeting and went above and beyond for us in every way, WITHOUT charging us a small fortune. I felt like we were working with family...it was such a good feeling. It's clear that the Chef & I's priority is their client, not their bottom line. They recognizes how important the day is for you and your family, and they make yours feel like the only wedding on their schedule. After our wedding, we received countless compliments on the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, and we got RAVE reviews on the food (try their eggplant parm!). We will not forget what a positive impact the Chef & I had on our wedding. Forever thankful to this team!!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Becky · Married on 07/21/2018

Nothing short of amazing!!

The Chef and I was one of our favorite parts of the wedding. We received countless compliments from our guests on the food. They customized the menu to meet what we wished. They took care of every detail. I would pick them again and again if I had to choose. Wonderful, helpful, friendly staff!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Marjorie · event on: 04/20/2018

The entire process, from our first interaction to the delivery of our meal, was flawless. The staff that set up the food at our location were courteous and very helpful. Had many complements on the taste and quality of the food. The food was amazingly delicious! Would use them again without hesitation!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Diane · event on: 03/03/2018

Everyone loved the food served.

Sent on 03/08/2018

David · Married on 10/21/2017

food and service was excellent. Met with chef and administrator who were very helpful in designing the menu and food choices. Attendant was very professional , couteous and gracious with guests. would definitely very highly recommend the Chef and I for any party needs.

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • Steagles

Katie · Married on 08/26/2017

I first met with Denny and he was flexible with our plans to customize the menu. He patiently talked me through the pros and cons of different styles of service (buffet, plated, stations) to help me decide the right one for us. We had a tasting in December and the food was good and at a fantastic price. Everything was set. Then I got a call this past Friday from a man named Kris, saying the Chef and I had merged with his company A Grand Affair, so now he owns both under one umbrella. He reassured me that quality would be the same, if not better, my menu wouldn't change, and everything on our contract was still valid. He offered a second tasting for reassurance purposes. I live out of state and by chance was going to be in town that very weekend. Kris bent over backwards to rally the troops and had a lovely tasting that Sunday morning, with less than 48 hrs' notice from the time I found out about the change in ownership. He was right: everything was as good and much was even better! Kris explained a few improvements he had made and why, and I was so pleased. He was really easy to work with and bent over backwards to accommodate and stay in touch. What could have been a very stressful situation worked out to be even better than I had planned! The food was divine at the tasting and I can't wait to work with Kris, Denny, and the rest of the crew next month.

Update, post-wedding: I'm SO pleased with The Chef & I! Our August 2017 wedding was great and we got lots of compliments on the food, especially the "Pittsburgh station", which had stuffed cabbage and pierogi. They made sure to save us some appetizers in the bridal suite and left us TONS of well-packaged leftovers at the end of the night. The price was excellent for the quality. I'd definitely recommend this caterer.

Sent on 07/17/2017