May2010Bride
Super May 2010

You All ROCK....read my other (bad) board experience....

May2010Bride, on August 14, 2009 at 9:27 PM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save

OK...first I have to give kudos to EVERYONE here....you gals (and bridal party readers/responders) are like a warm fuzzy blanket compaired to some other boards. I had made up a "for sale" website just to sell a few odds and ends that I have been given by friends/co-workers and wanted to sell to make some money towards my own 2010 wedding. I just reduced prices so I posted on the nests-trash 2 treasure board and the project wedding-for sale board. Alot of posts had "FS" so I wrote out the wording "for sale" and OMG.....I just got bashed every which way to sunday. A few people wrote no biggie...but a few wrote that I post the same things all the time....and I had to admit it hurt my feelings a bit. I have the same things for sale b/c nothing has sold yet they are having issues b/c I ONLY have the same things for sale. So I'm going to give up pn those boards. Going forward I will rather sell it on EBay or cragislist. So I thought I would tell you all that I really apperciate you all !!!

24 Comments

• DreamComeTrue
    Master June 2011
    DreamComeTrue ·
    • Flag

Awww I was thinking the same exact same thing! Im so happy I found this site!

• Michelle Powell
    January 2020
    Michelle Powell ·
    • Flag

I agree: WeddingWire is DEFINITELY the best wedding planning message boards out there! Everybody is so nice and respectful to each other! We're glad to have you here!

• S
    Super September 2010
    SCheecks ·
    • Flag

Yea its awesome, actually a friend of mine said here try this site and I am like "OK." My favorite thing is the drop and drag seating chart. I also love that you can vent to other brides/grooms exct and they will give u advice. Its so cool!!!!!

• weliz
    Super October 2009
    weliz ·
    • Flag

Just wondering, what do they say about us over there? ;-)

• May2010Bride
    Super May 2010
    May2010Bride ·
    • Flag

I'm thinking they don't know about "us" here...and between me and all of you....I would rather keep it that way...LOL

• weliz
    Super October 2009
    weliz ·
    • Flag

That's ok, if they do we'll gang up on them, just like we do with vendors posting as pretend brides! Gotta love the "flag as inappropriate" option.

• L
    VIP August 2009
    lauren10 ·
    • Flag

People that are mean to others on-line are miserable losers that hide behind their computers and probably can barely function socially in real life. Don't take it personally!

• W
    Master June 2010
    wowjunkie ·
    • Flag

I agree with Lauren - if your life is so unfulfilling you have to take it out on strangers, then you should get off the computer and work on it!

• May2010Bride
    Super May 2010
    May2010Bride ·
    • Flag

You gals make me laugh...see...I LOVE YOU GALS!!!! But you are all right...if someone had to go that low....well, it makes you wonder how they DO function in everyday life. =-) Have a happy Sunday ladies!!!

• Rebecca Weber
    January 2020
    Rebecca Weber ·
    • Flag

Hi - just an FYI - here are some more wedding resale sites if you are looking for other places to post stuff . . .

http://classifieds.weddingbee.com/

http://gentlyusedbridal.com/index.html

http://www.recycleyourwedding.com/

http://www.partypop.com/Forums/Weddings/

http://www.bridetobrideboutique.com/

http://www.bravobride.com/

• May2010Bride
    Super May 2010
    May2010Bride ·
    • Flag

Thanks...I didn't even know all these other ones were around...other then the bravobride. Oh no....this means MORE sites for me to search LOL as well as list my things for sale. Thanks for posting it.

• Tamara
    Dedicated November 2009
    Tamara ·
    • Flag

I am on the other board as well, and I don't think that is what they were indicating..It didn't have anything to do with writing FOR SALE. They indicated that all post get dumped into the main board so if you list in in the For Sale Section people are going to see it....no need to keep reposting.

I have been on both boards....it's all about perceptions...Because it is a really good board. Sorry that your experience was so bad.

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

Personally I can't stand the other board. Majority (not all) of those women are psychotic. I typically use one screen name for all boards. Its easier that way plus I am a gamer so that my gamer tag and people know me by it. Lets just say VegasBride is not my gamer tag. When I was at the other board I was using said gamer tag and they followed me over to sites that mean A LOT to me and trashed my rep points on those sites and then they copy and pasted stuff I had put onto those boards into their board and continued to trash it. Thankfully I have a personal relationship with the heads of some of those boards so I was able to repair my rep on there but it was completely uncalled for. When I sent an email to board to have my profile and initial post deleted I thought it was all over. Sadly it wasn't. Those psycho's had saved the entire thread and re-posted it after the fact because they thought I had dirty deleted the thread. When I came here I decided not to use my gamer tag.

• Tamara
    Dedicated November 2009
    Tamara ·
    • Flag

My whole point is to find the site that works best for you....I find it interesting that people would go from board to board to trash one another. We are all brides and all looking for advice and support. If one board doesnt' work for you try something else. There is NO NEED to trash people...AND I Just made the same point on the other site.

• Pamela Stevenson
    January 2020
    Pamela Stevenson ·
    • Flag

Craigslist works great for selling furniture, computers, electronics, appliances, unique items or finding hard to find items.

Ebay works for collectibles, jewelry, clothing, etc.

Ebay tends to bring higher dollar amounts, followed by Craigslist. If you cannot sell on either of these sites, it is then time for a garage sale.

• T
    Beginner July 2009
    TheMRS ·
    • Flag

I get trying to be discrete! People are strange!

What I love about WW is the iphone app.

• Tracy
    Expert April 2009
    Tracy ·
    • Flag

Girls on the knot & nest know about this board, but I wont dare go into what they think. they can be a little crazy over there, but they also have a lot of great ideas....many of which I used on my wedding day.

• weliz
    Super October 2009
    weliz ·
    • Flag

@imktdqt810, you'll have better luck selling items through sales sites like those the PPs listed than on a forum like this. But as Soiree said, if they still don't sell then it's time to adjust your expectations of how much you will make and either garage sale or donate them.

@Tamara, good point, we can use the sites that work for us, and as for the others, why not live and let live?

• G
    Dedicated October 2011
    gwenandlee ·
    • Flag

Three guesses (and you do not need the first two) who she is talking about...

• Neka
    Expert April 2010
    Neka ·
    • Flag

You know I keep hearing about all these other bad wedding sites! I have only ever been on the wire...I had thought about joining a few more, but after all I have read, I think i just better stick to this one. I would have to go off on somebody...LMAO

Thanks Ladies of the Wire!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics