FFW
Master August 2016

WW Poll: Venue Type

FFW, on April 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Posted in Planning 189

What of type of venue did/do you have? For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single...

What of type of venue did/do you have?

For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other

And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single thing-tables, food, bar, etc -what I call build a wedding)?

189 Comments

• The Future Mrs. Reaves
    Dedicated June 2017
    The Future Mrs. Reaves ·
    • Flag

The Biltmore-Ballroom!! Build a wedding, in included the tables and chairs, alcohol and a bridal suite

• Holly
    Master February 2017
    Holly ·
    • Flag

Jaci I looked at a train station too and it was such a cool space but just way too big for what we needed! Yours is lovely though.

• UnderTheJuneWillows
    VIP June 2016
    UnderTheJuneWillows ·
    • Flag

B&B/historic mansion in garden/pond area- inclusive of rentals and servers, not of vendors.

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·
    • Flag

I rented the outdoor garden area of an old historic house in San Antonio which is now a museum.

It is not typically used as an event venue, but it is available for rent. I had to bring everything in. Chairs, tables, catering, etc... It was a build a wedding! I loved it so much. I Still love it so much!

I really liked building it ourselves, furnishing our own bar, etc. I did not have a wedding planner.

Eta: behind the arches is where we had the ceremony, which later became a large dance floor. There was another seperate side patio area where people had cocktails while it was being changed over. Dinner tables were around the fountain. It is all lit up at night and is honestly one of the most dreamy places I have ever seen! Smiley laugh

• Adoretamm
    Master May 2016
    Adoretamm ·
    • Flag

Banquet hall- tables and chairs included. Everything else is DIY

• Reggie
    Master September 2015
    Reggie ·
    • Flag

Mine was a garden (for the ceremony and dancing) with a really unique building (for the dinner). The building was a gas station in the 40s and has since been totally rehabbed into an event space. Exposed brick and floor to ceiling windows. It was amazing!! It was semi-inclusive, coming with the tables, chairs, linens, and sound system. Then our caterer provided plates, silverware, and glasses so it was really nice that we didn't have to work with a separate rental company.

• MrsAO
    Devoted November 2016
    MrsAO ·
    • Flag

Boutique hotel on the beach. Semi-inclusive

• Chrises
    Super November 2016
    Chrises ·
    • Flag

Other people posted pictures and I want to, too! This is the American Sign Museum Smiley smile

• JohnsonToJackson
    Expert June 2016
    JohnsonToJackson ·
    • Flag

Church wedding and a rented hall for reception semi inclusive meaning only tables and chairs were included, everything else is diy (expect the catering we hired someone to do that)

• Flufflepuff
    Master June 2017
    Flufflepuff ·
    • Flag

Barn (FH's only requirement for getting married was if we could do it in a barn). I guess it is considered "semi" inclusive? Tables and chairs are included in the price as well as our honeymoon cottage. Unfortunately it doesn't include food or our alcohol.

• Emster
    Super September 2016
    Emster ·
    • Flag

Lodge/day camp. Totally DIY -- definitely a headache, but it was really important to my FH and it is nice to really customize it to us.

• Frugal Gator
    Master May 2016
    Frugal Gator ·
    • Flag

Church and hotel ballroom, semi-inclusive

• MrsPlasters
    Super September 2015
    MrsPlasters ·
    • Flag

We had our ceremony on the beach and the reception at a beach house. We had to bring in the rentals and catering etc..

• Mrs.T_618
    VIP June 2016
    Mrs.T_618 ·
    • Flag

Outdoor ceremony/indoor reception adjacent - semi-inclusive (have to provide coordinator, officiant, cake/dessert, photographer, videographer, ceremony audio, ceremony music, band).

• NativeBride
    Super October 2016
    NativeBride ·
    • Flag

Outside chapel

• N
    Devoted May 2016
    N ·
    • Flag

Restaurant that has two different spaces to have a ceremony and reception. The table, chairs, linens, food, alcohol, arch, aisle runner and chairs for ceremony is all provided by them. The cake is in included in the cost, but it's made from a bakery.

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

We are using a hotel (adjoining ballrooms) that has pretty much everything included (tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces - not using theirs, provide cake cutting service, easels for display). Wedding package includes cocktail hour. Bar, of course is separate based on type & we do have a food/beverage minimum. We also get a suite that night (for free) & a room on our anniversary. The all-inclusiveness and location are why we chose it.

• Jillian
    Devoted June 2017
    Jillian ·
    • Flag

Historic building that is all inclusive!

• Waychox3
    Master September 2016
    Waychox3 ·
    • Flag

Backyard Barn, we have to bring everything in.

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

So much variation. the pictures are def a bonus.

Comment on this discussion